TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Tucka's Tutes: The Basics by BushtuckaPenguin

[Reviews - 12]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

 


I expect there you are two reasons you have joined me today and the foremost of these will be curiosity.

Having been hanging around fanfiction in general for some time I know a couple of you will be thinking 'What does this smug person have to say and what do they have to offer. Why are they so good to be telling me how to run my fic! It my writing and its only fanfiction so I can do whatever I want, ect, ect.

Whoa mate, carry on soldier! This is just me offering the advise I have to give after, ooh, must be a decade now of writing fanfiction.

Consider this part as quality control and an easy checklist to take before each post. By ensuring you've done these things, the very, very least you can do to make your fic the best it can be, it shows you have pride in your work and it quickly wins the respect of a reviewer. By getting these things right it means the reviewer doesn't waste time on the basics and can direct attention and compliments to where they deserve.

These are also the small things, if you can't take the time to get the small things right, its unlikely your going to take the time to get the big things right. By not at least attempting these things, what is shows to the reader is laziness. If they don't care about their fanfiction, why should I?

Bye bye reader, and don't you want every review you can get your hands on?

The good part is that once you know about these things, they'll become second nature so you don't even have to think about them, promise! Think of this as the start of a wonderful hobby and a wonderful source of fun and happiness.

In this section I should also warn you, I've never taken more than high school English. These are just thetidbits I've picked up through copious reading of published and fan fiction. I should also mention that my interests lie mostly in OC fanfictions so that's where my examples will come from and tutorials will be directed towards, but I think what you find here will go across the board.

Get in, get around, review, rewrite, talk to fellow authors and get the basics right!