TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Why? by Hyuuga Akenai

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I don't own it.
Why?

It was a question Sasuke had always asked Itachi when he didn’t understand. When he looked up from his crayon drawing of a large rabbit in a field, he’d wanted to know why the sky was blue. Itachi told him it was because the sun was yellow, and the grass and trees were green, and that any other color would look silly. Sasuke had accepted that answer and gone back to coloring.

When Sasuke asked why there was only the two of them, Itachi explained that their mother couldn’t have anymore children. And besides, what did she need with another child when she had two perfectly good children sitting right here. Sasuke smiled at his big brother and went back to reading his book.

When Sasuke had asked why Itachi had to go, Itachi had explained that he had a job to do, just like little Sasuke would one day. When Sasuke asked if it was because he was a ninja, Itachi nodded and left through the window. If Sasuke was unsatisfied with this answer, Itachi would never know.

For a while, Sasuke stopped asking ‘why’. He didn’t need his big brother to tell him why he couldn’t hit as many targets, or manage to perfect the clan’s fire jutsus as well as Itachi had. So he’d practiced all by himself. Because he didn’t need Itachi to explain to him. Not anymore.

When Itachi killed their family, Sasuke confronted him, terrified. Eyes wide, he uttered one word, one that had been left unsaid for far too long;

“Why?”
Chapter end notes: There we are... Read and Review?