TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Miko finds herself at a loss for words when she watches as Tanzou is overwhelmed by a powerful and mysterious energy, which drives him to overpower Kuromeru, resulting in him being driven back. However as a result, Tanzou collapses, and a mysterious young man in a 'White Mask' appeared and took Kuromeru before Yoichi could get to him.

Miko, Tanzou, Shai, Yoichi, Kuromeru, Shiraha, Gaza, Suzu, Wataru, Jishin
Chapter #7: Wild Flower


Tanzou stood at the window of the hotel room, peering down at the birds, bathing in the gutters. He gripped his now bandaged fist and balled it.

"Tanzou, be careful you nearly over did it this time." Yoichi warned. Tanzou slightly looked over his shoulder but said nothing. Miko watched from far behind Tanzou, staring at his back. She wondered what was up with his sudden bursts or power and then the so-quick relapses. She wondered if he was alright and if maybe he was just holding it in. She had seen him use the Raihari once before, when Doro and his minions assaulted them in the Raigaou Woods back in Sandagakure, Tanzou had also collapsed then too.

"I understand that this your second collapse?" Yoichi asked. "What!?" Tanzou replied, this time fully turned. "I heard that you passed out after performing your 'thunder' technique on some enemies in the woods at sanda." Yoichi added. "So..." Tanzou started up. "So, don't get any thoughts of grandeur, this is something of a new development for you. And if you go rushing in head on you'll tear yourself apart, understood?" Yoichi reminded. Tanzou turned back around and looked out the window. "Sure..." Yoichi sighed and looked at Shai who was asleep, then to Miko.

"Miko, how did your training go?" he inquired. "Well...I got a few moves in but you know that guy showed up and all..." Miko started. Yoichi shook his head. "Excuses, excuses..." Yoichi said. "You should get some extra training in while you can, there's no telling when Kuromero will strike next." Yoichi added. "So this guy, he's the one we're after then?" Tanzou asked. Yoichi nodded, "Yes, we were hired by some locals here to rid them of the burglaries and the thief problems. It seems however like its going to be tougher than I thought." Yoichi noted. "So this is actually a 'B' ranked assignment." Tanzou stated. "More like an 'A' ranked one." Yoichi corrected. Miko and Tanzou both fixated on Yoichi. "I know I stated that this was a 'C' rank mission, however considering recent developments...things have changed." Yoichi said. Miko and Tanzou sighed and looked upset. "No need to look so glum, you are all chūnin, there is no reason you cannot handle an 'A' ranked assignment." Yoichi said.

Miko shook her head, "Yeah but it's just that we haven't exactly been on any missions since we were all genin under Tita-Sensei." Yoichi thought to himself for a moment. "That's true, however that does not excuse you from your responsibilities as chūnin." Yoichi added. "Even though you're still young, you were all selected for a reason. If the elders did not see you to be fit as chūnin, then you would not be. Simple as that." Yoichi said. "I became a chūnin through hard work and determination, after months of miserable setbacks!" Miko blurted. "Yes, but it was the council's decision that determined whether you become chūnin or not." Yoichi said. "Don't get smug, you don't get to do as you please just because you're chūnin." Yoichi stated. "You are merely neophytes, but you must still set a precedent for those behind you." Yoichi added. Yoichi got up and proceeded to the door, "I'm going out for a bit." he said. "Mind yourselves." he said before closing the door behind him.

Miko turned to Tanzou, "What the actual hell!?" Miko shouted. "I am never careless!" Tanzou shook his head. "He's right! We need to focus more as a team in order to complete our missions, rather than going rogue and doing things our own way!" Tanzou added. Miko looked away, "Whatever, I prefered being a maverick but we can at leats train some!" Miko whined.

Later that day, Kuromeru was asleep in bed. A young man in the white mask entered the bedroom with a tray of soup and some bread. "Still asleep..." He said under his breath. He approached and placed the tray on the bedside table. "You were reckless, you could've died." He said.

Meanwhile, Miko & Tanzou practiced their techniques for perfecting jutsu and their own unique abilities (i.e. Chakra Borealis and Raihari. While Shai sat under a tree, watching. "Hey Tanzou, why don't you ever use that lightning attack more often?" Shai wondered. "Huh? The what?" Tanzou asked. "Come on, you know!" Miko blurted. "When your eyes glow all weird like and your arms start getting all electricity and everything and you shout out RAIHARI! and charge at the guy!" Miko explained. "Rai...hari?" Tanzou replied. Miko sighed and scratched her head. "Gee, maybe he wasn't supposed to know?" Shai wondered. "Supposed to know what?" Tanzou asked. "That lightning technique you only use it once every so often!" Miko shouted. "I'll bet if you practice you could master it in about a week tops!" she added. "Miko! Don't pester him, maybe he passes out and forgets everything for a reason!" Shai blurted. Tanzou faced Shai with a shocked expression.

"I collapsed?" he asked. "Hoo boy he doesn't remember ANYTHING!" Miko cried. "Miko!!!" Shai scolded. "What!?" Miko retorted. "Listen, Tanzou...maybe you shouldn't worry about it, after all if you don't know it now, then maybe that's just a sign that you will know it later." Shai suggested. "Yeah right..." Miko scoffed. "What was that Miko-Baka!?" Shai snapped. "Shai Otokusa's WHOLE family are the masters of the secret: Healing Palms technique, yet Shai-Rat here hasn't even learned the first tier yet!" Miko blurted. Tanzou turned to Shai. "Shai, is this true? You haven't mastered your heritage?" He asked. Shai's face grew red with embarassment and she snapped. "Oh shut the hell up Miko-Baka!" She yelled, getting up and running out of the small field.

"She'll never make it in this business!" Miko scoffed. Tanzou turned to Miko and shrugged. "I'm really curious to see if I can master the 'Raihari'." He admitted. "I wanna learn the Chakra Wave, old man Risu-Senpi told me about. 'said it was the second highest tier of the borealis technique, and that even he hadn't learned the third, and most powerful phase yet!" Miko exclaimed, teeming with excitement. Tanzou's eyes lit up, "You've piqued my interest!"

Shai ran past the field and into a small forest. It was dark there, but she didn't care. She ran and ran, until she bumped into something or someone. She looked up and it was Shiraha, the white-haired young man from before who had helped her. "Oh hello there, so you're feeling better then?" He asked. Shai nodded, "You are Shiraha yes, I heard that you helped me earlier? Thank you, it must have been a bother..." Shai apologized with a bow. "Nonsense, It was simply my pleasure." He said with a smile. Shai noticed that the young man was wearing dark green earrings and a brown tunic-like covering over white clothes and black sandals, he was carrying a whicker basket.

"So what's the basket for. Are you picking flowers?" Shai asked. Shiraha shook his head, "No quite the opposite actually, I'm here to plant some perrenials, and to scavenge a few mushrooms." He replied. "Would you care to join me?" as asked. Shai nodded and walked with him over to a spot in the forest that had a small man-made field of different flowers. "Wow, it's so beautiful!" Shai noted. "Thank you, I spend a lot of time here when I'm not...taking care of my family." Shiraha said. "I like to put my heart and soul into everything that I do, which is why I think everything turns out to be beautiful around here." He added.

Shiraha and Shai came to the flower circle and knelt down. Shiraha dug into his basket and pulled it out. "Hold out your hand." He said to Shai. "Oh okay." She replied, holding her hand open. Shiraha placed an odd number of small seeds on the palm of her hand. "These seeds are wildflower seeds, they're not supposed to grow here due to the climate and the terrain, however mostly all the flowers you see are wildflowers." Shiraha explained. "Oh wow, they're all so exotic and pretty!" Shai exclaimed. "I brought them here when I moved...they remind me of home." Shiraha said. "Where did you move from?" Shai asked. "I hail from Kusagakure, the hidden Grass village." Shiraha explained. "It was a beautiful and exotic place, Shiraha said. Our home was surrounded by a lush bamboo trail, just a mile or two from where the rebuilt great bridge stands. I loved it...but I had to leave...along with my only family...there were too many painful memories." Shiraha added. "I'm sorry to have brought it up." Shai apologized. "No apologies." Shiraha replied. "Let me show you how to make sure your seed grow wild and free." Shiraha said.

Meanwhile, Miko and Tanzou simoultaneously plopped onto the ground, panting and out of breath. Both had earned scratches and dirt from intense physical workouts.

"That...was-something else!" Miko said. Tanzou simply nodded, as he too was exausted. "Gee, where DID that Shai-Rat run off to?" Miko blurted. "Don't...know...why, you-wanna look for her...?" Tanzou asked. Miko looked up at the sky, it was getting a little late in the afternoon. "Naw, let's just call it a day and get back to the hotel, I wanna sleep some more!" Miko announced. "Good...idea." Tanzou agreed, getting up and leaving the forest with Miko.

Shai stood up and brushed some grass off of herself and exhaled a deep breath, "There!" She announced happily. Shiraha observed her work and smiled. "That was a good job you did with planting those seeds, it only took you one try to get it right." He said. "Thanks, my mom's a real nature nut. Every chance she gets she's always having me try to do something out doors." Shai added. "You don't like to be in nature?" Shiraha inquired.
"No, no. It's not that, it's just...my mom can get a little crazy sometimes that's all." Shai explained. Shiraha lowered his head in thought. "Oh, I see..." He said, thinking. "I'm sorry, I've upset you again haven't I?" Shai panicked. Shiraha looked up with a sudden smile. "No not at all, I was just imagining how wonderful these flowers are going to look once they bloom!" he said. Shai smiled, "Yeah!"

Shiraha stood up and dusted himself off. He bent down and picked up the basket. "Well Shai, I'm really sorry but I must be off. My family needs me right now." He said holding the basket now filled with mushrooms. "Oh okay, well I hope your..." "Brother." Shiraha interrupted. "I hope your brother is okay!" Shai said. "Thank you, yes he will be fine after eating some of these mushrooms." Shiraha said.

Shiraha waved to Shai one last time before turning and exiting the forest, opposite of where Shai stood. She noticed and called out to him, "Shiraha, the town's back this way remember?" Shiraha looked back, "I live in a small cottage past these woods, I'm an outsider to the village." He replied. "Oh! An outsider...?" Shai said to herself.

Shiraha continued walking through the forest, he remembered along time ago when he was a little boy and living in Kusagakure. He ran all the way home to show his mother a pretty purple wildflower he had picked, it was the only one of its kind. ("I remember that day...") Shiraha thought. ("The day my life would change forever...")

A young Shiraha (of six or so) ran up a grassy field grasping a purple flower in his hand. He came to a wooden cottage at the top of the hill. Shiraha opens the door, "Mom I'm home look what I found-" Shiraha's eyes widen and he screams, dropping the purple flower. His mother lies on the floor dead, in a puddle of blood. Tears begin flowing from Shiraha's face, the purple flower gently hits the surface of the floor.

Shiraha approaches his mother, and drops to his knees. "M-mom, MOM!" He screams. A young Kuromeru rushed into the cottage and finds his little brother beside his mother. "Shiraha...MOM!!" He screams.

Later, the two boys stand side-by-side as flames dance before them (they are present at their mother's cremation.) "Those two...they're nothing but trouble." Says an old woman, They're grand-aunt. "Nawina didn't want trouble but that's exactly what she got when she was with that 'drifter!' and she ended up with two troublemakers!" she gossiped to a nearby observer. "Nawina was a kind and gentle woman, and that lousy freeloader was no-good, and left as soon as he could." she added. "He's probably dead by now." The observer noted. "Nawina was in debt, had no money left, and resorted to borrowing money from the local gangs and mobs to help support her children. And look what it brought her, for shame!" she scolded. A young Shiraha sobs as his older brother consoles him, while the flames dance on in the foreground.

Shiraha arrives at the cottage, he looks up at the evening sky and then proceeds to enter the cottage when he hears a stumbling around inside. He enters to find Kuromeru stumbling around in his long-johns looking for something. His shoulder and chest is partially bandaged from the attack.

"Kuromeru, why are you out of bed?" Shiraha asked, shutting the door and placing the basket on the bedside table. "I need my clothes, where are they?" Kuromeru asked gruffly, his voice dry and scratchy. "I hid them." Shiraha admitted. "What!?" Kuromeru snapped. "Why would you do that?" He asked. "Because you're hurt, you need respite." Shiraha said, easily ushering his brother to the bed and pulling the covers over him. "You are wounded, do you want to be killed?" Shiraha asked. "I have jobs you know...I won't get paid...you'll..." Kuromeru stopped when Shiraha coughed, and a little blood spewed. "Shiraha!" Kuromeru panicked. "I'm fine!" Shiraha said, holding up a hand. He reached into his white robe and pulled out a tiny red capsule and swallowed it. "Those pills...they're only just placebos but they nullify the pain for a couple of hours." Shiraha admitted. Kuromeru was silent his eyes shifted and he looked away.

Shiraha approached the bedside table and pulled out a mushroom and showed it to Kuromeru. "What's this?" Kuromeru asked. "Your dinner." Shiraha replied with a smile. "I am not eating that!" Kuromeru protested. "Please, just try the elixir. I walked all over today to get these mushrooms just for you." Shiraha explained. Kuromeru's eyes again looked somber and he looked down, "Okay...I'll try it." He agreed. Shiraha smiled. "That's good. I will get a pot and start boiling the water now." Shiraha announced.

Shiraha grabbed a pot and turned to a sink where he began filling it with water. Kuromeru turned in bed and looked out the window, it began to sprinkle outside. ("Shiraha...don't you know...your life is more important than mine...you shouldn't go out of your way for me.") Kuromeru said to himself.
Chapter end notes: Land of Trees Arc...