TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Mikko Makato, Tanzou Murasaki, Hishegami Otokusa
Chapter #33: "Move it or lose it, the rocky path!"
*Note: Credit goes to the following authors for the following team(s)
-Tengaigakure: Ayane Shuura, Sono Ishikara, and Nikaari Shuuma. Credit goes to Quzor.
-Konohagakure: Ansari Hotaru, Kaori Kasume, and Kyoshi Katsurou. Credit goes to TheWrongVine.
-Iwagakure: Hiroto Yamanouchi, Honoka Yamaguchi, Atsuko Yamaguchi, and Masaru Dazai. Credit goes to SpectacularInsanity

It was definitely sun setting now, it was late in the afternoon and the team of Mikko, Tanzou, and Hishegami only had barely less than four hours to make it back to the Kumogakure border before it was nightfall.
“Do you think we will make it there in time?” Hishegami wondered. “Of course we will, we’ve come this far after all!” Mikko exclaimed. “After all of our trials and tribulations, this will be a cakewalk from here on out.” Tanzou assured. Hishegami smiled, “It’s so nice to have the pure encouragement of one’s friends.” She said with a smile. “The one thing better than that is to win!” Mikko exclaimed. “So then why are we still walking?” Hishegami wondered as she began walking faster, and gradually running. Tanzou and Mikko shared a laugh as they watched their overly-optimistic friend finally take control of this hairy exam. “You coming or what?” Hishegami called from way ahead now. “Hey, how did she get so far ahead of us?” Mikko asked. “Well, it is still a race!” Tanzou explained, as the two darted off in the direction of their friend.

Elsewhere, on the border of the Sawagakure territory, it was raining, and the swamplands had gotten all the more difficult to navigate through.
Izanaki and Konoyaha stood side-to-side as medical ninjas carted off the deceased bodies of their fallen comrades, onto wagons and wheeled them away. “This is Armageddon!” Konoyaha declared. “No, it’s not the end until the fat lady sings!” Izanaki corrected. Konoyaha looked at him sternly, “Is everything a joke to you Izanaki!?” She cried. “Of course not, but someone has to think positively around here!” Izanaki replied. Konoyaha sighed and turned away sharply, her jonin vest was soaked and she had swamp muck all over her boots and fatigues. “Rei and Shimei are both gone…and probably dead, along with Mizaru, possibly our best ninjutsu user!” Konoyaha cried. “This is the low of the low Izanaki; we cannot possibly get any more miserable than this!” Konoyaha exclaimed with a sob. “So what do you want me to do, fall into a slump, and start moping?” Izanaki asked. “I hate the fact that so many of us are dying out there, and for a cause that’s beyond my comprehension!” Izanaki added. “I hate the idea that Rei and Shimei are probably out there being tortured by Sawagakure nins, or possibly dead!” Izanaki said. “But getting depressed isn’t going to help, we’re both vulnerable right now but we have to stick it out, if not for ourselves, then for the civilians who don’t live the shinobi way, and cannot possibly defend themselves against this!” Izanaki declared. Konoyaha sobbed, and wiped her tears away. “A shinobi must not show any emotion while on the battlefield.” Konoyaha recited. Izanaki watched silently as Konoyaha inhaled, and exhaled deeply several times. “Izanaki, how much more of this will we have to witness, will we have to partake?” Konoyaha asked. Izanaki shook his head and looked up to the falling rain, “I don’t know I can only hope that victory is just beyond the horizon.” Izanaki said.

Makki Fuhina, Batsou, and Sanu were all running still at high speeds. Makki led the team through the bumpy portion of the usually smooth strip of rock. “Looks like we’ve got some climbing ahead of us!” Makki declared. “I didn’t bring my rock-climbing boots!” Batsou whined. “Now, now, this is no time for kidding.” Makki said. “We are on the verge of victory here!” Makki added with a grin. “She’s so confident anymore, I really do believe if anyone becomes a chunin it will be her!” Sanu whispered to Batsou. “Hey come on you two!” Makki called from up the rock face. She had already begun climbing the wall. “Right behind you!” Batsou cried as he and Sanu scurried up the face of the wall, trying desperately to keep up with Makki.

Kali Yujihana sat on Jiro’s back as Yuu dragged them along the way by Jiro’s feet. “God I am SO tired!” Kali complained. “Me too boss!” Yuu exclaimed. “Ouch, me three!” Jiro added. “Keep a moving boys, victory is just a sip away!” Kali declared as she applied hot pink rouge to her lips. “Just a sip away.” She repeated. (“Then I WILL become a chunin and make Hishegami snob pay for being so…so…un cool.”) Kali thought. “Faster men, we must reach the gates by nightfall!” Kali cried. “Mush, mush!” She hollered cracking her makeup brush as a whip on Jiro’s backside. “But boss, Yuu’s da one pulling me around!” Jiro whined. “It’s called group motivation.” Kali explained. “Yuu will be motivated by your pain, thus we will reach the gate sooner and become chunin!” Kali added. “Oh that sounds good!” Yuu exclaimed happily. “Yeah, count me in!” Jiro agreed.

Umikira, Satoru, and Fuuko continued their bounding from topside to topside; clearly they were no longer the ones in the lead. Satoru scowled, (“Shit! Why does this always happen whenever we take Umikira along?”) He thought. Fuuko looked back at Umikira, who was, and had been silent the entire time, his eyes showed that he was busy thinking more big thoughts. “He’s already planning our next course of action.” Fuuko observed. “Our next course?” Satoru questioned. “We’re already three teams behind schedule!” Satoru declared. “Well we should at least be ahead of Tanzou’s team.” Fuuko suspected. “Hopefully, if not then we’ll be the laughingstock of the entire exams.” Satoru replied. Satoru glanced back at Umikira for a response, but he said nothing. (“Still nothing, Umikira is seriously bent on destroying this Tanzou guy!”) Satoru thought. “Look on the Brightside; at least we’re way ahead those three idiot clowns!” Fuuko exclaimed. “Oh you mean the brat, fatso, and slim?” Satoru asked. Fuuko smirked and laughed, “Those are the ones!” She replied. “They’re so hopeless!” Satoru added. Satoru and Fuuko shared a long laugh while they bounded. “Damn I really need a cigarette!” Satoru muttered. “I thought you were trying to quit?” Fuuko wondered. “I was…until these damn exams started up!” Satoru replied. “That’s no excuse!” Fuuko replied. “Feh, I’ll try some other time.” Satoru decided.

Mikko, Tanzou, and Hishegami continued their high speed pursuit of victory until they came to a large wall of rock, the same wall Makki Fuhina had climbed over earlier. “Looks like this is where the climbing comes in!” Tanzou observed. “Okay let’s do this thing, and get out of here!” Mikko exclaimed. “Guys, let’s just be careful okay?” Hishegami warned. “What’re you talking about Hishegami, I’m always careful!” Mikko bragged, just before stumbling on a rock and dropping downward fast. Luckily Hishegami and Tanzou were beneath Mikko to catch her and push her back up. “Thanks.” Mikko gasped. Hishegami smiled, “No problem.” Tanzou shook his head, (“Careless as ever.”) He thought. Once the trio had successfully scaled the rock wall they came to a large cave opening at the top of the canyon. “Whoa, what’s this?” Mikko wondered. “Looks like a cavern, maybe a chasm?” Hishegami suspected. “No, it’s not wet enough around here, it’s just a cave.” Tanzou explained. “More like a tunnel!” Mikko echoed from within the cave. “Mikko get out of there, you don’t know if a bear lives in there!” Hishegami yelled. “I doubt it, seeing as how all of the paths from the canyon track led to this particular point, I’d wager that this is the tunnel back to the village border.” Tanzou decreed. Hishegami looked back, she watched as the sun slowly began to set. And then Hishegmi looked forward into the cave, which was pitch black and eerie. “Well…what are we waiting for we need to get there before nightfall right?” Hishegami asked. “So…let’s just run through this thing!” Hishegami exclaimed, closing her eyes and proceeding to charge forward until Tanzou stopped her with an outstretched hand. “Wait!” He cautioned. “While your enthusiasm is great, like you said earlier we need to be careful, especially in a pitch black cave like this.” Tanzou explained. “There’s no telling what lies within the bowels of this cave.” Tanzou added, he Hishegami, and Mikko all stared further into the cave’s eerie darkness, possibly to find some bit of light?
Chapter end notes: Flashback Arc