TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Mikko Makato, Tanzou Murasaki, Hishegami Otokusa
Chapter #30: "The Race begins"
*Note: Credit goes to the following authors for the following team(s)
-Tengaigakure: Ayane Shuura, Sono Ishikara, and Nikaari Shuuma. Credit goes to Quzor.
-Konohagakure: Ansari Hotaru, Kaori Kasume, and Kyoshi Katsurou. Credit goes to TheWrongVine.
-Iwagakure: Hiroto Yamanouchi, Honoka Yamaguchi, Atsuko Yamaguchi, and Masaru Dazai. Credit goes to SpectacularInsanity

It was eleven fifty-two and all of the genin were gathered at the canyon’s opening, just before a grand archway of rock. Ai Asagiri stood before the rock archway, and looked around at all of the genin groups. Their jonin senseis were standing behind the teams to show support, and overall to boost morale.

“Alright then, today is the big day!” Ai declared. “Is everyone here, everyone accounted for?” Ai asked. Ai looked around and counted once more, “Okay, so I have eight teams total, okay you are about to embark on the journey of a lifetime!” Ai declared. “You all will start here at the archway, and race against each other and ultimately time to make it back to the village hidden in the Clouds before night fall.” Ai added. The groups of genin gasped and moaned and groaned at this news. “Night fall, that’s not long from now.” Rikki stated. Ai grinned, “You’re right, it’s only eight hours from now.” Ai said. Lin-Lin raised her hand, “Eh, yes?” Ai asked. “Do you mean we have until the sky starts to darken, or when it’s completely dark outside?” Lin-Lin Asked. Ai sighed, “For the record, let’s just say be back in Kumogakure by seven O’ clock PM.” Ai said. “There, that should help.” Ai added.

Mikko looked back at all of the teams of genin, there was Ansari Hotaru’s team standing behind her, then Pai’s team to her right, Makki Fuhina’s team to the left of Mikko, Lin-Lin’s team in the back, and Kali’s team standing between Umikira’s and Honoka’s teams. Mikko looked at Hishegami and then Tanzou; she felt confident and ready today and that if anything they WOULD come in first place for this race. “Also, as I said this race is ultimately a race against the clock, so the first team to make through the Kumogakure Gates, will win the maximum amount of points I can give for this portion, and will have positive reviews put in for the chunin selection committee.” Ai said. Makki Fuhina smiled confidently and took a deep breath before exhaling. “I am more ready than ever!” Makki declared. Ai looked around at all of the Genin, “All right then all of you line up at the archway!” Ai ordered. The groups of genin all lined up side-by-side, with Mikko’s team standing on the furthest left side of the archway. “When I blow this whistle; that means the race has begun and you are to run as fast as you can back to Kumogakure!” Ai explained. The Genin all showed looks of determination mixed with nervousness on their faces. “On your mark, get set…GO!” Ai shouted before blowing the whistle.

Just as the whistle sounded, several genin blasted off through the archway and into the scenic view. Mikko was one of them, she was running elbow-to-elbow with Makki Fuhina, who was showing that she was not one to be taken lightly. Makki glanced at Mikko, “You’re pretty fast there Makato, you think you’ll win?” Makki wondered. “I’m counting on it!” Mikko replied. “That’s the spirit!” Makki said. Tanzou and Hishegami weren’t far behind Mikko and Makki. The furthest behind group was Kali and her henchmen, Jiro was too exhausted from running five feet to continue, and Kali complained about the rocky terrain messing with her high heels. Ansari, Kaori, and Kyoshi all blasted past Kali and her teammates and off into the distance. “Aw drats!” Kali hissed. “This doesn’t look good boss!” Yuu observed. “Gee, you think?” Kali replied. “I’m hungry!” Jiro groaned. Kali sighed and kicked at the dirt laden ground. “Curse this infernal exam!” Kali cried.

Mikko and Makki split up when they came to a large canyon wall, and the two took different paths. Mikko veered and took the left path, while Makki continued down the right path. Tanzou and Hishegami caught up to Mikko and ran beside her. “This is…sure exhausting!” Hishegami said. “Yeah…it really, takes the wind out of you!” Mikko added. “All we have to do is keep on running ladies!” Tanzou declared. “And then we’re home free!” Tanzou added. Hishegami smiled, (“He called me a lady!”) She thought. “Yeah, we can totally do this!” Mikko said pumped up. “Good, so don’t let the rocky terrain or the dry climate get to you!” Tanzou said. “No way man!” Mikko replied with a cheesy grin and a thumbs up. (“Mikko that idiot, I wish she’s focus on the road while she’s running!”) Hishegami thought.

Umikira, Satoru, and Fuuko, ran at high speeds, and for once they were not the first ones ahead in line. “This stinks, we’re like pretty far behind.” Satoru acknowledged. “I know however there are plenty of others who are far behind us!” Fuuko added. Satoru smirked, “Good, maybe we will be the ones through that gate first!” Satoru exclaimed. Umikira said nothing as usual, but continued running seemingly effortlessly behind his older siblings.

Up on the Cliffside on the canyon, stood Honoka, Atsuko, and Masaru. The three Iwagakure genin watched as several genin ran by down on the road below. “We’ll have to time it perfectly.” Said Atsuko. “I know, I know!” Honoka said. “Crushing him is probably the most effective measure.” Atsuko added. “Well it was MY idea!” Honoka replied. The genin watched as Ansari’s team raced by, then the Iwagakure team approached. “Now!” cried Honoka. The three genin pushed a large boulder off of the Cliffside, causing it to land on the Iwagakure genin below, who were clearly Kagebunshins. “There, with that out of the way we’ll be free to do as we please!” Honoka said. “Let’s go, we’ve got work to do!” Honoka added, and then the trio from Iwagakure disappeared.

Ai Asagiri looked through the archway as dust and wind picked up and passed through at a high speed. Ai coughed hysterically and stepped to the side of the arch to catch her breath. She spoke on her headset, “Iruta, what’s going on out there?” Ai asked. “I don’t know, something fell, a large boulder!” a man’s voice replied. “A boulder, was anyone harmed?” Ai asked. “I don’t know; I’m checking it out now.” Irtuta replied. Ai gritted her teeth and ran through the archway. (“Just as I suspected, those three from Iwagakure ARE in fact making their move!”) Ai thought. “Ai, are you there?” Iruta asked. “Yes, what do you have?” Ai asked. “Well it looks like some genin were caught up in the fall.” Iruta said. Ai caught up to the scene of the boulder, meeting up with Iruta, a young man wearing a blue Kumogakure bandana and a green journeyman vest and garments. “It looks like the Iwagakure trio was smashed by the boulder.” Iruta pointed out. Ai stared down at the remains of the group, blood had leaked out from below the boulder, along with loose garments. (“Well, I suppose that rules them out.”) Ai thought.

Honoka, Atsuko, and Masaru stood up on the Cliffside, watching as Ai and Iruta examined the boulder. Honoka smirked and uttered a low chuckle, “Good.” Honoka said. “Now what do we do?” Atsuko asked. “The trap has been set, and we have been eliminated as any possible threat to the exams, so now we wait.” Honoka replied. “We should get back to the trap.” Masaru mumbled. “That was the first thing you said all day.” Atsuko said. “Aw, finally got up the guts to speak have we?” Honoka asked. “Don’t be such a crybaby, we’ll head back to the trap and wait for a little rabbits to come bouncing by, okay?” Honoka asked. Masaru nodded, and the three of them disappeared.
Chapter end notes: Flashback Arc