TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Mikko Makato, Tanzou Murasaki, Hishegami Otokusa, Sono Ishikara, Ayane Shuura, Nikaari Shuuma, Umikira, Satoru, Fuuko, Ansari Hotaru, Kaorii Kasume, Kyoshi Katsurou, Honoka Yamaguchi, Atsuko Yamaguchi, Masaru Dazai, Lin-Lin, Rikki, Akira, Pai, Hiruko, Li, Kali Yujihana, Yuu, Jiro, Makki Fuhina, Batsou, Sanu, Ai Asagiri, Misame Yu, Mikoto Anzai, Shuun, Tita Ametsuba, Hiroto Yamanouchi, Iruta Udonishi.
Chapter #27: "A desperate plea”
*Note: Credit goes to the following authors for the following team(s)
-Tengaigakure: Ayane Shuura, Sono Ishikara, and Nikaari Shuuma. Credit goes to Quzor.
-Konohagakure: Ansari Hotaru, Kaori Kasume, and Kyoshi Katsurou. Credit goes to TheWrongVine.
-Iwagakure: Hiroto Yamanouchi, Honoka Yamaguchi, Atsuko Yamaguchi, and Masaru Dazai. Credit goes to SpectacularInsanity.

Mikko, Tanzou, Sono, and Hishegami traveled the forested path for what seemed like days, was only merely two hours. “It’s getting increasingly warmer.” Sono noted. “Yes, it’s way too hot to be wearing a fur coat!” Tanzou added, removing his fur coat and tossing it to the ground. Now, his wounds from Umikira the Drowned, were visible. From behind, Hishegami noticed Tanzou’s war wounds, and also noticed Sono’s limp and his battered arms and legs. Perhaps she had not given Sono enough credit for his tribulations? “Hey Sono, you went through a lot and survived it all, you must be relieved to have left with your life.” Hishegami said. Sono nodded, “It’s true that I came close to death, but that is something a shinobi must deal with everyday of his life.” Sono replied. Tanzou looked back at Hishegami with a smile and nodded approvingly. Hishegami, elated that Tanzou was now noticing her again, stepped ahead and bumped Mikko out of the way. “Hey!” Mikko groaned. “So guys, what do you think our next mission will be?” Hishegami asked. “Hopefully not rock climbing.” Tanzou said. “Or anything to do with snow!” Sono added.
(“I don’t believe this; that Hishegami-Rat is all quiet for the last hour or so and now she’s all over the place!”) Mikko thought.

A while later, Mikko, Tanzou, Sono, and Hishegami came to a large lake, surrounded by forest. “We can rest here for a little bit.” Tanzou noted. “Good idea!” Mikko agreed. Sono sat on a stone and peered across the lake, “It appears that it is all forest on the other side of this lake.” Sono noted. “And behind us is the start of a mountain trail.” Sono added. “No way, no more climbing!” Tanzou exclaimed. “Relax, there is another way through a bend in the trees.” Sono replied. “Really? You mean no more climbing?” Mikko asked. Sono nodded, “All we need to do is follow the forested path, it’ll be a little close but the most climbing we will have to do is getting down to the desert lands.” Sono explained. “With the air as humid as it is, I would say that we are fairly close to the desert region already.” Sono added. “So now it’s just a matter of getting through the forest and scaling a rock wall, then we’re out of the woods.” Tanzou said. “So-to-speak, however we would still need to allocate the Namitora, if we ever hope to excel to the next tier.” Sono responded. Tanzou thought for a moment, “That’s true.” Hishegami watched as Sono and Tanzou speculated and calculated their next move. Hishegami stood up on a large stone, popped her finger into her mouth and pulled it out into the air. “What ARE you doing?” Mikko asked, holding her hands on her head. “Just watch!” Hishegami replied, catching the eyes of Tanzou and Sono. “Yup, just as I thought!” Hishegami exclaimed, hopping off the stone. “What is it?” Mikko asked. “Well according to the wind in the air, we must be close to a body of water.” Hishegami stated. “Well duh, we’re right by a freaking lake!” Mikko replied. “No, I mean a larger body, like an ocean!” Hishegami explained. “It makes perfect sense, the time it took to get here from the arctic starting point, to the tundra, to here the desert region.” Hishegami said. “It has to be here, the Namitora must be on the other side of that rock wall!” Hishegami exclaimed.

Mikko, Tanzou, Sono, and Hishegami finished up at the lake and reentered the forested path, making their way around the many bends and curves in the trees to a large wall of rock, which lead down to a shore, visibly showing the Namitora docked down below. “Guys, there it is!” Mikko exclaimed. “Just as you said it would, Hishegami!” Tanzou praised. “It was nothing.” Hishegami replied. “Now, lets scale this rock and get to the boat!” Tanzou exclaimed. “Alright!” Agreed everyone. Mikko scaled down first, followed by Hishegami, then Sono, and lastly Tanzou. They landed on their feet on white rocks and sand of a shoreline. Waves of the ocean swatted the edge of the shore before rolling back into itself. “We’re here, we finally made it!” Hishegami declared happily. “It’s about time!” Mikko exclaimed. Tanzou smiled and cracked his knuckles, “Finally after all of that, now it’s just a simple walk back to the boat.” Tanzou observed.

Mikko, Tanzou, Sono, and Hishegami walked along the peaceful shore, saying nothing but listen to the waves crash down onto the rocks and the seagulls caw as they flew around and occasionally landed on a rock or two. They finally made it to the ship to be greeted by Ai Asagiri herself, and their jonin sensei. Tita and Ai approached the arriving group. “Congratulations, you all arrived just in the nick of time.” Ai said. “Welcome back Mikko, Tanzou, and Hishegami!” Tita said with a smile. “Sono!” cried a girl’s voice. From aboard the ship, Ayane Shuura ran down the steps and onto the shore and threw her arms around Sono. “I was so worried!” Ayane cried. “It’s alright, I’m okay now.” Sono assured her. Nikaari Shuuma also approached Sono, an undeniable look of shame was present on his face. “Guys, what’s wrong?” Sono asked. Ayane looked at Nikaari and back to Sono, she reached into his pocket and retrieved their group’s three colored flags. “Hey, Ayane what gives?” Sono asked. “Sono, I’m so sorry.” Ayane said before turning and approaching Ai Asagiri with the flags in hand. “Asagiri-Sensei, we officially withdraw from the exam.” Ayane said, placing the three flags in the palm of Ai’s hand. “Are you sure, the three of you made it here in good standing.” Ai said. “What!?” Sono cried. Sono staggered, and managed to walk on his limp over to Ai and Ayane. “Ayane, what is all of this?” Sono asked. “Why are you withdrawing?” Sono asked. Ayane shook her head and looked at Sono, “We’re withdrawing Sono…the three of us, we will try again next year and I promise we won’t have to quit.” Ayane explained. “Why what’s the matter!?” Sono asked, he was confused and frustrated, the pain in his leg welled up and stung, causing him to stumbled and fall onto his knees. “Sono, you can barely stand on your own two feet!” Ayane cried. “So what does that mean!?” Sono cried back. Ayane was silent for a moment and looked to Nikaari for confirmation, who merely nodded silently. “The next stage is a foot race.” Ayane explained. “Yeah, so!” Sono replied. “From here to Kumogakure!” Ayane cried. Sono’s eyes widened, he was devastated that his one opportunity to become a chunin was flattened out all because of a last-minute decision to stay and fight with the monster from Kirigakure. Sono grit his teeth and punched the ground. Ayane and Nikaari approached him, both dropping to one knee. “Ishi…” Ayane said softly, stroking Sono’s hair. “We will compete next year, and we will all become chunin then, okay?” Ayane asked. “Yeah, all of us!” Nikaari chimed in. Sono’s eyes welled up, and he balled his fists, swatting at the ground until he stopped and gave up. Sono begrudgingly nodded and signaled for Ayane to “go.” Ayane stood up and returned to Ai, who still clasped Tengaigakure’s flags in her hand. “All three of us agree to withdraw from this exam.” Ayane said to Ai.

Ai returned her attention to Sono and Nikaari, who approached Ayane. “So you’re really quitting eh?” Ai wondered as she looked the three of them over. “Okay, I understand.” Ai added, tilting her head in the direction of the Namitora. “Go on board, and get some help for that leg of yours.” Ai said. With that said, Nikaari and Ayane helped Sono up the steps of the ship. “Tanzou, thank you for your help today!” Sono yelled from the ship. “No problem!” Tanzou yelled back. Ai stuffed the three flags deep into the pocket of her black trench coat. “Well then, it looks like we’ve got seven more teams to wait for.” Ai said with a confident grin. Ai approached Tanzou, “If you’re suffering from any serious injuries I suggest that you make an inquiry with the ship’s medic.” Ai suggested. “Depending on the severity of your injuries, the medic may have you removed from the rest of the exams.” Ai added. “So, if you have anything medical-related to report, say so now.” Ai said. Mikko watched Hishegami, who glanced at Tanzou. Tanzou shook his head when Hishegami looked at him. “Well if you have any injuries or just need some rest, go up and see the medic.” Ai said before returning to the boat. Hishegami sighed and looked at Tanzou, “Your injuries from Umikira, they’re not serious are they?” Hishegami asked. “No, not at all!” Tanzou replied. “See, everything’s okay so why don’t we wait the rest of the time on Namitora?” Mikko asked. “Tanzou…are you lying to me?” Hishegami asked, her eyes looking at the shore. Tanzou was silent for a moment, but then smirked. “I’m fine get it, nothing’s gonna break me down okay?” Tanzou said before stepping past Hishegami and entering the Namitora. Mikko watched as Tanzou entered the ship’s mess hall, Mikko approached Hishegami. “Hey, are you okay?” Mikko asked. Hishegami shook her head, “I don’t know, I thought I was before, but now I’m just so…worried.” Hishegami admitted. Ai leaned against the ship as she watched Mikko and Hishegami talk to each other, Ai’s eyes tightened as she watched and listened intently.
Chapter end notes: Flashback Arc