TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Mikko Makato, Tanzou Murasaki, Hishegami Otokusa, Sono Ishikara, Ayane Shuura, Nikaari Shuuma, Umikira, Satoru, Fuuko, Makki Fuhina, Batsou, Sanu, Ansari Hotaru, Kaori Kasume, Kyoshi Katsurou, Honoka Yamaguchi, Atsuko Yamaguchi, Masaru Dazai, Lin-Lin, Rikki, Akira, Pai, Hiruko, Li.
Chapter #26: "Run past through the Tundra!”
*Note: Credit goes to the following authors for the following team(s)
-Tengaigakure: Ayane Shuura, Sono Ishikara, and Nikaari Shuuma. Credit goes to Quzor.
-Konohagakure: Ansari Hotaru, Kaori Kasume, and Kyoshi Katsurou. Credit goes to TheWrongVine.
-Iwagakure: Hiroto Yamanouchi, Honoka Yamaguchi, Atsuko Yamaguchi, and Masaru Dazai. Credit goes to SpectacularInsanity.

Mikko and Hishegami waited and waited for what seemed like an eternity in the warm melted region of the tundra. “Yes, I’d definitely say that we are near a desert.” Hishegami proclaimed proudly. “Big deal, that just means that it’s gonna be hotter!” Mikko replied. “Don’t be so pessimistic Mikko-Baka, besides once Tanzou gets here we’ll be all set!” Hishegami exclaimed. “If he gets here…” Mikko mumbled. “What was that!?” Hishegami cried. “I said ‘if he gets here’.” Mikko replied. “Of course he’ll be here, Tanzou’s the strongest guy from Kumogakure you know!” Hishegami reminded. “He’s not stronger than the Kiseki Goninshu!” Mikko retorted. “Yeah well…they’re old and have real-time battle experience!” Hishegami defended. “Whatever!” Mikko said with a scoff. “Ooh Mikko-BAKA!” Hishegami yelled at the top of her lungs. Birds flew away into flocks, and snow melted and fell off of the trees in clumps. “You can be so irritating!” Hishegami complained. “Likewise.” Mikko replied. Hishegami bit her lip and groaned and mumbled to herself, before finally kicking at the dirt and sitting herself down, her back to Mikko. Mikko had watched Hishegami with a raised eyebrow, “Weirdo.” muttered Mikko.

Tanzou and Sono walked through the rest of the snowy tundra, they were alone except for the squishy marsh-like tundra that surrounded them entirely. “I wonder how much further before we reach the Namitora?” Tanzou asked. “I would suspect a couple of hours.” Sono replied. “We don’t have that kind of time.” Tanzou said, gritting his teeth. (“Shit, if I knew this was going to happen I would have backed down from Umikira from the start!”) Tanzou thought. “Sono, get on my back!” Tanzou ordered. Sono blinked and shook his head, “What?” “Just do it, we’ll get there way faster if I run while supporting you on my back.” Tanzou explained. “No way, I can walk!” Sono said. “I don’t think so.” Tanzou replied. “You’re barely able to walk normally in your current condition, now get on!” Tanzou ordered. Sono begrudgingly climbed onto Tanzou’s back, and held on as Tanzou backed up and concentrated chakra to his feet. “If the output’s right, then I can burn rubber all the way to the ship!” Tanzou exclaimed. “Please be careful, I don’t wish to fall off.” Sono asked. “Don’t worry, just don’t sway around too much and you will be fine.” Tanzou replied. Tanzou charged up the strip with lightning-fast speed, charging past the marshy snow laden tundra, to a more tree-covered region, a forest. “We’re really moving fast!” Sono exclaimed cheerful. “I know, we’ve past the tundra and are now in some sort of forested region!” Tanzou replied. “At this rate we should reach the ship well within two hours.” Sono said happily. Tanzou continued to run until something gave away, his chakra ran dangerously low, and his leg tripped on a fallen tree branch sending he and Sono flying into a nearby pine tree. “Oomph!” Tanzou and Sono groaned, as they slowly brought themselves to their feet.

Meanwhile the team of Pai, Li, and Hiruko stopped all of a sudden when Pai detected something whip past her. “Did you guys just feel something burst by just now?” Pai asked. “Yeah it was like a strong wind or something.” Li noted. “It’s the arctic region, of course there’s going to be strong winds.” Hiruko replied. Pai shook her head, “I could have sworn I heard something like a voice too!” Pai added. “Now you’re just hallucinating.” Hiruko replied. “Humph. Jerk!” Pai said crossing her arms.

Mikko walked around the warm-climate area that she and Hishegami currently dwelled. “I wonder where Tanzou is?” Mikko asked no one in particular. “He’s probably on his way, right now, to see me of course!” Hishegami replied with a smile. Mikko rolled her eyes and continued to explore the area, “Did you notice that further out to the east is all forest?” Mikko asked Hishegami. “No, but what does it matter?” Hishegami wondered. “Maybe there’s a secret path out that way, a path that’ll lead us to the Namitora quicker.” Mikko said. “Yeah right!” Hishegami laughed. “It could be!” Mikko exclaimed. “In a million years!” Hishegami replied. Mikko sat on the ground and held her face, “So what we’re just supposed to sit here and wait for him?” Mikko asked. “What, were you planning on abandoning him!?” Hishegami accused. “No, but it’s awfully boring around these parts!” Mikko admitted. “You’ve only been here little over than an hour!” Hishegami exclaimed. “Yeah and it was a very boring hour!” Mikko responded back. Hishegami groaned and punched at the dirt. “Fine then, if you want to get back to that boat so much then just leave without us, since it means THAT much to you!” Hishegami blurted. Mikko sat quietly, watching Hishegami from behind, she was clearly upset. Mikko got up and walked over to Hishegami, “Nah, I’ll wait it out with you guys…besides, I’m supposed be supportive of the team leader, right?” Mikko asked with a cheerful smile. “I guess…” Hishegami replied glumly, holding her knees.
Mikko looked away and walked around the area, “Mikko!” she heard a voice cry out in the distance. “Huh?” Mikko wondered. “Hishegami!” the voice cried out again. “Oh stop with the pranks already Mikko!” Hishegami warned. “It’s not me Hishegami, It’s someone else, you think…?” Mikko asked. But before Mikko could finish the sentence, Hishegami was up on her feet and listening to the silence of the forested area. “Do you think its him?” Mikko asked. “Shh!” Hishegami scolded. “I’m listening to the forest!” Hishegami whispered. “Since when did you become such a nature specialist?” Mikko mumbled. “Mikko, Hishegami!” The voice cried in succession. “Are you there?” It cried again. “Yes we’re over here!” Hishegami shouted back, waving her arms in the air. “Tanzou it’s us!” Hishegami cried again, before Mikko covered Hishegami’s mouth with her hand. “What are you doing you don’t know if that’s the REAL Tanzou!” Mikko warned. “Take your filthy hand off my mouth you psycho!” Hishegami cried. “Besides, who in their right mind would go and impersonate Tanzou at a time like this?” Hishegami asked. “I don’t know, spies?” Mikko replied with a shrug. Hishegami groaned and rolled her eyes, “We’re I here in the clearing Tanzou, in the warmer climate, further to the west of you!” Hishegami cried out, cupping her mouth with her hands. There was no response, there was only the thick silence of the dense forested clearing. Hishegami stood sullen, facing the eastern direction of the voice she believed to be Tanzou’s. Mikko stood a foot or so behind her, also watching intently. “Do you think it’s him?” Mikko wondered. Hishegami didn’t reply, she merely looked on, believing that it WAS in fact Tanzou who was out there.

All of a sudden, there was a rustling and some twigs snapped under the pressure of a foot. Hishegami and Mikko turned around to see low pine branches swaying and rustle. Mikko and Hishegami expressed looks of uncertainty and fear, as the rustling and swaying continued. Then finally a hand emerged, and then a foot, then two heads? Mikko and Hishegami screamed when they first saw the two heads peering out at them, then Sono’s arms and legs stepped through, and they realized that it was Tanzou who was helping Sono across the tundra. Hishegami vented a sigh of relief and approached Tanzou, “You’re back, and you’re okay!” Hishegami exclaimed happily. Tanzou stepped through, still supporting Sono. “We had a little trouble getting here in time.” Tanzou replied. “That guy from Kirigakure, he was a monster!” Tanzou added. “But you’re safe and that’s all that matters.” Hishegami said. “Sono here was nearly killed by him.” Tanzou added. Hishegami glanced at Sono Ishikara for a moment, “That’s terrible!” She exclaimed. “So how did your fight turn out Tanzou, I bet you won right?” Hishegami wondered, returning her full attention to Tanzou. Tanzou groaned disgusted and pushed past Hishegami and approached Mikko, “Mikko, we’ve got to reach the Namitora and soon.” Tanzou said. “You don’t have to tell me twice!” Mikko replied. “Sono and I think that there is a path further through those woods that will get us there sooner.” Tanzou explained. “Gee are you sure?” Mikko wondered. “Any idea of Tanzou’s is great Mikko-Baka!” Hishegami replied, Tanzou merely ignored Hishegami’s remarks. Tanzou and Sono turned and proceeded through the forested path, “Are two coming or are you gonna bicker all day?” Tanzou asked over his shoulder. “I’m right behind you!” Mikko called after him. Hishegami stood by herself, watching as the three proceeded onward, she slowly followed behind them. (“Did I say something wrong, did I make Tanzou angry somehow?”) Hishegami wondered.
Chapter end notes: Flashback Arc