TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Mikko Makato, Tanzou Murasaki, Hishegami Otokusa, Umikira, Satoru, Fuuko, Sono Ishikara, Ayane Shuura, Nikaari Shuuma, Ansari Hotaru, Kaori Kasume, Kyoshi Katsurou, Honoka Yamaguchi, Atsuko Yamaguchi, Masaru Dazai, Lin-Lin, Rikki, Akira, Pai, Li, Hiruko, Makki Fuhina, Sanu, Batsou, Kali Yujihana, Yuu, & Jiro.
Chapter #23: "Intense Situation"
*Note: Credit goes to the following authors for the following team(s)
-Tengaigakure: Ayane Shuura, Sono Ishikara, and Nikaari Shuuma. Credit goes to Quzor.
-Konohagakure: Ansari Hotaru, Kaori Kasume, and Kyoshi Katsurou. Credit goes to TheWrongVine.
-Iwagakure: Hiroto Yamanouchi, Honoka Yamaguchi, Atsuko Yamaguchi, and Masaru Dazai. Credit goes to SpectacularInsanity

(Insert "Predicament" by Toshiro Masuda) The genin stanced one another off, all eyes burning with intensity. The most notable being, Umikira, Sono, and Tanzou who all three were deadlocked into a three-way stand-off at the behest of Umikira. Mikko and Hishegami stood by supporting Tanzou, slowly reaching for their kunai knives. Pai eyed the other kunoichi and reached for her shuriken, Lin-Lin mimicked her doing exactly the same. "Lin-Lin, stop copying me!" Pai yelled. "I'm not, I don't even USE shuriken duh!" Lin-Lin yelled back. Fuuko and Satoru stood by, Fuuko readying her fan-blades while Satoru readied his Reikyuu scroll. "This is gonna be good." Satoru said to Fuuko. "More like boring, none of these genin look that special, maybe excpect the Tengaigakure ones." Fuuko replied. Makki Fuhina, one of the Kumogakure genin smirked, holding her kunai knife. "You're going to regret those words, in fact I doubt you'll even become a chunin!" Makki said. "What did you say!?" Fuuko shouted. "Uh-oh here it comes!" Satoru exclaimed with a smile.

Umikira looked around at both Sono Ishikara and Tanzou Murasaki respectively. “So you two, are the strongest ones here huh?” Umikira mumbled. “What-them the STRONGEST!?” Yuu blurted angrilly. Kali covered his mouth quickly, “Yuu, shut-up!” Kali scolded. “We can use this as our chance to get to the ship first!” Kali whispered to Yuu. “Oh yeah!” Yuu replied. “Let’s get going!” Kali ordered. Hishegami watched as Kali and her henchmen slipped away into the backdrop of the scene, disappearing from all eyes. (“Damn it, I can’t let Yujihana get there first!”) Hishegami thought. “This doesn’t look good.” Mikko observed. “Gee, you think?” Hishegami rudely remarked. “This isn’t the time for your sarcasm Hishegami-rat!” Mikko retaliated. Tanzou looked over his shoulder at Mikko and Hishegami, “You two; go on ahead and I’ll catch up later!” Tanzou ordered. “But Tanzou, we can’t win without you!” Hishegami pleaded. “That sounds like an order, right leader?” Mikko asked Tanzou, who smiled and returned his attention to Umikira. “Mikko, Hishegami; go, now!” Tanzou cried. Mikko turned and proceeded to run, but Hishegami hesitated before following Mikko. Fuuko watched with a scowl, “Oh no you don’t!” Fuuko yelled. “Suiton: Ice-Wall!” Fuuko cried, creating a large wall of ice before Mikko and Hishegami. Fuuko approached the wall, “You’re not going anywhere!” Fuuko exclaimed. “In case you haven’t noticed this is a battle we’re fighting.” Fuuko said. “More like a war!” Makki Fuhina replied, jumping in and kicking Fuuko aside. “Katon: Fox-Fire Jutsu!” Makki cried, sending a line of fire spiraling into the wall of ice. “You two, leave now!” Makki commanded. “I will handle her.” Mikko and Hishegami exchanged looks of surprise. “But why?” Hishegami asked, “You’re on a rival team!” She added. Makki smiled, “Yeah but in the end we’re still from Kumogakure, and that means I’d rather have someone from my own village surpass me than the likes of these Mist fiends.” Makki explained. “Besides, that Murasaki kid’s got guts standing off that Umikira guy.” Makki added, looking back at Tanzou. “You’d better get, you don’t want your leader’s sacrifice to be in vain do you?” Makki asked, returning her attention to Mikko and Hishegami, who shook their heads and ran past the now melted ice wall. Fuuko got to her feet, “Damn you!” She cursed, unfolding her fan blade, only to be countered by Makki’s own drawn Kunai.

Ayane and Nikaari stood faithfully by, watching as Sono stared down Umikira. “Your orders sir?” Ayane asked. Sono looked to the wet ground of the tundra. “Leave, now.” Sono replied, looking up at Umikira, who stood deathly silent, but his eyes watched everything. Ayane nodded, “Understood, we shall evacuate now.” Ayane responded, disappearing in a cloud of smoke along with Nikaari. Sono’s worried and somewhat disappointed expression caught the eye of Tanzou. “So what, are we gonna fight or are we just gonna stand here talking all day?” Tanzou asked with a smirk. Umikira grinned, showing his razor sharp teeth.

Lin-Lin, Rikki, and Akira faced-off with Pai, Li, and Hiruko…sort of. “You-you snot-faced jerk!” Lin-Lin shouted at Pai. “Your taijutsu is not as formidable as my own.” Li said to Rikki. “Shut up!” Rikki cried back. “Will all of you just shut up!?” Hiruko shouted. “Look at us, we’re brethren from the same village; Kumogakure.” Hiruko said. “We shouldn’t be fighting like this.” Hiruko added. Pai’s eyes hit the ground, “He’s right.” She admitted. “Yeah…” Li added. “We’re sorry, can you forgive us?” Lin-Lin asked. Hiruko smiled, “Of course.” The six arguing shinobi joined in a group hug. “There, isn’t that better?” Li asked. “It sure is.” Rikki said. “Wait a second, something’s odd!” Lin-Lin noticed. Just then the team of Pai, Li, and Hiruko disappeared in a poof of smoke, revealing logs instead. “SUBSTITUTION!?” Cried Lin-Lin and her team angrily. “Faking a heart-to-heart like that! T-Those JERKS!” Lin-Lin yelled at the top of her lungs.

Meanwhile, Pai, Li, and Hiruko were running at top speeds to get through the tundra and find the Namitora before anyone else did. “That was priceless!” Pai exclaimed with a laugh. “Yeah, I’m surprised I could even keep a straight face.” Hiruko said. “That was a clever move sir!” Li commended Hiruko. “Aw Li, don’t go calling me sir again!” Hiruko groaned. “Yes sir…I mean, yes Hiruko!” Li corrected himself. Pai shook her head and continued running with her teammates.

Kali Yujihana, Yuu, and Jiro were underground, tunneling their way to the ship. “How much longer do you reckon we have until we get to the ship?” Yuu asked. “I dunno, maybe a day or so, give or take a few hours.” Jiro replied. “A DAY!?” Kali and Yuu screamed. “Uh hello Jiro, this may come as a surprise to you but we don’t have a day!” Kali reminded. “I know, but travelin’ under da ground ain’t exactly the best way ta travel under these circumstances.” Jiro replied. Kali and Yuu exchanged annoyed looks. “STOP TRYING TO BE SO SMART!” Kali and Yuu yelled and kicked at Jiro as he tunneled.

Mikko and Hishegami were a mile away from were Tanzou had been left. The two girls were running at their top speed, and were running out of breath. “I hope…Tanzou is…okay!” Hishegami exclaimed. “Don’t…worry…he’ll be…fine.” Mikko panted. “I hope so.” Hishegami replied, looking back. “Keep your eyes forward Otokusa, we’ve gotta focus on the goal!” Mikko declared. Hishegami returned her attention to the tundra path, “You’re right.” Hishegami agreed. (“Tanzou, come back alive okay.”) Hishegami thought.

The deadlock between Tanzou, Umikira, and Sono was intense as it was, and things were just heating up. “So like I said; less bark and more bite!” Tanzou cried as he charged at Umikira, swinging at him with both fists, and landing a punch at his head. (“I did it!”) Tanzou thought. (“My first attack was successful!”) Tanzou added. But something was wrong; Tanzou’s fist grew increasingly colder. Tanzou looked down and realized that it was not actually Umikira whom he had struck, but rather a snow clone of him. The real Umikira stood behind Tanzou. “That’s what I call my Yukibunshin.” Umikira said. “The snow becomes colder and colder until it freezes, ultimately turning into ice.” Umikira added. “Since you made the first move I will make mine.” Umikira said. “Ice-Fist!” Umikira shouted as he struck Tanzou in the back with a fist as hard and cold as solid ice. Tanzou gasped from the blow, and winced from the pain that spread from his back to all over his body. “I’m sure that technique knocked the wind out of you.” Umikira noted. “And since your arm’s frozen stuck I will leave you there for now.” Umikira added. Sono watched, “Why so chatty all of a sudden, I thought you were the silent type?” Sono asked. “I only speak when I feel it’s necessary.” Umikira replied. “Well then, how about this?” Sono asked charging at Umikira, and landing a kick to his knees and readying for a devastating chop. (“This is it, my taijutsu has to work!”) Sono thought. (“Since there’s no trees around I will have to use all of the ninjutsu I know combined with my taijutsu!”) Sono added. Just as Sono’s hand came down for the chop, Umikira grabbed it at lightning speeds, and held it firmly in midair. “You really shouldn’t underestimate me.” Umikira said. Sono stood with his arm raised above him in midair, it was slowly freezing. He could feel the stinging sensation of frost bite taking over. Sono winced, gritted his teeth, and did everything he could do to withstand the pain, but it was no good. Sono let out a scream, which sent nearby birds that were bathing in the puddles of the dry portion of the tundra, to flying away in flocks. Umikira uttered a low chuckle. “You are in no position to play hero.” Umikira said, literally stepping out from a frozen shell of himself and standing beside Sono. Sono’s eyes widened with shock. (“H-how did he do that?”) Sono asked himself. He frozen shell of Umikira stood complacent, holding Sono’s arm high above his head in midair. Tanzou recoiled in horror as he watched Umikira have his way with Ishikara. “Now I’m going to put you out of your misery, Tengaigakure will no longer be renowned for its superior spy shinobi.” Umikira said. “But it will be known as a final resting place for its sad fools!” Umikira added, as he began striking Sono Ishikara all over. “Blizzard-Fist!” Umikira cried, and then “Ice-Pummeling Combination!” multiple fists of ice rose out and struck Sono at the same time, hitting his face, his chest, and his stomach. “When I’m through with you there will be nothing left!” Umikira exclaimed. Tanzou rapidly tried breaking free of the snow clone, but his hand had frozen inside of it. “Damn it, damn it, damn it!” Tanzou cursed. “I’ve gotta get out of this, and fast!” Tanzou added.
Chapter end notes: Flashback Arc...