TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Mikko Makato, Tanzou Orohime, Hishegami Otokusa, Izanaki, Shuun, Rokudaime, Unayari, Shogaru, Satoru, Umikira, Fuuko, Mizaru, Taki
Chapter #16: “100 Crimson Blazes: the Jutsu gets complicated!”

Hishegami battled it out with her kage-bunshin in the Sikan Forest alongside Tanzou who was creating and dispatching his own clones at a quick pace.

(“What’s the problem, I can’t seem to make it disappear!”) Hishegami thought. “Should we call it a day?” her shadow clone asked. “No, just give me…a moment!” Hishegami replied. “As you wish.” The shadow clone said. Hishegami wondered why she struggled so much at dispatching her own clones, when she easily destroyed Kali’s. Then it hit her, she recalled the fight between her and Kali Yujihana:

"If you think..." Kali started. "Shut up!" Another Hishegami said, spinning kicking Kali in the gut while the real Hishegami used a water justu on Kali sending her down.
Kali hit the ground hard and squirmed before vanishing. "Figured as much!" Hishegami said.
(“That’s it!”) Hishegami thought. She charged toward the kage-bunshin, unleashed two kunai and tossed them at her, both of which it blocked. Hishegami ran up and swept the clone’s legs from underneath her, “Water-style: Water Spout jutsu!” she cried, blasting the clone back into a tree, causing it to disappear.
“Whoa, that was pretty impressive!” Tanzou said, approaching Hishegami. “Thanks, I used the same technique before on that Kali clone, however I can’t rely solely on shadow-clones when it comes to offensive maneuvers.” Hishegami explained. Hishegami got to her feet and faced Tanzou, “So, how did you fare?” she asked with a smile. “Well, I KO’ed fifty of my bunshins!” he proclaimed. “How about you?” he asked. “Me? Not so good…” Hishegami replied with a frown.

The next day Mikko woke up, showered, changed, ate breakfast and opened her front door to find a letter sticking out. “What’s this?” she wondered. She opened and read it: “Mikko, meet me up at the ceremonial cloud skyway this afternoon for your jutsu training – Izanaki.” Mikko closed her front door and proceeded up the street. “A new meeting spot for once, instead of the noodle parlor!” Mikko said.

Shuun sat at his desk in the classroom, reviewing security footage and shinobi info cards. There was a knock at his door. “Come in!” he replied. Izanaki stepped through. Shuun looked up, “Oh, one of the kiseki-goninshu, to whom do I owe the honor?” Shuun asked. “Spare me the flattery.” Izanaki replied. “I came to have a little chit-chat with you about some of your students.” Izanaki explained. “Oh?” Shuun asked. “Yeah, and by the look on your face I’d wager you know exactly which three I am referring to.” Izanaki added. Shuun smirked, “I see, so you’re concerned about…whom exactly?” Shuun asked. “Cut the bullshit, you know ‘whom’ I am talking about; Makato Mikko.” Izanaki answered. Shuun fake gasped, “Thee Mikko Makato, why I’d never dream of…” Izanaki took a hold of Shuun by his collar. “For someone who supposedly ‘knows’ the kiseki-goninshu you aren’t cooperating with me very well.” Izanaki said. Shuun’s smirk transformed into a frown and he became silent. “Listen up, I want you and your goons to stay far away from Mikko while she trains.” Izanaki demanded. “Why the special treatment, is she your heir or something?” Shuun questioned. Izanaki let go of Shuun’s collar and grinned. “Think about it, does the name ‘Makato’ ring a bell?” he asked. “Ten years ago, two of Kumogakure’s finest!” Izanaki added. Shuun’s smirk disintegrated and his eyes widened. “Those Makatos?” he asked. Izanaki nodded. “Messing with Mikko right now isn’t such a great idea, namely for her sake but yours’ as well.” Izanaki said. “If you mess with her again, you will have me to answer to, and you will have to find out why I am a part of the kiseki-goninshu.” Izanaki said before exiting the class. Shuun slumped into his chair, shocked.

Mikko ascended the stone steps to the great Cloud Skyway. The skyway was an ancient ground used for ceremonies, usually involving the induction of a newly appointed Raikage, but in recent years it has been used from graduation procedures to training grounds.
As Mikko climbed up the final flight of steps she could see the top, the clouds and the blue sky were prevalent this afternoon. She reached the last step and stepped onto the stone skyway, a circular range decorated with stone carvings and pillars, each one unique with a different residing Raikage of that era, the last and most current being the sixth. Mikko looked around and observed the pillars up close and got a good feel for the area. “So you finally made it!” Izanaki said from behind. Mikko looked back and saw him standing at the skyway entrance. “I don’t think you’ve ever been here Mikko.” Izanaki guessed. “I think you’re right.” Mikko replied. “I just want you to know that today’s training is going to be unlike any you have received thus far.” Izanaki explained. “Okay, bring it on already.” Mikko said with a confident smile. Izanaki laughed and shook his head. “That’s what I like about you kid, you’re always so confident.” Izanaki pointed out. “But today, that confidence just may dwindle.” He added. Mikko looked at him, serious. “Mikko, I taught you the beginning step to the ‘Kurenai-kaen’ (Crimson Blaze) because I believe you are ready to advance to the next level, regardless of your age and your rank.” Izanaki said. “However, this jutsu is still a ‘work-in-progress’.” Izanaki added. “What do you mean?” Mikko asked. “I mean that nobody has ever really mastered the whole of this technique.” Izanaki replied. “My sensei, and his before him, all used this technique. It’s never really been ‘completed’ I guess is what I am trying to say.” Izanaki said. “It’s never been completed?” Mikko reiterated. “It has been modified and experimented with numerous times and nobody has ever really discovered that last tier of this jutsu.” Izanaki explained. “Hopefully sometime one of us can master it fully, and understand it’s function.” Izanaki said. “You mean to say that even you don’t understand the Crimson Blaze?” Mikko asked. “Kid, I have got to admit that even I haven’t stumbled upon the answer to this mystery yet, and I’ve stumbled upon a lot of things in my time.” He added.

Mikko looked away from Izanaki and allowed her eyes to focus on the drifting clouds and the sunlight. “So are we gonna try this or are we just gonna stand her talking all day?” Mikko asked. Izanaki smiled, “Alright kid, I think you’re ready.” Izanaki said. “Like I said before, today’s training isn’t going to be easy so if you want out you may as well back out now.” Izanaki added. “Come on already!” Mikko groaned. “Okay, for today’s training, you will need to form a basic connection with your new jutsu, and in order to pull it off properly in the battles to come you’ll need to know how to handle it better.” Izanaki explained. “Okay!” Mikko responded excited. “I want you, to perform one-hundred crimson blazes on that ceremonial stone slab over there!” Izanaki said, pointing to a large slab of rock of monolithic size. “WHAT!?” Mikko freaked. “What, you scared?” Izanaki teased. “No, but…(damn!)” Mikko replied. “But what?” Mikko bit her lip and closed her eyes. “Nothing, I just need to get my hands ready is all.” Mikko said. “Good, I’ll be here to watch your progress.” Izanaki said. “So what do I do once I’ve reached one-hundred?” Mikko asked. “Don’t you mean ‘if’ you reach one-hundred?” Izanaki corrected. “No!” Mikko snapped. “This isn’t exactly your basic jutsu kid.” Izanaki said. “While it may be easy to pull off as it requires no pesky hand-signs to memorize, its also very straining.” Izanaki explained. “The most experienced shinobi have difficulty reaching even up to twenty Kurenai-Kaens.” Izanaki added. Mikko scoffed and flexed her wrist, “Not me!” she said. “Just bring it on already!” she said.

Hishegami sat under a tree reading a book on advanced medical jutsu, while Tanzou shadowboxed at a nearby fence. Mikko lowered her book to watch Tanzou for a moment, in her mind she thought he was capable of awesomeness. In her mind she felt like it was right to have him all to herself. But, in her mind she knew she had never bothered to insinuate anything between he and herself. He practiced hard under the intense sunlight, shirtless and unrestrained. Tanzou did not wear his headband, so his mahogany hair was freely flowing with his movements. Pai crept behind the tree where Hishegami sat, she watched Hishegami as she watched Tanzou. “So is this your idea of studying or are you just taking a break?” Pai asked. Hishegami jumped and dropped the book. Hishegami’s face was beet red. “I was merely checking to see if he was shadowboxing correctly.” She insisted. “Right.” Pai replied sarcastically. “Look, it’s obvious okay.” She added. “What, what’s obvious?” Hishegami asked, her face even redder. “Me, Lin-Lin, Rikki, everyone knows it, so…why haven’t you done anything?” Pai asked. Hishegami frowned and slumped her shoulders. “I haven’t done anything because I don’t know what you’re talking about!” she replied, sitting back down and opening the book. Pai giggled and sat beside her. She ran purple fingernails through pink lochs of short, neck-length hair and batted her eyelashes. “Well, then maybe you aren’t interested in him after all.” She said. Hishegami froze and looked up from the book. “Maybe I could ask him out, I definitely know I’d have a shot with him.” Pai admitted. “Oh gee Pai, I didn’t realize you were the dating type.” Hishegami said. “I may be dry-witted at times, but that doesn’t mean I’m a prude or anything.” Pai explained, watching Tanzou jumpkick and throw a quick left punch to his shadow. “He’s very good.” Pai noted. “Yeah…” Hishegami said, just watching as Tanzou threw punches and kicks at his shadow.

Fuuko, Satoru, and Umikira explored the city. The Mist Trio walked side-by-side, with the silent Umikira in the middle. “This place is huge! I didn’t imagine Kumogakure would look like this!” Satoru exclaimed. “Taki said that over the past twenty-five years, serious renovations were made to the village hidden in the clouds.” Fuuko explained. “Oh?” Satoru replied. “After a war had broken out over some thirty years ago, crisis swept through the village.” Fuuko added. “The then ‘raikage’ declared a restoration plan in order to ‘preserve’ the prosperity and future of the Village hidden in the Clouds.” Fuuko explained. “Really, so this wasn’t always just a big bustling city?” Satoru asked. “It may not have always been as busy, or as advanced as it is now, but it still had its fair share of people.” Fuuko added. Satoru shook his head, “Man, this place really puts Kirigakure to shame.” Satoru admitted. “It may be bigger, but bigger isn’t always better.” Fuuko replied.
Satoru and Fuuko walked down the street until they realized that Umikira had stopped walking with them. The two looked back to see him just standing on the sidewalk, looking straight into an alley. “What do you think he’s doing?” Fuuko asked. Satoru sighed. “Who knows, dumb kid he’s so damn weird!” Satoru complained. Fuuko and Satoru approached Umikira and stood at either of his sides. “What are you looking at there little bro?” Satoru asked. Umikira said nothing, but only stood deathly silent with his arms folded across his chest, watching something or someone that was straight ahead of him at the end of the alley. “Man, I just don’t get him at all!” Satoru complained to Fuuko. “Be careful Satoru, he may be a mute but he is not deaf!” Fuuko warned. “Bah!” Satoru replied. Umikira slowly took one step forward and then another, into the alley. Satoru and Fuuko exchanged worried looks. “Why don’t you come back with us, so we can explore the rest of the city?” Satoru asked, placing his hand on Umikira’s shoulder. Umikira stopped and slowly turned his head to his left, glaring an icy cold stare to his elder sibling through his peripheral vision. Satoru quickly released his hand from his shoulder. “You want to check out the alley?” he asked. “That’s cool!” Satoru agreed nervously. Umikira was already five feet ahead of them when Satoru and Fuuko decided to follow along.

“What about that Makato girl?” Pai asked Hishegami. Hishegami frowned, “What about her?” she replied. “Well, she IS your team mate.” Pai said. “Thanks for reminding me, now the nightmares can resume.” Hishegami replied. “Well is she as strong as an ox like they say?” Pai asked. Hishegami scoffed, “Yeah and nearly almost as smart.” Hishegami said. Pai and Hishegami shared a laugh together, and gradually stopped when they noticed Tanzou was no longer shadowboxing.
“What’s he doing he’s just standing there?” Pai observed. “I don’t know!” Hishegami exclaimed, getting to her feet. Tanzou stood away from the fence and closer to the opening that led back into the alley from the field. “What do you think it is?” Pai asked. “How should I know?” Hishegami replied. “Well, go and find out!” Pai said, giving her a push.
Hishegami slowly approached Tanzou, with Pai following behind. When Hishegami was standing directly behind Tanzou, she could vaguely see who it was he was staring at. It was within the alley, another boy, a pale-skinned sullen looking boy with blond hair and aquamarine eyes. The boy dressed in all black and folded his arms across his chest. Behind him stood another boy dressed in a black leather jacket with fur tipped on the mantle, and wore his face painted like a skeleton. And there was a girl, with strawberry blond hair and blue eyes, she wore a blue costume with black mesh legging and wristbands. The only one to wear a headband was the quiet pale boy in the middle, and he wore a blue Kirigakure headband around his waist like a belt.
(“Who the hell are they?”) Hishegami thought. “Say, they must be those new exchange students.” Pai whispered to Hishegami. “Oh yeah, I forgot about the exchange program.” Hishegami replied.
Hishegami stepped beside Tanzou, “Hi, I’m Hishegami and welcome to Kumogakure.” She announced happily. Tanzou’s eyes widened from surprise that Hishegami would act so out of character, “It really is a pleasure having you all here.” She added. The one with the skeleton face stared her down and scoffed. The only female in the group placed her hands on her hips and shook her head, “Who the hell are you, the welcome wagon?” Fuuko asked. Satoru, the skull painted one laughed. “Yeah, right Fuuko!” he said. “Shut up!” scolded Umikira, to Satoru and Fuuko’s surprise. “We must treat them with respect.” He added in a soft-yet stern voice. “Umikira?” Satoru asked, shocked that his little brother could even speak. “I thought you were a…” Fuuko replied. Umikira tilted his head toward Fuuko, “Enough, let’s go.” He said. The Mist trio turned and disappeared into the alley, leaving Tanzou standing beside himself, wondering who in the hell was Umikira anyway.
(“Who was that guy, he was freaky for sure!”) Tanzou thought. “Well how rude!” Hishegami complained. “Well they seemed, interesting.” Pai noted. “I certainly hope they don’t act with such disrespect at the exams!” Hishegami added. Tanzou looked back at Hishegami and shook his head. “Hey Tanzou, what’s up?” Hishegami asked. “That guy just now, he seemed really…strange.” Tanzou said. “You hit the nail on the head.” Pai said. Hishegami watched Tanzou as he returned his attention to the alleyway.

Mikko had only performed three “Crimson Blazes” under the supervision of her sensei, Izanaki. She still had a long way to go before her training for the day was completed. Izanaki sat on the ground with his legs crossed, “You’ve still got ninety-seven to go kid!” he reminded. “I know, I’m just warming up!” Mikko replied. She looked at her hand and at the ceremonial slab, she hadn’t so much as blackened it, and her fist already felt like it was on fire. “Okay, ninety-seven more to go!” Mikko said before flexing her wrist and starting up the jutsu in the palm of her right hand. “Kurenai-kaen!” she cried as her hand burned a bright shade of red. Izanaki watched closely as Mikko quickly struck-out and hit the surface of the slab with her engulfed hand. “Very good,” he announced. “Now only ninety-six more!” Izanaki added. Mikko turned away from her sensei and sighed, wiping sweat from her forehead. (“This jutsu is something else.”) Mikko thought. (“I’m getting the workout of my life!”) Mikko added.

In the chambers of the Raikage, gathered the Rokudaime (sixth Raikage) and his advisors; Unayari Tonbei and Shogaru Yukamitsu. The Rokudaime was in his mid fifties and dressed in the traditional kage attire, consisting of a white robe and hat colored to correspond with the unique county’s kage, yellow for Kumogakure’s raikage. He had a gray beard and bushy gray eyebrows and crow’s feet leading from the edges of his almond-shaped eyelids outward.
The Rokudaime sat at his throne reading a document before his two trustworthy advisors. “Lord Raikage, we were notified immediately by our allying countries that this matter is escalating at a dramatic rate.” Said Unayari; a woman in her mid fifties who wore a yellow kimono with thunderbird patterns, and wore her graying brown hair up in a bun. “I’m afraid that there is more news lord Raikage.” Said Shogaru, also a man in his mid-fifties with long gray hair he wore in a high ponytail and wore a red kimono. “Our shinobi are suffering casualties and serious injuries left and right.” Shogaru explained. Rokudaime lowered the document and took off his hat, wiping sweat from his head. “This is most unfortunate.” Said Rokudaime. “This year’s batch of examinees, were quite excited about participating in the Chunin Exams.” Unayari and Shogaru nodded. “However, since this is a dire time with no signs of stopping, we will have to do whatever is in the best interest of our village.” Rokudaime said. “Should we dispatch an officer to notify the board?” Shogaru asked. “No, as kage I must stand up for my people and assure them a bright future is around the corner.” He said getting to his feet and walking past his advisors. On the way out the doors, Rokudaime looked back and spoke to his advisors, “Be sure that my sons receive their training with Jinroku today.” Rokudaime said before leaving.

Mikko’s fist hurt, and was pulsating from the pain. In three hours she had managed to perform twenty-three Crimson Blazes, however the ceremonial slab had yet to blacken. Mikko turned and approached her sensei. She knelt before Izanaki, panting and out of breath from the intense training procedure. “You’re not throwing in the towel are you, you’ve only got seventy-seven left.” Izanaki announced. “You should be proud of yourself, no pupil of mine has ever managed to perform THAT many Kurenai-Kaen’s in just one day.” Izanaki added. Mikko looked up, “Really?” she panted. “Yup, you’re showing real potential there Mikko, however it seems that you are having difficulty staying focused on the task at hand.” Izanaki observed. “What do you mean?” Mikko asked with a pant. “Well maybe I’m just over-analyzing this, but it seems as though you’re somewhere else whenever you attempt to use this jutsu.” Izanaki explained. “It’s REALLY hard!” Mikko replied. “Yeah, and it’s going to get REALLY harder from here on out.” Izanaki added. Mikko looked down, breathing a little easier. “So…is there something on your mind?” Izanaki asked. Mikko shook her head, “No, I just want to master this jutsu is all!” She proudly announced, getting back to her feet and approaching the ceremonial slab. Izanaki smiled and stroked his chin. (“Well I’ll be, she’s not giving up.!”) He thought. (“She may have what it takes to master this jutsu after all!”) He added. Mikko closed her eyes and braced herself, trying not to focus on the slab’s near-perfect condition. “Come on, only seventy-seven left, let’s go you big baby!” Mikko taunted herself. Izanaki was caught-off guard by Mikko’s sudden burst of determination. “And I thought I was tough.” Izanaki said with a grin. Mikko began warming up and within seconds had the fire in her hand was using Crimson-Blaze after Crimson-Blaze on the ceremonial slab. (“She really is something else.”) Izanaki thought.

Izanaki remembered being in a training session with his two other team mates; Konoyaha, and Mizaru, being trained by his sensei, Jinroku. “Listen up! If you can break this slab, then you will be ready for the next level.” Said Jinroku. A young Konoyaha focused and gathered herself for minute, gathering a pink aura around herself before lashing onto the slab with a fierce spinning, sumo stomp/kick onto it, breaking the slab in half. “Very good Konoyaha!” Jinroku applauded. Next, a young Mizaru stepped up before another ceremonial slab, and wasted no time in releasing blue chakra/energy around himself and unleashing a quick and devastating chop to the slab, breaking it in two. “Another excellent move, by Mizaru.” Jinroku said. “You’re up next Izanaki!” Jinroku announced. A young Izanaki approached a new ceremonial slab and sighed before extending his right hand, flexing his wrist several times and opening and closing his hand. “Here it goes!” Izanaki cried as he unleashed his Kurenai-Kaen upon the slab. A bright fiery blaze brushed the surface of the slab and scorched it black. However, the slab itself remained whole. Konoyaha and Mizaru stood beside Jinroku, with smirks on their faces. Jinroku watched a frustrated Izanaki go at it time and time again. “Oh come on!” Izanaki groaned, lashing out with another Kurenai-Kaen.
It was getting later and the sun was setting, Mizaru and Konoyaha had left for the evening. Jinroku stood a few feet behind Izanaki, watching him concernedly. “Come on god-damn it, break!” Izanaki yelled, belting out another Kurenai-Kaen, his forty-seventh one.
Izanaki stepped away from the slab, gripping his hurt hand in the palm of the other. His eyes were welling up with tears. (“Mizaru and Konoyaha did it with such ease, so why can’t I?”) Izanaki thought. Jinroku approached him and placed his hand on Izanaki’s shoulder, “You’ve done enough for the day.” Jinroku said. Izanaki shook his head. “The slab’s still not busted!” he cried. Izanaki approached the slab again and began belting out Kurenai-Kaen’s left and right. “Forty-eight! Forty-nine!” He said in succession. “Come on you big crybaby, you only have fifty more left!” Izanaki yelled at himself. Jinroku was taken back by Izanaki’s fierce determination. A smile appeared on Jinroku’s face; he turned and sat on one of the broken slabs of ceremonial stone, watching his apprentice.

When Izanaki opened his eyes, he saw that same fierce determination in Mikko, as she continued to pummel the ceremonial slab with Crimson-Blaze after Crimson-Blaze. (“She’s not kidding around anymore, she wants to make an impact.”) Izanaki thought. “Eighty-nine!” Mikko called out after striking the slab, not noticing that the surface had since blackened.

Izanaki remembered another time in his past where he, Mizaru, and Konoyaha awaited their sensei Jinroku to arrive.
“Maybe it’s not you but rather your choice of Jutsu.” Mizaru explained to Izanaki. “What are you saying?” Izanaki asked. “He’s saying what we’re all thinking, your ‘kurenai-kaen’ doesn’t drive enough force behind it to crack open a slab!” Konoyaha exclaimed. “That’s bull!” Izanaki replied. “Whatever, think what you want!” Konoyaha said. “Perhaps that jutsu just isn’t for you, Izanaki.” Mizaru said. “No, you’re both wrong!” Izanaki said as he ran away from them over to the ceremonial slab and began hitting it over and over with kurenai-kaens. “He just doesn’t get it.” Konoyaha said.
Later it had begun to rain, Izanaki stood drenched in it and still attempted to break the slab. “Izanaki, come back it’s raining too hard!” Jinroku pleaded. “No way, not until I’ve busted this slab wide open!” Izanaki replied. Jinroku approached him and grabbed Izanaki’s arm before he could attempt another Kurenai-Kaen, “And just how many more of these were you planning on performing?” Jinroku asked. “Just three more and I’d be at one-hundred!” Izanaki announced. Jinroku’s eyes widened and he loosened the grip on Izanaki’s wrist, gradually letting it go. Izanaki returned to the slab, “Kurenai-Kaen!” He cried, striking the slab once. Jinroku watched as Izanaki struck the slab once more, and then recoiled as he felt the pain of his training.
Izanaki held his wrist and winced. Izanaki watched as the rainfall pounded the slab, he gritted his teeth and became that more determined. Izanaki powered up his right hand, and took the time to flex his arm muscles. He charged and struck the slab at full force! “KURENAI-KAEN!” He cried bringing down the full weight of his body plus the jutsu on and into the ceremonial slab, cutting in two. “I did it, I DID IT!” Izanaki yelled, not noticing that his hand was bloody. Jinroku smiled and approached Izanaki. Jinroku knelt before him and took his bloodied hand, “That was by far the best display of jutsu mastery I have seen so far.” Jinroku said. “What do you mean? Mizaru and Konoyaha were much better at it than I was!” Izanaki reminded. Jinroku laughed, “Maybe for the moment, however your determination is what brought you here, it is what broke this slab but could not break you.” Jinroku said. “Even the heaviest, sturdiest of things will eventually break-down and collapse over time.” Jinroku explained. Izanaki smiled, “And I finally broke it, using my special jutsu too!” Izanaki declared. “Yes, and I bet your hand hurts pretty badly right now doesn’t it?” Jinroku asked. Izanaki was so caught up in his victory over the ceremonial slab that he hadn’t even realized the damage that was done to his own hand. He looked his hand over, realizing that it was quite bloodied and possibly broken. Jinroku laughed and patted him on the back, “Your hand may be broken kiddo, but your spirit sure as hell isn’t!” Jinroku announced happily.

Izanaki smiled as he remembered his precious victory over the ceremonial slab that day, and the faith his sensei had placed in him. He watched a tired and weakened Mikko pant and strain to keep her hands together over the slab. It was Izanaki’s cue. Izanaki stood up and approached her, and took her by the wrist before she could perform another Crimson-Blaze. “That’s all for the day Mikko, you’ve done enough.” Izanaki said. “No way, just one more and I’ll have one-hundred and one!” Mikko declared, tiredly but with a gleam in her eye. Izanaki was shocked by this news, so much so that he let go of her arm allowing her to put her hands together to perform another Crimson-Blaze. “CRIMSON-BLAZE!” Mikko cried, coming down on the slab at full-force, cracking it open. Izanaki watched stunned, and in awe that this girl could beat his personal record of one-hundred crimson blazes, and in a day alone.
Mikko approached her sensei, tired and sore. “I did it!” She announced. “I pulled off one-hundred Crimson Blazes, plus one!” Mikko added. Izanaki laughed. “Good for you kid, I gotta say that I’m impressed.” Izanaki replied. “But did you know that I wasn’t aiming for you to actually ‘break’ the slab?” Izanaki asked. “I don’t know, I just wanted to break it, charr it, do something.” Mikko said. “It was bugging me.” She added. “So that’s what was on your mind.” Izanaki concluded. “Say, if you weren’t actually wanting me to break the slab then what DID you want me to do?” Mikko asked. Izanaki stopped and looked up to the sky. “Kid, you should already have the answer by now…I wanted you to keep trying, even if it meant breaking a bone or two.” Izanaki replied. “With that, your control over this jutsu should be far more superior as to when I originally introduced it to you.” Izanaki explained. “Go on and show me how to begin the ‘Kurenai-Kaen’.” Izanaki said. “Okay.” Mikko replied, stretching out her arm and flexing her hand. “Ouch!” She cried whenever she opened or closed her hand. “It hurts too much!” she admitted. Izanaki smiled, “Well at least you ‘know’ how to use it.” Izanaki said. “I think you’ve reached your limit for the day, we’ll swing by the nurse’s office before calling it a day.” Izanaki announced.

Mikko sat on a gurney while a nurse examined her right hand. “Well there doesn’t seem to be any signs of fractures, however there is an awful lot of bruising.” The nurse examined. “I see, so will she be okay to participate in the exams?” Izanaki asked. The nurse looked at him and smiled, “I think as long as she gives it a few days of R and R she should be fine.” The nurse said before leaving the room. (“Incredible!”) Izanaki thought. (“Mikko performed the exact same jutsu, the exact same way I had without suffering ANY broken bones.”) He added. (“That’s it! It must be the Makato bloodline!”) Izanaki concluded. Izanaki smiled and approached Mikko, “Well that’s a wrap for now.” He announced. “So we’ll meet again tomorrow right, same as always?” Mikko asked. Izanaki frowned and shook his head. “Unfortunately no, I won’t be here.” He replied. “You won’t be here, why?” Mikko asked. “It’s this crazy war! It’s been going on for about five years now!” Izanaki exclaimed. “The Kiseki-Goninshu and I will be heading out first thing tomorrow to help defend our allies.” Izanaki explained. Mikko shook her head. “This sucks!” she cursed. “I can’t finish my training without you!” she added. Izanaki laughed, “Sure you can; in fact I’ll teach you one last jutsu before I have to go tomorrow.” Izanaki declared. “Really?” Mikko wondered. Izanaki nodded. Mikko hopped off the gurney and proceeded through the exit then turned and hugged Izanaki. He was caught off guard by this move. “Thanks…you know, for teaching me stuff.” Mikko said. “Sure kid.” Izanaki replied. “Tomorrow, right?” Mikko asked. “Meet me at the noodle parlor.” Izanaki added. Mikko nodded before leaving the nurse’s office. Izanaki folded his arms and shook his head, (“It’s because of these wars that she could never be around her family.”) Izanaki thought.