TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Mikko Makato, Hishegami Otokusa, Tanzou Orohime, Kali, Yuu, Jiro, Li, Pai, Akira, Rikki, Lin-Lin, Hiruko, Shin, Tite Ametsuba, Mai, Doro, Kijo, Yajuu

*Still in flashback with the exams*
Naruto Raiu #13 "Study Study Study!"

It was a new day, a new chapter in Mikko Makato's life. Mikko, the fiery red-head sat on the floor of the library between two piles of books. She was rapidly going through book after book, tossing it over her shoulder into the pile once finished.

Hishegami stopped by, she had five books. She groaned, "What ARE you doing?" she sneered. "What's it look like, I'm studying!" Mikko snorted. "Looks to me like you're making a mess!" Hishegami answered back. "Yeah well we'll see who the real mess maker is once I ace these exams and become a chunin!" Mikko bragged. "Oh really?" Hishegami said. "Well I don't think you even know what you're studying." She said.

Mikko stopped, she twitched her nose twice and looked up. "W-What do you mean!?" She asked. "You're supposed to be studying the five elements of jutsu, the basics of genjutsu, and the advantages of strategical tactics of taijutsu." Hishegami replied. Mikko sat straight and dropped her books. "I bet you haven't even covered the outlining strategies of basic chakra control." Hishegami added, before walking away, books under arms.

Mikko gulped and took a look at the book she was speed reading through. It had a lobster and various seafood on the cover. "Exotic cooking for beginners!?" She yelped. "No wonder I haven't learned anything about jutsu yet!" Her stomach growled ferociously. "And...now I'm hungry too!" she rubbed her belly.

Later after a failed attempt at osmosis, Mikko found herself at her favorite hangout: the local noodle parlor. Mikko stepped inside and advanced to the counter, there she saw an older man in his 20's quarreling with the owner.

"I told you Izanaki, no more freebies until you pay off your tab!" Mr. Muto said. "You would refuse service to me, the great Izanaki of the Kiseki-Goninshu!?" The man shouted in an overdramatic fashion, wailing his arms about and gesturing to Mr. Muto as though he were inferior. The owner, Mr. Muto stood unphased. "Either you pay your 5000 ryo or no food." Mr. Muto said before exiting into the kitchen. "C'mon you know I'm good for the money!" Izanaki groaned before slumping onto the stool.
Mikko approached and hopped onto a nearby stool, placing her bag of ryo on the counter. Izanaki held his face and glanced at Mikko, "Oh, hey kid." he murmured. "Hiya, you must be real powerful if you're a member of the kiseki-goninshu!" Mikko said impressed. Izanaki's eyes noticed the bag of ryo that Mikko had and a smile formed on his face.

"Say kid, what kind of training have you had?" Izanaki asked. "What do you mean?" Mikko asked. "Well you know the Chunin Exams are in a month you know!" he added. "Oh yeah, I didn't think about that." Mikko said. "Well, you know if you really want to ace those exams then you're gonna need 'advanced' training!" Izanaki said. "Oh really, so you'll train me as your student?" Mikko asked excited. Izanaki's smile grew wider, "Of course kid, of course...but first...all shinobi must have something warm and spicy to fill them up before they train." Izanaki said, allowing his hand to freely inch up to the bag of ryo and slowly try and pull it away.
Mikko's free hand reach over and yanked it back, "Yeah I am pretty starved, so I think I'll eat first." Mikko said. Izanaki's smile disintegrated into a frown, "And really great shinobi never forget about their elders." Izanaki added. "Oh yeah, I should get what Tite-Sensei always gets. It's light, but fills you up!" Mikko said happily. Izanaki's frown turned into a scowl, he gritted his teeth, his gut growled and howled. ("Man is this kid dense!") he thought. "Listen kid, if you want me to train you...there's a price you have to pay!" Izanaki said jumping from his seat and pointing his finger at Mikko similar to how he did to Mr. Muto. Mikko faced Izanaki, "Oh of course, I wouldn't expect it to be for free." Mikko said. Izanaki's confident smile returned. "Great! So...training lesson number one, buy your sensei some lunch!" Izanaki said rubbing his hands together. Mikko blinked widely, "Oh if you wanted something to eat, all you had to do was just ask." she said.

"Izanaki!" A sharp female voice snapped. He immediately crashed to the floor, the slowly rose to his feet. Mikko turned to see who it was. She smiled when she saw it was the other four kiseki-goninshu. The female, Konoyaha stood behind Izanaki with her arms crossed and looked at him sternly. Izanaki slowly faced Konoyaha, "Are you trying to scam someone for their money again!?" She accused sharply. "No, no we're old war buddies, I uh...used to babysit her along time ago." Izanaki said. The other three, Rei, Shime', and Mizaru stood shaking their heads. "Fine! Alright, I was starving okay!" Izanaki admitted.
Rei, who had long blond hair sighed and approached the counter. "Wouldn't it be easier if you simply paid your tab?" he asked. "Are you crazy!?" Izanaki complained. "Pay all THAT money, that's ludicrous!" He added. "What's ludicrous is that you're still allowed to eat here." Shime' tossed in. Konoyaha sighed, "Fine, I'll pay for the both of you." She said slapping some ryo on the counter before Mr. Muto, "But I want you to pay off your tab!" she said to Izanaki. "I will...eventually." He murmured. The remaining kiseki-goninshu exited except for Konoyaha who turned and pointed to Izanaki. "And just for that little stunt just now, you're going to train her everyday until the day of the exams, and if you try and get a single cent I will hunt you down!" Konoyaha declared before leaving.
Izanaki slumped in his seat, holding his face and growling. "Wow, I'm really going to be trained by a top-notch shinobi, and all in preparation for chunin exams!" Mikko said excitedly. Izanaki sat up, "Uh yeah...about that...I'm not going to go easy on you kiddo." He said with a smirk.
Just then, Mr. Muto arrived with two steamy bowls of ramen topped with shrimp and egg. "But...that's for later, now we eat!" Izanaki said, with a big smile. The two immediatley began wolfing down their meals, almost in competition with each other.

Hishegami Otokusa sat on her bed, under the top bunk. She shared a room and a bunkbed with her older sister Taikimi, who was MIA. Hishegami was reading through a book on medical ninjutsu. "Maybe if I can become as good as you were now, then by the time I reach your age I can be better." Hishegami said, looking at a picture of her older sister Taikimi. In it, her hair was worn up and she wore the traditional Kumogakure Medical-Nin uniform. She wore a warm smile on her beautiful face. "Sis...what happened to you?"

Tanzou Orohime trained by himself, in an alley behind his house. He practiced running up and down walls by using basic chakra control, and practiced a myriad of high-flying maneuvers. He did a mid-air flip and kick move, landing to the ground on his feet. "There! Now if only I had someone to practice with." With that he charged up the wall did a mid-air back flip, landed on his feet and repeated.

Kali Yujihana and her two henchmen Yuu and Jiro stood on a nearby rooftop, watching as young Tanzou trained by himself. She smirked, "Yuu, you can have this one." Yuu, the curly blonde-haired one grinned and disappeared in a poof! "Jiro, that Makato brat is all yours!" Kali said. Jiro laughed brutishly before also disappearing in a poof! "And as for myself, I think I'll pay Miss Otokusa a visit." She said with a grin.

Hishegami Otokusa placed her books into her blue backpack and headed down the stairs. "Mom I'm going to the library again!" she hollered. Her mother, Reni was in the kitchen cutting up carrots and running water. "What? Okay just be back by dinner!" she hollered back.
Hishegami proceeded up the street, "Since I completed the basics of advanced medical ninjutsu it's time for me to take-on the outlining strategical advancements of medical ninjutsu, I hope they have a copy of it it's a shinobi favorite!" Hishegami said.
She reached the library and returned the books. She ascended up the stairs to the medical section of the upper wing. Sure enough there were seven copies of the book she wanted on the shelf. "It must be my lucky day, I never thought I'd be able to even get a hold of even one copy!" she squealed with delight. Hishegami returned to chek-out and left the library with the book. "Now, It's time for me to get home and do some serious reading!"

Hishegami proceeded down the steps and up the path when she was struck hard with a blast of wind, forcing her to the ground. She dropped her newly checked out book to the dirty ground. She scrambled to pick it up and get to her feet when a second blast sent her back. She gasped, trying to catch her breath and finall got to her feet.
In the distance, Kali Yujihana stood with her hot pink fan brandished. "Well one thing's for sure you're so go good at falling that it's no wonder you're not a chunin yet!" Kali mocked. "Correct me if I'm mistaken but as I recall, you're not a chunin either and you're older!" Hishegami retorted. "The circumstances of our dismissmal were completely out-of-line, Jiro's...allergies were to blame." Kali said. "Sure..." Hishegami said, slowly reaching behind into her back pocket. "Fine! Don't believe me, it's not like you're going to make it to the exams anyway!" Kali snorted. Hishegami pulled out a kunai and charged toward her at fast speed.

Tanzou shadowboxed for several rounds before deciding to call it a night. "I feel...stronger..." He said in between pants. "That's good, I'd feel guilty about shredding an invalid opponent!" Yuu said from behind. Tanzou's peripheral vision caught Yuu in his sights. He was standing ten feet away, with his twin katana drawn already. "You want a piece of me?" Tanzou asked. Yuu grinned, "More like 'pieces'." He corrected before darting at Tanzou and swinging with both katana shredding him. "Gotcha!" He said gleefully. "Poof!" Tanzou disappeared. "A bunshin!?" Yuu cried out before the real Tanzou ricocheted off the wall and mule kicked Yuu's back, forcing him to fly several feet. "Gotcha!" Tanzou mocked.

"So what's next Izanaki-sensei?" Mikko asked. Izanaki looked around and saw a notably large tree. "There. Climb that tree!" Izanaki ordered. "O-kay..." Mikko said walking up to it and putting her arms around it to climb. "No, no! Concentrate the flow of chakra to your feet so you can climb the tree to the bough!" Izanaki said. "Oh-okay I get it!" Mikko laughed nervously.

She pressed her hands together and and tried walking up the tree and fell flat on her butt. Suddenly Izanaki had to go pee, really badly and couldn't hold it. "Um...I really need to find a bathroom, just keep practicing until I get back!" Izanaki said as he ran off. "But Izanaki sensei..." Mikko called. "You're doing beautifully!" Izanaki called back. "Yeah right I fell flat on my ass!" Mikko said.
Mikko stood up and tried to walk up the tree, and failed. She tried again and failed again. She tried several times and failed each time. "Damn it! I didn't realize it was going to be his hard!" Mikko cursed. ("Concentrate the flow of chakra to your feet so you can climb the tree to the bough!") she remembered Izanaki say. "Oh right!" Mikko said, perking up. "Maybe I was doing wrong?" she thought. Mikko pressed her hands together and attempted to walk up the face of the tree, she did. She walked up the side and around to the other until she hung upside down from the bough.
"Wow this is great!" She said excitedly. "Where's Izanaki Sensei, isn't he back yet!?" She hollered looking around until she spotted a figure in the distance. "Hey Izanaki sensei I did it, I climbed the tree!" she shouted. The figure stepped forward and upon closer inspection it was not Izanaki, it was Jiro, Kali's portly henchman.
("Shit, what's fatso doing here!?") Mikko asked herself. Mikko flipped down from the bough to her feet. "What do you want?" Mikko asked. "Aw I justs cam here ta play with yas!" Jiro said. Mikko gritted her teeth, "Yeah right fatso out with the truth!" Mikko replied. "You're right, I came to flatten your ego!" Jiro declared before charging at Mikko with a shoulder attack. Mikko jumped onto the tree, ricocheted off the face of it and dropkicked Jiro backward several feet. "Oomf!"
Jiro got to his feet and cracked his neck and knuckles, "Not bad, but you's gonna hafta do better than dat little girl!" Jiro said before kicking and bull charging toward Mikko, chakra blazing around him. ("Shit he's fast!") Mikko cursed to herself.
Mikko jump kicked him but was deflected back. "Oops, did someone get a boo-boo?" Jiro mocked. Mikko got up and cracked her knuckles, "Time to kick your ass!" Mikko said, charging toward Jiro, her own chakra flowing around her.

Tanzou dodged a slash from Yuu and jump kicked him back. Yuu backflipped and landed on his feet. He held his hands together and formed a handsign: "Tiger-Boar-Ox-Tiger-Dragon!" he chanted. ("Damn, he's using a jutsu!") Tanzou panicked. "Fire style: Flame-Seeking Jutsu!" Yuu shouted, a burst of fire lunged from the palms of his hands and tore through the ground after Tanzou, forcing him to run for his life.

Hishegami struck at Kali but was butted in the gut by her knee and sent flying with a burst of wind. "You're no match for my finesse kid!" She taunted. "Shut up you snob!" Hishegami replied, getting up and forming handsigns, suddenly there was three Hishegamis charging toward Kali. "Water Style: Water Blast Jutsu!" All three Hishegami's cried, sending a blast of water out from their palms, sending Kali flying backward. "Wind Cutter Jutsu!" Kali sent blades of wind spiraling toward Hishegami as she flew back, destroying one of her shadow clones.

"Give up yet punk?" Yuu asked as Tanzou, who was now charging up a wall to avoid damage. "Not on your life!" Tanzou cried as he continued to run, Yuu continued to use the jutsu, sending the same flames chasing after him. Tanzou leaped from a rooftop onto another and jump kicked Yuu. But then the flames caught uo with him and engulfed him in fire. "Bad idea punk!" Yuu mocked. "Poof!" the flaming Tanzou was another bunshin, the real Tanzou leapt from behind Yuu and used a water jutsu to extinguish the flames. Another Tanzou came out from the ground and grabbed Yuu's leg, "What!?" he panicked. "Lightning-Style: Rapid Blade Jutsu!" Tanzou's palms serged with electricity as the jutsu charged up. He tackled the helpless Yuu who was caught in Tanzou's trap. He gripped him and shocked him with the full force of his electric attack. "ARGGGHHHHH!" Cried Yuu as his body was electrified.
Tanzou backflipped away and watched Yuu squirm, before he suddenly disappearered with a "Poof!" "What the hell!?" Tanzou said with surprise. "Very good punk!" the real Yuu said, standing on an adjoining rooftop, clapping. "You mean to tell me, that was a bunshin this whole time!?" Tanzou asked. "Yup, pretty clever huh?" Yuu asked. "Now I now that you're primarily a taijutsu specialist with limited ninijutsu abilities, and you've only seen just ONE of my techniques, the weakest!" Yuu explained.
The two looked up to the sky when there was a loud burst. A flare shot up forming a pink star in the sky. "Well that's my cue, gotta run!" Yuu said before leaping away. ("Just...who are those guys?") Tanzou asked himself.

Mikko grappled Jiro's advancing punch and countered with an elbow to his face, but Jiro pushed her back. "Come on little girl and fight me!" Jiro mocked. "That's it! Now I'm pissed!" Mikko cursed, getting up and charging after Jiro she ran straight into his outstretched fist, "Poof!" Mikko vanished. "Wha!?" Jiro said surprised. "Where'd she go?" He asked looking around. Mikko jumped from out of the tree, spun out, gripped her hands on fatso's head and swung around "Makato-Spinning Suplex!" she cried, lifting Jiro up with her chakra and body control and slamming him down. "Oooomfff!" He cried, exausted. "That's....my specialty!" Mikko said in between pants. Jiro groaned and squirmed before "Poof!" Vanishing. "A kage-bunshin huh?" Mikko observed. "What's there game anyway?"
The real Jiro stood from atop a nearby tree, "Makato Spinning Suplex!" He said scribbling on a notepad. "Good to know!" He added before leaping away.

Hishegami lashed out with a barrage if kunai, all of which Kali sent away with her wind. "If you think..." Kali started. "Shut up!" Another Hishegami said, spinning kicking Kali in the gut while the real Hishegami used a water justu on Kalim sending her down.
Kali hit the ground hard and squirmed before vanishing. "Figured as much!" Hishegami said. ("Good thing she didn't see my secret healing technique heh heh!") Hishegami said with a confident grin.
Kali watched from atop the library with a serious expression. ("Impertinent brat...") she said to herself before leaping away.

Meanwhile Mikko danced around the tree, Izanaki returned, relieved as ever. "So, Mikko you did it I presume?" Mikko jumped down and was exausted from her fight. "Yup, just like you said!" she declared. "That's just great!" Izanaki said. "But since I didn't actually SEE you walk up the tree...you'll have to do it again." Izanaki said. "WHAT!?" Mikko said falling down. "Now come on, I have all day." Izanaki said sitting down and waiting for Mikko to comply. "You gotta be kidding me!?" Mikko complained.
Chapter end notes: Flashback Arc...