TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: The battle on Haku Bridge rages on as Shiroi has just activated one of his most ultimate jutsu, the sacred "Flower assimilation justu," which makes him one with the plant itself. Now all Kuromeru can do is helplessly watch in the dark from the outside as his little brother faces the red devil "Ketsuki" in a one-on-one fight to the finish.

Miko, Tanzou, Shai, Yoichi, Kuromeru, Shiraha, Ketsuki, Gaijinbo, Roi, Gaza
Kuromeru stood outside of the large purple flowery plant, his heart aching with worry his head hurting, his eyes burning. "Shiraha! Come out of there now!" He screamed. "You don't know what he's capable of!" Yoichi watched from a distance, as Miko brought Tanzou to his attention. "Miko, are you alright, how is Tanzou?" He asked, kneeling beside him. "He's out of it from the fall and the water nearly killed him." Miko added. "Yes that was quite unexpected, but now we no longer need to worry about Kuromeru as an enemy." Yoichi assured. "T-that's really good!" Miko said, exausted, and slumping down beside a passed out Tanzou.

Meanwhile inside the belly of the beast, Ketsuki searches the reddish interiors of the plant jutsu for a way out. "It is useless to search for an exit for there is none." Shiraha's disembodied voice called. "What kind of jutsu is this?" Ketsuki asked. "It is a sacred plant jutsu, passed down from elders of the hidden plant village, very few know of its existence, even the kusogakure shinobi are in the dark about THIS jutsu." Shiraha explained. "Well...I see..." Ketsuki replied, feeling the soft, breathing walls of the plant jutsu. "I'm sorry, but I must finish what I started, I must slay you in order to protect my family, my brother Kuromeru!" Shiraha announced.

"Secret Art: Poppy-Dust Jutsu!" Shiraha's disembodied voice called out, causing a downfall of golden glittery spores to sprinkl upon Ketsuki, causing him to get a little drowsy but not fall alseep (as the jutsu is used to do) "Kai Release!" Ketsuki cried, holding his hands together in a handsign, nullfying the effects of the genjutsu. "So, that did not work...another then?" Shiraha's disembodied voice said.

Kuromeru stood pain-struck from outside the plant, he dropped to his knees, tears now flowing. He felt the worst was about to happen to his brother, he felt a sharp stabbing sensation in his heart. "What's the matter Kuromeru, suddenly not up for the fight?" Gaza mocked. Kuromeru stood up, wiped off his tears and looked over at Gaza, "You just stay right there 'cause when Shiraha's through with him, I'm gonna kill you!" Kuromeru announced with a determined look. Gaza jumped back and Roi, armed with the crossbow jumped in front of him.

"What now boy...what is it next?" Ketsuki asked Shiraha. "I don't want to kill you, but I must if I am to preserve what is important to me." Shiraha said. "Important, so your brother so that important to you that you would risk your own life?" Ketsuki wondered. "There is no doubt in my mind." Shiraha replied. "I see..." Ketsuki said. "I too once had such noble aspiration for my fellow comrades, however that was many years ago, back when I was known as 'Ketsuki no Akayama', but thos days are far over." Ketsuki added. "I sold my soul to the devil in return for power, and I have rented my being, my sword which my very soul is embedded in, out to the highest bidder." He said. "I have burnt down orphanages, devastated churches, and razed tiny little know-nothing villages to the ground." Ketsuki added. "There is no beauty, no admiration nor honor in such annihilation." Shiraha replied. "I-I shall slay you now and delay the inevitable no longer!"

"Secret-Art: Plant tendril jutsu!" Shiraha's disembodied voice cried, causing several large octopus tentacle-like tendrils to emerge from the ground, the wall, and the ceiling of the plant to wrap around Ketsuki and bind him down, totally resricting him. Ketsuki struggled and tried using his sword to cut through but each time he'd cut a new tendril would appear and replace the last one. Ketsuki was so badly bound up by the jutsu that he now could barely use his sword at all.

"This next jutsu, this one will end this once and for all!" Shiraha stated. "Secret-Art: Multi-Flower explosion jutsu!" Shiraha's disembodied voice shouted, creating multiple purple flowers to hovering from the surface to near Ketsuki and finally errupt and explode once touching his armor. "I...have done it..." Shiraha's disembodied voice announced.

Kuromeru, and Yoichi watched the aftermath from the outside. "Shiraha, come out now, please I beg of you!" Kuromeru cried. "He's going all out...isn't he?" Yoichi asked. Kuromeru nodded, "Shiraha wouldn't have it any other way." He said.

Meanwhile, when the smoke cleared the bits of the plant that was incinerated in the explosion quickly healed and grew back, fully reforming the plant. "Wait a minute...that chakra, it's still in the air!" Shiraha's disembodied voice said. When all of the smoke and petals cleared, a large green and red Qilin-dragon dog was standing over Ketsuki. "Good job Gaijinbo!" Ketsuki announced, patting the beast on the head. It had small red glowing eyes and golden antlers. "So, I failed..." Shiraha's voice admitted. "You fought valiantly but now it is time for this farce to be over!" Ketsuki declared.

"Gaijinbo, the eyes!" He shouted. Suddenly Gaijinbo's red eyes glowed green and showered the walls of the plant with its light. Ketsuki, now free of his constriction rushed out with his katana freed and impaled the southern-most plant wall, "Ugh!" cried Shiraha's dismebodied voice. Suddenly, the plant turned black and coroaded and eventually died, the jutsu totally wore off, revealing a stabbed Shiraha, kneeling before Ketsuki, blood dripping and splattering to the ground. His white mask had fallen off and was now stained red. Ketsuki took his sword and sheathed it. "Gaijinbo, return!" He cried, and the summoned beast returned to its scroll.

"SHIRO!!!" Kuromeru screamed as he charged toward Shiraha. Ketsuki stood by as Kuromeru approached him, knelt down and held Shiraha's head. "Sh-shiraha, why?" He cried. "W-we were gonna get a cure for you an' everything!" He sobbed. Shiraha quivered and shook a little, blood dripped from his gash wound and from his mouth, his eyes twicthed and he turned to look his older brother in the eyes one last time. "Kuro thank you it was...." He stuttered. "Don't force it." Kuromeru said softly, stroking Shiraha's head. "Kuro...I was fated..." Shiraha announced, with a sated smile. "Your words resonated within me..." Shiraha added. "...Forsake hatred...it will consume you."He panted. Kuromeru sobbed and looked away from his dying brother. "Kuro...please, reject this path." Shiraha panted. "Fight for love...not hate." Shiraha added. Kuromeru smiled and sobbed and nodded in understanding his dying brother's last wishes. "I will wait for you beyond...please...forgive me." Shiraha said, before finally closing his eyes, slowly laying his head back, and passing away.

Kuromeru stroked his head a couple of times, the sky turned black and thunder clapped hard, and it began to rain. Ketsuki turned to Kuromeru, "Since you are in mourning I shall honor the deceased by leaving you for last. I am sorry honorable shinobi, but It is my orders as a mercenary to kill you and these four outsiders." Ketsuki unsheathed his katana and approached Yoichi slowly. Yoichi pulled out a kunai knife and readied himself.

Kuromeru sat in the rain, staring down in disbelief that his only family, his one and only little brother had died in his arms just now. "Awww...how sad, pathetic scum you are, you will also get the same Kuromeru Igazuchi!" Gaza said. Kuromeru sharply turned and bolted after him, Roi countered and struck Kuromeru with an arrow, causing him to burst into water. The *REAL* Kuromeru jumped out from behind Roi, slashed his right hand off, causing the bow to fall into the lake, and Roi to tumble downward toward the Ft. Haku garrison.

Kuromeru turned to Gaza, who suddenly didn't look so imposing anymore. Who all of a sudden, looked like the miniscule little rat that he truly was. Kuromeru raised his blade and inched toward Gaza. Ketsuki saw this and stopped approaching Yoichi, instead he sheathed his blade, fully knowing what would happen next.

Kuromeru kicked Gaza hard in the face causing him to fall backwards. Kuromeru impaled his sword into the ground, held Gaza up by his collar and began knocking him in the face, punch after punch after punch until his face was red with blood. "P-please don't kill me!!!" Gaza pleaded, begging. "Begging for mercy eh?" Kuromeru asked. "Thought that sort of behaviour was below the GREAT Gaza!" Kuromeru said. "Pplease t-think of your little brother...h-he asked you to forgive!!!" Gaza replied. That made Kuromeru even angrier as he hauled off and punched Gaza so hard that he tumbled backward and fell off the bridge. Kuromeru warped below him and jump kicked him back up onto the bridge, and then continued the onslaught.

Ketsuki turned to Yoichi, "I have rescinded my orders." Ketsuki announced to the surprise of the Sandagakure nin. "Let it be clear that I have zero intention of harming anyone now, Gaza is a dead man and dead men cannot pay my fines." He said. "Good thing for small miracles then?" Yoichi replied sarcastically. "Mercenary scum!" Miko snarled. "Like I said to the kid...I sold my sould to the devil in return for power...I make a living by renting my flesh; my soul-wielding sword out for hire...this contract at least, is done." He said uninterested. "You're quitting mercenary work?" Yoichi asked. Ketsuki looked up at the sky, "No...it's all that I know. I am more devil than I am human, I can never return to civilized society again." Ketsuki replied. Miko sat idly by Tanzou, and looked over to Shai who was also still out.

Ketsuki walked over to Yoichi and the two stood exactly left-to-right. "Here..." Ketsuki said handing Yoichi a scroll. Yoichi looked in his hand, and it was a summoning scroll. "But this is...!" he said. "I know...it was something meant for that boy there, Tanzou...'Katsuya' wanted him to have it." Ketsuki admitted. Yoichi took the summoning scroll and looked over at the sleeping Tanzou, "You were acquainted with the former Kage?" Ketsuki nodded, "Of course, be it better I walk away now, lest Katsuya ends me." Ketsuki said, walking by Yoichi, passing Miko & Tanzou, and not paying any notice to Shai.

Kuromeru continued his assault on Gaza, he picked him up, Gaza who was now a bloody pulp, and literally snapped him in half before tossing him down into the ocean. Later, Kuromeru knelt before his brother Shiraha's corpse just a few feet from Ft. Haku. Yoichi, Miko, and a now awakened Tanzou stood and watched from a distance.

Somehow despite, the current season; it began to snow on Fort Haku. The light fluffy flakes wispfully fell from the azure sky, landing on Shiraha's forehead, and in Kuromeru's hair. Kuromeru looked up into the sky, and smiled. It was as though heaven itself was mourning Shiraha's death.

"It's snowing Shiraha," Kuromeru said. "Do you remember how in Getsugakure, it almost never snowed?" he added. Miko's eyes teared up as she watched, Yoichi said nothing his breathing even became quieter. You always wanted to build a snowman, and give him a nice tophat and a fancy scarf just like in the movies. Kuromeru said. He slowly shook his head side-to-side, holding Shiraha.

"Should we say something?" Miko asked, starting to walk ahead when Yoichi stopped her with an oustretched arm.
Kuromeru cried, held Shiraha's face, and closed his eyes, biting back tears. Meanwhile Roi, had managed to sneak his way inside of the the garrison, and holed himself up. He tore off some of his shirt to cover up the wound were his hand was. "That shithead kid, I-I've lost a LOT of blood because of him!" He cursed, lighting a match and looking around in the darkened little fortress, why lying before him was a wall packed with barrels of explosives. Roi tossed the match over and allowed the flames to gradually carry over to some fuses.

Kuromeru slowly stood with Shiraha's body in his arms. His back was towards the Sandagakure shinobi, "Shiraha...I'm sorry..."
He recalled coming home from the acadmey, instilling ideas of hate into Shiraha's head, hating his father. Coming home from pratice to find father lying dead, with Shiraha crying hysterically. "It's all my fault, I killed him Kuro!" a young Shiraha sobbed. A young Kuromeru looked at the dead with a shocked expression then to his little brother who he placed a hand on and consoled, "It's okay..." he had said. "It's my fault...i'll take the blame." Kuromeru had said.

Now, tears flowed freely from Kuromeru's eyes, he sobbed more and more, he dropped to his knees again, with Shiraha lying across him. "Shiraha!" He cried. "I'm...sorry!" He cried again. Tears streaming from Kuromeru's eyes like the most majestic of waterfalls, he held Shiraha close, We'll just sit here...like old times". Kuromeru said. Just then a flicker, then some dust- no fire, then a bang. An even louder one, then suddenly a gigantic fireball engulfed the area, taking out Ft. Haku, Roi, and Kuromeru, and Shiraha with its flames.

"KUROMERU!!!" Miko screamed, tears streaming she tried running toward the explosion site, but Yoichi stopped her. "No, it's too dangerous we must get the officials." Yoichi said. Miko cried, wanting to have helped but in the end could do nothing.

Later that day...
Yoichi, Miko, and Tanzou all stood in forest clearing, before the patch of mixed wildflowers that Shiraha had planted. It had stopped raining, the three looked down at two makeshift headstones they had made from Kuromeru's longsword nodachi, and Shiraha's now stained white mask. They planted them into the flower bed. Shai, now fuly awake, slowly approached them from behind.

"So...it's true...he's...really gone..." She said sullen. Stepping between Yoichi and Miko, touching the handle of Kuromeru's sword and gazing down at the white mask that was Shiraha's. Little droplets sprinkled and hit the mask, it was not raining. Yoichi looked to the others, "Well now...we should be heading back." He said. Yoichi and Tanzou quietly left, Miko started to leave then stopped and looked at Shai's pink wildflower in her hair. "Hey, I like your flower...It's good look for you." Miko complimented. Shai turned, "Thanks! I-I think I'm gonna wear it for a while." She said with a smile, tears staining her face. She turned one last time to say goodbye to what was the white mask of Shiraha.

After the Sandagakure crew departed from the land, a figure unknown approached the makeshift graves, and a hand extended out and grabbed the nodachi by its handle, wielding it effortlessly. "Well now, we can't leave this to rust." Said the shadow.
Chapter end notes: Land of Trees Arc...