TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This is fiction (obviously) based on characters (some linked to Naruto and not) 20-30+ into the Narutoverse (after Shippuden.) Plz do not flame me, harrass me, or downplay me for my ideas. None of this is speculative it is all just made up naruto-related fan stuff for fun.
Chapter notes: Miko Makato, Maki Fuhina, Tita Ametsuba, Shai Otokusa (mentioned only), Doro Moyogaki, Yajuu Yamikiri, Kijo Suna, Jinroku (Mentioned only).
{Scene: Sandagakure academy training grounds}

A group of twenty chūnin are going through various rigorous training exercises. Training instructor Maki Fuhina, with her purple ochre hair tied up and wearing a bandanna bearing Sanda's insignia barks out orders to the many various chūnin.

From a nearby window of a classroom, fifteen-year old Miko Makato watches as the students who had surpassed her as peers trained for future missions without her. Miko's blue eyes didn't well up with tears, nor did she get depressed, she got a little angrier and angrier each time she thought about becoming a "chūnin."

What does it take to become a chūnin? Her parents were reknown legends throughout Sandagakure (Lit. “Hidden Thunder Village”), and Miko herself was nothing special, a big disappointment to those who had advised and served under her parents. Her academy sensei, Tita Amatsuba was a nice woman. She was kind and caring, and even though Miko could not become a chūnin, at the moment, Tita never lost faith nor interest in her.

Miko pounded the desk with her fist. It had been almost a year since Shai, once her best friend now bitter rival had excelled to chūnin, though it was a stunning display of genjutsu and medical jutsu she showed during the exams. Out of two-hundred students, only twelve became chūnin. The massive graduating class was split up into Faction "A" - Blue, and Faction "B" - Red. Shai was a part of Blue Faction, being instructed by Maki outside along with nineteen others. Shai would not notice Miko watching, nor would she ever notice her again. The two were in parallel worlds now destined to be apart.

"Makato Miko!" Tita shouted. Miko snapped out of her daze and returned her focus to "Tita's boring lecture." "Now as I was saying, in order to get past enemy shinobi in plot B, one must consider the elements around him." Miko mentally drifted off again as Tita yammered on. Miko dreamed about being perfect, being grand, about being the best shinobi the village hidden in the clouds had ever seen. She was glorious, like, no better than her parents were. She was glowing and magnificent and could summon gigantic monstrous toads if she wanted to, or she could see all of her enemy's moves before they happened, or she could even turn into a giant monster and devastate an entire village if she could. Things were looking great, she was happy. A term that she had not used for what seemed like forever.

Ah a dream...a dream, Miko quickly sat up, her head ached from sleeping for so long on the hardwood desk. The classroom was deserted and she had a sticky note stuck to her forehead. It was written by Tita Sesei. "Miko, I understand how you feel. Please come see me at the noodle parlor." Miko got up and adjusted her red Sandagakure headband on her forehead and proceeded out the classroom, when the door swung open. She jumped back and reached for a kunai. Standing in the doorway was Doro Moyogaki and his minions; Yajuu and Kijo.

"Well, well, if it isn't the 'manuke'," Doro said with a vile grin. "Outta my way, I've got places to go!" Miko replied, attempting to march through the threesome. "Not so fast baka! You're the failure here, not us!" Doro barked back. "Yeah, we're your superiors so you should listen to us!" Yajuu followed. Miko gritted her teeth, "If you two bastards don't get out of my way I'm going to..." "What, cry us a river?" Doro interrupted. "Or maybe fail a jutsu?" Yajuu added. "Jutsu, so you wanna talk jutsu eh? I'll show you what i've got right here right now!" Miko said with a confident grin. Doro and his henchmen stared her down in wonder and speculation.

"Alright then, get on with it!" Doro barked. "Okay, better get ready 'cause this is gonna blow your mind!" Miko said forming a series of signs with her hands, "Iroppoi-Kemono no Jutsu!" she shouted. Miko's form was covered entirely by a thick cloud of smoke, when it was lifted a humanoid tigress stood almost six-feet tall, with voluptuous curves and long luscious blonde hair and baby blue eyes. She played with her tail while licking her paw. Doro and his companions froze with looks of astonishment/terror carved into their faces. They were white as ghosts with their jaws literally dropped. "Aw what's the matter guy, cat got your tongue?" Tiger-Miko purred with a wink. She quickly changed back and was able to casually stroll by the frozen trio.

Miko had exited the Sandagakure academy and walked along a piebald path of the courtyard. She was headed for the Yoko-Yoko Noodle parlor, where she would meet Tita Sensei.

Miko approached the bar and entered through the sheer veil in the entrance way. The parlor tonight was filled with many people, most of whom had graduated from the academy as 'Genin.' Miko looked around, nearly running face first into a giant prop octopus then she noticed Tita-Sensei sitting at the bar reading a book while drinking some tea.

Miko walked up to the bar and sat beside her. "You're late." Tita said. "Yeah..." Miko muttered. "You don't need to explain." Tita said. Miko looked at her confused, "What do you mean Tita-Sensei?" Tita placed a pink bookmark in her book and closed it, placing it on the bar. "What I mean is I know how you feel." Miko looked away, and felt embarrassed. "No way..." She said. "Yes, when I was younger than you I wanted to become a genin, but could not pass the final examination. I had wasted too much time with failed jutsus to pass and so I was forced to retry the following year." Miko looked up and faced her, "Did you pass the second time?" Tita shook her head, "Nope." "You didn't? Then what about the third go?" Miko asked. "Not then either." Tita added. "You didn't pass, then what's this whole story about?" Miko groaned. "I DID eventually pass, but the point is that failing IS a form of success." Miko stared her over in disbelief. "What do you mean 'success'?" Tita adjusted her spectacles and tightened the red ribbon that supported her long wavy blue hair. "I mean that each time you fail is a chance to train harder and learn more than ever. With failure you are able to evaluate yourself and learn from your mistakes, it's what I did and it took my four tries to do it." Miko sunk in her seat, "Four tries, that's killer, you had to sit through three different classes what a pain!" Miko said. Tita laughed, "Yes it was a 'pain,' but I learned a little trick that helped me with my jutsu disability and was finally able to graduate at the last minute." Miko's eyes lit up, "Really, a trick?" Tita nodded, "Yes a jutsu performed by the Risu-Senpi himself, master "Jinroku." Miko's eye gleemed with self-confidence and she stood up out of her chair.

"Tita-Sensei, If I may, I would like to know of this jutsu!" Miko asked more pumped than ever. "Oh no it isn't any specific jutsu, it is a technique used and mastered by the great Jinroku to help one master any which jutsu quickly." Miko suddenly slumped back down to the floor. Tita looked down to her, "...But if you really want pass anytime soon the deadline IS next week, so...you have exactly one week to choose a jutsu, master it, and display it before the proctors. If they think you are worthy then you will be a chūnin." Tita said. "And if not?" Miko asked. "Then more bookwork and D-Class missions to come!" Tita answered. Miko got up and dusted herself off, "Sorry I can't talk anymore, I hafta go!" Miko announced. "Where are you going?" Tita asked. "I hafta go find this 'technique' you're talking about!" Miko replied. "But wait I can help!" Tita shouted after, but it was too late Miko had vanished. Tita sat back and thought to herself, "It wouldn't have done any good anyway. Miko is a 'self-starter,' she never accepts help from anyone and would only use a technique if she could master and learn it herself."
Chapter end notes: Exposition Arc...