TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The House By The RailRoad by SumChan91

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dear Reader,

Whoever finds and reads this journal to the end will truly wonder what it's like to enter supposed fiction and fantasy through reality. I warn you, the events in this entry are very hard to believe, you might even call me crazy, but what I along with a few others have witnessed is truly a story to be told. It all started with a mere child and ends in up in a world full of thrill, wonder and much much more.

At first I thought it was just pure imagination, bothering me as it usually does. After all when you're a big fan of fiction, it tends to do that. I was in my room on my computer searching up on haunted mansions and hotels, just for fun of coarse. Before I go on forgive me for not introducing myself, My Name is Ninna Martin-Ellis But my friends call me Sum, I am only 14 years of age but pretty sharp for your average girl. Occasionally I like to scare myself for thrill and read up on haunted places or watch horror films but depending on how scary the information is, I won't go through the whole subject.
Anyways as I was saying, I was looking up at some old supposedly haunted mansions and found one that interested me quiet a bit. It was called "The House By The Railroad", I know it sounds corny but trust me the events that happened in it weren't the least bit. As I was reading I come upon a entry from the house of a death of a small girl about the age of 7 who was murdered by her one and only friend and is said to still roam the house and sometimes the area around it. As I saw a picture of the house I noticed that it wasn't too far from me so my imagination started to take over, asking questions like "I wonder if all of this is true" and "I wonder if I'll see the girl myself". I laughed at how naive I was when it comes to things such as this and exited the the web page once I read a few profiles of the deaths in the mansion telling myself not to get to into the information if I wanted to sleep that night.
Once I turned off my PC and got up to stretch a bit, I turned and saw my brother Andrew at the door who was staring at me confused to why I was talking to myself. I was obviously thinking aloud like I do a lot and got a bit embarrassed as he shook his head and sighed. "It's time to walk the dogs" Andrew said asking me to leash them up as he got his shoes on, of coarse I did so and we went outside to walk them like we do every night. While we were walking them around the neighborhood lake, my brother went to check the mail telling me to stay in the area and continue to walk mimi one of our two dogs, as he took our other dog balto with him. As I walked around the lake near the pool area, I noticed a little girl standing near the corner of the lake reaching her hand out to me. There was no expression on her face what so ever and something about her just felt odd, I stood there and stared for a while until my brother broke my trans when he called my name looking for me. I turned and waved to him hoping he would come so we could help the girl find her parents, but when I turned to talk to the girl she was gone. Again my imagination was playing games on me or so I thought, I set it aside shaking my head and continued to walk the dogs with my brother until we went back inside.
We walked up the staircase and through the hall to our apartment door, for some reason I felt like someone was watching me. I wasn't sure anymore weather it was imagination or a 6th sense kicking into action at this point. A chilling gust of wind swept by as Andrew opened the door to the apartment and I could tell that I was losing my sanity more and more as the seconds pass by. I started to think maybe I was tired, so went to my room and noticed a note on my door. As I was reading through the note it was getting hard to believe, yet at the same time it set my panic level to an all time high. "Come to the house by the railroad, if you want him to be safe" was what the note said as I ran to my brother to show him. Of coarse he didn't believe me and figured I was either playing a joke on him or I wrote it earlier and forgot about it. Since he was no help at all I went back to my room and started to call everyone to make sure they were ok, it would have been easier to pinpoint who the note was talking about if it actually stated a name but I guess that would have been too easy to find out. It was as if someone was testing me, but the question in my mind was who or what?
Finally, after talking to my sister who told me that my nephew kedrick went over to a friends house but hasn't come back yet and was starting to worry, I looked at the note and quickly wrote kedricks name in it, he was the only one that was missing so he had to be the one they took. After Andrew fell asleep, I didn't take a minute longer to sneak out of the apartment after printing out a blueprint of the house I found online and started calling a few of my friends to come with me. One of my friends coming along on my journey is Kyo Sohma, a real hot head but hes nice in his own way. He brought along his friend Tohru Honda, she's really nice and sometimes too nice but none the less we get together more than fine. "I don't see why you called so late at night just to go to some old abandoned house!!" Kyo said in his usual ungrateful way. Tohru sighed and tried to calm him down by telling him it shouldn't take too long just to check around and see whats going on. "All we have to do is make sure the house is empty," she said smiling and continued; "who knows maybe its just her nephew playing a small prank". Kyo just grunted and stayed quiet, but when those words came out of tohrus mouth I looked at her and raised an eyebrow, "If it was a prank how did the note get in my room?, he lives 2 hours away from me." Tohru sat there for a while and laughed nervously hoping my comment wouldn't anger kyo any more than he already is which thankfully, it didn't. We waited for the rest of the group to arrive and they finally showed up 10 minutes after kyo and tohru arrived. They of coarse is none other than the twin duo Hikaru and Kaoru. "We're here!" they both said in unison as usual, they've always done things together and wouldn't separate for the world . I shook my head and sighed on how they came later than the others. "Come on guys we need to hurry now." I said starting to walk away from the others as they sighed and followed. We finally got to the house and stood at the front lawn, staring at front door as we stepped twords it. The house was a faint white color almost eery enough to make me want to turn around and head back home, but that wasn't an option if my nephew was really in there. Staring at the abandoned house and its unkept yard which seemed liked hasn't been cut for months, Tohru gulped and started to wonder if we should trespass property that is probably off limits in the first place. "What if we get in trouble for trespassing?" tohru finally asked breaking the silence. Kyo looked at tohru with an annoyed look on his face; "YOU were the one telling me we'll just be in and out, don't chicken out now tohru" he grunted and started walking towards the door when he noticed a wolf like creature was standing right in front of it. The wolf was pure white and seemed to be glowing, we rubbed are eyes thinking we were seeing things but it was still there whatever it was, and finally the door swung open as it walked inside. Hikaru and Kaoru shuddered and started to cling to each other not wanting to move from where they were standing, but if kedrick was really in there I would do anything to get him out. I dragged the twins along with me into the house as kyo picked up tohru and did the same. Hikaru whimpered and tried to get away but my grip was too tight for him to get loose. "d-didn't you see that thing?" Hikaru shuddered clinging to me since I wouldn't let go of him, Kaoru just whimpered too frightened to say anything at all. "Quit being babies, it was just a wolf" I quietly said a bit uncertain about it myself, but figured I should just let it pass over my shoulder. The moment we walked inside the door slammed behind us, causing kyo to drop tohru and me to jump letting go of the twins who clung to me anyways from the sudden noise. Kyo ran to the door and tried to re-open it, but it was no use. Tohru went pale in the skin nearly passing out but kept herself together the best she could standing back up. Everyone was getting a little worried now, after all we were trapped in a house with a wolf creature inside. Finally giving up on the door kyo yelled and pointed at me angered by everything that has happened so far. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT" he yelled putting his face close to mine. I smacked him for his sudden burst, glaring at him while doing so; "Stop being so loud you moron! besides you're not scared are you?, and you were calling tohru a chicken" I said smirking trying to get him to prove me wrong so he wouldn't complain any longer. Of coarse my plan worked perfectly as he looked at me annoyed and pointed to himself; "Kyo sohma isn't scared of anything!" he said as he started walking away and continued "from now on we split up you can be on your own!" Tohru ran behind kyo as the rest of us stood there for a while when I finally spoke up. "FINE WE DON'T NEED YOU ANYWAYS" I yelled back at him obviously annoyed by him and his attitude, the twins blinked and looked at me worried about kyo and tohrus safety. "Don't you think its a bad idea," Hikaru said waiting for kaoru to finish the sentence. kaoru sighed and did so; "to split up? what if they get hurt?." I frowned and looked at them with an angered look on my face; "You don't have to do everything in unison, and hes the one that left anyways so let him be besides tohru will take care of him now lets go." I started to walk off as the twins shrugged and trailed behind me.
The three of us suddenly stopped as a blue haired little girl appeared in our path and I noticed that the girl standing before my very eyes, was the same exact girl I saw at the lake. The little girl bowed and began to speak; "My name is Tono, I'm afraid your nephew can't leave now, because he is now my new friend.." she whispered as I stepped back a bit getting close to Hikaru and Kaoru. If you stared at the girl for a little while she seemed as if she was transparent, my nerves finally reached to the point where I fell to my knees, tears falling down my cheeks. Tono gave an evil smirk as a creature showed itself, carrying an unconscious kedrick on its back. Its glowing white coat and red eyes proved to us that it was the wolf that we first saw upon arriving this awkward place. I bolted up snarling at them and they both turned and ran the opposite way into the darkness with me following their trail. Hikaru and kaoru, now left alone, didn't know if they should follow me or head back where we started to find kyo and tohru. Kaoru grabbed Hikaru's arm and started going towards the entrance thinking they would be safer. "I'd rather not get killed by an evil little girl and her wolf companion" Kaoru said as Hikaru nodded in agreement when their conversation was interupted when for some reason, they felt as if they were floating in mid air. They looked down at their feet and noticed they were above a trap door causing them to fall as they screamed in horror.
Meanwhile, Kyo and Tohru were completely lost somewhere on the second floor of the haunted estate. Tohru opened a door to what looked to a library as her and kyo walked inside. Kyo looked around at the shelves all around the room, all of them still filled with now completely dusted over books. "The people living here must have been pretty wealthy if they could afford to have their own library." Tohru commented, but kyo was still angry about the argument he got into earlier and wasn't really paying attention to what Tohru was saying. She gave up on trying to make conversation and started looking through the shelves trying to search for a book that could possibly give more information about the house. As she started pulling a book out of the shelf there was a sudden high pitched noise filling the room. The door suddenly shut and the book tohru was pulling out of the shelf pulled itself back in. Kyo who was sitting down at the moment shot up and ran by tohru as she ran from the shelf to the middle of the library. A voice began to echoed through the room frightening tohru and kyo even though he doesn't show it. The voice was slow and sinister and began to speak in what it seemed to be a riddle. "You have walked into my path, so you will suffer my wrath unless of coarse you find the key and only then will you be set free. In this game you can not use brute force, only the power of knowledge through this course. So put on your thinking caps and get together, if not you'll be here forever and ever..". The Shelves in the library moved around them , forming a sort of maze. Tohru clung to kyo's arm while he looked around enraged more than ever. He attempted to punch one of the shelves and ended up getting his hand caught in it. The voice from before snickered and a fox like creature appeared next to kyo. It had the same glow and color as the wolf, but it was slimmer with a pointier nose than the wolf had. Tohru gasped and kyo snarled looking at the odd animal both wondering how they're ever going to escape this mess."I will give you one hint on finding the key so listen very carefully, Wolves need to be in packs in order to survive, that is the only way they thrive." Said the fox as it vanished once more. Kyo finally pulls his hand out of the bookshelf leaving a gap in it. He was rubbing his hand and started complaining; "What the heck does that mean IT MAKES NO SENSE!" He was waiting for tohru to answer him but unlike him she was trying to think of what exactly the fox meant, having her finger to her chin thinking as hard as she could. Her Train of thought was broken when kyo started to shake her, just noticing that she wasn't listening to his constant complaints. "EARTH TO TOHRU ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?" he yelled in her face, tohru blinked and started to smile nervously as kyo stopped shaking her. He shook his head and started walking off again, tohru following behind.They walked to what seemed to be hours and hours, unable to find a key or anything else for that matter. They both sat down to rest when tohru suddenly gasped staring at one of the book shelves. Kyo turned and widened his eyes as he saw exactly what she was looking at. The book shelf they were looking at, had a fist sized gap between too bent books. Thats right, they've been going in circles this whole entire time. Kyo screamed to the top of his lungs, so loud that you couldn't understand what he was saying while tohru teared up in frustration when she happened to remember the last riddle the fox gave them before he disappeared. "Wolves need to be in packs in order to survive, that is the only way they thrive!!" Tohru said beaming as she grabs kyo by his arms and started shaking him; "I got the answer to the riddle!" We Head back to the twins who fell into a trap door, landing in a giant white room. Once they got up, they looked around and noticed a table in the middle of it. It had 2 lit candles and 4 chairs, 2 in a row facing each other. Kaoru raised an eyebrow and hikaru started walking up to the table, Koaru blinked and followed his brother. When they got closer they noticed the table had a nicely prepared dinner for 4 along with a bottle of fine wine, Hikaru beamed and sat down grinning, trying to eat some of the food when kaoru grabbed his arm. Hikaru looked at his brother confused, "Why did you stop me?" he asked, but before kaoru could answer hikaru gasped and shot up, hugging him and nearly making them fall. "Silly brother!" Hikaru said giving kaoru a huge grin and continued "I wouldn't eat any without saving some for you!" Kaoru smacked his forehead and sighed at his naive brother as Hikaru just stood there and blinked confused. "I stopped you," Kaoru finally said looking at hikaru, "because we have no idea where that food came from, I didn't want any for myself." Hikaru shrugged and sat back down as Kaoru sat by him, they looked around the room once more and noticed that the two empty seats infront of them, weren't empty anymore. Hikaru and Kaoru both fell back in their chairs as the two people walked beside the twins trying to assist them. The people with hikaru and kaoru were a pair of twin girls. Their dresses were a faded pink color matching very well with their expression-less faces.Hikaru and Kaoru shot up and hugged each other not trusting the twin girls who sat back down at the table. "Let us introduce ourselves" The two girls said breaking the silence. If you stared at the twin girls long enough you could notice a slight difference in their hair styles. The girl on the left had slightly curlier hair than the girl on the right. The curly haired girl spoke first, "My name is Shiko" she waiting for her sister to continue the sentence "And my name is Kiko" said the other as they each grabbed hikaru by his arms and sitting him on a chair. Kaoru snarled at the girls and commanded to let him go, but they ignored kaoru's commands and stared at hikaru who was struggling to get free. Shiko, whos free hand was closer to the table, reached out and grabbed the wine bottle as kiko used her free hand to pop the cork off. Kaoru tried to tackle his brother out of the girls grasp but in shock, ended up going through them hitting the floor head first. He slowly got up rubbing his head but as he looked at the girls who still had hikaru, they were forcing him to drink the bottle of wine until the bottle was completely empty. Hikaru went completely pale, his eyes went dim and all kaoru could do was sit in horror and watch. Shiko and Kiko gave an evil smirk at kaoru who had tears falling down his cheeks feeling helpless and frightened. The girls finally threw hikaru twords Kaoru as he tried to wake him up but sadly it was no use. A door appeared on the wall as the girls walked to it and started to walk out. Kaoru shot up and snarled at them, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!?" He screamed as shiko went through the door holding the door for kiko. Kiko looked at Kaoru and began to speak; "Solve this riddle and not only will your brother wake up, but you will be back at the entrence of the house," She said and continued, "Birds of a feather, stick together. What does this sentence mean?" she turned back towards shiko and walked through the door. Kaoru grabbed hikaru and tried to run to the door but once he got there the door vanished. He slumped to the ground laying Hikaru beside him and thought for hours and hours, growing a little more impatient as the seconds passed by. He would glance at hikaru from time to time with a small smile on his face, "We shouldn't have gone back twords the entrance, huh Hikaru?" he said to his brother although he couldn't hear. Suddenly the sentence he said made Kaoru pause for thought. He remembered all the events that have happened so far from the moment they entered the house. He got up and beamed as tohru did resaying the riddle that was given to him, "Birds of a feather stick together, what does this mean?, of coarse!" he said happily kneeling beside hikaru with a big grin on his face. I had finally caught up with tono and her wolf following them into a fenced in garden. Vines and weeds were grown all over the fence, the garden looked unkept as most of the plants and grass were withered and dead. I glared at the wolf carrying kedrick on his back but noticed something I didn't before. The wolf's expression was sad and remorseful, like he actually feels bad about the events that have just happened, the girl on the other hand seemed quite amused, smiling without a care in the world. There was a terrifying cold chill in the air as the girl stepped towards me, getting closer and closer until she was finally close enough to grab my face or at least attempt to. Her hand sent chills down my spine as it went past my face, my legs were shaking telling me to run but my mind was telling me to stay. I tried to center myself and calm and almost did until the wind around the garden became wild and restless. I looked around me and noticed tono wasn't the only ghost around me anymore. Looking all around I saw a pure white fox standing by the wolf and two twins with faded pink dresses. They were all looking at me as if they were waiting for me to speak, I finally gulped and took the least bit of courage I had to ask one thing that has been wandering in my mind ever since I found the note to come here; "Why me?" I whispered too scared to talk loud. Tono smiled along with the others as they all came closer to me and sat down. Tono coughed and began to speak, "Tell me," she said looking into my eyes, "what is the one and only thing on your mind right now?" I didn't take any time to answer that my nephew was the only thing in my mind at the moment. Tono sighed as the other ghost shook their heads. The white fox by the wolf stood and spoke afterwords. "While you had your mind on your nephew alone,Your friends ran in to problems of their own" he said sitting back down. The twins got up next and bowed before speaking. "You all separated from each other, causing more problems along the way" they said in unison and sat down. I blinked and sat there a bit shocked that I was still alive and unharmed as the wolf stood up and walked up to me laying kedrick in my arms. "It is wise and dignifying to care so much for your nephew indeed," the wolf said speaking for the very first time. My eyes widened in amazement as the wolf continued to speak. "but you and everyone else you came with all forgot one simple thing that could have gotten your nephew much sooner." he finally finished. That of all things confused me the most through out my time in this odd house. The wolf saw through my confusion and smiled, "before I continue let everyone introduce themselves, My name is Xiou, keeper of this home.I know it may sound a bit strange but it is at it is." Xiou silenced as Xion spoke. "My name is xion and I spend my time, studying on making new riddles and rhymes." Tono giggled as Xion finished and stood up bowing, "I already told you my name but you probably forgot so I'll say it again, my name is tono and I'm usually not mean like that, I only did what Lord Xiou told me!." she said giggling again. "We all did" the twins said as they introduced themselves to me as they did hikaru and kaoru. When they finished everyone silenced as xiou sat down. "Now then, do you see the mistake that you have made upon entering?" He asked me since I still looked a bit confused, I stood after a while of thought finally understanding what exactly went wrong. "I see now" I said looking at each phantom and continued speaking, "it was like, a test of team work. While Kyo and I argued and separated the team you guys formed and stuck to a plan you all created together. If we would have stayed a team and made a plan we would have gotten kedrick easier!" Everyone started clapping except for xiou and xion of coarse, who were animals when xion spoke once more, "Teamwork is an important skill, you should remember the lesson you have had tonight and hopefully your friends will as well." I started to feel extremely upset when I heard the word friends, I forgot all about them when I started chasing after tono and xiou and they all had to deal with problems that possibly could have hurt them. Xiou continued to speak once he saw the sad expression on my face, " Wolves need to be in packs in order to survive, that is the only way they thrive, Birds of a feather, stick together. What does this sentence mean? both of these riddles mean one word that all of your friends figured out about the same time you did" I nodded in agreement and answered both riddles, "teamwork" was all I said as Xiou nodded. "We gave your friends freedom in exchange for solving the riddle, so they're all outside waiting for you. And don't worry about your nephew I will take him back home and he will wake up in the morning with no memory of what happened tonight. Xion and the others will take you to the front door." With those last words he grabbed kedrick, set him on his back and vanished in a bright white light. The light was very bright and blinding, so I blinked when I could see noticing I was already at the front door Shiko, Kiko, Toni and Xion all behind me. I grinned and waved as a turned around and opened the door to outside where the rest of the group was waiting. Hikaru was arm to arm with Kaoru grinning as they usually do as Tohru smiled and amazingly so did kyo, although it was much smaller. I told everyone that Xiou, the wolf we first saw took kedrick home, but they all nodded saying they were already told that when the solved their riddles. We all walked away from the doorstep heading home as the ghost smiled and watched us go. When we reached the end of the sidewalk entering the house we turned to see if they were still there, the door was wide opened but none of the ghost were in sight. Kyo sighed breaking the silence, "Ok I'm sick of this adventure already, let go home tohru I'm hungry." He started walking away and I sighed as he passed me thinking he didn't change one bit from this experience, but as he walked by he patted my head and told the twins to walk me home. Tohru and I both raised a brow and laughed as kyo now grew embarrassed. He walked away much faster as tohru waved running behind him. Hikaru and Kaoru walked me home and waved once I got to the door, going back home themselves. Once I entered my apartment I saw andrew in the living room with my mom, both looking angry, annoyed and worried. At first I tried to tell them what happened but they didn't seem to believe me and grounded me for sneaking out which annoyed me at first, after all I did just save my nephew from talking ghost animals and human ghost that in the end weren't bad at all. None the less my complaints went away as I was in my room studying continuing with my routine life, besides with the time I had to stay in my room. I wrote this very entry in my book. Hoping one day it will be found, bringing fear sadness and joy to all that read it.

And there you have it my fellow readers, I told you it was going to be hard to believe didn't I? Although that is so I along with Kyo, Tohru and the Twins will remember that night till the day we die, Along with the message Xiou told us never to forget.

"Wolves need to be in packs in order to survive, that is the only way they thrive, Birds of a feather, stick together. What does this sentence mean? both of these riddles mean one word, and that word is teamwork.."