TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Wonderful Brook by WarlordJEREK

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO. This is really my first try with romance and I really just wanted to write this because when I'm bored ideas start to build up in my head. So bear with me if a few things sound stupid or whatever.
Sakura, Kakashi, and Naruto were setting up sleeping packs.

They’d had a long day today as they completed their mission. It had been a long way out here and the hot sun hadn’t given up killing them for one second. Every step they took it beat down on them more and more. The heat being turned up as if the forest was still a Winter Wonderland populated only by snow and some animals. Finally, they’d reached the hiding place of the ninja and had taken him down easily. The village that they had saved had rewarded them with a free day at the spa(Sakura had only gotten the massage and eaten the food. No hot spring for her. She was hot enough already) and a cash reward for their efforts.

Then the trio had reached a place with a waterfall that dumped water into a brook that babbled on into the mixed colors of the horizon and the orange setting sun. Naruto and Sakura had happily jumped into the brook and cooled off while Kakashi read Ichi-Ichi Paradise. Sakura wondered how that man could do nothing in between missions but read non-stop. It was incredible. Naruto had snuck up on her and tried to dunk her and Sakura had punched every last bit of snot out of that head that contained his tiny brain. But all day, even in the fun and excitement, she hadn’t forgotten Sasuke. Every minute Sakura would turn around and expect him to be there, standing in the trees saving her or Naruto.

Just like the old days that seemed to be a thousand years away now.

Just like the old days that had been so much better.

Just like those old and happy days.

But Sasuke never did reappear from the darkness he’d walked into.

Sasuke never returned.

Now as the sleeping packs and tents(Sakura was glad that lady Tsunade had let them bring tents)were set up, Kakashi and Naruto fell into them. Sakura thought about it for a moment then continued on her way to the brook. Sakura at least wanted one last look at the stars before parting and dreaming of her lost friend even more.

When she arrived, the brook babbled aimlessly and flowed into the never ending distance of the mountains and trees. It was the most peaceful thing. Like the eye of a storm or the emergence of a baby in the birthing room. Once you looked at the clear blue water, saw the wonderful mountains that’s tops dared to poke a hole in the stars and space, heard the aimless babbling that was somehow calming, everything else chaotic in your life just drifted away and didn’t come back for as long as you were there. Sakura fell victim to this enchantment and stuck her now bear feet in the wonderful water of the brook.

It felt wonderful and everlasting.

Sakura looked up at the shining spheres of heat and light that were millions of miles away and made the sun look like a dwarf. They shined bright even when they were small in the eye of a human millions of miles away. Some of them swirled like Rasengan, other’s were bowls like Sakura’s healing jutsu, and some were spiky and scattered like Kakashi-sensei’s Raikiri. Then Sakura remembered that Raikiri had two names. Now some of these beautiful beings of pure light were like Kakashi-sensei’s Raikiri.
Or Sasuke’s Chidori.

Then Sakura found it absurd, comparing things as small as human beings to something like a star. Not even the movie starts could come close to being as wonderful and powerful and big as a REAL star. Sakura was about to get up and go back to her tent, leaving this wonderful sight behind her and in her dreams, when she head something rustle in the bushes. Sakura immediately threw a kunai into the bark of a tree on one side of the moving bush. It moved again. But before Sakura scrambled out of the water, Sasuke appeared.

Sakura’s mouth fell open and she was instantly feeling the tears building up behind her eyes. But then she remembered that this could be a trick by the enemy. Give it a break Sakura, she thought. How could the enemy possibly know who Sasuke is or that you even like him? Besides, she didn’t need to interrogate the Sasuke standing in front of her. Sakura could easily identify Sasuke anywhere anytime. It was his eyes. His black coals that showed nothing but sadness and rage, even when he laughed or smiled. Then he spoke. “Hello Sakura.”

In those two words, Sakura had enough to go on. She hopped out of the brook and ran towards Sasuke. She grabbed him and squeezed like a boa constrictor. Sakura would not let him go this time. Sakura would not allow him to leave this time. She would hold him in that one spot forever. Tears began to dribble down Sasuke’s chest. Then Sakura was surprised by what he did. Sasuke took a hand and petted her hair with it. Then he pulled her closer until Sakura could here the steady drumming of his heart. It did not skip a beat, it did not slow down, it did not speed up. That was how it had always been. Of course, that’s how Sakura had guessed that it had always been. The only time she’d even attempted to embrace him was from behind. Once was only to awake him from the dark power of his curse seal. The other was to stop him from leaving. On the second try, she’d really meant it. And she’d been pushed away. Now, Sakura was being pulled forward.

Sasuke looked in her eyes and she said, “I’ve missed you Sasuke. I’ve missed you! You were gone for so long! But now you’re back! And I’m not going to let you leave again!” Then Sasuke said something that surprised her, “Everything will be okay, Sakura. Just wait. Everything will be just fine.”

Then, as their heads began to move towards each other, Sakura awoke in her tent.

What? It had just been a dream?! But it had seemed so real. She knew that everything up to putting her feet in the brook was real. But what about everything else? Had it just been something that her lonely mind had created to show her Sasuke? The one that she had missed for so long, had his arrival and his message simply been a fabrication? Sakura couldn’t believe it.

“Sakura-chan! Come on your going to be late,” Naruto said from outside the tent. Sakura know realized something. She wasn’t alone. She was with most of her friends. And as things got better, she would soon be with all of them. “I’m coming!” Sakura said and ran towards her two friends.

Sakura had left with two of her friends.

Soon, she would return with three.