TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


She Was Supposed To Kill Him... by DragonFable

[Reviews - 20]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Wheee! A Tobi story~!
"Ohishi Joruri?"

"Hai, she is capable of the job."

"A girl? I don't think..."

"There is nothing to worry about. She may be eccentric in how she carries out her missions, but she can complete them. And what the hell is wrong with sending a girl to do it?"

"G-gomenasai, Tsunade-sama..."

"Whatever, just go send for her," Tsunade said, waving the man off.

"Hai, Tsunade-sama." He bowed quickly before departing.

Tsunade leaned back in her chair,"Hopefully this won't take too long..." she sighed.

"Uhm... Tsunade...?" Shizune, Tsunade's assisnt, stammered.

"What is it, Shizune?"

"I think she may all ready be here..."

"Hum, not long at all! Where is she?"

Joruri had been sitting in a crouch postion on the railing of the balcony just outside the Hokage's office. Her head was tilted downwards, her short, boyish hair fell in her eyes.

Her attire reflected her personality; unique. Bandages covered her body from neck to ankle, a purple midriff with silver triming covered her torso with matching shorts. Black gloves covered not only her hand, but her entire arm on either side. Over all of this was black sleeveless jacket with coattails that reached her heels.

Joruri stood up slowly, her black staff in hand. "Joruri? I have a mission for you," Tsunade said, waving for her to come in.

Joruri touched the staff to the ground and pushed her weight onto it, stepping off of the stone railing and into the office. "What is it this time...?"

"This is a B Ranked mission. I need you to locate and spy on the Akatsuki until said other wise," Tsunade explained.

"Locate?" Joruri scoffed,"Don't you think that's a bit much...?"

"Not by your standards. It really shouldn't be too difficult, it's been done before."

"Fine, but I'll need a few things first."

"Here it comes..." Tsunade sighed.

"I'll need two Chuunin level shinobi who are advanced in taijutsu. And I'd also like to be garaunteed a spot on ANBU Black Ops," Joruri listed off with her fingers.

Tsunade sighed again"You know I can't allow that..."

"You know damn well that was an accident!" Joruri shouted, pounding her staff into the ground in rage.

"Mistakes are not allowed in the ANBU..."

"What happened...?" Shizune cut in.

"Joruri fell for a trap during a mission..."

"He was in plain sight! Anyone would've taken the opportunity!"

"You went after the goal alone when you should've waited for your team. You can't just do everything by yourself. And with that being said, I will grant you the two Chuunins. But why only a Chuunin level? You are a Jounin, right?"

"Yes I am..." Joruri grumbbled.

"Fine. Shizune, summon for me please..." Tsunade's voice trailed off as she opened a cabnet and pulled out a folder. She leafed through the files of Chuunin until she finally pulled two out. "Summon Inoue Shunsuke and Yanagawa Toson."

~*~

Joruri stood in the open front doorway, grinning. This shouldn be a fun mission...

She stepped into her house, closing the door behind her. Trekking through the crowded main room, she reached a narrow hallway. The corridor was lined with doors that led to empty rooms, only the last door at the end of the hall was of any relevance.

Behind that door was again, just another room with the light switch all ways turned up. But once the switch was flipped down, the room's walls would drop down into the floor while steel shelves emerged and took their place.

And on these steel shelves were weapons ranging from sharp to blunt. Two giant kunais would hang from the ceiling, swinging slightly.

Joruri smirked as she walked down the hall and towards her special room, pulling out the key from her back pouch. Of course, any idoit could accidentally trip the switch, meaning the door was to be locked at all times.

Joruri stuck the key into the lock and twisted. The door swung open and Joruri reached for the switch.

Once flipped, the room changed as predicted. When it finished, Joruri walked over to the two giant kunais and cut the strings holding them up and stepped back as they fell to the ground.

She took a pair of suspenders from the steel shelves. Joruri then picked up the giant kunais and placed them in the holsters on the suspenders before straping them on herself.

Next, she filled the several smaller holsters on the inside of her jacket with regular sized kunais. That should be all for now...

Joruri walked towards the door, flipping the switch back up and locking the door again as she closed it behind her.

"Good grief, that didn't take long at all!" Toson eclaimed sarcastically.

Inoue side-glanced at him with disgust, before turing his attention back to Joruri,"Where is it we're going?"

"Are you two familiar with an orginazation called the Akatsuki?" Joruri asked.

They all stood outside Joruri's house where Inoue and Toson had been waiting.

"Some, why?" Inoue asked.

Joruri smirked,"Then are you two afraid of death?"

"Very," Toson answered with a grin.

Inoue glared at him whereas Joruri rolled her eyes. "In this mission, you two will be putting your lives on the line daily, myself included. With that being said, train all that you can today. Tomorrow we leave for Tasogaregakure."

"How soon tomorrow?" Inoue asked.

"Dawn," Joruri answered simply.

"Dawn!?" Toson complained obnoxiously.

~*~

Joururi sat on the roof of her house came time for nightfall. The wind rustled her coattails and whiped her short black hair into her face.

She'd be leaving for Tasogaregakure in a few hours, at least a day's walk from here. Tasogaregakure, the village hidden in the dusk, was the most logical place for the Akatsuki to hideout. The village was made for rejects, missing-nins. Wasn't that all the Akatsuki was? A teenage steriotype gang that only wanted whatever demon a Jinchuuriki possessed.

So what was so special about them? Why did they need to be spied on?

Wanting to find out the answers right now, Joruri stood up and jumped down from the roof, now heading towards the training grounds.