TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Chemical Reaction by LittleCrane

[Reviews - 102]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Sasuke doesnt play piano in the show... because the show isnt mine! This is though... so read and review!

Ok 2nd chapter. Enjoy
Sasuke had never been angrier in his entire life. Just thinking about Uzumaki Naruto made him mad! And, seeing as he couldn’t get the handsome blonde off his mind, he was always angry.
'Fuck... why can’t I stop thinking about that asshole? Stupid dobe!'
Sasuke was really regretting hitting that tree so many times. Even though it had made him feel better, it had torn up the skin on his knuckle, marring the smooth white surface. It was also bruised and quite swollen. Sasuke grimaced as he checked out his damaged hand.
'Damn him...'


Naruto went through the rest of the day.... rather peeved to be perfectly honest. He couldn’t get that damn Sasuke out of his head. Why? Why was the boy here when he clearly didn’t care about his music?
'I have to talk to him... find out why he is studying music. I haven’t seen that much skill in someone so young in a long time... but it’s totally wasted on that kid. If he doesn’t learn to feel his music, I swear... I'll fail him. How could none of the other teachers picked up on this?'
Naruto strode through the corridors. He didn’t like being hung up on one student. Sure, this school was full of elites, but that didn’t mean they didn’t all need attention. Sasuke was blinding proof of that.
'The top student in the year is a complete dunce... how does that happen?'

"Hey Sasuke! You look even shittier than usual. What’s up?"
Sasuke didn’t bother turning around. He knew who it was.
"Shut it Neji, I’m not in the mood."
Neji grinned.
"When are you ever in the mood? So... what happened?"
Sasuke sighed, and ran his hand through his midnight hair, looking up at the sky. The girls around the two boys swooned; I mean... they were the hottest guys in Konoha. Said boy totally ignored the silly bitches.
"Do you have that new teacher? Uzumaki Naruto?"
Neji frowned slightly.
"Yeah. Why? Got the hots for him?"
Sasuke grimaced and made a weak swing at Neji.
"No you fucken sicko... god... is that all you think about? No, he's my Piano Prac teacher."
Neji raised a delicate eyebrow.
"So? Your music prac teachers basically cream whenever you walk into a room."
Sasuke frowned at the boy.
"You really are crude sometimes. Well... you might have a slight point. But my point is that this one didn’t. This one said I wasn’t god enough."
Neji's other eyebrow went up in surprise.
"What? The great Uchiha Sasuke not good enough? You're the best in the school... how much better does he want?"
"Apparently my playing is perfect but my performance is lacking... what the fuck does that mean anyway?"
Neji smiled at the other boy. It wasn’t often; ok it wasn’t ever, that Sasuke was told he wasn’t good enough. It must have been really worrying him to bring it up.
"I thought you didn’t care about music that much?"
"I don’t."
"Well... there you go for one thing. For another, if you don’t care about music then I wouldn’t worry about that too much."
"What do you mean 'there you go'?"
"I mean that if you don’t care then obviously you aren’t going to put your heart into your playing. That’s probably what he means."
Sasuke frowned, and kicked at a rock that was in front of him.
"Why? Why are people getting caught up in this whole 'you need to be passionate' bullshit anyway? Fuck..."
Neji smiled... people don’t get under Sasuke's skin easily... Naruto obviously had.
"Look, don’t worry about it. Just forget him... let’s get some food. I’m starved."
Sasuke silently agreed and they walked over to one of the cafe's the Academy had.
'Damn you Naruto. Leave me alone!'


"Uzumaki sensei! Uzumaki sensei!!!"
Naruto turned around when he heard someone call his name. It was the end of the day... couldn’t he go home?
"Yes? Ah... Hyuuga Neji isn’t it?"
The brunette boy nodded his head as he caught his breath.
"What can I do for you?"
"You dropped this at the bottom of the stairs... thought I’d bring it back."
Neji handed Naruto the book he was holding in his hand.
"Oh thanks. Baa chan would have had my head if I had of lost this. Thanks heap Neji."
Naruto turned to walk away when he heard Neji speak again.
"You really got under his skin... do you know that?"
Naruto turned back to face the handsome boy. He raised an eye brow.
"Oh? And who might that be?"
"Uchiha Sasuke. He can’t stop bitching about the class."
Naruto grinned.
"Ah yes... that one. I have to tell you it’s been playing on my mind as well... So he's really shitty is he?"
Neji was a little taken aback by Naruto's casual attitude, but then remember he is only a few years older than them. Grinning, he replied.
"Yeah. He told me what happened. Sounds like you really got to him."
"Good. I want him to be angry. Or at least to be not so apathetic. He plays better when he's mad."
"Better? He said he played it like shit."
Naruto's grin turned fox like.
"Oh, he did. Absolutely butchered that piece. But it was fiery. It was... exciting. You could tell he was angry. It didn’t sound like an armature trying to play a song out of their depth; it sounded like a pro, working some shit out of their system. Much better to listen to than the boring stuff he producers in his normal mood. Shit... I gotta run. I'll see you tomorrow Neji. Bye!" And with that Naruto turned and ran in the opposite direction. Neji stood there watching the handsome blonde's retreating back.
'He'll either save Sasuke's music career... or he'll destroy it... I wonder which one it will be?'


Sasuke was not a happy boy. Here he was, sitting at the piano, once again across from Uzumaki Naruto.
"Lucky you Uchiha. You won’t have to work with me all class... just most of it. I’m going to make you great... so you might as well get used to the idea of me. Now, we're going to work on that Chopin piece from yesterday. Begin."
Sasuke gritted his teeth, and began the song.
"Stop. Do it again."
Sasuke's nostrils flared. Drawing in a deep breath he channelled all his anger into his fingers, concentrating on the music. He was about to start playing when someone called for Naruto.
"Shit... ok. You practice. Practice with feeling or I’ll come back here and make you play it so many times you will want your finger to fall off. Now, play." Naruto went off to help out the girl calling for him.
Sasuke sat, staring at the piano. This song... he could really grow to hate this song. He could really grow to hate this school... to hate music all together.
'How? How is it that this one man is having such an effect on my emotions?'
No one had ever challenged Sasuke before. When he was younger he had to take some constructive criticism... but no one had ever been like Naruto. No one had ever held in their hand Sasuke's emotions, and been able to use them against him like this.
'It's so frustrating!'
Sasuke pounded his anger into the keys, playing, not the Chopin song, but one of his own. He didn’t even notice Naruto standing behind him with the headphones. When Sasuke finished the song, Naruto spoke.
"I don’t believe I know that... who is the composer?"
Sasuke glared at him.
"Ah... you am I right?"
Sasuke just continued to glare.
"It was a good piece. Id just change one thing. Here, put these on."
Handing Sasuke the headphones, Naruto sat down next to him and played the piece again, purely from memory. He played it almost the same, but sped the song up, somehow making the song seem more... soulful, more haunting. Sasuke was shocked. He didn’t know that song could sound like that.
"It’s a good piece. It probably sounds better when you play it though... personal pieces always do."
Sasuke didn’t say anything, he just stared.
"Now... play that Chopin piece again."


Sasuke had to re-evaluate the blonde. So maybe he wasn’t a complete idiot. Clearly he was a good musician. He managed to improve Sasuke's song one hundred fold, and played it back by memory, after only listening to it once! Even Sasuke had to admit that was a pretty amazing fete.
'Ok, just because he is good doesn’t mean he knows what he is talking about!... ok so maybe it does! It doesn’t stop him from being the most obnoxious, annoying person I have ever met!'

'If that boy can write music like that... how is it that he is completely passionless about everything else!? That music... it was good... very good. It needed a little tweaking, but what music doesn’t? And he played it so well! I wonder what mind set he was in when he wrote that... why did he write it? Was it for an assignment.. Or was it just because he needed to let it out? God... that boy is frustrating!'
Naruto hit his head on the wheel of his car as he drove home.
'Maybe there is hope for him... if he can write like that then maybe he does have some fire in that belly of his.... now... how to get that belly fire out?'


"Ok class. Welcome back today. Yesterday was a good class... productive. Today I want to talk about you're first assignment. I know it’s only the third class, but its due in week 6, which really isn’t all that far away. The task is to compose a piece of music that reflects something. Anything. I've decided to add a little personal twist to this. Here, in this hat, is a bunch of topics. You will all choose one. That is the theme around which you will construct your music. Here, in this tub, are a bunch of journals. Basically, you're going to keep track of your emotions when you're composing your music. Ok? Not too hard. When I call your name, take out one topic from the hat, and a journal."
Naruto began calling the names of students. Finally he reached Sasuke.
"Uchiha. Your turn."
Sasuke rolled his eyes as he walked up to the grinning Naruto.
"Good luck." Naruto whispered. Sasuke raised an eye brow...
'Good luck? Why would I need good luck?'
Reaching in, Sasuke felt around and pulled out the first bit of paper he came to. Opening it up, he read it to Naruto.
"Seven Deadly Sins. What the hell kind of topic is that?"
Naruto grinned.
"A very good one. One that is going to make you think. Now, take a journal. And I want that actually used Sasuke."
Sasuke sighed as he took the journal and moved back to his seat.
'Seven Deadly Sins? Fucken stupid topic if you ask me...'
'So... Uchiha got Seven Deadly Sins... I wonder what he'll do with that one... god knows I found it hard when I chose that in my Junior year...'

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fin

Ok Chapter 2 done. This is hard to write... but I know where it’s going so bear with me! Id love to hear what you think... if people don’t like it I won’t write more! So review! Thanks duckies!

LittleCrane