TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Learning to Dance In the Rain by A Vampires Butterfly

[Reviews - 6]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hi there! This is of course Violet or A Vampires Butterfly. This couple so deserves some love. I mean, they are so cute together!!! And Hinata and Kiba could have so many more plot lines to go with than Naruto and Hinata. Seriously Naruto and Hinata just seem to follow the same plot again and again 'Oh I love him but I can't tell him!' 'Oh I love her, but she is too good for me!' 'I will tell him, no matter what.' Then she tells him at a dance or something. 'OMG she loves me? I love her too!' Then a kiss and it all ends happily ever after. Yeah blah blah blah....I don't know, I personally think Kiba and Hinata could have a more interesting story. If not well then sorry I wasted your time with this!

Warning! Utter and complete fluff here. It may cause death and sneezing. You have been warned. Enjoy! With much love, A Vampires Butterfly ^.^
Kiba hated the rain.

He hated how it smelled. How it made everything dull in color. How it made everything wet and muddy. How the thunder scared his poor dogs. But most of all he hated how it made him and Akamaru smell.

That was why when it was time to take Akamaru on his daily walk, he cringed as a bolt of lightening lit up the sky and a low growl of thunder made its way through the house, causing some of the other dogs to run for cover next to their owners and best friends, even causing Akamaru to scramble into Kiba’s jacket and whimper pitifully at him.

Kiba scowled at the dark clouds, and gently lifted Akamaru out of his jacket and back on the ground, it was his walk after all, and he had to actually walk. Kiba took a moment to hate the world and hate the rain even more as he stood in front of his door, Akamaru hiding behind his legs as another lightening bolt ripped through the sky and thunder rumbled closer to their house.

Kiba sighed and opened the door, finding a wall of light rain greeting him. He growled at the water droplets and pulled his hood tighter over his head before walking out into the cold water. Akamaru followed sadly, trying to shake off the water with each step he took, but before long gave up.

Both started to regretfully walk through the trees, mud, and water. Kiba cursed under his breath every time his feet sunk into a mud hole, making him have to pull it out and hearing that sickening sound as his foot was returned to him. He looked over at the poor puppy beside him who looked like a half drowned sewer rat. Mud spattered on his pants legs, making them slick with the brown slime and rain still continued to soak through ever piece of clothing he had on, from his jacket to his pants and hell he could even swear he felt his underwear getting soaked by the damn water droplets of doom.

All and all, Kiba hated the rain.

He could smell both him and Akamaru and they both stunk, you know the smell, the wet dog smell, the smell that gets into your nose and never wants to leave, the damp, musky smell that clings to your clothes and hair and makes you never want to give your dog a bath again. Yeah, that smell. Now pretend you just gave a hundred dogs a bath and they all just tackled you to the muddy ground that was what Kiba smelled right now.

Gods, he hated the rain.

Kiba and Akamaru soon neared the large clearing in the forest by their house that on sunny days they would use to play fetch in, but now it just felt like they were going to walk through a muddy sink hole in full view of the rain. Kiba glared at the upcoming clearing, then the mud, and then of course, the rain itself.

Apparently the rain hated him too.

Both Akamaru and Kiba reached the outer trees of the clearing and Kiba looked down at his poor half drowned rat looking puppy who whined and looked back at him, then they both looked at the clearing and prepared themselves to face the rain when they saw another figure enter the clearing before them.

“Hinata?” Kiba gasped in surprise then looked down at himself and quickly decided he didn’t want to be seen or smelled by her. He grimaced and hid behind the trees, Akamaru quickly followed suite, also not wanting to be seen and besides, now he didn’t have to go into the clearing.

Kiba watched as the shy girl stared up into the dark clouds, cold rain hitting her face and sliding down slowly, her hair was soaked and strands clung to her pale face, her eyes were closed, but the thing that stood out most was the smile on her face that seemed to grow as a bolt of lightening raced across the dark sky, thunder trailing after it with a low growl of hatred. Kiba didn’t understand this, but was too dumbstruck to really care.

Hinata slowly started to move and at first Kiba thought she was going to train, but her movements were more fluid and graceful then any training technique he had ever seen and as he stood watching he realized she was dancing. She moved through the rain as if she were part of the water itself, her movements were smooth and practiced, yet seemed as if they held no pattern at the same time.

Kiba leaned against the wet tree bark, watching her, entranced and awed by her beautiful performance. He watched as Hinata lifted a hand above her head, and spun once before jumping into the air, the rain washing over her, another shot of lightening lit up the evening sky, creating a spotlight over her, thunder rumbling, the only music she seemed to need, and the rain kept falling around her as she landed gracefully onto the damp ground.

She then took a stance Kiba had seen her use in training and had always wondered where she had learned, but now that he had his answer he wondered if this is how she always practiced alone.

Her hands lifted at her sides and she spun in a circle, eyes closed and her hands reaching higher and higher as she spun until they were above her head, her feet moving some how easily in the mud, her face was once again lifted towards the sky, and as she spun it seemed like that a clear ring circled her. She almost looked like some kind of beautiful fairy or goddess from a forgotten myth.

Kiba watched as she finally stopped spinning and opened her eyes as the lightening flashed again, she seemed so happy, so care free. Kiba had never seen her like this, never seen her so open. She was beautiful.

But the picture was broken as Akamaru stepped on a sharp twig and yipped in pain. Kiba’s eyes widened as he turned around to shush the yipping puppy, but it was too late. Hinata was now facing them, her eyes wide in fear as she saw the back of Kiba’s soaked jacket and a crying Akamaru at his feet.

Kiba turned around to face a very shocked Hinata, who looked about ready to faint. She looked so different from how she was only moments ago, before she was free and happy, now it was like she was back in a shell, wincing at the sound of thunder and blushing at the sight of Kiba. And he didn’t like it. He really didn’t like it.

He hated it more than the rain.

With that thought he got a determined look on his face and walked up to Hinata and took her hand in his, before leading her back into the center of the clearing.

“W-what are you doing, K-Kiba-kun?” she stammered softly, looking up at him with wide violet eyes. He just grinned down at her and looped an arm loosely around her waist.

“I’m learning how to dance in the rain.” He answered and as lightening lit up the clearing he started to move back and forth with her in a steady rhythm. She looked up at him and blushed before placing a hand on his shoulder and entwining her fingers with his.

Kiba grinned and started to twirl them around the clearing, some how able to ignore the cold rain trickling down his coat or the fact that his hood had slipped over his head at some point and now his hair was getting matted to his scalp. No, now all that mattered was the smile that slowly appeared on Hinata’s face as they kept dancing in the rain.

Kiba gently spun Hinata, before pulling her closer to him, unable to tear his eyes away from the smile that brightened up her pale face and sent a small twinkle to her eyes. It made him overjoyed that he had caused the smile and he grinned wider and leaned down, watching with warm brown eyes as her eyelids fluttered over her eyes for a moment before closing completely and waiting calmly. Time seemed to stop, even the rain seemed to stop falling as Kiba met Hinata’s lips and they shared a warm, sweet, slow kiss in the rain.

Nothing could ruin this moment, not even the rain still falling, or the thunder rumbling, no not even the lightening could ruin their time dancing in the rain.

At least until Akamaru came up and tried to pee on his leg.

Kiba some times really hated his best friend.
Hinata blushed and backed away from their embrace, hand slipping out of his. She looked at him for a moment before leaning down and petting Akamaru and then kissing him softly and quickly on the cheek.

“I-I’ll see you later, Kiba-k-kun.” She said gently before turning to go home, but before she did she looked over her shoulder,

“M-maybe next time I can teach you more about d-dancing in the r-rain.” She said and smiled before disappearing in the dark trees. Kiba grinned and held a hand to his cheek.

Kiba loved the rain.

At least until he smelt Akamaru and him.

Okay, maybe he just liked the rain.