TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Touching A Soul by animeangelspet

[Reviews - 14]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I don't own any of the characters only the plot :)
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Prologue:
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

The blonde fell to the ground in a huge heap. He groaned and shakily got to his feet, revealing a pair of pure-white wings that glittered when the rising sun hit them. Blue eyes widened in confusion as he looked around the forest in which he had landed in.
"W-what the hell happened? First I'm falling then I'm taking a nose-dive through into trees! And what did Kyuubi mean by me having to help someones soul?" The angel growled as his wings fidgited, making the feathers ruffle around. Naruto sighed in defeat before walking to his faverite spot. The cemetary. His bare feet barely made a sound on the rocky trail as he passed many graves until stopping when he heard a sobbing noise. Curiousity getting the better of him, the blonde haired angel followed the sound until he spotted a raven haired boy curled up on two graves crying loudly.
"Distress, pain, anger and hate. Now I know what the Kyuubi wants." Naruto thought before vanishing with the wind.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Chapter one
Meeting Sasuke
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Sasuke threw his suitcases on his bed as hard as he could. Pissed wasn't a strong enough word to describe how angery he was.
"I can't believe that I'm going to have a roommate. Actually, I can't believe I was sent to this boarding school." Sasuke growled savagly as he glared at the other bed across the room and closest to the window.On the bed was two big neon orange bags that looked out of place on the white sheets. Sasuke tore open a suitecase and grabbed his clothes before putting them neatly into one of the two closets. He heard the door open and he spun around to meet his roommate. His eyes widened for a fraction of a second as his eyes met a blonde haired boy with crystal blue eyes that seemed to look into the boys soul. The boy was wearing a orange suite that made him clash with the whole room. The blonde grinned and rubbed the back of his head making Sasuke notice 3 whisker marks on each of his cheeks. This got Sasuke into a awkward position for two reasons.
One, he was gay.
Two, he thought his roommate was hot. Sasuke mentally groaned and cursed the evil fate that watched over him.
"Uh hey! Guess you're my new roommate. I'm Naruto."
"Sasuke." The black haired boy answered as coldly as he could, not wanting to get close to the blonde. He turned around and finish unpacking. Naruto studied him through the corner of his eye as he also finished unpacking. After a few minutes of unpacking and stuffing stuff in his closet, Naruto studied the room more. It was if there was a giant mirror in the room both halves looking alike. On both sides of the room there were wooden desks with shelves and a laptop, closets and the beds that were nearly higher than Naruto himself. The only thing seperating Sasuke and his sides was the window beside Naruto's bed that showed a pretty cool view of the campus, them being on fourth floor. There were three buildings that made up the boarding school. One was for the boys rooms, one for the girls rooms and the last one was for classes. What made Naruto happy was it was near a forest just outside the city. He made mental note to go there after walking around the city when he had the chance.
"Besides the window this room is pretty boring," Naruto thought dully as he sat on his bed and looked out the window. It was a perfect day, the sun beating down and the wind softly blowing the clouds away. "This is the perfect weather to go flying." Naruto was dragged back to Earth when a boy walked in. He was wearing a big grey hoodie with a fur rimmed hood with matching pants and had two red fangs tattoed on his cheeks.
"Sup everyone, I'm Kiba, your dorm room neighbor." Naruto instantly liked Kiba so he grinned.
"I'm Naruto!"
"Cool, want to hang out for lunch?"
"Sure, wanna come?" Naruto asked turning to Sasuke who was ignoring what was happening. Sasuke turned and seemed to debate before shaking his head and going back to what he was doing.
-Great, he's anti-social. That is not good.-
"Okay, your loss." Naruto said with a shrug before jumping off the bed and leaving the room with Kiba. Sasuke watched them leave the room before slowly and dejectedly climbing onto his bed to take a nap.
Kiba dragged Naruto to the cafeteria that was located in the classes building before stopping to look for his friends that he wanted Naruto to meet. Naruto looked around the cafeteria, amazed at how much it resembled a regular high school cafeteria with its round tables with high chairs surrounding them and the long counter full of food. Behind the counter were people busy serving the food and replacing the missing food from the door behind them that lead to the kitchen. Overall the whole Cafeteria was packed with different kinds of people. Kiba suddenly spotted a group of people across the room and he dragged Naruto over.
"There you guys are! This is Naruto. Naruto, this is Shikamaru, Choji, Lee and Shino."
"Hey."
"Troublesome."
"Yosh another youthfull spirit."
"Hello." Choji was a roundish person that was eating his way through bags full of chips. Shikamaru was a very lazy looking guy with a ponytail, Lee was dressed in green spandex and Shino wore sunglasses and big hoodie that covered most of his face.
"Hey." Naruto said happily as he and Kiba sat down. He was glad that he made a few friends on his first day of boarding school. After everyone had a few burgers they decided to walk around the campus, talking about what kind of teachers they might have.
"I'm telling you, we'll get a teacher who's going to be a freaky munchkin!"
"No, it's going to be a person who escaped from a mental institute."
"We'll get a teacher who will teach us the beauty of the world and get us in touch with our spirits!!"
"..."
"..."
"..."
"Lee, where did you come up with that?"
"My spirit!" Silence followed as they walked up the corridors until Naruto noticed a door with a number on it.
"Hey, what's that door for?"
"Oh that? That leads to the roof but it's locked." Naruto nodded before the resumed walking again.
After a while, Naruto looked at his watch and saw that it was 7:00.
"Ah, crap, I got to get going." The boys nodded and continued walking as Naruto rushed off towards his dorm room. It was getting late and he did need to do some stuff but fist he had something important first. Naruto stopped at the door he had seen earlier and saw that it was indeed locked. Naruto looked around to make sure that the hallways were empty before placing his hand on the doorknob. Naruto closed his eyes in consentration and his hand began to glow white and there was a click. The glow quickly disappeared and Naruto opened his eyes before opening the door revealing a staircase leading up. Naruto stepped onto the first step and closed the door and made sure it was locked before climbing the rest of the stairs. He kept on walking tiredlessly until he reached another door exactly as the one he entered from. Naruto opened the door which surprisingly wasn't locked. Naruto stepped out of the stairwell and onto the roof. He unzipped his jumper shirt and slid it off before taking off his back tee-shirt. His wings spreaded out and he sighed happily as the breeze ruffled his wings and hair.
"This feels so good. That jumper is hot." Naruto thought before sighing heavily. He needed to do this now. He bit his thumb and let a drop of blood hit the ground.
"Kyuubi summoning" Naruto chanted and the drop of blood expanded and took form of a fox. It looked like a regular fox despite of it's blood colored fur except that it had nine tails which swayed in the wind.
"Kyuubi, I don't know what to do."
~And here I thought you did. There is a boy who obviously needs your help and you need to find out his problem and help him heal. Simple.~ The fox spoke in a deep growling voice. Naruto frowned slightly.
"But I'm not a guardian angel and well, I'M NOT HUMAN!!" The fox stared at Naruto before laughing.
Look, do you want to help him or not?
"Well, yeah."
~Good, then what you need to do is give up most of your angelic powers and store it in a fox jewel, which will basically turn you into a boy.~
"What! Then I'll be powerless for my real job!"
~No, you won't. You will still be able to use some of your powers and still have use of your wings which will be pinned to your back until they are needed. You will be able to summon the rest of your powers when you really need them and you will still be able to contact me.~
"This sounds like a bad idea."
~Look, you can back out if you want and leave a boy only you can help all alone to die and you know what? It will be all your fault.~ The fox snarled angerily.
"Okay, okay. I'll do it." The angel said in defeat. He couldn't leave a helpless soul alone and Kyuubi knew that damn well.
~Good.~ Naruto sighed as the blood lost it's shape and turned back into a single drop. Beside it was a small crystal in the shape of a nine tailed fox. When the light hit it right it turned into a orangey-red color. As soon as Naruto touched the fox he felt like his very soul was leaving him through his fingertips. Then there was a searing pain on his back leaving him breathless. Naruto waited until the burning sensation completely stopped before looking at his bare back. His wings had disappeared but was replaced with something that looked like wings that were tattoed. The wings were exaclty like Naruto's other wings, they started at the same place but they were tattoed all the way to his hips.
"Well, at least it will be easier to hide them," Naruto thought as he put on his black tee-shirt and tied his orange sweater around his waist. "It's comfy and all but it is seriously hot!" Naruto pocketed the jewel and walked back to his dormroom. It was late and for the first time in a long time, Naruto was tired and exhausted. Naruto opened his door and heard a slight whimpering. Naruto quickly turned on the light so he could see. He saw Sasuke curled up in a ball, whimpering and shaking. Naruto saw tears running down his face. Naruto's eyes softened a great deal and he placed the fox jewel on his desk before he walked to Sasuke. Naruto lightly placed a hand on Sasuke's forehead and closed his eyes as he felt a vision coming.

As soon as nine year old Sasuke stepped into the house he knew something was wrong. There was a cold and dreadful atmosphere that made him want to run as fast as he could but he didn't. He wanted to find his mommy and Daddy and make sure they were okay then run. He ran to his parents room and flung the door open. He screamed at what met his eyes. In the middle of the room was his mother and father dead, and covered in blood. Sasuke's body froze as the smell of blood intoxicated him. He heard a noise behind him, snapping him out of his frozen state and he quickly spun around. Itachi stared down at him making Sasuke's eyes look away. They instead fell on the knife that Itachi was holding. His heart skipped a beat as he saw blood dripping off it.
"You see little brother, how weak our parents were. You are just as weak. If you ever want revenge you need to grow up in hatred and loneliness, never depending on human contact if you ever wish to kill me." Sasuke's mind spun to his parent's dead faces, to the murderous intent in his brothers eyes to the blood dripping of the knife. Sasuke did the one thing he can do, he fainted.
Naruto's eyes snapped open as he fell to his knees. He held his head tightly as the afterglow of the vision pounded in his head. Naruto lay there for a while as he gathered his bearings. He shakily got to his feet and looked at the boy. Sasuke had stopped shaking, signalling that the dream had ended.
"But it wasn't a dream was it? It was a memory. Sasuke, I promise to do everything I can to help you." Naruto slowly leaned over and lightly kissed Sasuke on the forehead. Sasuke slowly stopped crying and fell into a deep dreamless sleep. Naruto moved away and moved some of the black hair away from Sasuke's face. Naruto stayed for a few more minutes before going to his own bed. He lay down and stared out the window and at the shining full moon. Sasuke's memory kept replaying in his head until he drifted into a light sleep.