TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shadowed Love- Part 1 (Shikamaru) by blackdogdemon89

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Memo: This is a love story between you and Shikamaru Nara. If you start to think the story is not to your appeal, then please just stop reading, ok? It's really not that hard... Anyways, I'm not gonna change your name so when this, ________, appears, pretend it's your name. *sigh* Ok, now the boring crap is over! (Yay!)
Sitting there in the moon light, the blood trickled down your cheek after a slap from the beating of your drunken father. This... happened to you, normally, so you where kind of used to it.

Your father would take, wait scratch that, drag you out of your room after... about 5- 6 bottles of sake. Then, you know, after all the hitting and kicking and crap, eventually your dad would drop dead, asleep in this case. After he was out cold you'd just crawl, limp or how ever you managed to move, would go into your room and just gaze up at the stars. No reason why but, they seemed to heal away the pain; all the cuts and lumps of muscles all tightened up in a ball, they'd just flow away.

Now, your mother had died from an assassination, or ambush you might say, between Sound and Leaf villages. Your mother got caught between one of the Leaf and Sound ninjas that where cutting through each other like mad dogs. She, too, was fighting for the Leaf village but, she wasn't one who survived. This was what started your dad's drinking habit. It was tearing him apart; inside and out.

But, somehow, you managed through it all. For one you had some good friends by your side. But, the real big thing that kept you going was your mom. Now, even though she wasn't with you any more, you still kept going, even when it hurt. You had made a commitment after your mother's death; it was to become strong and never give into evils grasp of hate which was what had taken your mother away, her soul.

So, you got up the next morning feeling, happy. Usually, you where tired and sore after getting beaten into a senseless pulp, but today was different, way different! Now in your cloths, you quietly tip- toed out of your house, past your still knocked out dad. Slowly past all the empty sake bottles, past the toppled over chairs, and to the door but, right as your reached out for the door knob, you dad shot up. You froze, hand still on the knob. He looked around, mumbled something, and then dropped dead, again. Then, letting out a shallow sigh of relief, you snuck out of the house, but in which you called hell.

Sun shinning, bird chirping, clouds in the sky, today was your day. You walked along the streets of Konoha in the crisp morning air. You came up to a fruit stand, without breakfast but with change in your pocket, you bought an apple and continued walking. You didn't know where you were going, but your legs just kept moving, suddenly bringing you to the training grounds. There where a few people there; Sasuke, Lee, Tenten, and Kiba.
"Hey, guys! What's up?" You yelled out waving. Everyone looked up from their activity, waving back.
"G' morning, ________! You're up a little early today." Tenten said in greeting. You walked up next to her, giving her a high- five, then smiling.
"Yes! Why are you up so early today, ________?" Lee began questioning. "It is not like you. Are you feeling ok?" You just smiled at him.
"Lee, I'm fine." You intended, patting him on the shoulder.
Sasuke smirked. "Yeah, Lee, she's fine. Besides, even she can get up early to train." You immediately turned the smile around.
"And what does that mean?!" You got up in Sasuke's face, who was still smirking.
"Nothing, I'm only saying..." He eyed you, but you ignored it.
"There's a fight, already? What did I miss?" It was Kiba. You turned around and put the smile back on.
"Hey, Kiba!" You said, giving him a high- five. He smiled back.
"Nothing much, I'm guessing, how are you?" Akamaru came out from Kiba's jacket, barking happily.
"Good... Oh, hey there, Akamaru." You pat the dog lightly on the head, then stood up strait. "Well, I guess I'll see ya later, guys!"
Everyone looked at you. "But you just got here..." Tenten marked. You turned around while walking away.
"Yeah I know, but I promised Shikamaru that I'd hang with him for a little while. Bye!" You turned forward and ran.

Grazing up the grassy hill in the cool breeze, you began looking for Shika. You looked over to your sides as you neared to top of the hill. 'He should be here...' You thought as you looked back, reaching the very top of the hill.
"It's about time you got here." It was Shikamaru, laying there in the grass, gazing up at the clouds. You rolled your eyes, sitting down next to him.
"Sorry, I just said hi to the guys on my way over." You brought your knees up, wrapping your arms around your legs, still managing to see the sky. "It's beautiful out."
Shikamaru sighed. "Sure is..." The breeze blew by as a silence came with it.
"You know, sometimes I wish I could just sit out here all day on days like these and just stare up at the sky... *sigh*" Shika put his arms over his head lying there on the ground. You looked over to him, smiling, then lying down still looking at him.
"Hey, ya know what I think?" You said after a moment. "Maybe, my dad will drink so much he'll finally kill his lazy ass off. Then I'll be free!" Shika looked over to you.
"Why do you keep talking about your dad dying? Don't you want that to never happen or somethin'...?" Shikamaru lagged. You sat up.
"Oh please, you don't know my dad. If you had to live with him, you'd wish he was dead!" You messed around with your hair, hiding your face. Shika got up, a little concerned as it would seem.
"Hey, ________, what is it?" He put a hand to your shoulder, but you brushed it away.
"N-Nothing... I'm fine..." Your arm came up, covering your face, trying to keep back the tears. Shika looked at you.
"Hey, you know you can tell me what's up, right?" Shikamaru asked, putting his hand back on your shoulder. You looked up to him, faintly smiling, and then nodding slightly. Shika rubbed your shoulder in comfort until he suddenly stopped.
"Hey, ________, what's with the huge knot in your shoulder?" Shika asked in concern. Your shoulders dropped with a sigh. You reached out to the edge of your shirt by your right shoulder.
"Usually I don't tell anyone, actually, I never tell anyone about this, but..." You dropped the edge of your shirt, baring your wounded shoulder. Shika looked in surprise.
"Dang! What happened to you? You're... You're all beaten up!" Shika jumped.
Yes, it was true; you where all beaten up. Your shoulder was stained with blood and was turning purple! You pulled up your shirt and turned towards Shika.
"Shikamaru, I never ever tell anyone how or why I get beaten up like this, but I will tell you because..." You sighed away. Shika looked at you, waiting.
"Yeah..." You looked back up.
"It's because I trust you; I trust you more than anyone else here, Shikamaru!" You looked down, a hand up to your mouth. Shika only stared at you.
"Y-You do?" Shika asked calmly. You nodded, but still looking down. Shika smiled and put an arm around you; making you two look towards the sky. "Well that's nice to know, 'cause I trust you too, _______." You looked up; turning to Shika smiling face, making you smile.
"Thanks, Shikamaru." You said as you looked up to the sky.
The sun hung over you two as you began sharing privet secrets to each other. Now, you where beginning to feel some new emotion that you really have never felt before. You felt confident and that you could spill everything to Shika; it was trust, pure, innocent trust between best friends.