TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


High School by Storm by kkaorix

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: My first fan-fic.
It's pretty long and I've already wrote alot.
I hope you guys like it.

It has quite a few couples mentioned in it.
But it mainly focuses on Gaara and Kaori
with one-sided Deidara.
HIGH SCHOOL BY STORM
Chapter I & II: Welcome to Konoha
EDIT: May 18th 2007 I combined chapters once and two.

This is my first fan-fiction featuring the characters from the Naruto anime and follows the story of a fictional character I made up, which is somewhat based off of me.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the characters.
Naruto = Masashi Kimimoto ©
But Kaori and the plot belong to me.

The story will be mainly based on Kaori’s growing relations with the others, but mainly Gaara. There are a few other pairings in there and it’s basically a story of the characters in your average high school environment.

Please review. I’d like to know what you guys think.
I might rewrite the first couple of chapters… I promise the story gets better in the next couple of chapters! I swear!
Enjoy!

Konohagakure Academy. “So this is the infamous Konoha High School I heard so much about? Well it looks decent.” She said out loud to the blonde pony tailed girl beside her.

What’s so great about it? Just another dirt hole filled with immature little brats.

”I really think you’re going to like it here, I promise you things are going to be better”

”Thanks Temari, I’ll find my way from here. You’ll be late for class now if you wait for me, so you should hurry”

”Alrighty, let me know if you need anything” Temari responded cheerfully.

Good old Temari, she’s always been sort of like a mother to me. Although I’m not quite sure what that’s like. I’ve got a weird feeling about this place, but at least I can start over new...who knows, maybe it will actually be as decent as they said it was.

She grabbed her final belongings from the bus and walked hesitantly across the pathway that leads to the enormous dorm rooms. It’s a cold brisk autumn afternoon, weather that was the exact opposite to what she is used to in Sunagakure. She didn’t quite take her quick youthful steps in which she normally does when she walks, but instead timidly walked towards the tall main entrance doors.

But I hope this isn’t just another mistake…

There were sounds of nearby chatter of the many students assembled quickly into the courtyard to exit the school. She then realized that she had been standing around the whole last period of the day just looking around the school grounds. She stood observing the types of people there was on the campus as they exited the school building. She was always a people observer, it’s not like she wasn’t social by any means, and she was in fact very friendly and cheerful…on the outside. She just was a completely different person on the inside, never actually allowing herself to get very close to others, which is probably why she didn’t have many close friends in her life, and she always spent the majority of her life alone. But was she sick of it?

She took a deep breath and opened the door to the lobby of the dormitories. As she peaked shyly through the squeaky main doors she discovered a woman who seemed to be a teacher.

She had long wavy brown hair and beautiful red eyes, kind of like the one she had. The woman had a clipboard placed up to her face and seemed to be examining it closely but still seemed to have spotted her instantly and proceeded to walk over to her.

“Oh hello there, you must be the new student here! Welcome to Konoha Academy, I’m Yuhi Kurenai, I’m the girl’s dorm leader, and you must be…”

”Yamauchi Kaori” she said as she removed the clipboard from her face to examine the girl in front of her. She seemed very different then the other girls at the school. She was significantly taller compared to the other girls and had a very athletic build. She had brownish red curly hair that went down past her shoulders. She wore a black tank top and worn jeans with a large chunky necklace, and a piercing on her nose. But the most abnormal things about her are that she had one blue eye and her hair in front of her face covered her other red eye. She also had left hand that looked slightly deformed, as if it was burned.

“Hai” Kaori simply responded.

”Well Kaori, I hope your school year here will be as great as possible, feel free to roam anywhere in the school grounds to get a look around, I’ll show you to your room” said Kurenai.

Kaori quickly followed in step behind her as she walked up the stairs into a long hallway.

“Let’s see here…” Kurenai began.
”Room 109…”
”Room 110…”
”Room 111, here we are.” She said and knocked on the door.

A door opened quickly and out came a girl with long black straight hair with thick rimmed glasses, and white unbuttoned shirt with a pink tank underneath and dark green capris. “What is it?” she asked confused.

”Karin-Chan, this is your new roommate, Yamauchi Kaori. She just came here from Sunagakure. She will be staying with us this semester, please help her unpack and try to get her around the campus”

”Yes Kurenai-sensei” Karin said obediently and grabbed one of the two suitcases that Kaori had with her.

”Well I’ll leave you both here, just remember I’ll normally always be in my office on the main floor if you need me” which were Kurenai’s final words as she turned towards the exit and left the two teenage girls in the dorm room.

Kaori starred into her new living area, it was a nice size with a single bunk bed which only seemed to have been occupied on the bottom half. There were two desks, one being empty, along with a side of a closet. There was a lot of other decoration added to the room.

“Well uhhmm….Hi” Karin said awkwardly trying to form some what of a conversation.

Karin has just gotten used to not having a roommate for the first semester since her best friend moved the previous freshman year. She wasn’t sure if she was ready for some other girl to just move in and replace her, but she would have to give it a try. She was very interested in her though, her look and attitude just seemed very different, and she was rather jealous of her already, she seemed very, very pretty, but she couldn’t be too quick to judge, she would just have to find out herself.

“Alright, well I’m sure you’re bored in here, so let’s get you settled really quickly. Are you hungry?” Karin managed to finally ask her.

Kaori was seemingly surprised that she was so friendly to her given her strange cold attitude she seemed to have when she first came in. “...Um, yes I suppose I am pretty hungry” she said.

“Well let’s go get something to eat. We’ll talk on the way. I want you to meet my friends, and we’ll show you around. So we’re going to have a lot to do today”

”Oh okay” Kaori said pleased and grabbed her long jacket because of the cool weather, and was mainly used to cover her left hand. She followed her roommate out the door, closing it behind her.


“I thought I saw you with Temari-san outside the school grounds earlier, do you know her already?” Karin asked her new roommate as they exited the dormitories.

“I guess you can say that…” Kaori began to say, but paused a little not knowing how to explain the rest, but then eventually came up with something quickly. “She looked after me when I was in Suna, she came back to bring me here as she had done, I don’t know much else about her though, and we’re not very close because we don’t see each other much, but she is very nice to me” Kaori said hesitantly.

“Well that’s nice of her to bring you here, I think you’ll like it, it can be a pain, but you just have to know the right things to do, and you’ll be fine. I guess it’s pretty cool that you already know a senior here then, considering Temari is a two years older then us…well you are sixteen, right?” Karin said.

“Hai, I’m sixteen, I’ve never been to a public school though” Kaori admitted.

“Hmm I see…” Karin said with a difficult face. “Well you’re going to have a lot to learn” Karin said with the first grin on her face Kaori had seen.



“Well here we are” Karin said waving her hands toward the direction of the restaurant in front of her.

Kaori looked confused at the small but seemingly cozy store in front of her. “Well I’ve never tried Ramen before” she said after reading the sign to the store.

“I know it’s nothing fancy, it’s just the place we all get together after school a lot; you’ll learn to love it.” She said and giggled a little.

“Don’t be shy, let’s go in!” Karin demanded and gave Kaori and friendly little push to force her inside.

“HEY KARIN” yelled a hyperactive blonde boy across the room which made many heads turn toward the two girls at the entrance. “Oh geez Naruto-kun…” Karin sighed. “I see we are in are usual spot again” Karin said and lead the way to a few booths in the back corner of the store as Kaori followed her like a little lost puppy.

“Ohh…” began the startled Naruto as he saw the girl hiding behind Karin, which didn’t really work because she was at least a couple inches taller. Naruto blinked a couple times and began again. “So the rumors are true, this must be that new girl from Suna!”

Naruto’s exclamation caused the rest of the group who were previously ignoring him turn around to examine the new face. “Hey! I’m Uzumaki Naruto!” the blonde boy began. Kaori could only stare back into the many sets of eyes that were fixed on her, and then looked back at the blonde now standing up from his seat.

“Oh…I’m Yamauchi Kaori, nice to meet you Uzumaki-san” she said without much emotion on her face, just starring at the boy in front of her who wore an orange t-shirt, black pants, an orange and blue hat, and a fox chain necklace around his small neck. He was shorter then her which made her eventually sneak in a small grin.

“Goodness Naruto! Baka!, you’re going to scare the poor girl, she just got here!” yelled another brown haired boy who had to red marks down his face and wore a black zip up jacket and grey baggy pants with a black belt and kept a small dog besides him.

“Ahh shut up Kiba, who asked you anyways, I’m just trying to be friendly!” Naruto yelled back at the boy.

“Be quiet you two! You’re going to get us kicked out again!” Karin yelled demandingly at the boys. “Okay so, everyone, this is Yamauchi Kaori, she another new arrival from Sunagakure, you should all get to know her because she is our age, so you’ll be seeing her in your classes I assume” Karin announced to the others.

“Kaori-san, this is Inuzuka Kiba, Nara Shikamaru, Haruno Sakura, Sai, and his girlfriend Yamanaka Ino. You’ve already met Naruto-kun.” Karin said pointed to each person as she recited their names.

They all said some sort of greeting back to the new girl as Kaori observed them all.

One had a ponytail at the top of his head and wore a black t-shirt under a green jacket. He seemed to be amused by throwing noodles in Naruto’s hair.

Another was a pink haired girl who wore a red headband with a white blouse with a red skirt, she was yelling at the other boy for meaninglessly throwing food at the blonde.

The other girl had long blonde hair in a neat ponytail at the side of her head; she wore a long purple shirt with long sleeves which covered up her short white shorts who flirted with the other boy with short black hair who wore a black and red striped polo and denim jeans.

“Well everyone isn’t here tonight, but maybe we’ll find the rest of them later” Karin said while looking over at the zoned out Kaori. “Are you okay?” Karin asked concerned at Kaori’s blank face.

“Oh yes, I’m fine…sorry” Kaori apologized for looking stupid in front of everyone.

“Let’s get some food over here, I’m starved.” Shikamaru finally piped up. “Yeah! I’m dying over here!” Naruto frantically yelled, and then turned to the new girl.

“Konoha is such an awesome place, believe it!” he started. “What brings you here to the academy?” he asked her and everyone at the table intently listened.

“Oh, well actually, I’ve been to Konohagakure in the past…” Kaori began, and had another lose of words, and started again, thinking it would be okay to share this bit of information with them. “I was born in Sunagakure, but after my mom passed away, I moved here with my cousin. He’s been my only true best friend but he moved here later on. I guess you can say ran away from my home because I couldn’t find my father and I heard that he went here. I’ve never seen him since. After my aunt died and my cousin left Suna, I tried living with alone with my uncle alone until Temari came and brought me here.” She said slowing down after every sentence.

Everyone’s gaze was directed on her. Maybe she shouldn’t have told such a deep story in first meeting off a group of potential friends, considering she did leave out a lot, she thought it would be fine…

Just great, now they all think I’m weird, not like I’m denying that though…
Kaori thought to herself feeling awkward by the silence.

Wow, this girl. She has very different past then the rest of us. I never realized how good we have it. The pink haired girl thought to herself in shock.

“Ah, well I’m sorry Kaori-san” Sakura managed to say while having her head still staring at her red shoes.

“It’s not a problem; it’s all in the past. I’m just looking to…start over new for once.” Kaori responded back sharing another small smile with the group.

How is she so cheerful when she had to put up with so many disappointments? Thought Sai to himself.

“Well we’re always here for you!” Naruto said approvingly to Kaori. “Yeah, why don’t you hang out with us after school tomorrow? It’s Friday, so that means fifty cent ice cream scoop night!” Kiba invitingly asked. “I would love that” Kaori said quietly.

Kaori had this strange feeling deep inside of her. She didn’t quite realize it yet, but she was indeed wanted in the presence of others, people she could soon call her friends.

“Yeah Shika-kun, why don’t you bring Temari-san?” Sakura asked teasingly “We all know you like her”

”Ah shut it, you know I think girls are just troublesome” Shikamaru said while blushing.

“Hai, well, we’ll bring the others tomorrow, right now we should get you ready for your big first day tomorrow!” Karin said smiling. “I bet you cannot wait” she said laughing.
“Oh sure” she said sarcastically.

“Thank you everyone” she said as she headed towards the door with her roommate.

“Bye-bye” shouted the chorus of kids waving goodbye to the two girls as they walking out into the dark sky lighted only by the moon. Kaori finished unpacking her things silently and climbed to the top bunk. Karin turned out the light to greet the longest night of Kaori’s life.