TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


My Mom... by A Vampires Butterfly

[Reviews - 7]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hi there! And Happy Mothers Day! Now I don't know about like more than half of the Naruto's cast mothers so I made like all of this up. But it seemed right. You will see what the hell I'm talking about in a sec. Enjoy! With much love, A Vampires Butterfly ^.^
They all sat down, collapsing into hard bar chairs. Each ordered a large glass of sake and to have the sake bottle placed at their table. It was a bad day for a lot of ninjas. The bar was crowded, but deadly quiet.

Mothers Day.

A day dreaded by all, since many had lost their dear mothers and didn’t want to be reminded.

They all drank their sake deeply, letting the burning of their throats to the warmth in their bellies consume them, a haze filling their minds.

“You know, my mom was beautiful and so funny, she could calm my dad down whenever he was mad or could get him to ease off a bit whenever he was just too strict with the training. I remember once I was mad that Itachi wouldn’t train with me and she calmed down and promised to make him train with me later. She never did get him to train with me.” Sasuke murmured into his sake cup, his onyx eyes glassy and sad. The others sitting at the table nodded sadly, taking deeper gulps of the burning alcohol,

“My mom was kind. She believed in all sorts of loving youth and taught me to be open-minded and always cheerful. She used to say that to be sad was to give up and to give up was to never try again. She was always so encouraging. And I remember she loved plants, her garden was always filled with lotus flowers and roses and where ever she went the scent of Sakura blossoms followed.” Rock Lee said, feeling as if she had failed her for being sad about her death and drank another cup of sake. Everyone nodded once more, drinking another gulp.

“I never knew my mother. But Temari tells me she was smart and caring. Always helping those in need and always making sure my father did the right thing for the village. She said that Mother would often go out into the desert on full moon nights and just smile, looking out over the village. She cared about the village as if it were another one of children.” Gaara said in a mournful voice, drinking twice as much sake as everyone else. Some looked at him sadly, while others grunted in agreement, even a brave one patted his back lightly.

“My mom care free, she never let anything get in her way. She could turn my dad into a push over with just a few words. She always let me play outside and discover things on my own, never telling me something if I wanted to know, she always said, ‘I could tell you, but it would be so much more fun if you found out on your own.’ Then she would wink and brush my hair into my eyes. She always wanted me and Hinata to play together; she never agreed with the differences between the main branch and side branch families. She said we were all part of one tree and we were going to act like it too. She was never caged.” Neji said, his pale eyes blank as if lost in a sad memory his voice was far off and he took another drink of sake with his eyes closed.

“My mom was serious, but so caring to everything that it didn’t matter. She loved all creatures big and small. She would let in wounded animals all the time, from a hank with a broken wing to a butterfly about to die. She seemed to be always able to cure them of anything. Her garden was filled with flowers for the bees and vegetables grown just for the rabbits and other creatures to nibble on. She always said that no creature is too small or too hurt to care about. She always insisted that I care for each my bugs with extreme care and would get mad if I treated them bad. But in the summer me and her would stay out in the evening and watch the fireflies swarm around her garden and some times we even caught them but she always let them go, saying that it would cause more hurt then entertainment to trap them forever in a glass jar.” Shino finished speaking, the others knew he would never talk this much for any other reason and handed him another cup of sake, which he thankfully gulped down.

“I never knew my mom. I don’t have anyone to tell me what she was like or who she was. I don’t even know my mom’s name. But when I do imagine her she has deep crystal blue eyes and a kind round face, with long blonde hair that she keeps in a messy ponytail because she doesn’t like her hair in her eyes, but she doesn’t like it held too tight ether. When she laughs it sounds like church bells and when she smiles it is like the whole room lights up. Her words are always warm and caring, her hugs always big and comfy. She never lies and is always blunt about everything. She can bake and loves to make warm cookies at midnight. She is a morning person, so even when she is up for long hours of the night she still wakes up before the sun. She is nice to everyone, no matter who they are or what they did and is so forgiving it is almost a fault. She loves everyone and everyone loves her. She can be friends with anyone. But she is a skilled ninja as well, as good as anyone. She always thinks there is room for improvement and dreams are made just to come true, the only reason they don’t is because you don’t let them.” Naruto finished his long speech, drinking half a sake bottle and then laid his blond head down on the table.

Everyone just let him be and the night wore on, till the horrible day was finally over and the drunk ninjas carried themselves home and away from the painful memories. At least until next year.