TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Blood red lavender by under a lavender sky

[Reviews - 15]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I have no idea if I spoil anything in there, I doubt it though.
All usual disclaimers apply.
Enjoy
::Chapter1::

Tears of blood were spreading all over her pale cheeks. Her tiny raspberry-tainted lips outlined a smile of regret. Her voice fluttered away in the sunrise, like a butterfly. The sky was lavender coloured. The color of her eyes when they were not drowned in red blood. Maybe a little darker shade.
"So … sorry, Kiba … I … I … love you so much …"
A breeze past over her long black hair, sending it towards his neck. He could not budge. All his members were petrified. Her head on his chest weighed at this moment as much as a rock. Around ten shurikens bit into her soft flesh, some seconds ago, and one, directly cut her throat open. Her blood was staining his white clothing.
'Hinata!'
He could not talk. The man in front of them was just as puzzled as him. No, he was sad. Angry … Suffered. He as well opened his lips. Another announce of death? A cry, a scream. An animal torn apart by pain.
But he, Kiba, could not hear it. Why didn’t all those weapons touch him? Were they not for him? Why did the second breeze make her body detach itself from him?
"Mother!"
This shriek, though, he could not ignore it. His wandering glance turned toward an eight-year-old, horrified little boy. Who was it? Kenshi? What was he doing there?
"Mother!"
Then, he realized. The corpse lying before his feet was none others than HIS Hinata’s, losing her life to protect his. Sacrificing AGAIN for his stupid sake.
He kneeled by her side, turning her body so he could capture her loving face in his pupil for the last time.
"Why? Why did you do this?"
She was still grinning. As the first time they met. This timid smile that never left his mind during all those years.
"I … I … am so … sorry I be … betrayed you … b … but I love you … so …so much …"
She was starting to gasp for breath.
Loved him? She LOVED him? Could it be that all those moments they have shared as friends finally gave birth to something else than respect?
"Hush! Akamaru is just by my side, and we are not this far from Konoha, so we are going to make it in no time. They are going to take care of you. Just don’t abandon now."
Why was he saying such nonsense? Hana, his older sister, told him once that when severely wounded people did not feel pain anymore, it was because they were silently going away.
Hinata’s pure face was not anymore contracted in sufferance. She was smiling as the day she became jounin. But that, he could not know because he missed it. Why did it happen like this? Why didn’t Amida Buddha leave him some more years with her?
"Ta … take good ca … care of Ken … shi …"
And then … nothing. A blank. At the third breeze, her soul went away, twirling in a dance of death (A/N LoL, Iron Maiden influence) to the sky.
'Wait for me over there, Hina …’
He cried. Yes, he did. Never since he was two had he let tears pass the bounds of his eyes. Yet, the sadness, hate and rancour he felt were too heavy for him to oppress.
Hyûga Neji, too. How did he dare? He was the one that killed her!
'You forget he loved her just as much as you did … maybe more! Those shurikens were not intended for her … but for you.’
By his side, was now sitting Akamaru, his enormous canine companion.
"Don’t mess up my mind now, Akamaru."
Why did it occur like that? Why didn’t anybody protect her from him? Why was it that their story was just a lie? Such a big disgusting lie she died for.

°*°

He was sleeping during class … again. Since he entered school, his mother was incessantly receiving complains about him. Kiba’s violent, Kiba’s disturbing, Kiba’s sleeping during class, Kiba’s impolite. His mother, at the third meeting, very aggravated, just asked the teacher to tell her what her son was doing well instead of that eternal gibberish. It would be less exhausting for both of them. However, what really was disturbing, in fact, was that the little monster had good marks for all technical work. Of course, for written exams, it wasn’t that wonderful. He was taking the time of silence to nap comfortably.
This day again, without paying more attention to the teacher, he was calmly sleeping while a new student was presented to the class.
"This is Hyûga Hinata. Although she is only five years old, she was promoted here."
A tiny, very timid-looking girl was stubbornly standing behind the instructor’s back. She didn’t seem to want to move from her place, scared that her new classmates would stare at her … which probably would happen.
"You can go sit over there, with Kiba."
He didn’t think it was a good idea to send such a sweet and shy girl sit beside the Beast of Hell. Even he adopted this peculiar nickname other kids gave to the Inuzuka brat. He really chopped anyone’s head off that dared approaching him. He LITTERALLY chopped anybody’s head off. Or tried to.
A new, unknown smell entered his nostrils. A fragrance of purity and loneliness, a lot of pain, mental suffering and a field of love to give and share. All those feelings and experiences compressed in one’s scent.
Just by her perfume he could guess she was a black-haired female. Black-haired people had a very sweet, fruit-like scent. Intrigued for the first time by anyone, he opened an eye, than the other,
Just by his side, a very, very little girl was sitting, a pen in her tiny grip, ready to take notes. He stared at her for a long time before her realizing she was observed.
She was cute. Nice cheekbones, adorable nose, gorgeous enormous lavender eyes. He never saw such eyes. If her hair wasn’t that short, with its black color, she truly would look like the china doll his sister used to play with.
When she actually felt his glance on her swan-like neck, she turned her head and blushed.
Timid …
Not knowing what to do to escape those deep black eyes looking hardly at her, she hid her face in her minuscule hands, starting to tremble like a leaf.
WEIRDO …
When finally the sensei stopped soliloquizing, everybody just got up from their seats and ran out in the play ground, eager to rest a little from all this junk they were forced to assimilate.
Kiba did so too. Not that he had any friends to play with, and frankly, he didn’t need any, but sleeping all day long made his back sore.
Walking around, minding his own business as always, he spotted a bunch of girls he knew being mean. They seemed surrounding someone. Being bitchy. No change. Yet, he couldn’t disregard their words.
"Princess Hinata? Hyûgas’ little darling, huh? Whateva!"
"A princess? Her?"
"She looks like a mouse!"
"Yeah! Princess of mice!"
"No! Princess of rats! Look! There is a rat-tail just behind her butt."
"Hehehe. And what’s the deal with those hideous eyes?!"
How could girls be so cruel to each other?
At that moment, she raised her head, so their looks could meet. Before, in her smell, he sensed the daily mental pain she was used to, however, he couldn’t figure how important the damages could be. Now, in her watery eyes, he did figure out. He felt as if he could reach her mind.
'God! I am gonna hate myself for this!'
He approached the crew that started to get physical, pinching her little bare arms. What he did was just insane, and he realized it. He started growling and showing his teeth as if he was a big, dangerous dog. Turning around those girls, he started barking.
The bunch of girls stared a while, in petrified astonishment. But, when he started getting nearer and nearer, fright overflowed their spirits, installing itself more and more in there spirits, until they just ran away.
"YEAH, SURE! RUN AWAY NOW! WAS EASY ATTACKING A WEAKLING! WHY DON’T YOU (*!%?) COME OVER HERE SO I CAN KICK YOUR ASSES ?!"
He was so vulgar.
"Hey, you! Relax, they’re done with you!"
Hinata had rolled into a ball, hiding her face under her frail arms. She looked so beautifully pathetic. When finally she decided to peek, Kiba just stayed under the spell of her amazing eyes for a second time.

°*°

Sitting in front of his dwelling’s portal, a fifteen-sixteen-year-old young man was spitting watermelon seeds on the ground, his back laying on a gigantic wolf’s flank. Sun was blinding him, but he didn’t care.
"Hey, retard! What the hell are you doing here?! Don’t you have any work?! Just because you and flee-bag there are back from a mission, doesn’t mean you can skip your chores…"
Hana had always been such a loving sister.
"Go take care of your brats and your wife, bitch."
And he really was fond of her.
A very well placed side kick, right on the nose, made red liquid submerge the lower part of his face.
"What the f*?&%!, you crazy old witch!"
A killing aura made Akamaru raise his head from his paws.
"D.O.N’.T. E.V.E.R. D.A.R.E. I.N.S.U.L.T.I.N.G. A.S.H.I. A.G.A.I.N."
"Sorry, sorry, didn’t mean to …"
A thing to be remembered about Inuzuka women was: …crazy, highly dangerous, rabid bitches. Nothing to do with normal people. And the worst part was that the Inuzuka clan was a matriarchy.
"Well, now, as you’re acting like a jerk again, I don’t think I am going to tell you about the good news I’ve got."
At the same time, Akamaru and Kiba lifted their ears …kinda. Why, for God’s sake, was he so curious? And how come did his sister know him so well?
"Come on, don’t be an asshole for a change and spit it out, Hana!"
She frowned.
"Hey, be polite, idiot, or else I’m gonna kick your ass."
He growled and bowed his neck in approval.
"That’s better. And now, tell me how wonderful I am!"
She really was taking advantage of the situation. Man, would he have loved to punch her once.
"Hana-nee-chan, you really are the most … the most …"
Before he could humiliate himself some more, two pink and purple lightenings brushed before him, jumping all over Hana. They seemed so happy. He was so jealous of her.
"MMMMOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM! You’re back!"
"Calm down, girls! I was just gone for three days. My, my, you’re both so dirty! Where have you been?"
"Dad brought us with him to pick up berries!"
Another sound of steps was resounding not much further. In no time, a young man appeared. His long brownish hair tied neatly, elegantly flew around his neck. His dark eyes seemed so calm and comprehensive. Whoever said he was a pure Inuzuka was mocked out loud. The only thing that associated him to the family were the giant black dog following him respectfully and those red signs he painted on his cheekbones.
"Well, hi there, honey! You came back sooner than expected. That’s marvellous!"
His voice was low and slow. Inuzuka Ashi was a jounin of the lowest rank, but still, one of the most considerate members of their family for his intelligence.
He gently smiled to Kiba, who just turned his head away. With the little dignity left to him, he stood up and stepped away to let the family pass. Akamaru slid his head under his hand, begging for a caress.
Passing through the portal, Hana turned her head, a beautiful smile lightening her features
"Hinata has become a jounin at last. It’s too bad you two aren’t friends anymore. Even if the rest of the family was telling her not to be proud of such a common thing, she wouldn’t stop grinning. You know what she did when she saw me? She ignored her father’s glare and came up to chitchat with me. She asked me about you. Don’t make me think you didn’t know about the ceremony. If you weren’t such a stubborn bastard, you would have come and made her happy. When I told her you weren’t around, she just lost her joy and faded away. You’re such a jackass."
She couldn’t understand. Nor could his mother. They didn’t know everything.
The day Hinata became chûnnin, he abandoned her.
It was simple. Neji came to talk to him.
'Hyûgas do not want to be associated to Inuzukas. Yet, whatever we told her about dignity, she would ignore it. You are her friend. If you really consider yourself as a companion, do never talk to her again. Starting tomorrow, both of us will start the Hyûga training. You will probably never have any contacts with her anymore, but she may try to disobey to the orders. So if you don’t want her to get beaten up worse than ever, just ignore her. Act as if you were the real royalty. Aburame Shino agreed to our request. We hope you do so too.'
He went away not waiting for Kiba’s answer. Then, stopped without turning around.
'Don’t be frightened. I won’t let anything happen to her. Hinata-sama is the most important person in my life … just like yours. I … I know this is difficult to believe after everything, but I will protect her with my life. So for her sake, don’t make her suffer more than she did already.'
His words were clear enough. And he understood. For her sake and for the love he nourished for her, he would restrain himself to peek once in a time in her direction.

°*°

She remembered her father’s last words.
'You are not meant to be a leader …'
There was no animosity, no hate in his voice. He was just stating a fact. She knew that too. Since she was born, a curse was blurring her image.
'… I am sorry I have been torturing you with all those duties you never should have known about. My last wish is for you to be happy. Wherever happiness leads you, I will be proud.'
And he died.
One month ago, his soul left his body dropping a whole clan on her frail shoulders.
As leader, the first thing she did was to adopt Neji as a member of the Sôke, main house of the Hyûga family. The second was to make him her heir. The third was to die.
HAPPINESS?! Those words made her laugh her head off. And cry all the tears she could release. She was a curse for them all. If she wasn’t born nothing would have happened. Her mother’s and father’s death, Hanabi going crazy … Neji being enslaved.
But she still had tasted joy. How could a monster like her dare tasting joy? Yet, it was taken away from her.
She was sixteen. She had no future. She had no past. Her friends fled away. Her love left her.
And at that very time, with her elegant writing she banned herself from the Hyûga’s clan.
"You did the right thing, Hinata."
Her grandmother tapped her shoulder.
"Now, you can go."
Outside, rain was pouring from the sky.
FREE! She felt so free. This world she tried to adapt to wasn’t just simply made for her. And now, rain was washing of the pain. And death was going to close this Danse Macabre.
Her laughter in the darkness sounded insane. She couldn’t stop it. Couldn’t stop messing up her tears with the drops of the sky.
He found her so, giggling madly, crying desperately.
To him, she had changed. Her short black hair grew well. She seemed taller … and more fluid. Even if he felt concerned about her alone at night, under such heavy rain, so lightly dressed, he couldn’t ignore those new curves drawing a very aerodynamic silhouette. No wonder she was known for her slyness.
He called her name out loud. She didn’t budge. Akamaru wanted at first to jump all over her. Yet, he restrained himself, evaluating the situation.
He called her name again. She slowly turned her head in his direction. She damped her maniacal cackle, not able to stop the race of the stream on her cheeks.
She was so beautiful in her misery. He could not believe it. Hana and Tsume told him about her changing a lot. However, this was too radical to be true.
"Kiba."
His name in her mouth felt as a melody of a very sad song.
She wasn’t stammering anymore. What a relief.
She raised a pale hand of hers as if greeting him, and losing the little strength moving her body, fell on the ground, in a puddle of mud.