TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Eternal Winter by Uchiha Yoru

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: All publically recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringment is intended.

Story takes place in Shippudden.

I heard that there was a lack of Kiba and Neiji pairings so I figured I'd throw one out there.
Overhead dark grey clouds gathered ominously like a heavy blanket spread across the sky. The temperature had been dropping since yesterday and it was still going down.
Then, one by one, little frozen crystals began to drift down from the heavens.
"Akamaru. Hey. Are you even listening?
Kiba sighed as he watched the dog bound happily through the snow. Over the last two years he had watched his nin-dog grow from a puppy small enough to fit on his head to a full fledged hound large enough for him to ride comforably.
It's really amazing when you think about it.
He continued to watch Akamaru play for a moment longer before glancing back at the other ninja who was straying a little bit behind.
"Hey, something wrong Neiji?"
Neiji paused, looking around him before answering.
"No. Nothings wrong. In fact, we should be at the port soon."
"Port. Hm." Kiba wondered how Akamaru would handle a boat ride. He hoped that his partner wouldn't get seasick - taking care of him would be a real drag.
"Let's hurry on. I'd like to get this mission over and done with as quickly as possible."
"Whatever you say, man." Kiba grinned. "Hey, Akamaru, it's time to get moving! Let's go!"

The port was unusually full of activity when they finally reached it. People were bustling to and fro in the chilly weather carrying everything from groceries to cargo to even their drunken friend in one mans case. Both Akamaru and Kiba took to sniffing excitedly at the air.
Neiji glanced over at the pair, a bit curious.
I wonder what they can actually smell through the scent of sea salt.
"Neiji! Someones selling jerky around here!" Kiba grinned as he caught a whiff of his favorite food. "We should have enough time to get some before the boat takes off."
There was a pause as the Hyuuga teen checked his pocketwatch. If they were late the boat would leave without them but it looked as if they'd managed to get to town a half hour ahead of schedule.
"Go ahead and do whatever you want. Just be at the third pier in fifteen minutes."
Kiba frowned. "You're not comming with us Neiji?"
"No. Someone has to make sure the arrangement is still valid. I want to make certain we have seats when we get there."
"You really think about everything, huh?"
Neiji turned away, walking toward the piers.
"I told you. I want this mission done as soon as possible."
As he watched the other member of his team dissapear into the dense crowd Kiba sighed.
"That guy's so tense. Then again, Neiji's always been like that." Kiba scratched his head as he looked at Akamaru. The dog gave a short bark.
"You said it...but that means more for us! Come on, Akamaru!"
Turning around they headed in the opposite direction toward the delicious scent of grilled meat.

Near the pier, Neiji began looking for the ship that would take them to the Land of Snow. He had a brief description of what it looked like - a white ship with sky blue and lavender trim - but no idea where exactly it would be.
"Hm. It should be in this area at least." He sighed as he began the search.
The pier turned out to be even busier in the town and he found it nearly impossible to hold someones attention long enough to ask for directions. It seemed as if they were taking one look at him and walking away.
Maybe they're avoiding me. But why?
Deciding it might be faster to search on his own the young man began a thorough scan of the pier. After a few minutes of frustration he glimpsed a shining white hull bordered in blue and lavender flying the flag of the snow country.
"That's our ship." He whispered to himself as he picked up his pace and approached the vessel.
An older man with a small white beard and a floppy grey hat was busy tying the ship down and occasionally giving orders to workers around him. Stepping up to the ship, Neiji decided that he might as well call up.
I'm sure this is it but if not I can always ask them to point me in the right direction.
"Hello! Could I please speak with one of you?"
The old man squinted down at the jounin.
"What ye want? I ain't takin' on no more rookies this year, if that's what yer looking for."
"No sir." Neiji responded. "I think that this is the ship we were sent to find."
The man blinked for a moment, then scuttled down to the pier to get a better look at Neiji. He nodded suddenly as he saw the headband.
"Oh...yes.....you're the one we was sent for. But I thought there were two 'o ya?"
Neiji nodded. "Yes. My teammate is still downtown."
The man gave the ninja a sudden, solemn look.
"Then ye best go find him, and quick. People 'round here ain't to freindly to ninja like yourself. An' someone may try an' do him in, hear?"
The yound man glanced back at the town.
If he's telling me the truth then I better find him quick, before there's trouble. We can't afford to have attention drawn to ourselves on this mission.
With a quick thank you Neiji excused himself, moving rapidly back to the city. For a moment he paused and then removed the headband from his forehead.
"If we stir up trouble as leaf ninja then it'll be that much harder for us further on. I really hope Kiba doesn't do anything reckless."