TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


My Light/My Dark by milliexchan

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I decided to write a one-shot about Sasuke and Hinata, because I think they'd make a sweet couple (not as sweet as KibaXHinata though!)

bold is sasuke
italics is hinata


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
The night is pitch black around me, as I thrash in my bed, jumping up from my nightmares, a cold sweat covering me. Turning, I see that my bed is empty, cold.
Slowly I pad to the kitchen, opening the fridge and calming my nerves with cold milk. The house is silent. Why do I feel someone else should be here? I've always been alone...


X


The years have flown by me, and I've barely noticed them. Whenever I see Naruto now, not he himself but memories of my childhood love, make me blush. It's strange how feelings can change, how emotions twist and transform with time. They say time heals all wounds. Does that include rejection? Now I know I am thankful to him. It made me forget, and made me look around, open up. Open up to let someone else in...

X


It has been so long, yet still the memories haunt me. things I've seen, things I've done. I can't say I'm proud...She is the only one who understands. I always thought that when I came home it would be Sakura. I had thought about her many times, sometimes she was the only thing that got me through it. But then another face invaded my thoughts, coming through my inner dark to comfort me.

X


In the night I think of him. I look out at the sky and wonder if he cannot sleep either. One day, I will tell him, tell him I thought about him through the years. Today I saw him by the bridge. He stared into the water. How many times will I walk by him until I pluck up the courage to take him into my arms, and to whisper that everything will be okay from now on? Many still see him as a threat, although it has been two years since he first came back. How do I tell him that I understand? How do I tell him just how I feel? Sometimes I feel I have just become an agony aunt to him.

X


Today I almost told her. I almost reached out to touch her soft hair as she walked by. I wanted to tell her that I dreamed of her. That she had been my comfort in those dark years. She is more than a friend. How can I tell a friend she is more than a friend?! I can see the rain clouds gathering, and I know I should return home soon. But my cold, lonely house does not appeal to me. And so I find myself still sitting at this bridge as the first raindrops begin to fall.

X


The rain falls fast, down upon my head. My feet carry me automatically, and I am unaware of the direction I'm headed. The bridge seems to appear in front of me, before I know how I got here. There he is. My heart flutters in my chest. How can I feel this way about him, when we have been speaking now for so long? He is turning to look at me now, soaked by the rain. Strange, it is warmer now. My feet take me towards him, as if they have a mind of their own, and I sit beside him.

X


How did she know I was here? Is it real, fate? She sits next to me, her hair plastered down on her forehead by the rain. I want to reach out and touch her face, to see if she's real. Is she real? Has this all been a dream? Will I wake up and still be there? It's cold, so cold. She looks at me, her eyes so wide and pale, so pure... What is she saying?

X


"Sasuke." I say his name. It feels strange as my mouth makes the right shapes, like a foreign word never spoken before. Am I speaking loud enough? Can he hear me? I say his name again, this time it sounds more normal. "Sasuke." He looks at me, his eyes are dark, so different from my own. I see myself reflected in his, a frightened, wet girl. He opens his mouth to speak, and I cut him off, "I thought of you..."

X


"I thought of you..." she says, cutting me off before I could say the same. Did she really say it, did I imagine it? Can it be true? We have never really spoken of the years I was 'away'. It sounds as if I was on holiday. Mostly we have sat in silence. Sometimes I told her of my fears, my worries. Being accepted here again. She always listened. Now I'm lost for words. Did she really think of me...? She was..."My Light..."

X


"My Light..." he says, "I thought of you too." I edge closer to him on the bench, hardly daring to breathe. How can this be? These two years we have been friends, we have met nearly every day, and talked of many things. We have spoken about my feelings for Naruto, his feelings for Sakura. But never our feelings for each other. Did we think they existed?

X


I toss and turn in my sleep, breathless. Awakening, I cry out, cold sweat, shivering. A hand on my back, those comforting arms pulling me into an embrace, a soothing voice.
"My Light..."


"My Dark..." And I hold him close...

"My..."


"My love..."