TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Gales of change by xrayer2

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: 'kay, read the summary... this takes place some time before NAruto graduates, with me tossing some origianl characters into the bunch. i don't own naruto. sheesh, would i really be here if i did? OH MEH GAWD!! ALL THE EXCLAMATION POINTS ARE GONE!! sheesh. well, if ther's a blank spot where you don't think ther sould be, just put one in. i'll try to get 'em all. REVIEW!!! REVIEW!!!!
Prologue: (Play some naruto opening music. When it is finished, move on to chapter one.)

Chapter one: enter: Zephyr Gale

Zephyr yawned, and got up. “Well, another day..”he muttered. Zephyr was a ninja academy student of the village hidden in the leaves, or Konoha. He had silver hair that hung to his shoulders, and dark, black eyes. He got out of bed drowsily, and pt on his clothes, pretty much pants and a t-shirt, nothing really special. Hands in his pockets, he left his room. As he opened the door, he nearly ran into another girl his age. “Oh ” he said, startled. “Sakura! ” Sakura, a young ninja-in training, with pink hair and green eyes, smiled. “‘’Morning.” she said brightly. “Gotta go catch Sasuke!!! He said he’d be leaving later... well, that’s what Kaguya said, who was told by Aya, who was told by Ino, who heard i from... well, anywho, Later, Zephyr! ” she ran down the stairs. Zephyr shrugged, and went down the stairs. He’d been living with the Haruno family for the past few years. About 3 years, actually. He couldn’t remember, though...what his life had been those days, however. He rubbed his forehead. There were just big holes where those memories should be. The first memory he could recall, was opening his eyes, and he was in Sakura’s house. So, he thought of Sakura as a sister figure, and Sakura returned the feelings. All he could remember is that his name was Zephyr... and.. He didn’t know what is was, but two large red eyes... he shook his head. Whatever it was, he didn’t like thinking about it. He’d fashioned himself a last name, Gale, for no real reason, other than Zephyr meant light wind. As he got to the bottom of the stairs, he heard Mrs. Haruno calling. “Zephyr You’d better leave now!! ” “Okay! ” he called, and went outside.

Walking outside, he turned down the path, and began walking towards Iruka-Sensei’s classroom. Zephyr was a average ninja, not really any special talents, just scoring well on tests, but not great, and basically being a kind of a in-the-middle kind of person. As he passed the Ichiraku Ramen shop, he saw Naruto Uzumaki slurping a bowl of Ramen. As zephyr approached, he glanced up, and waved. Zephyr waved back. Naruto was his best friend, and he also appeared to be the only one Naruto had. Zephyr could feel Naruto’s pain, of being an orphan, and they became fast friends. “Hey, Zephyr!! Come here!! ” Zephyr walked over. “Naruto... shouldn’t you be going to class... Iruka-Sensei is getting fed up with you.” Naruto grinned. “Nah. I have time for my extra good beef ramen!! Besides, I’m not afraid of Iruka-Sensei !! Don’t worry about me, Believe it!! ” Zephyr smiled, and continued on his way. After some time, he arrived at the classroom, and opened the doors.

Almost everyone was there, including the crowd of Girls surrounding Sasuke Uchiha. As usual. Of course, Sakura was there also, arguing with her arch-rival, Ino Yamanaka. Zephyr had listened to countless rants about Ino from Sakura, about her being a ‘pig’ a ‘piglet’ and ‘nasty, fat pig’ and other things having to do with the word ‘pig’. The only girl not staring moon-eyed over Sasuke was Hinata Hyuuga, who was sitting at her desk quietly, not doing much, as usual. He sat at the back of the class, and closed his eyes, avoiding the chaos. Soon, he felt movement beside him, and saw Naruto, grinning, next to him. “See, told you not to worry about me!!! I can eat ramen faster than anyone in the world, Believe it!!!!! ” as Naruto finished with his trademark catchphrase, Hinata, who was sitting in the row in front of them, was startled, and upon looking over at Naruto, she blushed, and looked at the ground. Soon, the doors opened, and Iruka walked in.

The class quieted, and everyone went to their seats. Iruka turned to the class, and held up a bag. “Okay, class. Today’s lesson is about basic ninja tools. You’ll be starting with shuriken, kunai, and senbon. Of course, you aren’t skilled enough to use them, so...” he reached into a bag, and took out a pinwheel, a tooth pick, and a pencil. Kiba Inuzuka, with his dog on his head, raised his hand. “Er...Iruka-sensei? What are...those? What happened to the weapons?” “Well, as i was saying, you’re not skilled enough to use those, so, the pinwheel is your shuriken, the pencil your kunai, and the toothpick, your senbon.” There was an awkward silence, and then Ino burst out- “You mean we’re using those, not real ninja tools????” Sakura smirked. “Took you long enough, Ino.” Ino glared down. “Shut up, billboard brow!!! ” Sakura quickly became infuriated. She hated, no, LOATHED comments about her forehead. Zephyr personally could not see anything wrong with it, but that was possibly because he lived near her. “SAY THAT AGAIN, PIG!!!! ” she screamed, and Iruka had to shout. “Quiet !!!!! Now, yes, this is what you’ll use. Now..” Iruka made some hand signs, and a log appeared next to him. “You will each take a turn at trying to hit this log with a shuriken. First up, Sasuke Uchiha.” Sasuke got out of his chair, and walked over, and took a shuriken...well, pinwheel out of the bag, and casually tossed it. It spun, and hit the log. “Very good. Next !” the class was excited, because it did not seem to be to hard. They were about to find out that it was not as easy as it looked. Ino walked up, snatched a pinwheel, and threw it. It went, and turned sharply, and missed the log completely. Ino gaped at the shuriken that was now sticking out of Chouji Akimichi’s BBQ potato chip bag. “Wha... but..Sasuke...” Sasuke laid his head on his arms, and closed his eyes. Zephyr watched, as Iruka called another classmate up. “Well Sasuke is a prodigy..” he said. Naruto glared at him. “Oh yeah? He’s not so great. Watch this.” he got up, and ran down the stairs, and grabbed a pinwheel, and threw it with far too much force. Zephyr watched, as it flew upwards, and hit Sakura on the forehead. “Na....Ru....TO...” she growled through clenched teeth. Zephyr smiled. Sakura had nothing but contempt for Naruto, and could not understand how Zephyr was friends with him. The only person she disliked more than him was, of course, Ino. Naruto sheepishly went back up to his seat. Zephyr laughed softly, and then it was his turn. He got up, and took the pinwheel. He stared at the log, and tried to throw it in it’s direction. It went, and it looked like it would hit the log... untill it made a full 180 turn, and hit Zephyr on the forehead. Silence, then the entire class began laughing, not counting Sakura, who had sympathy for him, Hinata, whom zephyr had never even seen smile, Naruto was... well, giggling, but that was because he had done, if anything, worse than him. And of course, Sasuke, who had briefly opened his eyes to witness it, and closed his eyes once more. Zephyr climbed up the stairs, sand sat down with his arms crossed. As Naruto opened his mouth, Zephyr growled. “Shut up.”

(thingy when the characters are saying what’ll happen next. In most cases, it’ll be Zephyr and Sakura, them being the main characters.)

Sakura: well, it’s gonna be Kage day The best day of the year
Zephyr: yeah. Hm.. What’s Kage day again?
Sakura: How can you know if it’s the best day if ever if you don’t even know what it is??
Zephyr: well... er... find out next time?
Sakura: .... you know, we’re not supposed to be breaking the fourth wall... oops. Here i go.
Xrayer: whatever By giving a synopsis of the next episode, you’re ALREADY breaking the 4th wall
Zephyr and Sakura: ohh. Riiiightt..

Next time: it’s...Kage day who’ll it be??

Zephyr: but really, What IS kage day??