TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Trigger by Abyssmyancestor

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

 

 

 PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Summary: Sasuke left five years ago, leaving Konoha to fall in on itself. Now he has returned in secret, intent on seizing the corrupt city for his own, even if he has to destroy it first. Of course, the city isn’t the only thing he’s after.

This is the prologue of the story, so yes, it’s short. Seme uke

------------------------------------------

“ Goodbye, Hinata.” Naruto waved slowly from his door-step as the dark haired girl walked home, waving over her shoulder at him, disappearing into the night. He shut his door slowly, taking off his headband and vest as he walked slowly from the foyer to his room. He paused momentarily to look at his small kitchen. He didn’t have a living room. It wasn’t as though he couldn’t afford it as much as no one would let him stay in a better living space. The kitchen was fairly clean, though he noticed the coffee from this morning was still on the burner. He sighed, deciding he wasn’t hungry and continued his even pace to his room.

He swung his bedroom door shut behind him tossing his chunnin vest in to his laundry basket absently, and shuffling sleepily to his dresser. He pulled out the top drawer slowly, pulling out the soft white cloth wrapped tightly around a rectangular object and tied loosely with a black string. He placed his headband in the open drawer, but his eye’s never left the object in his hands. Every time he held it his heart pounded in his chest, just as it did every time he thought of him.

‘ Kit…’ Kyuubi purred softly to him, her ears drooping sadly. Her kit always did this. It was a routine.

He ignored Kyuubi’s quiet plea, pulling the string, setting it on the top of the dresser, gently tugging the material from the object. The metal of the headband gleamed in the light, cleaned and shined to perfection. The only visible mark was the even slice through the leaf symbol. The frays, holes and tears along the blue cloth that held it in place had long since been washed and repaired. Naruto couldn’t help but wonder miserably if he would care having something so significant being taken care of by someone the exact opposite.

‘ Kit, why are you doing this? Everyday you come home and stare at the head band like it will answer your question, but it’s a headband. It won’t do anything, it won’t give you closure, it will just sit there and be a painful reminder that YOU DON’T NEED.’

Naruto didn’t answer, he just traced his finger over the symbol. His hand dropped next to his side for a moment before he wrapped the headband in the cloth and tied it with the string, placing it gently back into his drawer and pushing it shut.

‘ You need sleep, you’ve had a long day.’ Naruto shook his head.

‘ Not here.’ Kyuubi didn’t reply. He lifted himself slowly onto the window sill, opening the window and taking off in the direction of the Uchiha compound, unaware of the pair of dark eye’s watching him from the training grounds.

His feet made no sound as he bounded across the roofs of Konoha, dodging the random chunnin on guard duty through out the city. When the Uchiha compound came into view he felt his muscles relax somewhat. His safe haven.

He landed quietly on the roof, dropping down to the ground outside the back kitchen window. He slowly pushed up the unlocked window, slipping into the quiet mansion. The dust on the floors and counters was thick, coming up in small clouds as he walked into the main hallway. He walked along the corridor, stopping every once in awhile to check in the rooms for any sign that others had been here. Much to his relief and, though he wouldn‘t admit it, disappointment, he found none. He made his way up the steps, ignoring the footprints he left behind in the dust. Normally he climbed into the bedroom window, instead of taking the long way through the house, but he needed to work out any restlessness in his bones.

When he reached his old rivals room, his place from the world, he was hit by a wave of bitter nostalgia. Everything was as Sasuke had left it. Not a single object out of place. His fan club had gone through this place right after he had gone like he had died, for once not intending to take something of his to worship in they‘re closet. He had been watching the whole thing, and found it disturbing that they cried so miserably over his leaving, and his best friend couldn’t force a tear out of himself. It was like something had died inside him that kept him from shedding tears.

‘ It was too deep a wound to be expressed with something a trivial as tears.’ Kyuubi said, her tail switching in annoyance at the memory of the parade of mourning fan girls. So childish and stupid they were…

‘ I shouldn’t be here.’ Naruto thought sadly, but Kyuubi growled at him.

‘ Kit, this is the only place in the village I’ve seen you actually sleep. Your nerves won’t let you sleep at home, and no one else in the city will take you, so make yourself comfortable, before I make you.’ The threat barely ghosted over the concern in her voice, pushing Naruto to finally listen to the demons words. He walked over to the window, settling himself on the floor under it. He pulled his legs up to his chest, wrapping his arms around them and resting his chin against his knees. In his mind he slipped through the bars holding Kyuubi and curled up next to her. She brought her tail up to cover him, laying her head down. She wished quietly to herself that Naruto’s sleep would be peaceful this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: A writer that I truly enjoyed the works of lost they’re mother recently. Ever since this information reached me, a deeply rooted churning has seated itself inside my heart. Knowing that there was nothing I could offer as condolence has stuck itself into my head, and has been chewing at me for the past two days. Saying I understand the loss of someone so important is stupid and a lie, but my heart goes out to you. Since I have nothing to really offer as comfort, I dedicate this story to you. I will not give names, because that is disrespectful. You know who you are.

May your mother and yourself find peace,

Abyss