TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


True Hyuuga Genius by Nightblade888

[Reviews - 10]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Once again, I have the same feelings as last chapter, I like the cannon events so much that I have a hard way to change them for this story. Hopefully I have explained the slight differences enough that no one is left behind and hopefully you liked the chapter.

First I’d like to say that Haran hasn’t mastered his nature manipulation, he has just enough control to push the nature through a jyuken strike, something that is easier (at least in my world) than it is through another method, and even then, only when he had sustained contact with the victim.

Secondly, Sasuke still has the seal, and it is still pulling him to Orochimaru, but it no longer can pull chakra from his body, as the pathways it made have been destroyed.

Thank you for all the reviews you have written me for the last chapter, I’m glad that so many of you like this story and for those of you who reviewed in the past week, you guys should get some credit for getting me to write this when I have. I was going to write the next chapter of Mirage, but this just seemed to flow easier and so here it is! Please keep reviewing and as always, any questions you have you can feel free to pm me.)
No sooner had the last failing team left, than one of the windows exploded into the room, followed by a kunoichi in a trench coat who managed to land just as a banner unfurled itself behind her.

“All right you brats, I’m Mitarashi Anko, and I’m the examiner for the next portion of this exam!” The silence wasn’t what she was expecting and took a quick look around the room.

“Damn, Ibiki, I know you can be a tough ass, but there are only eight teams left! You didn’t leave any for me to have fun with, you louse!”

The first instructor just shook his head and began to mumble to himself. Something along the lines of ‘If there were any more you would complain that I was going soft.’

“Aww, do you think that little of me?” The weird jounin had turned and was shedding fake tears for the jab at her. Instantly Ibiki, never one to hurt a woman’s feelings, tried to apologize, only for Anko to turn back to the genin and was ordering them to meet her at training area forty-four in ten minutes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ten minutes later, at the specified training ground, all of the teams were waiting for the instructor to speak on their task.

“All right, listen up! Since there are so few of you left, my first plan has been thrown out the window, and when that happens, my secondary plans usually involve lots of pain, so you can consider yourself lucky.” The corners of her mouth curled into a grin at those words, before she continued her speech.

“The first order of business is for everyone to sign these release papers! In this exam some of you will die, and it is not the Leaf villages fault that you weren’t prepared for your own deaths, this is just a formality.” When every team had handed in their forms and she checked over them all, the rules and objective was explained.

“Ok, listen up, ‘cuz I’m only gonna say this once! Each team will draw a number from this box. That number is the gate where you will enter the forest behind me. This is Konoha’s legendary training ground forty-four, the forest of death! Inside the forest exist all manner of perils, from poisonous plants and animals, to downright enormous insects.” (It should be noted that upon this announcement, Shino’s eyes picked up.) “Your mission will be recovery. At your gate, each team will be given a scroll and an opposing team from which you must retrieve their scroll. Each scroll has been marked by our proctors, so it’s no use trying to make a fake scroll, even if you knew what was in it. That actually leads me to my next point, if you look inside your scroll or any scroll you may come across, you will be disqualified! Also, you are to go after your specified target and no other! If you finish this test with any scroll, other than the one you are supposed to, or attack at team other the specified one, your team will be eliminated. In this round, killing is legal, and although this is still a team exam, should your team come up…short, the remaining members will be allowed to continue on, since there are so few of you. Once you have the scrolls, you must make it to the tower in the center of the forest. Once there you are considered safe, and no fighting may happen inside the walls of the tower. You only have three days to finish this task, since there are so few of you, so make good use of your time.”

Each team went to their specific gate and received their assignments. Of the eight remaining teams, five were from the leaf. Team Seven, Eight and Ten; Team Gai and Kabuto’s team were all alive and running for the title of chuunin. There was the Sand team still there, as well as a team from Grass and from Rain. Team Eight was supposed to go after Team Seven, of all people, and recover their scroll. Unbeknownst to Team Eight, Team seven was supposed to go after team Gai. Team Ten was to go after the team from Grass and coincidentally, the Grass team was supposed to find team Ten. Team Gai was going to find the Rain team and the Rain squad was to find team Eight. This left the Sand team to find Kabuto’s team and vise versa.

The teams were all let into the forest shortly after receiving their assignments and each quickly took to their own specialties. Team eight began to scan for their opponents, mostly though Shino’s connections with the insects in the forest, though the twin’s byakugan helped to avoid any teams that they needn’t concern themselves with.

Team ten was strategizing for their confrontation with the grass team, all they while Kiba and Akamaru were keeping a nose out for other teams.

Team seven was being their usual dysfunctional selves. They…well Sasuke, had decided that it would be better to set traps for their team, though there wasn’t very much thought to the placement of their traps, and instead of placing them near the tower, where every team would have to go eventually, they set their traps in the middle of the area where they were dropped off.

Team Gai decided to wait the first day out, hoping that rain team would tire themselves out trying to find their own target. Neji’s byakugan had picked out team seven a ways off, but they seemed more interested in trap making than this exam.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

About three and a half hours into the exam, the first sightings of the Rain team began to show up on the twins extended vision. The three weren’t any threat to the team and team eight knew it. Their chakra levels were only marginally better than team seven’s and they even had worse test scores than the most inexperienced team Konoha had to offer.

By the time that the foreign team got close enough to see their targets, Shino had attached over 200 kikaichu to the team and their chakra was already at half of what they were at full strength. They felt their chakra do down, but attributed it to the forest and their running, not to Shino’s sabotage. They saw the members of team eight sitting around a small, smokeless, fire and decided it would be a good time to get the drop on them. However, as each member of the team stabbed their target leaf nin, they were shocked to quickly find themselves covered in chakra leaching insects that drained what little chakra they had left very quickly. The twins quickly put them out of action for a good while longer, and decided it would benefit them to take the now incapacitated ninja’s scroll. That way, they could give it to another leaf team or destroy it, should it belong to one of the other teams. As long as they didn’t check into the tower with the stolen scroll, they couldn’t be penalized. They put the fire out and moved away from the rain ninja, there was no need to be there and team seven would need to be found tomorrow.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The next day came with no disturbances during the night. Shino had some insects out scouting for team seven’s location and upon waking up, received the news that they had come in contact with the grass team and come out the worse for the encounter. The Kikaichu he had sent out reported that Uchiha Sasuke now had some new, dark, chakra flowing through his body and that Ino had been injured to the point of unconsciousness, while Sakura was only hurt in her pride. When he relayed the information to his team, Shino calmly pointed out that this would be the perfect chance to capture their target scroll, with Sakura the only ‘able’ fighter among the group. The destruction insects relayed their position about three miles away from team eight currently, and noted that there were two other teams in the area. Team Gai was within byakugan range of the team, and the two other members of Kabuto’s team were watching team seven from the shadows of the trees surrounding the hastily chosen shelter.

The twins agreed that, while it might be a low blow, this was their chance to take their scroll and be done with this mission. Kurenai’s students moved out quickly, and within thirty minutes they had arrived at the clearing where Sakura had made camp the night before. The pink haired kunoichi was kneeling on the ground, battered and bruised, but mostly in shock at the scene that played out before her. The two members of Kabuto’s team had attacked her early in the morning, after she had stayed up all night watching over her team. She knew she was in over her head as soon as her trap failed to stop the duo and she had put up the best fight that she knew how, but it was far too little.

Then Lee had shown up, that green spandex wearing freak that had beaten Sasuke before this exam even started had come to her defense, and had put up a great fight. He had been winning until the two, now reveled Sound ninja, began attacking him in tandem. Individually, neither one was a match for the taijutsu specialist and even when it was two on one he had put up a great fight, however, eventually the duo wore him down until he too was kneeling on the ground, unable to move thanks to a sonic attack one of the two had used, as the victorious ninja moved towards Sasuke. It was at this point that Team eight and coincidentally team Gai arrived at the scene. Neji and Tenten had been looking for Lee ever since he failed to check in with them at the specified time and had found him just in time it appeared. Neji was all for taking Lee and getting out of there, but the arrival of his cousin(s) piqued his interest enough to stick around.

With a sudden burst of evil feeling chakra, Sasuke awoke, just as a kunai was about to impale his skull and kicked his attacker away. The two were surprised that Sasuke was able to stand so soon after the cursed seal of heaven had been given to him and took a step back to calculate their options. In less time than the blink of an eye, Sasuke had dashed from the underhand he had slept in and charged the two leaf ninja, not knowing they were traitors or that they had injured Sakura. He just wanted a fight, and those two had volunteered themselves by attempting to kill him.

The sound ninja realized what the seal meant and realized that if they killed Sasuke, they would be in deeper trouble then they would for failing to kill him. Kabuto had already split off and delivered their scroll to the Sand team and although Gaara wasn’t happy about not being able to kill anyone, they accepted the scroll, knowing that Orochimaru’s lieutenant was needed in another place for the invasion of Konoha to go off. Gaara was needed in the finals and so he would have to accept the scroll for now.

Being spies themselves, the sound ninja faked being scared of Sasuke’s power, and though it did dwarf their own reserves, he wasn’t nearly as much of a threat as Kabuto was and so they stroked his ego before running off into the forest to ‘lick their wounds’ from this ‘humiliating defeat’.

Sasuke, aside from releasing an alarming amount of chakra that felt far more sinister than anything the teams had felt before, had odd black flame marks slowly burning themselves across his skin and a maniacal look in his sharingan eyes.

“Finally…this power…this is what I need to defeat him! I am an avenger, I have forgotten that, and even if I must walk in the shadow of the devil to achieve this power, I must have it!” He began to laugh in a fashion not unbecoming of an insane shinobi, driven mad by the deeds he had seen and done in his tenure as a tool for his village.

“I must test this power further, you will fight me!” Sasuke’s new cry of power hungry rage was directed at Neji who was still on the other side of the clearing from the power tripping Uchiha. Sasuke’s charge wasn’t hard to counter for the former rookie and although Tenten had to grab Lee and jump to safety, Sasuke charge did nothing for him strategically. Charging the branch family genius once more, Sasuke was knocked to the other side of the clearing, right in front of team eight by a double palm thrust.

The jyuken strike had hurt a lot more than Sasuke had thought it would, and even in this cursed state, he had trouble standing up from the blow. As the markings spread further over his body, he began to charge Neji once more. This time however, Haran had seen enough and his team sprung into action. Shino’s insects obstructed Sasuke’s movement, only for a second, but it gave Haran enough time to grab his left shoulder in a restraining motion. Unnoticed by Sakura, Lee, Tenten and the freshly awoken Ino, Haran was pushing an enormous amount of his own chakra into the newly formed chakra pathways that the cursed seal had created, not just blocking them, but destroying the pathways at the tenketsu and stopping the spread of the tainted chakra.

Sasuke let out an almost inhuman scream as part of his chakra system was destroyed and his newly discovered power was halted in its tracks. Shino, Hinata and Neji were shocked by the damage that Haran was able to do, especially since it seemed to have the penetrating power of lightning natured chakra in it. Hinata shot her younger brother a look of interest and Shino just kept his eyes on Team Gai. Neji was shocked that the dead last knew the jyuken! Had it been Hinata who had destroyed the Uchiha’s chakra system, he would’ve been alright with it, sure he would have questioned how someone as weak as her could accomplish the feat, but she was a Hyuuga after all, and perhaps somewhere deep down within her, she had the talent that was ingrained into every member of the clan.

Haran let Sasuke fall from his grip and watched as the dark avenger was once more rendered unconscious in this exam. Hinata walked over to Sakura and checked on her wounds, finding nothing more than some minor cuts and bruising. Ino had shakily stood up and walked over to her friend as well and it was that action that reminded Hinata of her team’s purpose of being in the area in the first place.

“Ino-san, we have come to take your scroll, neither you nor your team has the ability to fight the three of us, so please just give us the scroll.” While she didn’t think it would work, Hinata knew that an opportunity to end a conflict via peaceful means was always best.

“You’re right.” Ino let out a sigh before releasing an angry huff in rapid succession. “It’s not like we could advance anyway, stupid Uchiha.” Now it was both of the other teams turns to be shocked, as the normally feisty blonde handed over their scroll to Hinata over the protests of Sakura.

“How did you know that you weren’t eligible for promotion?” Shino inquired politely.

Ino blushed a bit.

“Well, during the first exam, I went to switch minds with Sakura and I missed and hit one of the plants instead. He knew about Kakashi not nominating us, and how Sasuke was being targeting by Orochimaru, fat load of good that info did me though.”

Team eight nodded and began to help team seven heal their minor wounds, when Neji’s voice carried over the clearing.

“Whose scroll is that you have?”

It was Shino who answered the question, cutting off Haran who was going to answer with something more argumentative than was necessary.

“The rain team attempted to ambush us last night. Is that the team you were supposed to hunt?”

“Yeah, it was.” Tenten answered, still supporting a barely conscious Lee. “Um…do you think we could have it?”

Shino just took their pilfered scroll and tossed it to team Gai, unhappy about having to let another team pass this exam, but at least it was a Leaf squad. Having gotten the scroll they needed, Team Gai quickly headed out and towards the tower; while team eight began to help team seven heal and move Sasuke to the tower for medical observation. None of the five conscious shinobi felt like they were being watched, though they were. As Neji and his team made their way towards the tower, his byakugan was focused on one figure. Uzumaki Naruto, if that was his name knew the jyuken and had been able to combine it with chakra nature manipulation and Neji needed to know how.