TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Pokemon: Akatsuki Style! by SilverFoxGirl

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, Pokemon or anything else in here that belongs to someone else. If I did, Sasori would never have died and Team Rocket would be a lot cooler.

This fic came about one day when my brother and I were watching the sixth pokemon movie (which isn't worth watching, by the way) ,when the villain(-ish) was flying around being dramatic and I wondered what would happen if Deidara flew by and knocked him out of the air. Things went downhill from there. The sad part is I can actually picture the Akatsuki as pokemon trainers. I’ll be following the game mostly, I think, since I haven’t watched the show in years. If I get something wrong don’t hesitate to tell me. Hopefully by the time the second chapter comes out I’ll have something resembling a plot worked out.

Anyway, summary is: What happens when our four favorite Akatsuki members (i.e. Itachi, Kisame, Deidara and Sasori. I might add others if you ask me to) are mysteriously transported to the poor, unsuspecting pokemon world? Nothing good. Team Rocket's about to be shown up as some real villains enter the picture. Mwahahaha. Oh, and the pokemon at the start is missing-no. Because what better way to open up a hole between worlds than with the glitch pokemon. Anyway, tell me what you think. I don't think this has been done before.

–blah” – Communicating through speech

‘blah’ – Communicating through glances. My way of including Itachi in conversations without making him too OOC.
Chapter One: Missing-no

The Akatsuki's most famous pair were in wind country doing what they usually did - catching biju. This one was proving a bit stranger than usual. It looked strange, too, all pixelly and blurred. Itachi and Kisame were a little taken aback by this, and had thought it prudent to call for backup. Especially after Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan had no effect on it. So it was that Sasori and Deidara were there, too.

Itachi was currently staring at the biju with his sharingan, trying to figure out why his fire was affecting it. What he saw just made his head spin, as if he was seeing billions of scenes from billions of different places all at once. Not that he showed it. Getting dizzy in front of others would just ruin his reputation.

Deidara was behind a rock with Sasori making his biggest clay sculpture yet. The small ones hadn't even annoyed it and he'd wasted a lot of clay on them. Luckily he'd found tons of it in the marsh-like ditch he was currently kneeling beside. Sasori was mourning over his puppet, the one he'd just finished making the day before and that was now ruined beyond repair.

Kisame was getting frustrated. His water attacks just slid off the thing. Nobody had quite managed to work up the courage to get into close combat, it's appearance was so unnerving. Finally, he got fed up and unsheathed Samehada. If chakra attacks wouldn't work, maybe a chakra-eating sword would. He rushed toward the biju.

"Kisame, wait!" Itachi ordered the shark-nin, who ignored him. Itachi hesitated, then ran after him. Deidara and Sasori, noticing this, looked at each other before following at a safe distance. They were long-range fighters, after all.

When the Samehada touched the pixel biju, however, something strange happened. An icy numbness filled the four Akatsuki members, which alarmed Sasori seeing how he hadn't felt anything in almost twenty years, and they suddenly became light-headed. Itachi was the first to notice that his body had become pixelated, though to his sharingan it just looked like it was disappearing. The others held their hands in front of their faces in a kind of mute astonishment. Then the world went white. The last thought Itachi had was that he should probably be alarmed.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They woke up in a strange, brightly lit room. As soon as Sasori opened his eyes a pink-haired woman in a nurse's outfit, with the strangest hair he'd ever seen in his life, walked over. Upon looked at her neon hair and the bright, sickeningly sweet smile on her face, Sasori decided she was someone he should get away from as fast as possible.

"Oh, you're awake." She addressed him in a concerned, high-pitched voice. "We were very worried about you. When we found you all unconscious near the town we thought you'd been attacked by wild pokemon. The other three seem to be fine, but you weren't breathing."

Inwardly, Sasori cursed. This was why he hated doctors, they always asked annoying questions. He hoped she hadn't noticed that he still wasn't breathing. That could be awkward. He was in the middle of thinking up a decent excuse when Deidara woke up, took one look at the situation and, with his usual uncanny ability, deduced in seconds what was going on.

"Sasori-danna has a condition where his wind pipes don't work properly, un. He almost died when he was born, but the doctors managed to put together an alternate way of breathing in time to save him, un. It's really cutting edge, but Sasori-danna doesn't really like talking about it. he was teased pretty badly when he was young, un." Throughout the explanation, Deidara's face just oozed sincerity in that way that made most people trust him instantly. Which was fortunate, because Sasori didn't know if what Deidara had just described was even possible.

The nurse's face immediately went from confused to motherly. "Oh, you poor thing!" Sasori sent his partner a half-hearted glare. Now the nurse would hover over him the entire time they were there. Another reason to get out of there quickly.

Kisame woke up next. He sat up, took in the scene, and decided to put his two cents in. "So, where are we?"

They looked at him. Sasori wondered if Deidara could come up with an excuse to explain Kisame's appearance.

“You’re in Pallet town! Officer Jenny found you guys when she was patrolling the town outskirts and brought you to the new Pokemon Center. “ She hesitated here. “We thought, from your…appearance…that maybe you’d escaped from Team Rocket.”

“Okay, back up,” Kisame interrupted her. “First, let’s get some things straight. What is a pokemon? Who are you? And who is Team Rocket?”

The nurse was surprised at this. “You’ve never heard of pokemon?”

“Obviously not. Are you going to tell us or not?” Sasori spoke up for the first time.

“Well…here, let’s do it this way.” She walked over to a shelf filled with red and white balls. Picking one up, she tossed it to the floor, where it opened and, with a burst of white light, a small bird appeared. “This is a pidgey, a flying pokemon. There are many different kinds, like fire or water. They live in the wild all over the land and some people catch them with pokeballs.” She showed them the ball the pidgey had come out of. Some keep them as pets but others, called Pokemon Trainers, train them to battle. They travel all over the world training until eventually they get good enough to try for the title of Pokemon Master.” Just then a light came on near the door. “Oh, someone needs me out front. You can stay here and play with the pidgey until I come back.”

When she was gone, Itachi spoke up. “Is she gone?”

“Yeah.”

“Good.” He sat up and opened his eyes, revealing sharingan on full alert. “We seem to be in another world.”

Sasori looked at him. “No, really?” He began to check that all his things were in place. They were, evidently nobody had thought to search them for weapons. Which was another thing that bugged him. “Wherever we are, he people are extremely trusting.”

Kisame nodded. “We should probably keep our skills secret until we know what’s considered normal here. No sense alienating the populace when we’ll need them to find a way out of here.” As always, he came up with the practical plan.

Through all of this, Deidara had taken the nurse’s invitation to play with the pidgey. As all birds seemed to, the pidgey immediately got very attached to the blond. He looked up when he felt the others’ eyes on him. “Can I keep it, un?”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over in the clearing the four Akatsuki had been found in, there was another flash and Sasuke was deposited unceremoniously to the ground. Through a twist of fate (i.e. he was still conscious) Sasuke managed to collect himself and move off the path before he was picked up. A trio of teenage girls came into view and Sasuke considered asking them where he was. Remembering his fanclub back in Konoha, however, he decided to stay hidden.

As they passed his position, he could hear them giggling over something called a Jigglypuff. It sounded like something a civilian girl would play with. Then one of them took out what looked to be some type of ball and made a large, pink fluffy thing come out of it. Sasuke’s eyes narrowed. How had she done that? It wasn’t any jutsu he’d seen, and no self-respecting shinobi would have a summon like that. He was almost tempted to come out and ask what it was, but as soon as he got a good look at the pink thing the sheer, unrelenting, horrible cuteness of it made him freeze in his tracks. By the time he recovered the group was long gone. On second thought, maybe it would be a good summon.

No matter. His first priority was to find his brother. It Itachi thought being sucked into another was going to stop Sasuke from getting his revenge he had another thing coming.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The four Akatsuki members were lined up against the wall of Professor Oak’s lab. Said professor was currently attempting to explain the nature of pokemon and pokemon trainers to the mystified shinobi.

“And that is what a pokemon is. Whatever you choose to do you will be affected by them one way or another, so it is important to gain an understanding.”

“Okay. What do we do if we want to be trainers?” Since none of the Akatsuki could even consider a normal, sedentary life becoming pokemon trainers was the obvious choice. Besides, they’d need to move around to find a way home, and depending on how powerful these creatures were they might bring some back with them.

“First you’ll need to get your very first pokemon. People get them in a variety of ways, but where you would get one is here. I happen to have some starting pokemon just imported from the Johto region. Once you begin your journey you’ll encounter many more. The life of a pokemon trainer is full of surprises. You’ll meet many wonderful people and build lasting friendships.”

A noise that sounded suspiciously like a snort dame from Sasori at that last part. It was masked, however, by a loud hoot coming from Deidara’s cloak.

“What is that?” The professor asked curiously. Sasori rolled his eyes.

“Seriously, Deidara, if you’re going to steal the pidgey do it properly.” He commented dryly. Deidara pouted.

“I was in a hurry, un.”

Professor Oak looked quite alarmed by this. “I should tell you that stealing pokemon is about the worst thing you can do. Only the lowest of the low would do something so despicable.”

Deidara had the sense to look repentant. “I’m sorry, un. It was just so cute…and it was looking at me just begging me to take it with me, un. It seemed so lonely…” Fortunately, Deidara had a gift for looking innocent, something none of the other Akatsuki members bought for an instant but that everybody else did. The professor fell for it.

“Well, I suppose I can overlook it this once. Just make sure not to do it again.” He seemed to consider something. “As a matter of fact, we’ve been looking for an owner for that pidgey for a while. You see, she’s the runt of her litter. Most pidgey are much bigger, and no matter what we do we can’t teach her how to fly.”

Deidara’s eyes went wide. “You mean I can keep it?” So surprised was he that he dropped the ‘un’ at the end of the sentence.

“Her,” the professor corrected, “and yes, if you promise to take care of her. Do you have her pokeball?”

“Yeah. “ Deidara pulled out the pokeball. “I didn’t know how to use it, un.”

“Then it’s settled! I assume you all want pokemon as well?” At their nods he continued. “If you follow me, I’ll show you where we keep the pokemon we give to starting trainers.”

They shrugged and followed him through the lab. Soon they came to a room much like the last one, but with an odd-looking table in the center. On the table were three red and white balls identical to the one belonging to the pidgey.

“These three pokemon have been handpicked as excellent starting pokemon. You may each choose one.” Walking to the table, he released the three pokemon. “They’re called Totadile, Cyndaquil and Chikorita.

Kisame took one look at the totadile and made his choice. The totadile disagreed, and shot a rather strong water gun at his face. This, of course, just made him like the pokemon even more. Nobody could figure out why. Or at least Sasori couldn’t figure out why. Deidara was too busy rolling on the floor laughing, while Itachi was inspecting the other two pokemon.

“It’s puny.” He poked the cyndaquil, causing it to burst into flames. Itachi blinked and, ignoring his smoking hand, actually smiled. It was the first sign of emotion he’d shown all day, causing Kisame to think maybe this world was a good influence on him. “I’ll take it.”

That left Sasori with the chikorita. The puppetmaster looked at the pokemon. The chikorita bounced up and rubbed against his leg. He twitched. “No.”

Kisame gave him an almost-sympathetic look. The professor was puzzled. “He’s the only one left. Looks like he likes you.”

“I don’t want it.” Sasori stated flatly, and it was clear that he wasn’t going to budge on the matter. The chikorita looked up at him, hurt. Professor Oak picked it up.

“There there, he didn’t mean it like that.” He soothed the distraught pokemon. Returning it to its pokeball, he turned back to Sasori. “You should be more considerate. Pokemon have feelings too, you know.”

Sasori didn’t reply, making the professor frown. “I don’t have any more pokemon to give you.”

“That’s fine. I don’t want one.”

“I see. Perhaps it’s for the best. Will you be staying here for a while or will you start your journey?”

“We’ll leave,” Itachi spoke up. He headed for the door, the other three following behind.

“Wait! I just remembered something!” They turned as the professor started rooting around the cupboards. "“ want you each to have one of these.” He held out four red devices. “These are called pokedexes. Whenever you catch a pokemon it’s recorded here. Also, they’re equipped with information on every known kind of pokemon. Just point it at the pokemon and a profile of it will come up. This is the newest version I just finished a couple of days ago. I took the liberty of making a manual that outlines all the features, so be sure to go through it eventually.

“Thanks,” Deidara thought to say as they inspected the pokedexes.

Sasori was frowning. “Do they come in other colors?”

“No, I’m afraid not.”

He was about to comment again when there was a shout from outside. Professor Oak immediately ran outside to see what was wrong. The Akatsuki, having nothing better to do, followed. When they got outside they found the professor kneeling beside a young boy who was nursing a scraped knee and wiping away tears.

“It’s alright now,” he soothed. “Can you tell me what happened?”

“W-well, I was walking home a-and this green thing j-just jumped out at me a-and I think it hit me ‘cause I fell down. A-and then everything sort of went funny a-and I couldn’t see right,” the boy sobbed.

“It’s gone now,” the professor assured the boy. “Why don’t you go home. I’ll make sure it doesn’t bother you again.”

“O-okay.” Professor Oak turned toward his lab with a sigh.

“I bet it’s that ralts again,” he murmured, looking at some bushes.

“Ralts?” Deidara questioned. Sasori was looking at some bushes curiously.

“It’s a psychic pokemon that’s been causing trouble lately, but nobody can find it.” The professor shook his head, stopping as he noticed Sasori heading into the forest. “I’d advise you not to go in there without a pokemon to protect you,” he called out. Sasori glanced back.

“I think I can handle it. I’ll catch up to you later.”

“But-.”

“Just let him go. Sasori can take care of himself.” Kisame advised the concerned professor.

“Are we leaving now? I’m bored,un,” Deidara complained from his position against of the houses lining the road.

“In a minute, Deidara,” Kisame waved the blond off as he turned back to the professor. The blond pouted and wandered off. “So we just wander around aimlessly for a few years?”

“Well there are several goals many trainers use to decide where to go. For example, throughout each region there are several gyms where trainers go to test their skills. If you defeat the gym leader in a pokemon battle you receive a badge. After you’ve collected all the badges in a particular region you can participate in a tournament held once a year and go head to head with other top-notch trainers to decide who will be called the champion.”

“Sounds exciting.” It was hard to tell whether Kisame was being sarcastic or not.

“Oh, it is. I remember when I was a young boy…”

“Oh, look at the time.” Kisame must have been pretty desperate, because there were no clocks in sight.” We should be going. Now where did Deidara go?” He looked over at Itachi questioningly.

Itachi’s glance was bored. ‘I wasn’t watching him.’

“Great. We’ve lost Deidara again.”


------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Are you sure it was a good idea to let them leave like that?” Nurse Joy asked softly after the group had left.

“No, but I think they’ll be fine.”

“It’s not them I’m worried about.”