TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Mission Request by Narshe Delvar

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: This is a work of pure fiction, intended for enjoyment in reading. In no way am I in relation to TokyoTV and in collaboration to the Naruto project. Sorotobi, Narshe Delvar, and the other random characters I've created in this story, though, ARE mine, and are not to be used without my consent, ne? Nijiru is copywrite to my friend, Nigelus, or Nigel. He specifically wanted me to use his character in this fic. =3

A/N: Yummy yummy first story, ne? Me first actual fanfic based off of an anime. Didn't do too badly in creating it either, or that is what everyone that read it said. =X Though I am quite proud that I was able to create something of this magnitude while staying within the world of Naruto.

This fic is going to be a lilttle crazy, especially later on. I've protected myself under a buffer for later content that I plan on putting into it.

As for right now, my character IS of age. If you want any information on him, I can email/message ya the character sheet that I made of him. I do that to keep track of all the main original characters that I use.

That is about it for the time being about how the rating and whatnot will be for the story. Enjoy, and leave many comments, suggestions, and praise! I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I have writing it!

Now, on with T3H show!!!!
The sun was bright, with the sky very clear. A very beautiful day for a walk outside. Just what Narshe wanted to do anyway. He always went for a morning walk, right after eating breakfast and before his daily morning training. It always helped him to clear his mind whenever he walked across the beautiful green plains on days such as these. It was mild with a nice breeze blowing from the East. And not a cloud in the sky to be seen for miles.

Watching the tall grass teeter over with a fairly strong gust, a smile crept its way across his face, enjoying the site of nature playing with each other. Then the smile slowly started to fade away. He was all alone, having been that way for nearly two years now. Sorotobi was long dead, having been captured by the ninjas from the Hidden Village of Cloud far to the North from where he was then. Letting out a small sigh, he hung his head down, then brought it up with a large smile, his eyes closed as he looked up to the sky.

“Yosh!!! Today will be a great day! I can’t wait to start training!”

His voice was excited as he started to run through the plains, extending his hands outward to catch the grass in them. After about thirty minutes of that, he came back to his little one-man tent he had pitched up and went into it to grab something out of it. Emerging from the flaps of the tent, he carried out a very large abscene blade, curved just like a sickle, except far larger than the normal blade. Plus it had a jagged edge on the inside curve, very much like a jigsaw, except more fine and not nearly as complicated, since he didn’t use it to cut wood, often.

Grasping the hilt of the blade with both of his hands, he started out with a warm-up technique that his master showed him when he first started to use the blade. Swinging it in an upward manner, he brought it back down in the same position, then swung around to his left and did a roundhouse kick into the air, letting the blade tip catch in the ground to stop him. Without pause, he pulled it right out and started to spin it around him, using both hands to keep the blade under control. Once he had enough momentum for the blade to become a blur, he started dancing, moving to a certain rhythm that he only knew, using his body’s flexibility to guide the blade wherever he wanted it to go. It was far more intricate than what it looked like, though. It took strength and stamina to be able to keep such a large and heavy blade stable like that. Plus, with the way the blade is shaped, its weight tends to go to one side, making it that much harder to keep it stable.

After a little while of doing that, mixing in kicks, jumps, and full-body movements, Narshe slowed down the blade and drove it into the ground, leaving it there while he went back into the tent to grab his other weapon, a large scythe. The pole-arm was close to six feet in length, while the hooked blade was around three. It was a very wicked blade, looking like a crescent. There was a very dark hue to it, very much like auburn, but there was a bit of obsidian mixed into the color too, so it was more like a marble design of the two colors. Something not seen in blades at all now-a-days.

Walking about twenty feet from where the assassin blade was driven into the ground, Narshe started on his regiment for the scythe that was burned into his memory. All the while he was swinging the blade around, keeping control of it, he thought of how many ninjas actually used these kinds of weapons. Then he started to go on a tangent about what kind of weapons they did use. He knew that his master was a ninja from a Hidden Village, but he never did talk about anyone else or the battles that he used to have before he became a Missing-Nin.

Narshe’s hand slipped off of the shaft of the weapon that he had and it flew into the air, falling back down and driving into the ground, the bottom of the weapon going in. The blade almost touched the ground by the time it stopped. With shaken eyes, he looked at the weapon and fell to the ground, his hands to his face. The last time he had done that was when he first started using that jutsu. It wasn’t the fact that he messed up that he was so disturbed, but the memories that he had whenever it happened. He faced major punishment for messing up during that jutsu. And if he wasn’t careful, the blade could have come down on his head and not five feet from where he was.

Shaking himself out of it after a minute, the kid looked up to the sky and realized it was time to move on. He had been staying in these plains for a few days now and knew that it was a bad idea to stay in one spot too long whenever he was in a place that he knew nothing about.

Packing all of the camping equipment up, he put it all on his backpack and strapped it to his back, over the ninja vest that he wore. There were six scroll slots on the front, but there were only two that were actually in use. They were scrolls that his master had taught him to use, but only whenever he was in very bad trouble, because it was a double-edged sword.

Once the backpack was on secure, he put on the large cloak that he wore and pulled up the hood to cover his head and lower face. Then he placed the two large weapons on his back, on the holsters that were put into the actual cloak, and walked south. Right before he entered the forest with large trees, he saw an area that was covered in white trees. What caught his eye, though, was a body sticking out of one of them towards the top of one, with his arm looking like a very large white round spearhead. Blinking at that once, he went on about his business and entered the forest.

Just like with before, Narshe was very cautious about where he went. He was taught all forms of ninja traps that were used and could usually tell where one was if he looked hard enough. After surveying the area for a little bit, he realized that it was peaceful and hadn’t encountered any real battles, so traps were rarities in these areas. Moving faster, he hopped from tree branch to tree branch for quite a few hours. He had gathered information in the last town that he was in that there was a large Hidden Village to the South in the Country of Fire. He just had to find the main road that led to it.

Sure enough, after a few more hours, he came about to a large road, worn with travel. Relieved to see it, he jumped down from the branch he was on and sat down, leaning back on the same tree he just left. He pulled out a small apple from his backpack and started nibbling on it, pulling the hood down so that he could eat it.

After the ten minute power rest, he was ready to go again. Pulling the hood back over his head, he started at a run towards a small town. Seeing that it was a normal post town, he only stopped there for a few minutes and grabbed some fruit, a few oranges, apples, and bananas, and started on his way again, quickly eating a banana to keep him going the rest of the day.

After a few more hours, Narshe started to notice that the sun was setting to his right. But he also noticed that he could faintly see a large wall off in the distance. ‘Yata!! I’m finally here…I think. I hope so,’ he thought, running even faster towards what he thought was his destination.

Arriving to the wall in only a few minutes, the descriptions that he remembered started to come back to him. Narshe was finally in the Hidden Village of Konoha. Or nearly in it; he had to get past the sentries that were posted at the large gates there. Walking up to the men, one of them eyed the kid carefully and ran to a superior.

The men kept a careful eye on the new character that just arrived out of nowhere. They were not scheduled to have anyone to come through here for quite sometime, so they assumed that this was just a traveler. But seeing the large weapons and noticing the monstrous chakra level of the kid, they started to hesitate about what they should do. Was the person an enemy? An ally? Hired muscle?

The man who was in charge of watching the gate looked at the concerned men. “If you are worried about him attacking, then you are a bunch of fools. You can tell that he is just a traveler; and a weary one at that. Look at his steps carefully.”

All the men looked at the kid and did notice that his steps were fairly uneven. He really did look exhausted. The men relaxed a little bit, but still kept their guard up, since that was their job in the first place.

Narshe really was tired. It had been a very long time since he full out sprinted like that with everything still equipped on him. Panting, he cursed himself for his lack of thinking. ‘Baka!! Baka, baka!! You damn fool! What will happen to you if someone or something attacked out right now? Rushing won’t ever help matters like these much.’ Panting more, he looked up and saw the guards, all of them looking friendly enough. He let out a sigh. ‘At least they are not hostile to start off with. Things would have looked bad if they were.’

Nodding his head to the men, one of them came up to Narshe. “What kind of business do you have here, kid?”

He looked up at the man and gently smiled, though it was not seen. “I’ve come here, basically, to ask for a mission request for the Hokage.”

“Ah, souka. Then you may enter.”

“Arigato gozaimasu.”

Narshe crossed the large threshold and into the Hidden Village of Konoha. It was SO much bigger than that of Cloud. He felt like he could really get lost in such a vast town. Walking down the main road, the sun was starting to really disappear from the sky, making it harder to see. Thankfully, lights had already been lit long before the sun fully disappeared, so there was still quite a bit of lumination to be able to see.

The buildings were constructed very strangely, almost haphazardly, but it all looked very solid. ‘Who knows, it might just be a special way to build buildings that makes the structures stronger.’ That thought passed through his mind as he continued on. From what it looked like, he would have to find a place to sleep for tonight. He had a little bit of money from the last mission that he took, about a week ago, so it should be enough for a decent room.

But before that, Narshe wanted to eat something good. Looking around a little bit, he was soon able to find a ramen shop, named Ichiraku Ramen. ‘That sure smells good!! I think it won’t hurt to eat up a little bit before I find a place to sleep.’

Walking up to the shop, he pushed the flaps to the side and walked in. “Welcome!! What would you like tonight?” He was very cheerful and full of life. The young lady that worked there also had a cheerful air about them. Narshe was happy to see that they were not intimidated by his weapons, as were most people. Then he remembered that Konoha is a ninja village, so they should be used to these kinds of things.

“I would like a large bowl of ramen with lots of beef in it!” Pulling his hood back, he smiled at the old man and young lady, pulling his very long braided hair out of his cloak. He shook his head a little bit to get some knots out, and placed some money on the table.

“Coming right up,” the old man said, getting the bowl set up and ready to go.

“Yata!!! Ramen, Ramen!!!” The chant was heard from all around by a very loud voice. Suddenly a kid wearing orange clothing and a forehead protector on his forehead came into the Ichiraku ramen shop.

“Oh? You’re back again?” The old man spoke to the kid with the blonde hair.

“Of course! Your ramen is the best.”

A bowl of ramen was already out and given to the kid, then another was immediately set down in front of Narshe.

“Itadekimasu!!!” The kid yelled before diving in.

Narshe looked over at the blonde-haired ninja and let out a small giggle before grabbing a pair of chopsticks and diving into his own bowl of ramen.

Naruto looked up and over at the older kid sitting on one of the stools. He had never seen anyone like him before, and the weapons that were on him were not some child’s play weapons. But what caught the attention of him the most was the monstrous chakra the kid had and the stool that looked like it was about to break under the strain of him sitting on it.

By the time Narshe had finished his bowl of ramen, Naruto had finished four. A bit wide-eyed, he marveled at how someone as small as him could eat so much. “Sukei…that is something you don’t see everyday.” He looked over at the old man and smiled at him. “Arigato. That was the best ramen I have ever had. I’ll be sure to remember you whenever I pass through again.”

Waving goodbye, Narshe left the small ramen shop and went about to find billeting for the night. The blonde-haired kid looked off at the person with really long hair and large weapons, then back at the barstool. He threw a chopstick at it and the chair fell to pieces from the little bit of force. All three people that were in there were surprised to see that happen. Then the old man got onto Naruto about that and talking about charging him. The kid then argued with him. It became very noisy very quickly.

Hearing the ruckus back at the Ichiraku ramen shop, Narshe smiled sheepishly and kept going. That normally happened to his stools every time he sat in one. All the weight that he carried on him would literally kill a regular person. Each piece of armor that he wore weighed two tons a piece, for a grand total of ten tons that he carried on him. Compared to that, his weapons were literally nothing, barely even 20 to 30 pounds combined.

Passing by a Dango shop, he quickly looked inside because of the really good and sweet smell that he got a whiff caught his attention. But his smelling was short-lived when he noticed that he was being watched by one of the people inside. A woman with really spiky hair that wore mesh body armor with a tan trench coat caught his eye, making sure that he didn’t look directly at her. He saw that the woman had gone back to eating her dango’s soon afterwards. Something didn’t feel right at all about her. She was far too strong to just be glancing up and at strangers outside; not when she looked that engrossed in eating her food before he passed by.

Anko was enjoying her food quite fondly, at Shizune’s expense, unfortunately. The woman with the black clothing was stressing out over having to pay for the food while the woman with the tan trench coat ate nearly all of it. “Hey, you were the one who said we should go out to eat and pay after my mission was done. And you also said I could pick the place.”

Shizune started to say something, but was soon stopped by Anko’s hand as the both of them looked to the entrance, seeing a boy no more than eighteen years old pass by, stopping and smelling the food. They, too, noticed the energy that the kid seemed to emanate and the extremely large weapons that he had strapped to his back. Both of them also thought he was very cute at the same time too. When they noticed that he was glancing at them, they immediately went back to eating their food.

Once the kid was gone, Anko got up from where she was sitting, getting a question from Shizune. “Wait! Where are you going?”

“You saw that kid. And I’m sure as hell you felt that level of chakra. For someone to just come waltzing into the village like that, we could be in very big trouble. I’m going to keep an eye out on him for a while and see what he is up to.” Anko left before Shizune was given time to even retort. An old lady came up to the girl and asked for the bill, getting an “EHHHHH!!” from the healing ninja.

The jounin was jumping from rooftop to rooftop, keeping a close eye on handsome kid that was right below her.

Narshe suddenly had the feeling like he was being watched and looked around in the alleyways, then up at the roofs. Seeing nothing there, he shrugged and went on again looking for billeting for the night.

For a second, Anko thought she was about to be caught there. She sure as hell knew that this kid was at LEAST a jounin-level ninja. Probably one of the strongest she had ever encountered, even though the two hadn’t met yet. Being more careful now, she kept an eye on the kid.

Narshe was soon able to find a room for the night; and at a very cheap price too. ‘Yata! And I still have enough money to spend a little bit on while I’m here,’ he thought as he went up to his room. When he turned the knob of the door, he stopped, having a sensation that someone was already in there. Opening the door without hesitation, he turned on the lights, only to find nothing in there. Letting out a small sigh, he wondered if it was his nerves at being in a ninja village that was keeping him on edge tonight.

Removing his weapons, he hung them on hooks that were on the walls and went about to remove his cloak, placing it gently on the ground. As long as he didn’t throw them around any, it was safe to assume that nothing would break if he placed them on something.

“Mmmm…after eating such a good meal, I’m ready for bed. But first…please show yourself, Miss Lady. I can’t relax with people hiding around my room.” His voice was calm the entire time.

Anko strangled her breath for a second, wondering how the kid knew she was hiding right outside his window. ‘Damn! He is much better than I thought…I should not have underestimated him.’ She jumped into the room and immediately her jaw dropped. She saw the chuunin vest and a forehead protector on his arm showing the symbol of the Village of Cloud. He was about to remove the shirt that was under his vest whenever she had come in. He didn’t think that the woman would actually comply with what he said and come out. Suddenly flushing, Narshe turned around and pulled his shirt down, putting his vest back on, but not zipping it up.

“I didn’t think that you would have actually complied with the demand. Konoha shinobi seem to be much more open about what they do when it comes to being discovered. You must be strong to reveal yourself in that manner. Shinobi really are quite strange…” Narshe’s voice sounded very distant, like he was thinking of something else, namely the body of the woman in front of her. She sure knew how to flaunt it.

Anko, a little bit distraught from the sudden exposure to skin like that, shook that out of her and was a little confuse by what the kid said. “Eh? Strange?”

He giggled a little bit, closing his right eye. “Yes, strange. I’m not a ninja, if that is what you are thinking. Though I might dress as one, these items are not mine. I was taught by one, but I’ve never actually became one. Never had a chance to. But that isn’t important right at the moment. Am I that suspicious as to be spied on by a jounin-level ninja?”

Anko became a little exasperated. ‘Yes, you would be, with them damn humongous weapons you carry and the holes that you leave in the ground,’ she answered to herself. “Well, you are not someone from the Village of Konoha, so we have to keep an eye out for new people that are unknown.”

The kid giggled, making Anko blush slightly. “Souka, souka. You really don’t have to worry about me doing anything bad here. I’ve just come here to request a mission. Nothing more. After that, I’ll be out of here.”

The jounin looked around, and then back at the kid. “For now, I’ll take your word for it.” She jumped out the window and was still on the ledge, looking back at the kid. “But, with chakra like yours, it will be hard to move around much by tomorrow morning without some sort of resistance. Be prepared.” She disappeared soon after that.

“I thought that would be the case. I just hope nobody will get hurt.”

Narshe sighed, removing his shirt again, having a little bit of trouble getting the sleeves over the armlets, but soon got it off. Looking at his left armlet, he stared at the forehead protector. Then he looked up at the window, still open from the visit by the jounin ninja. “Hmm? Just two ANBU squads around here? They really are taking me lightly…” He let out a small laugh and went to lie down on the bed, sleeping almost instantly.


Waking up early in the morning, Narshe looked about his room, smiling that everything was still in place. He let himself go and relaxed, sleeping fully. Revitalized, he got himself dressed and ready in less than ten minutes. He knew he didn’t have time to do his morning training today, so he was going to go on ahead and immediately start on business today.

Leaving his room, he walked down the hall and gave the key to the receptionist. “Good day, sir!! Come back again sometime.”

Glancing back, he smiled softly. “I’ll be sure to when I’m back in town again.” Then he went about on his way again.

Glancing around a little bit, he noticed that the two ANBU squads were still around the area somewhere. He was unable to pinpoint where they were, though. But he wasn’t worried with them at all. At least, if they don’t attack, that is. Then he would have to retaliate, something he didn’t want to do here, especially with so many bystanders walking all over the place.

The sound of a very loud and somewhat obnoxious voice was heard echoing through the air. It sounded very familiar to Narshe for some reason. His eye caught sight of the same blonde kid from last night with the orange clothing. But this time he was with an old man dressed in red clothing and with very white hair. That man was one of the strongest people Narshe had ever encountered before. Possibly even stronger than his own master, who was almost god-like in terms of jutsus.

“Alright!!! New jutsu, new jutsu!! I wanna learn it!!”

“Jeez…can’t you tone it down a little bit?”

“Ehehehe. I’m just excited to learn something new…EH!? It’s you, from last night at the ramen shop.”

Thinking a minute, Narshe confirmed that that was the same kid. “Yeah, it is. I’m sorry you got in trouble for the destruction of the stool. I tend to forget that I’m carrying around all of this weight.”

By this time, Jiraiya looked hard at the kid, confirming that this was the same person that Anko had had a little run-in with last night. “Ehhh…it looks like we won’t have time to train today. Maybe some other time, Naruto.”

“NANI!? You always do this, Ero-Sennin!! Are you going to be doing more of your “research,” pervert!? And what do you mean ‘Carrying around all this weight?”

“Naruto!! I’ll train you later. Right now, though, it is very imperative that I get this done quickly.” Jiraiya gave a glace over to Narshe, who just smiled right back at the man, no intent to even put up a guard.

“Oh?? It seems that this village is in even worse shape if everyone is on a knife’s edge whenever someone like me comes creeping in. I’ll tell it to you right now: I’m not here to fight. I’m only here to request a mission. I need some major help in reconnaissance. But…if this village wants a fight…I’ll be glad to give them one that will be just as grand as what happened here…” There was a certain edge in his voice that even Naruto picked up that sent chills down his spine. The look in the older kid’s eyes was almost scary. But the strangest thing was the color of the left eye. It suddenly started to turn from a blue color to that of a dark red, getting ready for battle.

Jiraiya didn’t pay much notice to the kid’s eye, but more, where his hands were under that cloak of his. ‘Even though he doesn’t seem hostile at all, one can’t be too careful.’ “How about you come with me for a little bit then? I’ll take you to the person that organizes the missions for the village, so this will help you out in the end. Also…I won’t try anything funny. So come, let us visit the fifth Hokage.”

Narshe started to follow the old man, leaving Naruto in the dust behind them, confused as hell about everything right at the moment. “Nani? Ore? W-wait for me!” He started to run after Ero-Sennin and the Assassin blade user.