TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto and the Dead Man's Chest by Sabyr

[Reviews - 16]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I'm alergic to bad reviews! ^_^

This was written for the PotC fic contest! I will try to make it fun and well-written!

Disclaimer: If you thought this I am flattered but I do not own the Naruto anime or manga, unfortunately.

Naruto and The Dead Man’s Chest

Chapter One: A Rank?!

Naruto sat, eating quietly at Icharaku… Finally, he was going to train with Jiraiya-Sama again. Then, he would be able to face Sasuke again… This would be the last time he would eat at his favorite ramen shop for a while…

“NARUTO!”

Naruto turned around and saw Sakura running after him, “NARUTO! STOP!”

“Yes, Sakura-Chan?” Naruto asked. They had already said their goodbyes, what could she want? Naruto could think of some inappropriate reasons.

“You can’t leave, Tsunade-Sama is settings us up on one last mission before you leave!”

“Eh?! But what about my training?!” Naruto whined.

“That’ll have to wait.” Sakura replied. “Come on!” she said before dragging him by his arm.

Naruto and Sakura entered the Hokage’s office and saw Team Gai standing there, they looked at them and greeted them.

“Hello Naruto-Kun and Sakura-Chan!” Rock Lee said loudly.

“Naruto, Sakura good see you.” Said Gai, “Where is Kakashi?”

Suddenly, at that moment, Kakashi appeared beside Sakura and Naruto.

“Hello!” He said cheerfully, “Sorry I was late, I was-”

“LIAR!” Naruto and Sakura yelled instantly.

“But… I didn’t even get to finish my excuse…” Kakashi said.

Tsunade stared for a moment, then began explaining the mission, “Glad you could make it, I have brought you all here today because you will be working on a mission together. It’s because-” Gai interrupted, “HIM?!” Kakashi quietly argued his case as well, “Tsunade-Same, if it were anyone else-” “QUIET!” yelled Tsunade.

She glared at them, causing everyone in the room to be quite uncomfortable, “This is my choice, do not argue!” she waited for them to regain their composure before continuing, “The reason I has chosen you is because your two teams are the best in this village.” She looked at Team 7, “Because of your team’s loss of a member, Kakashi, your team will be accompanied by Shikamaru.” As she said this, Shikamaru appeared beside Naruto startling him. “AH! What the-”

“Nice to see you too, Naruto.” Shikamaru injected.

“You will be intercepting a band of pirates who have been troubling the Hidden Mist Village for some time. This is an A ranked mission.”

“What?! A rank?!” Ten-Ten interjected.

“Finally, a true test of my skills! Watch me shine, Gai-Sensei!” Rock Lee said.

Pirates, how troublesome… Thought Shikamaru.

“Yes, this is the reason I have two of our best teams on this mission. You will be leaving in the morning.”

Later…

The genin prepared themselves for their perilous mission. Sakura spent time studying Pirates in the library, while Naruto tried out some new moves he wanted to use. Neji and Ten-Ten spent their time practicing jutsus and aiming, while Gai and Lee went over some moves. Shikamaru slept. Kakashi had a bad feeling about what was ahead…

The Next Morning…

Everybody, drowsily woke up at 4 AM for their mission. Kakashi came late, as usual. “YOU‘RE LATE AGAIN!” Yelled Naruto and Sakura. “Sorry,” said Kakashi cheerfully, “I woke up and made it here before everyone else but forgot my clothes so walked back home then came back here.” “QUIT LYING!” Everyone was now awake, including most of the village from the noise. “Pft.. Idiots…” Grumbled Neji, “Don’t you dare talk About Sakura -Chan that way!” Yelled Lee. “You wanna make something of it?” Neji said. “Seems like this hostility is contagious.” Said Ten-Ten.

“Let’s go,” Said Kakashi, “Before an angry mob comes after us for waking them up.” With that, the two teams headed out. “Alright!” cried Naruto, “Watch out Hidden Mist Village, here we come!”

“Is he always that energetic?” Gai asked Kakashi.

“You have no idea.” Kakashi said.

* * *

Alright, end of Chapter 1! Hope you liked it! ^^

I’m hoping for this to kind of be like a Naruto movie except written way better, tell me what you think!

Next Chapter: Old Friends, New Enemies!