TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Stranger in Me by jadeyes914

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This’ll be my very first Naruto fan fiction so go easy on me! This is going to be extremely confusing at first but you’ll get it. Anyway, enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto. If I did I wouldn’t be making a fan fiction in the first place, now would I?

Prologue

Where I went I didn’t care. Just as long as it was anywhere but here. I need to break out. To break free from all this. To find an answer.

To be vindicated.

I fell on my bruised knees and prayed. Prayed with all the strength I had left, with all I was worth.

I prayed for a second chance.

With that small request, I could only hope, even though I have already crossed that line, that I will be given just this one wish. This one last wish.

Before she totally fades away.


---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One


He’d given up. He’d given it all up a long time ago. Since that time when blood was first shed right before his young eyes. His once innocent, naïve eyes. They shall never meet those desires again. For he’d lost it all when the person he loved the most betrayed him.

The young survivor of the tragic clan didn’t want to hear it anymore. He didn’t need to listen to these strangers lecture him about his burning need to kill that man. That’s all they ever were to him. Just a bunch of unimportant strangers. No matter how much they had stayed by his side, no matter what they had been through together, they were still strangers in his eyes.

These people would never understand the kind of pain he had to go through. To lose so much like that, all in one night. Or to be driven by the excruciating passion to destroy that traitor; to be haunted by his parents’ pale eyes. Sasuke Uchiha had learned that when he spoke to Sakura outside right after they had been appointed into their respected teams.

Then why did he care so much?

Why did it seem like everything just stopped when they announced Sakura Haruno brain dead?

Sasuke sat there in the corner of the waiting room behind vague sobs and cries of his blonde teammate, Naruto. He had taken the news harder than anyone else. Unlike Sasuke, he cared about Sakura more than anyone else. And now she’s gone, perhaps forever. After all, brain dead was almost as good as dead.

Why am I still here?

She never really meant anything to me.

So why...


Naruto pressed against the wall in front of him, his head bowed down as tears leaked from his deep blue eyes. The sky was raining. The gods must be crying. Naruto whimpered and sobbed as he slid down the wall before he wailed like a baby. Something he probably hadn’t done in years.

He felt drained. Too tired to pick him up, or himself for the matter. Everything felt too much for me. Like his heart suddenly felt too heavy. Suddenly the world looked like a dream. Everything went too fast, and too slow at the same time. Something bore into him and ebbed.

But he didn’t know what it was.

Alarms went off and echoed through the hall. Doctors and nurses hurried into Sakura’s room; the smell of death spewed out from under the door cracks.



---------------------------------------------------------

“Sakura...”

Wet blue locks cascaded down his face as world above him continued to pour over their cold bodies.

“Sakura...” his gruff voice quivered and his teeth clenched, “Sakura...”

His hand trembled over my pale face, my breath labored and eyes weak.

Where am I?


“Don’t you dare die!”

Dark eyes glared at me as if daring me to defy him, yet at the same time hoping I wouldn’t.

Sasuke...


Suddenly my throat clenched and everything became black.

“Seiji...?”

---------------------------------------------------------


The alarms ceased as thin green lines began to create angles once again on the black screen. Doctors and nurses made a brief cheer before squiring back to work. Tired jade eyes stared back at Sasuke and Naruto as he pressed his teary, relieved face against the glass wall which separated him from green-eyed maiden.

Sakura’s weak eyes smiled at his distortion but Sasuke could swear...



...they were not her’s.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-


Confusing, neh? It’ll all come together in time. I tried my best to portray feelings of loss the best I could but since I’ve never really lost anyone important to me I had to use my imagination. Well, for now please review.