TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


One Last Chance by xtsubasax

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Yes, I have finally taken the effort to write another story. Yay me. Now I know this idea has been used before, but this is going to be different. I shall explain at the end. Now issues, I am lazy enough to make Shikamaru look like Rock Lee so dont expect daily udates. Parings are already determined, so tough waffles. Lastly I would love reviews to help me and encourage me so dont hesitate. Ummm...that's it!



Chapter One: The Light

As far as the eye can see, there was nothing but fire and destruction. The once beautiful and powerful Village of Konoha was decimatedto nothing but stone and ash.All that was left standing was the once famous Hokage monument where five faces were carved into the cliff side, barely recognizable. All over the cliff side, covering the faces and all around them, were names. Names carved into the cliff side, so numerous in number; there was barely any solid room. Most of the names were covered in old dried blood.

A lone figure stood on the very top of the monument, looking over the countryside with blood red eyes that had died long ago. He raised his damaged left prosthetic arm to run the metal hand through his ragged yellow hair. The rags he had worn for clothes for as long as he cared to remember hung loosely over his starved shell of a body. It did not matter if he ate or slept, as long as he had a slick bottle of sake in his hand, he was content. It did not matter anymore. They were all dead, and it was all his fault.

He had lost count of the years since he last saw a human face. He had forgotten the importance of simple needs like sleep and drink. Time itself was nothing but a torture that he had to endure, would endure. He could not die. He had tried so many times to join them, even if he did not deserve it. Everyway he could think of he tried until he soon gave up. He found himself doing that a lot lately. Why even try? What was the point?

His tired red eyes soon focused for the first time in so many years to look warily at a strange approaching light that was slowly coming over the horizon. He found himself relaxing and feeling a feeling he had not even tried to feel since that day. The light was so comforting...so warm. He found himself slowly reaching for the growing light. He reached for it, not thinking of anything at all but of just reaching that light...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The tweleve tennagers walked slowly down the rock road, going particulary nowhere. It was another beautiful day in the great village of Konaha,a day that, presently, all three Rookie Genin Teams had off including the Gai Team. As if they had all silently agreed, all four teams found themselves spending the day together, not rushing, not doing anythingin particular. Just enjoying the moment. If they could.

"No Lee, I do not want to go out with you." Rock Lee's usually cheerful face feel at the refusal of the beautiful Sakura Haruno.

"But Sakura, our youthful passion must not be ignored!" Lee yelled jumping around here and there.

"Choji, do you have to stuff your face all the time?" A very loud Ino yelled to her "plump" teamate who was munching away at his latest bag of chips. This of course was followed by the usually sigh from lazy Shikamaru who then muttered something about something being "troublesome".

"Hey Hinata! Whay are you blushing? Is it because Naruto is walking up front?" Kiba teased his teamate. Hinata responded with a slight squeak and an even darker shade of blush.

Naruto oblivious to the remark happily continued walking before the group, hands behind his head, trademark fox grin in place. Yes today was a good day.

Sakura took the time to look at her teamate up front and finally asked a question she had been meaning to ask for a while. "Hey Naruto!"

Naruto turned his head expectantly toward his pink haired crush.

"How can you be so happy all the time?" This question interested most of the group and many of them looked at Naruto for the answer. Sure Naruto was a hyperactive pain in the ass and was still thought to be weaker than most of them, but all of them had to admit he always had a smile on his face, seeming always happy.

The question shocked Naruto for a brief second and he turned back around, his back to the group. He then replied in a voice that no one expected from the cheerful boy. "I'm not."

Before anyone could reply or change the subject, they all watched as Naruto suddenly shook violently and flew backwards into a very surprised Shino. The group gathered around the limp body of the blonde and saw he had no injuries of any kind. Suddenly his body began to twicthandhe let out an agonizing scream that startled the group.

"I think he's having some kind of seizure! Hurry let's take him to the hospital!" Shikamaru yelled to the worried teams. Shino, calm as always lifted the limp body and rushed toward the direction of the hospital. The group slowly followed, even the grim and never caring Sasuke, who like everyone was too unsettled by one fact that everyone was afraid to admit. Naruto's chakra was growing at an extremely fast rate. Something was happening. And things would never be the same. They had no idea.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cool, Ne? Now this is different because unlike most plots Naruto dosen't choose to go back in time. He sort of...goes there. You will soon find out how. So this means hecould not be willing to change the future or the past, so this could be interesting.