TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Chasing Storm Clouds by Fonique2

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
You twitched your hands, trying to jerk them free. Unfortunately, you only succeeded in cutting the tightly bound ropes deeper into your skin. You gritted your teeth together, trying desperately to push your back off of the tree you were bound to. This wasn’t fair; there was no need to bind the ropes too tightly!

Just when you were getting ready to get drastic, a familiar figure entered into your peripheral vision. They were coming up from your right, past you towards the entrance doors of the academy building. The exact doors you needed to be through in ten minutes least you miss class. The figure with a mop of brown hair on his head and wearing a gray jacket didn’t notice you. Yet.

“Kiba!” you yelled, flailing your unbound legs out in front of you.

Your friend’s head perked up at the sound of his name and his eyes immediately scanned the school court yard for the source of the call. It only took a second for his eyes to find yours. They locked, his brown eyes on your violet ones…and there they stayed. The staring contest went on for several seconds before a vein pulsed in your forehead.

“Stop checking me out and get over here!” you yelled.

Kiba slowly, and most likely deliberately, made his way over to you. The grass was still moist with morning dew and several blades of grass now stuck to his traditional, blue ninja sandals. The wicked grin on his face made your eye twitch.

“Do I even need to ask?” he said, humor bouncing in his voice.

“Just get me down!” you demanded, thrusting a leg out in an attempt to kick his shin.

He easily dodged, laughing as he did so. “What are you doing tied to a tree?”

“Don’t ask me stupid questions!”

Kiba only shook his head at you but reached to the kunai holster strapped to his right thigh and withdrew a kunai. He quickly sliced through your ropes and stepped back as you practically leaped away from the tree.

“I’m free!” you called triumphantly, pumping your fists into the air.

“Were you making bets again, Nakao?” Kiba asked, eyebrow raised as he turned to make his way to class.


You followed, rubbing at your wrists, muttering an incoherent response.
---------------------------------------------------------------------


When the two of you made it to the classroom, the entire class was there, save for your teacher, Iruka-sensei. Aside from his unusual absence so close to the start of class, it looked like a normal day in your academy class. All the quiet, shy kids like Hyuuga Hinata and Aburame Shino were tucked away in their seats, somehow looking like they could fold in on themselves. The kids who were usually bored in class, looked so even before it started with their heads dug into folded arms or cheeks resting on hands. You immediately picked out Nara Shikamaru, sitting at the top of the stadium-styled seating of the classroom. You hung out with him from time to time, mostly as a buddy to sleep with. When you were as easily bored as yourself, sometimes, sleeping was the only option.

And of course, all of the fan girls were there, hovering around a single section of seats, for the desks were long tables where three people could sit at. They wouldn’t sit down until Iruka-sensei came in and forced them to. And when you said fan girls, you meant just about every single female in your class.

Although you couldn’t see him, you knew the fan girls were crowded around a single boy. His name was Uchiha Sasuke; top male student in your class and Konoha heartthrob. To the girls in your class, he was their more perfect version of Prince Charming…if Prince Charming was emo.

Uchiha Sasuke was a pretty face with onyx-colored eyes and dark, jet black hair. His bangs framed his face, making his pale skin pop out handsomely; however, the back of his hair was spiked so that it looked like a duck’s ass. Everyone had their flaws. But if that flaw wasn’t enough, there was his personality…that entire part of him was one big train wreck.

Sasuke rarely spoke a word unless he was called on in class or was insulting someone. And even the latter was a rare occurrence. Sasuke thought he was so superior to everyone else that he felt it a waste of breath to insult someone. You rolled your eyes just at the thought. On top of being a pompous ass, Uchiha Sasuke was cold, moody and possibly homosexual. You hadn’t quite figured that one out yet. He never even glanced at any of the females in your class. You were still trying to decipher whether it was because he was homosexual or because all the girls in the class were just that annoying. To his credit, it could easily be either one of those options.

You carefully skirted around the mob of fan girls, trying to make your way down to the empty seats in the front of class. You tried to keep a ten feet radius between you and any fan girl at any given time; you didn’t want to catch their psycho.

You and Kiba found two seats beside each other two rows above the bottom of the pit. No sooner had you sat down, placing your backpack on the ground at your feet, that you heard the classroom door above you, slam open. All the fan girls immediately scattered, looking for any available seats. You subconsciously noticed that Haruno Sakura had earned the battle to sit next to Mr. Heartthrob today. You shuddered; you didn’t even want to think about her right now, or ever.

All eyes became glued to the staircase as Iruka-sensei stormed down the stairs, dragging something behind him to the bottom of the room. You noticed, with lack of curiosity, that it was a tied-up Uzumaki Naruto. You lacked interest simply because this was a natural occurrence in your classroom. Well, when Naruto actually attended class.

Uzumaki Naruto was a loud boy, both in personality and appearance. With blonde hair and sky-blue eyes, he had the potential of looking rather fetching, granted he changed his wardrobe. Naruto’s outfit of choice was an orange tracksuit. Orange jacket and orange pants. The most inappropriate clothes for a ninja? Probably. That was actually worse than Sakura’s pink hair and pink and red clothing. You wrinkled your nose subconsciously.

Naruto was the class clown who had not a single friend. And not only did he not have friends, nobody even liked him. You were sure a good portion of that came from the way he acted. However, there seemed to be a general dislike of the boy all throughout the village. Through your years of living in Konoha, you gathered that, for some reason, Naruto was “bad”, but you had no idea why. In your mind, Naruto didn’t seem like a bad person, and you didn’t dislike him like most kids in your class did. But you thought he seriously needed to stop pulling pranks, skipping class, acting like a complete moron and wearing the color orange.

You watched as Iruka-sensei came to a stop at the bottom of the classroom, facing Naruto. He had already launched into a lecture even as the class watched.

“I’m at the end of my rope, Naruto. You failed the graduation exam last time, and the time before that. You have another chance again tomorrow, Naruto, and you’re messing up again!”

“Hmph,” Naruto turned his head defiantly away.

The anger exploded over Iruka-sensei’s face. “Fine! Because you missed it Naruto, the whole class is going to review the transformation jutsu!”

All around you, the classroom erupted in one simultaneous groan. Muttering angry remarks, all the students got to their feet, heading towards the front of the classroom. You followed, falling into line beside Kiba. You would all take your turn, standing in front of Iruka-sensei and transforming into him. The first one up was no other than your favorite person.

“Sakura here, let’s do it! Transform!” you watched Sakura’s form disappeared in a vision-relieving cloud of smoke. She reappeared as Iruka-sensei, a vast improvement in your opinion. Her transformation was pretty decent and Iruka-sensei checked her off on his clip board with a compliment as she poofed back into herself.

“Yay! I did it!” Sakura cheered for herself, looking behind her at the next person in line, who happened to be Mr. Heartthrob. “Did you see that, Sasuke? Huh?”

You rolled your eyes, feeling bile wanting to climb up your esophagus.

“Next up, Uchiha Sasuke,” Iruka-sensei said, looking to the raven-haired boy expectantly.

Sasuke stepped up to Iruka-sensei. Actually, as you watched him, you noticed that the boy more so strutted towards your sensei. You narrowed your eyes, mentally tapping your chin with an index finger. ‘He even struts like a duck…interesting discovery. This could mean something.’

Silently, Sasuke moved his fingers into the proper handsigns and reappeared as a perfect transformation of Iruka-sensei. Typical Sasuke, Mr. Perfectionist. Iruka-sensei nodded, deeming his transformation “good” and Sasuke made his way back to his seat, like Sakura had before him.

“Uzumaki Naruto,” Iruka-sensei demanded, a lot less pleasant than he had been with Sasuke and Sakura.

Naruto was to your left. He stood in between Yamanka Ino and Nara Shikamaru. This meant that Shikamaru was at the front of the line, followed by Naruto and then Ino. You were on Ino’s immediate right. You glanced over as Ino and Shikamaru complained to your blond-haired classmate.

“This is a total waste of time, Naruto,” Shikamaru complained irritably, hands dug deep in the pockets of his brown pants.

“We always pay for your screw ups,” Ino agreed, her right hand on her hip, her pupil-less, blue eyes focused on Naruto.

You were inclined to agree, although you wouldn’t say anything. You were far too polite for that. Okay, that was probably a lie.

“Like I care,” was all Naruto said. As Naruto stepped up to Iruka-sensei, you glanced over at Ino.

Yamanka Ino had blonde hair tied up into an extremely high ponytail. It had to be, for the bottom of her ponytail reached to her midback. If she let it loose, it would probably hang to her near ankles. You knew the reason for this. It was commonly believed among all the girls in your class that Sasuke liked girls with long hair. You didn’t think he liked girls at all, but to say that would be suicide.

Ino and Sakura were both Sasuke’s number one fans. They had liked Sasuke since you were all eight years old. This had made Sakura and Ino into cold-blooded rivals. Sakura thought herself far superior to Ino in every way, even though you knew this was a complete fantasy. And in all fairness, Ino liked Sasuke first.

Although you didn’t like the fact that Ino was a Sasuke fan girl, you were able to get along with her. After all, you needed some sort of female acquaintance to hang out with. Sure, there was Hyuuga Hinata, who was probably the only girl besides you who wasn’t a fan girl. She was sweet but entirely too shy and seemed incapable of saying anything without stuttering. Ino was louder, by far, and talkative. She was actually pretty smart when it came to shinobi customs and knowledge on other countries, for her family owned the flower shop in town.

To Pinkie’s credit, Sakura’s best, and probably only good, trait, was her brain. Behind her abnormally large forehead sat a decently sized brain. She whizzed through all your exams and could quote shinobi rules on command. However, that poor brain of hers was probably starving for attention. She hardly ever used that brain for anything except for coming up with new plots to stalk Sasuke. And those weren’t even hard! You thought so because Sakura didn’t even care if Sasuke knew she was stalking him, so she didn’t even need to come up with stealth in her plans.

Perhaps Strawberry Shortcake beat Ino in brains, but Ino beat Sakura hands down in combat. And you meant all kinds of combat. Except for maybe genjutsu. Although Sakura didn’t use it, she could see through them. But whoopdie-doo, so could you. But Ino could fight, not as well as you, but at least she could survive longer than five minutes. And she also had a pretty useful kekki genki that allowed her to enter and control other peoples’ bodies.

You returned your attention to Naruto as he put his fingers into handsigns. ‘This should be good.’ Who knew what kind of disaster would appear when the smoke dispersed? Imagine your surprise when Naruto reemerged as a naked female, blonde hair up in pigtails and blowing a kiss at Iruka-sensei. Your eye twitched. At least he had the decency to cover up her private areas. What disturbed your more was that Iruka-sensei was completely bewitched by the jutsu.

Naruto disappeared in a small cloud of smoke, turning back into himself. He held his gut with one hand, laughing hysterically as he pointed at Iruka-sensei with a finger on the other hand. “Haha! I got you with my sexy no jutsu!”

“Cut the stupid tricks!” Iruka-sensei hollered back after he had regained his composure.


You planted your face into your palm. Shikamaru stepped up and you waited to be called to transform into a perfect Iruka-sensei.
---------------------------------------------------------------------


“I think that was the most awkward class ever,” you told Kiba, hands in the pockets of your olive-green cargos as the two of you walked home.

“I don’t know why Naruto can’t just be serious for once. All you have to do is show up for class, it’s really not that hard,” Kiba looked down at you, for you were an inch or two shorter than him.

You shrugged. “I don’t know. I think he just wants attention, ya know? I mean, he doesn’t have parents right?”

“But neither do you,” Kiba pointed out.

The comment didn’t even make you flinch. “Yeah but I’m lucky, I have Keitaro.”

“Speaking of your brother,” Kiba suddenly said, turning his face to you with a pout. “Can you please ask him not to try and light me on fire next time I come knocking on your window?”

You laughed at the memory. “In his defense, knocking at my window is a little strange. You could have come to the door.”

“That early in the morning? Remember what happened last time I did that?”

You shifted your eyes. “Oh yeah.”

“Anyway, I’ll see you tomorrow,” Kiba announced as the two of you reached a fork in the road. You waved as he turned left, headed home.

You took the right road, which led to a more desolate part of town. Your brother liked it that way; he was a bit paranoid. It didn’t bother you, but then again, not many things did.

Arriving home, you shoved the key into the deadbolt lock, jiggled it necessarily and pushed the door open. You were expecting the house to be dark and empty, but were pleasantly surprised to find your older brother, Keitaro, in the kitchen, milling over something on the table when you entered the house.

“Keitaro!” you grinned. You dropped your backpack to the floor with a thud, and made a dash to your brother. You plowed into him, wrapping in a hug. He laughed, ruffling your hair.

“Heeey,” you whined, retracting your body from his embrace. “What do I tell you about my hair? It’s gorgeous and luscious so don’t mess it up.”


Keitaro only smiled lovingly at you.

The two of you sat at your small dining room table, empty bowls on the table top in front of you. You were yawning.

“You should head to bed, you’re graduating in the morning,” Keitaro suggested.

“Yeah, I know, but I’m not too worried about it.”

“No?”

You snorted. “Please, they’re probably going to make me color in a picture or something.”

“Nakao,” Keitaro was amused.

You waved your hand dismissively. “Besides, I’m more worried about being assigned our teams.”

“Why?” Keitaro seemed genuinely confused.

“You don’t understand the kids I have in my class, Bro…” you finished off your sentence with a dramatic whisper. “You don’t understand…”

“Go to bed,” Keitaro snorted in laughter.


You spit your tongue out, chucking a chopstick at the mop of brown hair on his head, but followed his advice.
---------------------------------------------------------------------


“Okay I am so ready for this,” you announced to Kiba as you sat in class, waiting. You had already taken the written portion of the graduation exam and all that was list was a skill test. Although you didn’t know which skill would be tested.

“I couldn’t tell,” Kiba muttered sarcastically but smiled at you warmly none-the-less.

You were twitching in your seat with impatience. You hoped sitting still wouldn’t be the skills test. You would fail. You hated being in one spot for too long. Finally, Iruka-sensei stepped into the front of the classroom.

“Alright, now that that portion is over, all that’s left is the skills test. When I call your name, you will enter through this door,” Iruka-sensei pointed to a door to his left. “There, I will require you to perform the cloning jutsu.”

You were all called in alphabetical order, which meant Kiba got to go before you. You waited impatiently as he emerged from the testing room, a metal-plated headband tied around his forehead. The metal was engraved with the Leaf Village insignia and was attached to blue cloth.

You groaned to yourself as you waited for your turn. You glanced around yourself to the other students left in the classroom. You noticed that Sasuke and Naruto were still in the room, as were Ino and Shikamaru. You drummed your fingers impatiently on the wooden desktop until finally you were called.

“Makase Nakao.”

‘Finally!’ you exasperated in your mind as you made your way down the steps.

The testing room was small and consisted of very little furniture. In the middle of the room was a table, its surface littered with rows of headbands. There were gaps in the rows where students had plucked their headbands.

Sitting at the table was Iruka-sensei and another jounin. His hair was silver and reached to his jawline. He seemed young and smiled handsomely as you stood directly in front of the pair.

“Alright, Nakao, all the other students were able to make at least three clones,” Iruka-sensei said.

You nodded. How easy. Pushing your fingers together in the proper handsigns, you squeezed your eyes shut, applied chakra and heard several popping sounds. You opened your eyes to find two clones standing on either side of you. You looked to Iruka-sensei expectantly.

He smiled at you. “Good job, Nakao. You pass. Go ahead and take a headband.”

You stepped up to the table, glancing down at the beautiful headbands. Your brother wore his around his forehead, and for years you had yearned to wear one of your own. Your face reflected in the metal of the headbands as you scanned over them. Selecting one at random, you thanked the jounins and exited the room.

As you stepped outside, the sun was beginning to set. You tied your headband around your upper, left arm and looked down at it fondly. “Sweet.”