TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


What're You Crying For by Reign of Tragedy

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
/Just What're You Crying For?/

A broken and battered Naruto stood above her. Well, not stood because he was on his hands and knees. He stared into her eyes as if they were the most beautiful things in the world, as if they were the last things he'd ever see. And why was he still sitting there? He was lingering just a little too long wasn't he? He should be moving, getting out of the way, getting safe. Then she noticed the cut on his cheek, the same cut that had been there for two minutes now. It was really shallow so ordinarily this wouldn't be a problem. But this was Naruto we were talking about, that cut should've been gone in three seconds, tops. She knew that she was crying but she made no move to wipe her eyes. She couldn't afford to accept what she knew so she was denying all absolute truths. She never asked why. Besides, she was pretty sure she knew the answer anyway.

/Some Things, Are Just Worth Fighting For/

She had never been rebriefed or updated, but she knew exactly what had happened. Once Konoha had heard of her capture, the word had inevitably made it's way down to Naruto. He had probably sat still for a few seconds in silent shock, but then immediately made his way to Hokage-sama's office. He was probably already on the retrieval team, but he wouldn't have asked, he would have just demanded that he was placed on it, saying that he would go either way. After all, the whole village knew that there was only one person he would fight for as hard as he fought for Sasuke-kun, and it was her. She had become one of his strongest bonds. Though it was probably, ok, definitely her fault, she regretted that they never got to make anything of them. Naruto was just so passionate...

/I Know, Sometimes It's Hard To Deal With You/

She was having flashbacks now. Why was she having flashbacks? That was like giving up hope, accepting and admitting defeat. But she couldn't help it. She was remembering him hating 'her' Sasuke-kun, and for absolutely no reason. She was remembering how he had stolen Sasuke-kun's first kiss from her,and in front of the whole class, too! Oh how she hated him so! She had been livid for weeks. She was remembering times before she truly understood the loneliness that Naruto went through, the explanation for his lack of ettiquette, like when he almost pissed right in front of her. How rude would that have been?! She had hated him, completely and utterly hated him, because she thought that he was an intentional home-wrecker and probably (not) the only thing that stood betwwen her and perfection. She could never understand why Sasuke-kun defended him so...

/But I Think, That I Can Only Live With You/

That cut was still on Naruto's cheek, but why? She sat up abruptly, thinking about how things had gone so wrong. The enemy had done this on purpose. Naruto had been their main target all along. They knew he'd come for her, so they sat there and lay in wait. They had fed her but otherwise left her completely alone. They hadn't even questioned and interrogated her. Now, here she was struggling to get Naruto to safety, so that she could heal him, so that she could save his life. How many times had he saved hers? Once, twice, ten.. she didn't know. She'd have been dead a thousand times over without him. She definitely could not live without him.

/And If You Go, Then What Am I Living For?/

She was conscience of the fact that she had to save him. She had to, had to, had to... she just simply had to. She could not have become strong without him and his influence. She could not have even still be alive. And who was going to save her if he died? Surely not Sasuke. She had made it through life without Sasuke, survived without him. But he had always been cold anyway, she was honestly only deprived of the sight of him, nothing else. But how could she survive without Naruto? Even if she stopped going on missions and quit being a ninja, she would die anyway, so much his death would take away from her. Her own confidence and ambition and reason to keep moving forward. She was a Sakura, a cherry blossom for crying outloud, how could she live without his warmth and energy? What would she live for then? There would only be revenge, and she refused to become Sasuke.

/My Salvation, I Dont Wanna Sin No More../

Salvation...what an interesting thought. What an appropriate word for what Naruto was, what he represented. Technically, his job description is ninja, so how ironic is it that what he really was, no, what he really IS is a saviour? Almost where ever he went, he reigned salvation. He had done it to Zabuza, Neji, Gaara, and countless others. It was almost like magic. He saved lives and souls. And now she found herself looking down on his broken body, temporarily safe from harm and danger and all she could think was "Save me, save me!!" She was mentally begging him as she began to remove kunai and shuriken from all over his body and even a peice of a sword from his abdomen. But before she had finished, the cave that she had hastily and idiotically taken refuge in began to shake and rumble and fall down around them. She quickly managed a barrier jutsu, but not before a huge rock was able to fall on naruto's chest, driving a shuriken all the way through and into his right lung. "Shit, shit, shit!"

/Dont Wanna Live Without Your Love/

"Sakura.. It's, it's ok," said A raspy voiced Naruto. He winced in pain as he tried to smile for her.. For her. The thought hit her like an explosive tag. "No! Shut up, just shut up! You shouldn't be talking right now!" Sakura was bewildered. She was feeding too much chakra into her barrier and not enough into Naruto. And that cut was still there. Why, WHY?? Where was that damned Kyuubi when you needed it?? She looked Naruto in his eyes, his oh-so-blue eyes and before she knew it, she was spilling her guts out to him. "Naruto, I-I, I love you and I, I, I can't do this without you. I, I'm in love with you and I'm sorry it took so long for me to realize it and tell you but I... I cant be without you, I can't LIVE without your love."

/Babe, I Think I've Fallen Without Your Touch/

Naruto stared at her with eyes so blue, like the sky, or like the sky SHOULD be. Now that the cave had been blown away, she could see the ninja surrounding her, waiting on the sheild to go down. They weren't even attacking anymore, just waiting. But she only stared at the sky. She didn't like the way it looked. It was all dark and stormy, like the heavens were just waiting for the right moment to shed their tears. Confession time wasn't quite over yet. "Naruto," Sakura called between a sniff and a swipe of her eyes. "When you left with Jaraiya-sama, I thought everyday of abandoning this foolish hope, this foolish dream. Sasuke-kun could never love me, and then you had abandoned me. I didn't know what to do anymore, and I cried. I cried every single night. I've almost commited suicide on two seperate occasions and tried to kill Kakashi-sempai for stopping me." She managed a slightly delusional chuckle before continuing, "I didn't, I DON'T know how to live without you, Naruto-kun."

/And Somethings, Are Just Worth Dying For/

"Sakura you must go on!" A wheezing Naruto tried to shout. "Don't you think I know that dobe?" shouted back Sakura, accentuating her point with a slap. Then immediately she cradled his cheek. "I can't, I can't let you... not for no reason." Naruto's eyes were filled with a graet and terrible sadness. "Listen, Sakura.." He paused, going silent for a moment. "I knew this would happen, before I ever left the village, my death, I mean." The blood had started to dry on his cheeks and everywhere else. "I also knew that I was the only one who could save you." Sakura stared down at Naruto in shock. "Then why..." She trailed off. "Because I'm the only one who could, and you're just that important to me. The enemy, they've developed a way to close off the Kyuubi's chakra. So it's just you and me now. Listen," Tears began to leak down Naruto's face, streaking dirty trails down his already blood-stained face. "I, I L-, I Luh.." Naruto never got to finish his staement, his once brilliant azures now slowly but surely dulling out, staring at the first thing and person he had ever truly loved, and the last thing he had ever seen.

/So Tell Me What The Hell're You Crying For?!/

Just moments later, the enemy shinobi started dropping dead all around them, although Sakura hadn't moved a muscle. Suddenly, through the clearing, Kakashi, Neji, Shizune, And Kiba appeared. Quickly after, the Sand Siblings, Shikamaru, and Sai followed. But they were too late, they were all just. Way. Too. Late. But it was ok. She looked down at Naruto and realized that she didn't mind. She never would have. She never closed his eyes, but instead stared into them as she whispered, "Stupid Dobe, whatever were you crying for? Didn't I tell you? I learned the life exchange jutsu from Chiyo." Kakashi overheard but was too late to react, Sakura had successfully traded her life for Naruto's.
Chapter end notes: Let The Reign Begin