TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Embrace of Death by lovelydewdrop75

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: I don't own Naruto!
Chapter notes: This is my first story on here. I really have no clue what I'm doing other than writing fanfiction, so any helpful tips would be appreciated. Leave your comments and/or suggestions in a review. They'd be very appreciated!
I stalk down the street, alone. Alone is all I have known. My parents are gone, I have no friends. My life is empty. There is nothing left for me. I have resorted to living on the street, scrounging around for food. Some nights I go hungry. Others, I have a feast on the leftovers my betters have thrown away.

Living in the streets isn't easy. You have to fight for food with other scavengers like myself. The candidates range from other human beings to stray animals. Everyone needs something to defend yourself with. I have a small pocket knife that I keep inside my boot. The pocket knife is a rarity.

I quickly stop in my tracks as I hear footsteps behind me. I bend down to act as if I'm lacing up my boot, but instead, I slide out the knife. It's rusted blade looks as if it could break any second, but parts of it are still sharp.

I straighten quickly and pivot, coming face to chest with a guy. He grabs the fabric of my hoodie and lifts me up until I'm staring him in the eye. His eyes are a muddy brown and he smells like rotten fish.

"Let me go..." I growl at him.

"Do you got anything of value, you filthy tramp?" he questions me.

I glare at him and spit in his face. He growls in his throat and slams me against a conveniently placed wall. I cringe at the pain and kick him in the groin. He drops me to the ground and I punch him in the jaw. He spits out a tooth and grabs for my leg. I flick open the knife and swipe at his hand, creating a shallow cut. He hisses in pain and cradles his hand. I close up the knife and take off running down the street.

I take many twists and turns to try to put as much distance between me and that guy as possible. I finally stop by the homeless shelter. I walk in, feeling exhausted.

"Hey, Sam! Get any goodies?" a man named Tom asks me.

"Other than a giant bruise on my back, no you old coot," I reply with venom in my voice.

He rolls his eyes and focuses on the door, waiting for the next person to walk through the door so he can rob them in their sleep. I travel through the homeless center until I make my way to my corner. I gently sit down, being careful not to agitate my back.

I reach behind me and up my shirt and tenderly touch the skin that was slammed against the wall. I gasp in pain as I feel a small cut. I pull my hand out and stare at it in shock. Blood covers my fingertips. I bite my lip and glance around for something to clean it with. I finally spot the small first aide pack I assembled from things I traded for.

I take an alcohol wipe and clean the wound the best I can. I put a bandaid on it that has Hello Kitty all over it. I lean my head against the wall and take in the coolness. I just lay there until I hear footsteps walk my way.

"Half of a blueberry muffin says that you can't beat Stephen in an arm wrestle," a thirteen year old girl tells me with a devilish smirk on her face.

I glare at her and ask, "Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Maggie. I just got here today and I already have a huge stash of stuff," she boasts.

I scoff and say, "They always feel sorry for the kids. Get over yourself."

"Are you going to arm wrestle Stephen or not?" she asks me, impatiently.

"One," I spit, "I don't know who the hell Stephen is. Two, get the fuck out of my corner or you'll find yourself on the ground."

She glares at me and says, "Fine by me of you don't want to lose."

I stiffen, my blood boiling.

"There's no way in hell I'd lose...now, if you don't mind , I'm trying to get some sleep," I growl.

She rolls her eyes at me and takes out a whole, homemade blueberry muffin. I lick my lips at the offering and my stomach growls, reminding me how I couldn't find anything to eat.

"If you can beat my brother, Stephen, in an arm wrestle, I'll give you the whole muffin, okay?" Maggie tells me.

I sigh, my hunger getting the best of me. I nod and stand, looking around for someone who looks like her brother. She motions for me to follow her out of the homeless shelter and out onto the streets. We walk for about half an hour before we stop in an alley.

"Hey, Stephen! I got that little bitch who made you lose a tooth," she calls into the darkness.

My eyes widen and I go to turn, but I'm grabbed around the waist.

"Where do you think your going? I still owe you for knocking out my tooth," the man from earlier growls.

I whimper in fright and I wait for the blow. He draws back his fist and throws it forward, catching me in the stomach. I crumple up in a heap on the ground and take blow after blow. He kicks me repeatedly in my side, causing me to be winded. Tears stream down my cheeks, but I can't fight back. He's too strong.

He stands me up and gives me a good punch in the jaw, knocking out a couple teeth. I groan in pain, and he drops me to the ground. I reach for my knife in my boot, but Stephen slams his foot onto my wrist, breaking it. I scream in pain and lay there. He spits on me before taking off into the darkness of the night. Maggie cackles and throws the muffin at me.

"I feel kind of sorry for you, so I'll let you have this. It'll be a miracle of you can even eat it!" she says.

I shakily raise up my hand that's not in pain and flip her off. She laughs again and returns it.

"Oh, and just to let you know, that corner's now mine. Stay away from it unless you want another beating from my brother," she tells me with a smirk.

I use the rest of my strength to get out, "You need your brother to back you up when most of us have no one. Like I said earlier, get over yourself because no one gives a shit. We all fend for ourselves..."

She rolls her eyes and walks away. I glance at the muffin on the ground. No way can I eat that. Looks like I'm going to bed hungry tonight. Not that surprising, really when your a homeless orphan in a small suburban area of New York.
Chapter end notes: There's the first chapter. I don't know how this will go, but I'm hoping it will go well. Leave your comments and/or suggestions in a review!