TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Kunoichi At Heart by Chloryl

[Reviews - 28]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

At the close proximity of your chakra, wrinkles appeared on the piece of paper where they hadn’t been before. You held it up for Asuma to see, bewildered.

“You have an affinity for lightning,” he said, inspecting the creases with interest. “That’s most fortunate, there’s a sensei with the same affinity as you here in Konoha. Looks like we don’t need to arrange anything in advance; Kakashi will be more than capable of teaching you raiton.”

“Kakashi?” you asked in mild curiosity. “That’s Naruto’s sensei?”

Asuma slapped his forehead. “Of course, he has his own genin team to train. I’ll go talk with him and see if he’ll be able to, but in the meantime, be prepared.”

“Prepared? For what?”

He looked at you seriously. “I may have to send you to Kumogakure. Their shinobi specialize in lightning-style techniques.”

His grave tone unnerved you somewhat. “Kumo and Konoha aren’t on very good terms with each other, aren’t they? Suppose you send me there…I don’t think I’ll be particularly welcome.”

“True,” Asuma said thoughtfully. “But remember, you’re just a twelve-year-old genin, fresh from the Academy. There’s no way you’ll pose a threat to their village. Kumo is very opportunistic, they may seize this chance to ease the tension between our villages to set the stage for the next attack. So if you’re there to learn basic techniques, I doubt they’ll see you as a Konoha spy, but rather an opportunity.”

You gulped. You didn’t like the idea of being used, even if it was just a ploy.

“You won’t be in much danger,” he said hastily, catching sight of your expression. “The Cloud Village won’t stoop that low to harm a kid who displays promise in Lightning Release. I’ll ask my father to send a diplomatic message to Kumogakure. We’ll hear from them in a couple of days. In the meantime, we’ll train and complete some D-ranked missions as a team before you depart.”

Go to Chapter 98.