TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Kunoichi At Heart by Chloryl

[Reviews - 28]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

A shower of sparks erupted from the paper, which burst into flames. Your hand tingled unpleasantly, and you nearly dropped the burning paper in surprise. Within seconds it had been completely incinerated, leaving naught but a pile of ashes in your palm. As you watched, they were blown away by the light breeze, dispersing evenly through the air.

“W-what did I do?” you breathed uncertainly, awestruck.

“Your chakra has an affinity towards the fire element,” Asuma responded. He pulled out a second slip of paper which cleaved neatly in two at his touch. “As you can see, I’m afraid I can’t help you there; my affinity is wind.”

You felt a twinge of disappointment at his words, which quickly evaporated as he went on.

“I’ll find you a katon specialist to be your temporary sensei. In the meantime, you’re released from all ninja duty, including tomorrow’s mission. Your training is much more important.”

-:-

“No,” Sasuke said flatly.

Asuma grimaced in impatience. Kakashi had warned him that the kid would be difficult, but he hadn’t thought to mention how difficult.

“It would be good training,” he urged.

“I’m not interested.”

Asuma took a long drag on his cigarette to calm himself. “Look, Fire Release is the pride of the Uchiha clan, and there is no one else in Konohagakure –”

“Quit trying to flatter me,” Sasuke said, bristling, wrinkling his nose in distaste as Asuma’s cigarette smoke wafted near his face. “[Name] is not an Uchiha and never will be. I have no business in teaching an outsider my clan’s most prized techniques.”

“There’ll be no need to teach her all of your best jutsu – just basic katon nature transformation will be enough,” he said cajolingly.

Sasuke just glared at him.

Asuma decided that it was time to play his trump card; he had no other choice. “Shall I get Hokage-sama involved in this, Uchiha Sasuke?”

Sasuke continued to glare, but the fire in his eyes had died down a bit. Uncertainty flickered within those murky orbs, masking the anger for a moment. Even as high and mighty as he tried to appear, Sasuke was not above taking orders from the Third Hokage. Asuma took his silence as a no and gave an inward sigh of relief.

“Three weeks, that’s all you’ll have to endure,” he explained, receiving another heated glare.

“I’ll miss the mission tomorrow,” Sasuke stated in a flat, emotionless tone that Asuma wasn’t quite able to distinguish between a question and a statement.

“Well yes, but it’s just a mission,” he coaxed. “They can’t be that fun, can they?”

“It’s C-ranked. We’re escorting an old man to the Land of Waves. Are you telling me I’ll be missing that mission?”

Asuma wasn’t sure if the Uchiha was satisfied with the new circumstances. Was he happy he was being let off on the mission or not? How was he supposed to reply if he didn’t know how the kid was going to react? “Yes, you’ll miss it. Is that okay with you?”

Sasuke glowered for a moment, then shrugged noncommittally.

“Good, [Name] is waiting for you by the third training ground. Do me a favour, and make sure you don’t scare her away with your rudeness, will you?”

-:-

Asuma-sensei had instructed you to hang around the third training ground, where Team 7 had had their bell test. He told you that he would tell your new sensei to meet you there. Leaning casually against the middle stump, your thoughts drifted to who he would possibly designate to be your teacher. Perhaps, you imagined, it would be one of the ANBU.

“Hey.”

You made a startled noise in the back of your throat as you whirled around and saw who it was. “…Sasuke?”

“Tch.”

“W-what are you doing here?” you blurted out before you could stop yourself. You expected him to say something along the lines of, “I could ask you the same.” Instead, he glowered at you for a moment, before folding his arms over his chest.

“Your sensei asked me for a favour.”

Go to Chapter 97.