TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Kunoichi At Heart by Chloryl

[Reviews - 28]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

When Kakashi finally arrived, Sakura and Naruto leapt to their feet and chorused in unison, "You're late!"

He brushed off their accusations cheerfully. "A black cat crossed my path…so I had to take the other way."

Kakashi ignored the stream of protests and objections issuing from his team and walked over to a tree stump with an alarm clock placed on it. He raised his voice slightly and held up three bells. "This alarm is set to 12 PM. All you need to do is get these bells from me. If you can't, you won't get lunch. And I'm going to tie you to that log, and eat mine in front of you."

Naruto gaped at him in horror, clutching at his stomach. "So that's why you told us to skip breakfast…"

Kakashi's eyes glittered. "Heh heh…"

"But wait, why are there only three bells?" Sakura pointed out, frowning.

"Since there's only three, at least one of you will have to be tied to the log. And that person will fail, because he failed to complete the mission. That person will be sent back to the Academy. You won't be able to get these unless you are prepared to kill me."

"But that's too dangerous, sensei!" Sakura protested. Naruto nodded in agreement, swallowing nervously.

"We'll start after I say 'ready, start'," Kakashi continued, ignoring them. "Ok, ready…start."

Naruto tugged a kunai out of his pouch and ran headlong at the sensei. Kakashi knocked him aside easily with one hand. Then he pulled out his orange book, flipped it open, and began to read.

"W-what are you doing, sensei?" Sakura asked uneasily.

"I'm reading," he replied, oblivious to his students' visible frustration.

"Why?" Naruto asked, balling up his fists.

"I want to know the story, of course," Kakashi answered, still immersed in his book. "Don't worry about it. It's the same whether I'm reading or not. Now will you begin and stop asking me weird questions?"

"The only thing weird is your haircut..." Naruto grumbled, but Kakashi didn't seem to notice.

Sasuke, Sakura, and you bounded into the forest, intent on finding a hiding spot while Naruto stayed out in the open, his fists clenched. You sensed the presence of the other two nearby, and watched in rapt silence as Kakashi foiled Naruto's attacks again and again.

"A ninja should not let the enemy get behind him, you baka." Kakashi's hands formed the tiger seal, but he still seemed to be entranced by his book.

"Naruto, watch out! You're going to die!" Sakura squeaked in alarm, instantly revealing her position to you and the rest of the team.

"You're too late," Kakashi said calmly. "Secret finger jutsu: One Thousand Years of Death!"

The momentum propelled Naruto several metres into the air and he landed in the stream with an unceremonious splash. Kakashi acted as thought nothing had happened. He flipped open his book again. "Let's see…where was I?"

Two shuriken sped towards Kakashi, who caught them on his fingertips without sparing a glance towards Naruto, who resurfaced, spluttering. You gazed in awe at his prowess. At this rate, you wouldn't even stand a chance, even if you did work with the other three.

"What's wrong?" Kakashi questioned idly, pocketing the shuriken. "If you don't get a bell before noon, you don't get lunch."

As if on cue, your stomach grumbled. You cursed inwardly for not eating breakfast. Hearing Naruto yell something in frustration, you glanced up just in time to see him using shadow clones to distract Kakashi.

"A ninja shouldn't let the enemy get behind him, right, Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked triumphantly, clinging onto Kakashi's back.

You watched as Kakashi used the replacement jutsu, and Naruto accidentally punched his own clone instead. When he undid the jutsu, he stood there alone, looking miserable at his defeat. Suddenly, you felt odd. You had forgotten what was coming next. Not that it mattered, you reasoned to yourself, trying to conquer the overpowering sense that something was off. How could you forget, though…? You tried to shake it off.

Now, you decided, was the time to do something…or not. You stared at Naruto's unhappy expression, torn. Suddenly, you someone tapped you lightly on the back.

"Huh?" you gave a small yelp, startled.

If you ignore the person and leave your hiding spot to go help Naruto, go to Chapter 30.

If you turn around, hoping it wasn't Kakashi-sensei, go to Chapter 31.

Yikes! Someone found you! If you quickly do a body replacement jutsu and find another place to hide, go to Chapter 32.