TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Lost Heritage by Hazard

[Reviews - 22]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This is a story including one of the least talked about characters in the Naruto franchise, Izuna Uchiha. Will be a bit wierd, but I'm just trying something new.
Chapter notes: Hello! Here's my little side project of a story that I'll be doing alongside Impervious. This will be the only chapter up until Abysmal is over, but that shouldn't be too long. Oh, and if you're not familiar with Izuna here is the information.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Izuna_Uchiha

I just couldn't find him under the set character list since nobody has really written about him I suppose. Well, enough of me rambling. Read!
Lost Heritage

Prologue

(Izuna's P.O.V)

I woke up in my bed residing within the main building of the Uchiha foretress, and my head is still pounding with a slight pain. It has only been 2 weeks since I sacrificed my eyes to Madara for the betterment of the clan, and 6 days since I obtained my new pair. Out of our recently fallen clansmen, Madara was generous enough to pick me out the next best of our dead brothers besides our eyes. I've been stuck in bed for the past 2 weeks, and I'm quite eager to go spar with Madara again like old times. I'm starting to feel a bit lonely.

Only at 18 I may not look like much, but even with my new inferior eyes I'm still the second best Uchiha, the best being Madara of course. I wonder how things will change? With his new power will we finally be able to overthrow the Senju, or will we negotiate a peace treaty that's been on the table for a couple months? So hard to choose, since they've been our rivals for so long, but I'm honestly getting sick of fighting them. It seems senseless, and I hope Madara will choose the right decision for our clan. That's what being a leader is, being selfless and all-knowing, like I know Madara is. If he wasn't I wouldn't have graced him with my eyes to heal his blindness.

After laying down for so long, I sit up to stretch out my arms in what seems like forever, and I hear a knock at the door. " Enter." I command and a person walks into the room. " How are you feeling?" The soothing voice cooes to me, and I smile toward the sound.

" I'm feeling quite fine Tani, thank you." I reply and I feel a slight breeze of wind blow past me giving the notion she bowed in response. " Thank you Izuna-san. The time has finally come to remove the bandages. You are going to see again." She gently responds back. Tani then starts the process of peeling away the many layers of bandages attached to my skull. Slowly I begin to see the light again, which feels like an eternity since I've lived in darkness for the past couple weeks. Finally with the bandages off I jump out of the bed and begin to stretch out my legs. Besides the occasional walk here and there, they haven't let me go out and spar. Such a pain, but I don't want to damage my new eyes.

" Much appreciated Tani. I'm going to the training feild for a bit, and have you seen Madara?" I ask since I hadn't heard his voice since he checked in on my since my last operation. Tani fiddles with her cloak a little bit and responds, " I'm afraid not. last time I heard he traveled out to go do a mission 2 days ago. He should be back shortly."

We exchange bows and I exit the facillity to the great training ground. On the way to the training ground I find a mirror and gaze upon my new eyes. I quickly activate my sharaingan and everyhting seems to be normal, then I activate my mangekyo which isn't the 3 bars I'm used to seeing. Instead I witness it's not 3 bars, but five bars in a star like configuration. I suppose I too have acheived the eternal mangekyo sharingan, just not as high of quality like Madara.

The Uchiha foretress here is a very castle like structure with instead of a courtyard, a proving ground for all Uchiha to become stronger. As I exit the building I look up to the sun with me new vision and take in the light for the first time in weeks. Sure it may hurt, but it's refreshing nonetheless. Since it's only just passed dawn from the location of the sun, nobody is out on the training feild, which is fine by me. I need to test out my new eyes.

My old sharingan had special abillities that my current ones do not have, but also vice versa. From my knowledge I will no longer be able to summon Susano'o, but I have access to Kotoamatsukami and Kamui while I should still have Ameterasu at my disposal. I test out Ameterasu on a suspended log and it works like a charm, but I feel the pain in my left eye as I usually do when using that jutsu. I was told the Kotoamatsukami had only been used in the other eye of my fallen clansman, so I had been given the unused one. There is no point in wasting a perfect jutsu, so I'll just assume it works.

The last jutsu to try out is Kumai, and after transporting a few objects through the air in about an hour of breaks along with trial and error, it gave me an idea. This jutsu manipulates time and space, so maybe it could work like Izanami or Izanagi if used on myself? It would be perfect as I would be able to excape fate, and I would only have to expend chakra and not lose an eye. I can't wait to see the look on Madara's face when I'm able to use a jutsu like this, it's almost giving me goosebumps.

I stand in the center of the courtyard and I take note of the sun's position. I know this is extremely risky, but if you don't try you'll never know. My plan is to first travel back in time 10 seconds. I activate the jutsu and it encases me. There is a slight feeling of nothingness, but suddenly I'm thrust back into the world where I was standing moments ago. The sun is moved back slightly from when I last saw it, and I smile at my new triumph. The jutsu worked. I can hardly believe it myself, so I try out just transporting myself without time manipulation.

I use the jutsu, and I'm greeted by success once again as I now have placed myself on the other side of the courtyard in a matter of milliseconds. The only problem is this jutsu sucks a ton of chakra and has some load up time. I should only use it if completely neccesary. My last test is to use time and space together, and just to try something new I'll go into the future for a change of pace. I ready myself and I plan to transport myself across the courtyard again, but a minute into the future.

As I'm preparing the jutsu something feels a little off, but I just ignore it. I pump chakra into my eyes and I unleash Kumai. Once i'm swallowed up I'm again in a purgatory like state just being part of nothing, but the jutsu is acting strange opposed to like it did before. Hopefully I didn't over do it. Madara always chides me to be more methodical, but the same could be said about him too.

After what seems like an eternity I reappear into the world again, but I land face first into the ground. Not exactly a good way to land, but this is why there is practice. I stand up to brush the filthy dirt off myself , and I notice something very strange. Where did the courtyard go? Where did the foretress go?!

" Hello?!" I call out to the wild, but it's just me standing alone in the middle of some god forsaken forest. Not even a few hours out of bed rest I manage to fuck up big time. I deactivate my sharingan, and I decide to explore a bit. The area looks foreign but has a very familiar feel to it that's unexplainable. I walk around for about a half hour only getting more frusterated by the minute until I spot a clearing. The sun location hadn't helped me at all, and during the last five minutes I was starting to cuss at the vegataion around me. Not my proudest moment, especially for an Uchiha like myself, and luckily nobody heard me going off.

The clearing is just a simple feild, but at the far end looks to lead to some sort of town. I quickly dash across the feild and I see that the road doesn't go no father than a kilometer or two so I start to hike the small road. Where could I be, or maybe more importantly, When?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter end notes: You like? That's the start of it all, and I hope I left you wanting a bit more. Next update is whenever Abysmal is finished, which shouldn't be too long. Peace!