TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Retribution by Shizake Uchiha, Sasaui Uchiha

[Reviews - 19]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Shizake here! Me and Sasaui will be switching off chapters. Nothing more to it so enjoy! This is a action/adventure fic with hints of mystery and romance in it. So we hope you like it!
Chapter notes: Shizake with the first chapter for our story. I hope you enjoy it!
-Easy as Pie
(Suroyu's POV)

"You two are just conducting a small diplomat mission in the land of shadows. The Twilight Village to be exact. I want you Suroyu to establish some trade routes and possibly a peace treaty with them. If it's not possible then abandon and head back. Shizuno, I want you to go with him for safety, there's no telling what you'll encounter there. Leave immediately" Hiruzen declares.

"Yes sir. We won't fail you." I reply and bow at the same time.

My name is Suroyu Raitozu, a ninja in the ANBU of the Village Hidden in the Leaves. I've been working in this section since the age of twenty. Now I'm twenty four. I moved here from the Stone village. Next to me is my roommate and squad-mate Shizuno Daisuke. A lovely young jounin at the age of twenty two. She was my first friend when I moved here and I honestly think she's the most beautiful person ever. We've been having an on and off relationship for a while and somehow have managed to stay friends throughout all of it. It's been difficult these past couple of months so we decided to put of the relationship stuff for the sake of our missions...Though that's easier said than done.

We head to our apartment to pack our supplies and what not. We load up on everything important and head to the front gates. The sun is just starting to shine which signals a long journey ahead of us.

"You ready?" I ask Shizuno.

"As ready as I'll ever be. Lets go."

We begin our journey to the Twilight Village and might I say, looking at the map, it's definitely going to take a day or two. We keep a casual pace as we dash through trees and open plains of grass. The heat is as blazing as ever which just makes matters worse. shouldv'e dressed light I guess.

"What's the map say?" Shizuno questions.

"It says we head along this path for a while until we hit a small farming village. From there we head south east along this river until we hit a mountain range. After that we just head straight and we'll be there."

"So pretty much a long ass journey?"

"Yup."

Shizuno lets out a sigh as we continue through the forest. At least the trees are keeping us cool, I don't think I can continue through the blistering sun anymore.

"So...How was your "date" last night?" I warily ask Shizuno.

"Why do you want to know?"

"Just wanna look out for you, you know?"

"I don't need you looking out for me Suroyu. We said we would stop this romantic stuff so lets try not to butt in each other's love life." Shizuno sharply states.

"Sorry...I was just asking. That guy looked like a real ass."

"Ha. Are you jealous Suroyu?"

"N-no..."

"Oh my god. You totally are!"

I blush and drop the conversation before it escalates. We come to a clearing and I decide we need to take a rest. We strip our armor and lay back against some trees, taking in the cool air while we can. I doze off for a bit until I feel a sharp pain in my ribs.

"Come on. We need to keep moving. We're about two hours away from the first checkpoint. We'll stop there and set up camp." Shizuno states.

"I didn't need that kick thank you very much..." I respond rubbing my ribs.

As usual we continue our pace through forests and plains. The sight of vegetation is boring me to death and I swear I could fall asleep running like this. Looking at the same thing over and over gets old especially for hours on end. I take occasional sips of water from my canteen and snack on bits of bread from my backpack. For the next hour and a half we're both pretty quiet. Which kind of bugs me since I can only act myself around Shizuno...Ever since that whole ordeal in the stone village I've never been the same...

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***

"Suroyu! Run! Run for you-"

"Suroyu! It's a trap! Get the hell out of...AGHHH!!!!!"

"Zaishi! Miyoko! NO!!!!!" I scream

SHINK!

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***
I shudder at the thought of that flashback...The last thing I remember was a blade entering my stomach and then darkness. I woke up in a hospital three days later with no memory of what happened. I was in complete shock. To think, I was blamed for the death of my whole squad...That's why I changed...That's why I fled and came to the leaf. The ANBU sure have helped. They say ANBU are just emotionless people, but my emotion only shows around Shizuno...I don't know why.

"You're awfully quiet." Shizuno says. "It's not like you. Is something wrong?"

"N-no. I'm fine Shizuno. Just fine." I smile and reply with.

"Whatever you say."

Finally we arrive at the first checkpoint and set up camp. We set up the tents and what not and then set up a fire. We cook some food we brought a long and then sit there beside the fire for a while reminiscing about past stuff.

"Remember that time we were surrounded by ten rogue ninja on that mission in the Hidden Mist?" Shizuno starts off.

"Yeah. Haha it's a good thing we are both lightning nature. We would've been screwed if we didn't combine our jutsu."

"Or that one time when we got caught in the middle of a fight between the sand and the stone."

"I saved your life remember? That was the most brutal emotional experience ever...Seeing those stone ninja."

"Hey Suroyu. You never told me. How have you managed to keep away from the stone all these years."

"Thank the third for that one. I told him my situation when I fled to the leaf. He could read it in my eyes that I was telling the truth and decided I should hide myself amongst the ANBU since they are anonymous faces. The stone has no idea where I am, I'm probably presumed dead there."

"Oh. Hopefully we don't see any of them anytime soon."

"Heh. Yeah. That would be rough. Well hey I'm tired, I'll see you in the morning?"

"Of course. Goodnight Suroyu." Shizuno puts as she hugs me.

We put out the fire and retreat to our tents for some shut eye. Tomorrow is just going to be another full day of traveling. We'll hit the village by the afternoon and then the mountain range at about sundown. Better get a good nights rest.
Chapter end notes: Hope you liked it.