TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Unbreakable Promise by Akira_Kohara

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Please R&R!
Twelve years ago...
“Give us the money and we’ll let you go!” a man with blue hair shouted. “But I don’t have any, my home was burned away along with it.” Hikari cried. “I don’t care! Your parents borrow a great amount of money from us you know! And now that they’re gone...your in charged of the money!” Another shouted. (Black hair) At the menacing of Hikari’s parents, her eyes start to get watery. Despite the facts that these men had been yelling and hurting, or that she haven’t been eat ever since the house had burned down. Only apples from trees and water from lakes and streams had been her meal for the last three weeks. Hikari is a great ninja, the best in the academy; she could of beat these weaklings less than ten minutes. However, she was extremely low in chakra, plus, she was only seven years old! “How am I supposed to give you that kind of money? I don’t even have a cent, what in the world makes you think that I can pay it!” She tried to yell but she was just too tired. Suddenly, without warning, a kunai came flying towards one of the man. The man tries to dodge it but a cut had appeared on his face. “Who’s there? Show yourself!” A young boy came to the clearing. It seems that the boy is around Hikari’s age, maybe a year old, too. He has long blackish hair that is tie to a ponytail and his eyes were...red, with black dots on it. “Oh look guys, it looks like the Tokoyami have a bodyguard, I thought she just said that she doesn’t even have a cent, personally, I think that she just use all of her money for a bodyguard,” the blue hair man said with a tone of mockery. “But perhaps, she should’ve get a stronger or a more experiences person instead of a child!” “You’re hopeless,” the boy with the red eyes said. “What was that?” “I said...you’re hopeless,” the boy continues. “Only those who say big are weaklings,” the blue hair man said. The boy suddenly vanishes and quickly appeared behind the blue hair man. A human eye cannot see such quick movements unless trained, Hikari thought as the boy knock each of them out. Slowly he walk towards her, lend out his hand. She grabs his hand as he pulls her up. “Hey, you okay. Where are your parents? It’s dangerous if you...” He stops as Hikari started to cry again. “They’re gone... They were burned in the house…” She told him. “I see...well, you could come and live with my family, I’m sure they don’t mind. By the way, I’m Uchiha Itachi...you?” “I’m...I’m Tokoyami Hikari.” “Umm...Itachi,” Hikari thought hard to how she would say it. “Itachi-sama? Can I call you that?” Itachi finch a little, but resume his pasture, “Sure, if you wish to that is.” Hikari smiles, “Arigatou (Thank you), Itachi-sama.”


Five years later... “Itachi-sama, are you really gonna do it?” I asked. “You’re going to stop me, aren’t you? Hikari-chan” Itachi answered back. “No, no, of course not! I would never do such thing! You know me better than that!” I said with shock that Itachi said that to me. On the day of my arrival to the home of the Uchiha, I had promise myself that no matter what happens, I would protect my savior, Uchiha Itachi with my live. (This is kind of like Zabuza and Haku kind of thing) “Don’t worry, I’m going to be fine, I’ll come back for you. That’s a promise.” Itachi said. He kisses my tender lips one last time and disappears to accomplish his mission...


It has been seven years after Itachi killed his entire clan except for Sasuke, only to serve him (Sasuke) torture and madness within, revenge seems to be the only thing that keep him alive. Kurenai and I went shopping for dumpling for Anko, just has they walk toward it, they meant up with Asuma. “Hey there, you three,” a voice called out. I looked a head and watch Kakashi closing his book. “My, you two get along well.” “And as usually, never go anywhere without that little book of yours, someday, I just wish that book of yours would disappear,” I joked. Kakashi only glared. “Baka, I’m only here because Anko asked me to buy some dumplings for her,” Kurenai blushed. “You’re blushing,” I sang aloud slowly, just then, I realize something, “Oh no, I’m so sorry Kurenai, I have to meet someone. Bye.” I disappeared before Kurenai can object. “And what are you doing here?” Asuma asked. “Well, I came to buy an offering, and I’m meeting someone here,” Kakashi smiles, eyeing at the Dumpling shop. “Sasuke, that is.” “Oh? It’s unusual for you to wait for someone,” Asuma said, also looking at the dumpling shop, “Is the offering for Obito? “Obito?” Kurenai said. “Something likes that.” “Kakashi,” a voice called out, which happens to be Sasuke’s “It’s unusual for you to be first here.” “I do it from time to time,” Kakashi replied. Sasuke look clueless at the dumpling shop, his face slowly turned into seriousness, “I don’t like natto (fermented soybeans) and sweets.” “Oh, really?” a bored voice came out of Kakashi’s mouth. He looks at Asuma and Kurenai and they got the message by nodding their heads and disappeared in the thin air.


Two mysterious people walked down near a riverbank. They wore a long black cloak with clouds on it. They also wore a straw hat with white fabric on the back and on the side. It covers their identity well hidden. One of them is short, like an original person, while the other is at least a head taller. It seems a sword is on the back, which covered in bandages. As the two mysterious people walked along the bank, Asuma, and Kurenai appear a few feet in front of them. A great tension slowly builds up. “You’re not from this village, are you?” Asuma asked. “Why did you come here?” “It’s been a while, Asuma-san, Kurenai-san,” the smaller figure said. Asuma continue with his questions “If you know as, you must be a former ninja of the village.” The smaller figure slowly lifts his straw hat, as he did so, his hand reveled to have purple finger nails and a ring, which means scarlet, on his right hand and ring finger. Asuma and Kurenai gasp as to what they saw; the smaller figure took of his straw hat and opens his cloak slightly, reveling some part of his body. “No doubt about it’s, its Uchiha Itachi,” Asuma said. He and Kurenai gasped as they saw a line across his headband, which symbolize that he is a missing-nin. “You know these people, Itachi-san?” The taller figure said. “Then I should introduce myself, too. Hoshigoki Kisame, nice to make your acquaintance.” He also has a line on his headband. “You would not make any acquaintance here, I’m going to eliminate you two right here and now.” Asuma told him. “Itachi-san, it’s seems that your hated in this village,” Kisame said to the smaller figure, which is known as Itachi. Not all people, there’s still one. Itachi thought. “I also know you, Hoshigoki Kisame, a former in the Hidden in the Mist Village ninja, you’re wanted in many countries, including the Country of the Water.” Kurenai answered. “You’re S-rank criminals in the bingo book,” Asuma said. “Itachi, you came back after what you have done, you have a lot of guts coming back to this village. What is your purpose?” “Asuma-san, Kurenai-san, please do not get involved in my work, I have no interest of killing you,” Itachi said in a stern voice. “It’s not something that a guy can say after he killed his clan, I know that you must have a reason for coming here.” Asuma said. Suddenly, Kisame pulled his sword and slam it on the floor, with Itachi’s permission, a fight as began.


I left Kurenai and Asuma near the dumpling shop. It would be unwise to stay there much longer. Such cute couples, they should really admit their feelings for each other. I smiles at my thoughts. I jumped up to a tree near by, and slowly drifts of to sleep... It wasn’t until sounds of fighting and water splashing woke me up from my dreamless sleep. What is going on? I thought. I followed the sound of the fighting and water splashing, I then saw two men in a black with red clouds on it. I couldn’t see their faces because their backs were facing me. I suddenly saw Kakashi about to fall to the water; I quickly rush in just in time to catch his fall. What’s, what’s going on around here? Why are Asuma and Kurenai having their eyes close during a fight? “Asuma-kun, Kurenai-chan, why is your eyes close?” I said. Before they could reply, I felt a pair of strong arms rapped around me and pulled away from Kakashi. I screamed. “Hikari!” Kakashi tried to shout but only came out in a whisper. Asuma and Kurenai shot their eyes open and looked at me. What’s, what’s going on? Who captured me? I can’t turn around and look! “Hikari!” They shouted. “Kisame, we’re leaving,” a familiar voice behind me said. I stop moving, that voice, why is it so familiar? Could it be? Is it really him? “Aww, and I was about to have some fun, oh well,” another voice said, as me and my kidnappers disappear. “Oh no, Itachi has kidnap Hikari, we have to safe her!” Kurenai yelled. “But where do we start? They could be anywhere. And besides, Kakashi needs help, we better go before anyone sees us, especially Sasuke.” Asuma answered. “Your right, besides, I’m sure Hikari can take care of herself, she’s a strong girl. I’ve seen her fighting.” (Hikari is a Jōnin rank level) “Come on, let’s go.” “Hai.”


Two people in a black with red clouds on it walked though the forest, about 50km away from Konoha. A young girl, who is in her late teens, followed the two people. They are walking to the direction of another small village, which is only a few km away. The two men stop, and the girl followed their pace and stopped too. “Hikari,” one of the men called out, “We will stop for a minute and rest. There is a lake near by. If you wish, take a sip.” “Hai, Itachi-sama, do you wish for some water too? And your partner?” the young girl, who appears to be Hikari ask. Silent… “Hai,” they answered. Within a blink of an eye, Hikari disappear to the lake. Shortly after her depart, the two men continue to talk in a hush voice on the their mission to capture the Kyūbi no Yōko…


“Naruto-kun, please come with us.” Sasuke? Iie. This is not Sasuke. But, who is he? Why does he carry the bloodline of the Sharingan? Naruto thought. “To think that this little boy carries the Kyūbi within him,” Naruto look at the man, who highly resembles of a shark. How did…how did he know about the Kyūbi? Naruto continues to think. “Let’s go outside,” said Itachi. “Hmm, perhaps I should cut off a leg or two to prevent him from running, what do you think?” Kisame said half-serious. Silent. “Then I shall.” All Naruto could do was to star widely at the man who is now approaching him. He wanted to run but his body wouldn’t listen, his body just stand there, waiting to be cut, when Itachi suddenly spoke. “It’s been a long time…Sasuke…” “Uchiha Itachi.” Uchiha…Itachi, an Uchiha, like Sasuke, Naruto thought, what’s going on? “Hmm, a sharingan, who is this kid,” Kisame spoke. “My...little brother.” Naruto gasp. He then remembered what Sasuke told him during the fight at the village of Mist. Kisame started to talk about how the entire Uchiha clan was killed by Itachi himself. So this is the guy that Sasuke wanted to kill. “Uchiha Itachi, I’m going to kill you! Like you said, I hated you, detested you. And just to kill you, I’ve…survived.” “Chidori?” Itachi was a little surprise as his baby brother starts to form the Chidori. “I’m going to kill you!” Sasuke ran across the hall, to the other end of the hallway, where Itachi is. (“Die,” Sasuke yelled.) Just he was about a foot away when… Boom! Naruto and Sasuke gasp has they saw who was blocking the way. It was…Hikari. “Why,” Sasuke said calmer at first, because he was surprise to see you, but angrier the next, “Why the hell did you block my way Hikari!” “If you wish to kill him…” I said emotionlessly, “You have to go through me first.” What? What’s going on? What happened? Why did Hikari-chan just block Sasuke’s way? Naruto surprisingly thought.’ Naruto quickly trying to summon the Kyūbi’s chakra power, I was still holding on to Sasuke’s wrist. Sasuke tries to pull it off but I just hold it tightly. Then Itachi-sama had order me to break it. Crack! I broke it without hesitation, Sasuke kneel down, screaming in pain. “Sasuke! Hikari-chan, why, why did you…” “Itachi-sama ordered me too.” “That’s bastard kill Sasuke’s clan! And you even listen to him? Why would you do that!” “That man…you just called bastard. He’s the one…who give me life. I’m just here to repay what he has done for me.” “Damn it! Don’t you even care about Sasuke anymore?” “This is my decision to make, not yours. And my decision is to follow and protect him no matter what. That’s my fate!” “But don’t you remember all the good times we’ve had. And you’re just going to throw it away. Just for him.” “Hai.” “Damn you to hell! I trusted you. I thought of you as a sister! And you… Summoning Technique…” “Too slow!” Kisame yelled. Huh? Where’s the Kyūbi’s Chakra? Naruto thought. Naruto tries harder but it still won’t come out. That sword of his, is it possible to devour chakra? I thought. “My Samehada can shave…and devour Chakra.” Kisame explains. “It would be troublesome if he used his petty techniques. Maybe we should cut off his hands before we do the legs.” Naruto tries harder. Why, why isn’t coming out? Kisame swings his sword but suddenly, a huge amount of smoke came. But something else was blocking the way. “Huh? What’s this?” Kisame replied. It was a large frog that had been blocking the way. “You two…don’t know me very well,” a mysterious voice said. “Jiraiya the man…is better at winning a girl…than at being seduced by one. I wouldn’t let a woman gets to me, when you become like me, girls will go crazy for you. “Really? How come it isn’t working for me?” I joked. Kisame laughed at my remark. “Yeah right! You got overly excited by a wink from that girl.” Naruto pointed out, “I don’t think you should show that now, Perverted Hermit!” “Please don’t say that in front of people.” “More importantly, these guys aren’t weak, Perverted Hermit. And Hikari-chan is one of them, Perverted Hermit. Perverted Hermit!” “Stop calling me Perverted Hermit!” Kisame snicker a little. “He is the great Jiraiya, who was praised as one of the legendary Sannin, after all. Even if you are a women lover, I knew we couldn’t hold you long.” “What! They knew the Perverted Hermit true identity!” Naruto shouted. “But then, it seems you have dispelled the illusionary technique from that girl.” Jiraiya glared. “You guys are a disgrace, trying to separate me and Naruto use an eye technique. After all, you are after Naruto” Naruto and Sasuke gasp silently. “No wonder Kakashi-san knew, you were the source,” Itachi spoke for the very first time since Jiraiya got here. “It was an urgent order from our organization, Akatsuki, to take Naruto-kun with us. What’s going on? Naruto thought. Proof, the frog disappeared. Jiraiya looked at me, “I may not know very well of you, Hikari, but I know that you are a Konoha shinobi. But, are you actually a spy from Akatsuki? After Orochimaru, you knew that Konoha is going to be a mess. So you took that period to inform the members of the Akatsuki to get Naruto.” “I am not part of the Akatsuki nor that I know what their intention is. I’m just here to help Itachi-sama, that is all there to it.” I replied. “But please, hand over Naruto to us.” “I’m sorry but I can’t hand Naruto to you.” “We’ll see about that,” Itachi said. “Very well, then I’ll kill you three.” “Don’t interfere,” a voice said. I turn my head around to find Sasuke slowly standing up. “The one who is going to kill him…is ME!” “I have no interest in you right now. Hikari, please take care of him,” Itachi said. “Hai.” “Shut up and move Hikari!” Sasuke yelled as he run towards Itachi, but I step in just in time and kicked him, sending him flying towards the other end of the hallway. He crashes down. “Sasuke! Damn it!” Naruto yelled as he runs towards Sasuke, but then… “Naruto, I told you to not to interfere!” Naruto stop. “I told you before, I’ve lived up to this moment. For this very day!” He runs towards Itachi again but I just blocked him and sent him flying towards the wall again. “I’m still not through yet,” Sasuke whispered but enough for us to hear (“He can’t even perform seals anymore,” Itachi thought), “This is my battle.” I run towards Sasuke, just about two feet away from him… “Very well,” Itachi said, “Hikari, you can stop now, I’ll fight from here.” “Then I will not interfere.” Jiraiya gasp and is about to run when Kisame raise his Samehada, “You’ve heard him, this is their battle, lets not interfere.” Itachi-sama slowly walks towards Sasuke and me; I walked away towards the corner so that I would not interfere. Itachi block his little brother’s punches easily, he hit his little brother without hesitation. Sasuke soon fell down, Itachi look at his little brother in disgust, thinking that he should be a lot stronger. He picked up Sasuke by the neck and hit him against the wall, Itachi then whisper something to Sasuke’s ear, “You are weak. Why are you weak? Because you lack…in hatred.” Itachi close his eyes and open them again, activating his Sharingan. Sasuke gasp. “Being cruel as usual, he use Tsyukomi (God of the Moon) on his little brother,” Kisame said. “Perhaps it will teach him a lesson,” I said. A chilling scream broke into the atmosphere as Sasuke scream uncontrollability. After several minutes of continues, terrifying scream of a twelve year old boy, it stop. "Stop it you bastard!" Naruto yelled. He ran towards Sasuke and his older brother, Kisame then follow Naruto but everyone was surprise when Jiraiya summon "Ninpou Gamaguchi Shibari' (Frog Mouth Trap). Itachi-sama pushes his little brother in the 'meat' that covers the hallways. "You're out of luck, Itachi, Kisame, Hikari, you're inside my stomach now," Jiraiya said happily. "I summoned the esophagus of a gigantic grog from the Myouboku Mountain's rock inn. "Eww! That's disgusting, I don't want to be in someone's stomach," I said in disgust, especially a perverted one. Jiraiya however, ignore me, "You two are wanted criminals anyways, Hikari is a traitor to the village, I'm going to turn you three into food for this rock frog. Everyone, excluding Itachi-sama and Jiraiya looked irritated and frightened, but Jiraiya assured to Naruto that this is his Jutsu so Naruto wouldn't get hurt and told him not to move. Itachi-sama turned around, "Kisame, Hikari, lets go." "Hai." We replied but Kisame sort of have trouble with his sword, but quickly followed Itachi-sama. "It's useless, no one has ever escaped from this before," Jiraiya told us. Kisame turned around, "The wall of meat is closing in on us." "I'll try to slow at down," I yelled and did a series of hand seals, "Ice style-Ice Barrier Jutsu." After that, I kept on running but the ice barrier broke off and came charging us again, " The wall is faster than us, at this rate..." But Itachi-sama use Amaterasu (God of the Sun) with his Sharingan and we were able to break free. "Why must we retreat?" Kisame started saying after we broke free, "You could've..." "We were nearly killed...or eaten..." I whisper. "There is no need to hurry with Naruto at his current level," Itachi-sama said, I could hear, from his voice that he is extremely tired, "Also, I must rest myself somewhere for a while." I had to use Tsukuyomi, and was even forced to use Amaterasu; Itachi-sama thought has he deactivated his Sharingan.




"Dynamic entry!" Gai yelled, as he kicked the 'Legendary Sannin' by accident. Gai gasped at who he just kicked, and quickly apologies to him, well, sort of. It goes something like this...

"Oh well, um... I'm sorry I hit you... I was in a hurry and I forgot my mirror." He laugh shyly, "I used my forehead protector as a mirror, but it was blurry, and I mistook your rugged face as that of an enemy... and let my burning youthful spirt take over, and I carelessly... Gomennasai! " "Is that supposed to be an apology?" "I'm not good with words..." "Forget about that for now," Jiraiya said irritably, "Take Sasuke to a medical squad." "Yes, sir!" "His arm and ribs are broken, also, he took a psychological attack from the Sharingan and was knocked unconscious." He suffered from the Sharingan, too? Gai thought. "Perverted Hermit, is Sasuke going to be okay?" Naruto asked. "It looks like he has taken heavy psychological damage." I'm going to kill you! Sasuke yelled. "Die!" “Why, why the hell did you block my way Hikari!” “If you wish to kill him... You have to go through me first.” "Break it!" Crack! "AHH!" “Sasuke! Hikari-chan, why, why did you…” “Itachi-sama ordered me too.” Naruto is shivering with anger as he recalled what happen from the last hour, "Kuso... What in the hell... What did that bastard do to Sasuke, Perverted Hermit?! We have a change in plans. I was scared back there, but I'm going to find those black coat guys and Hikari and beat them up this time! They want me, right?! Then I'll go to them." "Hikari? She was here?" "Yeah." "But Asuma, Kurenai said that Hikari was capture by them!" Gai exclaim. "Iie, Hikari had been with Itachi every since Hikari came to the Uchiha compound...with Itachi." "You mean..." "Hai, Hikari was always royal towards Itachi, because he had saved her...at least, that's what the people in the village says.


Itachi-sama lay on the tree trunk as I tried to build a fire; Kisame had gone of to catch some fish for our dinner. It was pretty hard since I don't know any Fire Jutsu, so doing the old, fashion way is the only way to do it. "You need any help?" Itachi-sama asks, his voice no longer has that tired sound anymore. "Hai, why do you ask?" He stood up went over to me and did a series of hand seals and the fire was made before I could object. "But Itachi-sama-" I said, but Itachi-sama cut me off with a passionate kiss, I quickly respond to him. Itachi-sama, I'm- grateful...for everything you have done for me. You've remembered, you've stayed by my side, forever... I'm so glad! You- You have- You have remember... Our promise. Our unbreakable promise...