TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Promise of a Lifetime by MCC

[Reviews - 11]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

I've been debating whether I should try writing a story or not for a while now, and I guess I've finally given in.
This is my first story about anything, and I'm quite nervous about it. ,_,
I would really appreciate anyone's feedback on it because I'm sure it's very much needed.


Kaede [Kai-day]
Mamoru [Mam-or-oo]
Kaori [Cow-oh-ree]
Oerba [Er-ba]
I decided to start the story out like this because I absolutely adore children. I don't have any myself, but I love seeing the bond between a baby and their mother especially after they were just born. I'm not sure if I captured that moment correctly, but I hope I did.

Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the first chapter! If I get enough good feedback, I'll most likely update again soon. (:
A Promise of a Lifetime - 1


The wails of a new born baby echoed throughout the hospital room as Kaede took in a very much needed deep breath. Her brown hair stuck to her forehead and cheeks as she tilted her head towards the bundle of white in the nurses' arms.

The fluorescent lights glared down her, blinding her already sensitive eyes more than they already were.

The delivery was finally over, but now, the worry of if her baby was alright or not, began. She panicked slightly as they wisped her newborn daughter away.

Her heartbeat slowly went back into it's natural rhythm, as her husband placed his clammy, shaking tan hand into her pale one.

She looked up at her husband, who's violaceous eyes locked onto her, before giving him a light smile.

He bent down slowly and placed a gentle, ghostly kiss onto her forehead before smiling at her warmly.

“Thank you,” he whispered, a tear twinkling on the brim of his eye. “Thank you, so much.”

Kaede let out a shallow breath as her eyes gently flowed shut.

Everything the past three months held proved to be a challenge. The pregnancy. Her husband, Mamoru, constantly being assigned worrisome missions. The worry of just being a shinobi itself. The worry of her village – her home – being attacked at any time, just like the kyuubi's attack that occurred only 1 month prior.

All of that, and then some, added to the stress of being a future mother.

But come hell or high water, Kaede vowed to herself and her new born daughter that she would give anything, even her life, to protect her baby.

It was only motherly instinct.

Kaede's eyes sparked open at the quiet whining of her baby from the arms of the medical shinobi. The whining soon grew to voiceless sobs, then into full blown wails.

She cringed at her baby's high pitched crying, wanting more than anything in the world for her baby to be happy.

Mustering up all the strength she had, she looked over to the nurse once again.

“I want to see her,” she confessed weakly, silent tears leaking their way through lilac eyes.

The nurse looked over at Kaede with her cerulean eyes before looking back down at the crying baby. “It would be best if we examine her first, Lady Oerba. Forgive me, but it will only take a little while longer-”

“Please. I just want to see my baby,” she interrupted as she pushed herself up into a sitting position. “I just don't want her to cry anymore.”

The nurse looked over at the other accompanying shinobi before looking back over at Kaede. Her golden blond hair moved slightly as she nodded her head yes as she made her way over to the mother.

“5 minutes only,” she instructed as she placed the tearful infant into her arms, “These moments are the most important in her life. We have to make sure she's alright.”

The nurse's cautions fell on deaf ears though. Kaede was already lost in the enchantment of her baby as she fussed and wailed in her light but protective grip.

“Hi,” she whispered down at her baby, “I know you weren't ready to come out just yet, huh?” she chuckled quietly “But you shouldn't fuss anymore, mama's right here. Mama's going to protect you now, I promise.”

Mamoru leaned closer to her and drug a light fingertip across his daughter's soft right cheek. “She's a small thing, isn't she?” he commented only above a whisper.

“She's perfect,” Kaede mused, “Absolutely beautiful.”

“And we're both here to protect her,” Mamoru corrected.

“Kaori. Her name is Kaori,” Kaede decided as the cries slowly mellowed down to quiet whines. “Kaori Oerba.”

“Kaori it is,” Mamoru agreed as he planted another kiss onto Kaede's forehead.

Newborn Kaori's eyes squinted open revealing lilac orbs that resembled her mother's and father's. The small tuffs of brown hair that were scatted across her head was gently covered by the hospitals snow white baby blanket.

In Kaede and Mamoru Oerba's eyes, she was truly a gift from heaven.

A few more loving moments passed before a nurse came and once again wisped Kaori away.

Kaede let out another shallow breath as her husband soothingly ran his fingers through her hair.

She, for the most part was alright. Her baby as far as she could tell was absolutely perfect. And her husband seems to have survived the torturous hand gripping just fine. So why couldn't Kaede relax, even just a little? She felt uneasy, as if something were to happen in those next few moments – but nothing did.

Whatever was causing those feelings wouldn't last long. Kaede has a new, more important priority now, and she is willing to do anything she can to protect it.

---


That one mystical night on November 15th brought in a new source of light into the worlds of Kaede and Mamoru. One that they would lost to cherish for as long as they lived.

If only they knew that they'd only be able to experience that warm, loving light for such a short period of time.