TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Taking Flight And Setting Flames by Tragedy

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Short Story I Did For A College Prompt. Write A (1 pg) Story WIth You As A Superhero Or Super Villain. Explain How You Got Your Powers. I Don't Really Think It's Dark But That's A Judgement Call. Rated 15 For Implied Death(s).

As I rose into the air, the feeling was liberating, absolutely exhilarating. It was not the first time that I had taken flight, but it was the first time that it brought with it so much freedom, and I needed this freedom. Flashbacks crashed with painful force to the forefront of my mind and as I looked down back at the headquarters of the people who had kidnapped, tortured and experimented on me for the last ten years, my joy turned to anger and I swore that my anger would be molded into vengeance. A promise I intended to fulfill now.
To say that nothing good had come of my hardships would be a near truth, but a lie nonetheless, for I had gained these new abilities only with the… help, of these people. I had learned to fly, to burn with just mental concentration, and even more importantly, I had learned to be ruthless. Growing up, if you could call it that, I also learned that facts and meanings and truths and lies and rights and wrongs were all menial things, for they all depended on perceptions. For example, my captures were evil to me, but the company’s front was considered a godsend to this miserable country. A fucking godsend. So as I dive bombed back towards the complex, I had decided to show just what I learned. I vow to be their villain.
Concentrating, I turned a 60 mph 45 degree plummet into a 90 degree dash, exploding through a middle level window of the main building. The window sent me into a tumbling roll, and dazed I stood up to the sound of alarms ringing. Confused faces in the office building turned to shouts of panic as people began to recognize me for who I was, who I am, the monster that they created.
I allowed my face to contort into the very visage of disgust and rage as I stretched my arm out and focused on melting the two doors leading to or from the room, I did not worry about the closet doors. I did, however take the liberty of setting the corners of the room ablaze, along with a few random office accessories. You know, desks, couches, whatever was in the despicable room.
Satisfied with my work in knowing that there would be no escape and that the sprinklers would not be enough to quell my fires, I made my way over to the window I had crashed through, smirking at the knowledge that these inhumane creatures would suffer the inhumane deaths that they all deserved. Knowing that they would all be forced to huddle towards the center of the room in hopes that a savior that did not exist would come and save them from a fate they could not avoid and that together, they would all burn.
Leaping out of the window, I felt ecstatic, giddy even. But my work was not done, rather it had only began and as much as I’d like to take my time and enjoy burning every single room, office, hallway one by one, the sirens reminded that I could little afford such luxuries.
Thinking things over a little, I realized that the easiest, and smartest way would probably be to set the bottom floors ablaze so as to prevent escape. However the outside area surrounding the building was mostly concrete and the lobby floors tile, not easy burning materials. But then another idea struck me and I repeated my previous actions, but being sure to salvage a table or two and some plastic chairs that I found in a storeroom or something that I simply tossed to the ground below. The tables I carried, and as I approached the lobby doors, I smiled a smile that truly came from within. Setting up the tables one atop another inside the automatic doors and setting up the chairs however they would fit, I set the entire contraption ablaze.
Feeling somewhat disappointed that I had not taken the windows into consideration, I reassured myself with the knowledge that they were all bullet proof and therefore meaning that no one would be jumping through these. Flying up one story and melting my way through another window, I remembered to be grateful that the bulletproof windows had only been on the lobby floor, or else my endeavor may have ended before it had ever began.
Resolving myself to not worry about possibilities in favor of actualities, I resumed my quest, but instead of instantly torching the room, I made my way in to the hallways where I followed every map to every stairwell, three in total, were I did the only logical thing. I stole items from the nearest rooms respectively, (setting fires to ensure my right of passage in and out amongst the occupied rooms) and crammed whatever flammable objects I had procured into the bottoms of the stairwells. I didn’t take one of these idiots to figure out what I did next.
Opting not to exit through my entrance window, I broke out of one that apparently faced the labs that I had originally escaped from. How’d I know? I was greeted with the sight that my original small fires had really taken to, and there was a large, um, wildfire blazing where my prison should’ve been.
I shuddered at the mental image of syringes and tanks and straps as more flashbacks hit me, but afterward I smiled and rose, dressed in nothing but a tattered black tee and jeans, all I really wore was my mild satisfaction. I knew that the authorities would soon be searching me out, and I didn’t care. I would continue to destroy these headquarters, and then the country that supported this company. Because they were mine, I would be their villain. And I’ll be a damn good one, too.
Chapter end notes: If You Like It And Want More, Then I Will Peel That "Complete" Sticker Off And Post More. If Not, Eh.. Hope It Was Still Satisfactory.