TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Siren In The Sand by moshstar

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: First Chapter. For once an actual I've done a serious attempt

See below for translations
The suns heat played tricks with her mind, showing layers of sand. Sand and more sand, it’s all her eye could see.
She licked her dry lips, the taste of sweat and dirt stung her dry tongue, and she pushed though, her feet dragged, her limbs weakening falling to her knees.
Is this death? Her mind sparked, she was never used to hot weather, she always stayed near the colder nations, and she couldn’t handle this heat.
She groaned out loud as her head pounded, her stomach churned. She clasped her mouth, holding back the heaving.
She needed what fluids she had left, trying to hold the bile back, she started to sob, no tears.
But her hand didn’t help, the smell of dried sweat made her gag more, she gave up, throwing up.
Wiping her mouth she crawled away, trying not to see the stomach acid mixing with the sand, her skin hurt, burned. Laying on her stomach she groaned, closing her eyes, she felt the darkness pull her in. Deeper and deeper. She was supposed to be feared.
The shadows grasping at her. She was powerful.
And the idea of death comforted her.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A cool liquid fell on her face, she gasped, catching mouthfuls of water, she swallowed, holding her arms out trying to feel for whatever was the source, and a bottled pressed to her lips.
She guzzled from it, until it was almost ripped away from her, opening her eyes the world was still blurred, she could see an outline though.
“You can’t drink all of it, you’ll throw it all back up.” A soothing voice rang in her ears, she blinked the world slowly coming into focus. A young female, the same age as her smiled down, her pink hair gently played with the breeze, her green eyes closed as she smiled.
“Who are you anyway?” A blonde male bent down to her, sticking his face right into the sunburnt face.
“Tamami.” Her voice croaked.
“Naruto, leave her alone, who knows how long she’s been out here.” The girl smacked the boy over the head.
The boy frowned rubbing the back of his head, sitting down, but more plonking down.
Tamami sat up slowly, groaning painfully, rubbing her dirty face.
“Are you okay? Tell me what happened.” The other female knelt down with Tamami, placing a hand on the weak girls back to help support her up.
Tamami frowned, she had a mental blank, but it came back to her.
“I’m a merchant.” She lied. She was a damn good liar, she had to be, all her life she’s been on the run, she pushed memories back, so far back, locking them into her mental state of mind, berried it and lit it on fire.
“You’re clothes are different from an area like this.” Another male walked towards them. His pale skin, black eyes, dark black hair. He raised his eyebrow at Tamami.
“I was lost.” She lied again, she had to keep an eye on this one.
“Sai, I just told Naruto to leave her alone.” The female glared at him.
“I was robbed.” Tamami croaked.
“That seems true enough, she has no weapons, scrolls, money… Just the clothes on her back.” Naruto shrugged, he searched her after all.
Tamami frowned, she was robbed after all.
She ran her fingers through her tangled red hair, wincing as she pulled, she must look horrible, her usual pale skin pink, her silky smooth hair dirty and ratty, being scratched, bruised and dry, and her pale blue eyes looked up towards the three, and they looked immaculate.
“Sakura, must you trust others so easily?” Sai sat down cross legged.
“Why are you still an ass?” She snapped back, he smiled, one of the emptiest smiles she’s ever seen.
“Settle down children.” A man stepped up.
“I’ve scouted the area, there were tracks of missing Nin. They have been disposed of.” You could tell by his eyes he was grinning, even with half of his face covered. Tamami shrunk a little inside, she was in danger, and she wasn’t stupid.
“Kakashi-sensei, Tamami here was robbed by them.” Sakura smiled, helping Tamami with more water.
The sun was starting to set. The temperature dropped dramatically, Tamami sighed with relief. The cool air swimming around her, she couldn’t help but smile.
Though it was cut short, Kakashi and Sai were staring at her, they didn’t believe her.
“So are you going to Suna?” Sakura smiled, Tamami nodded.
“I had to deliver a package to a shop owner, looks like I can’t do that anymore.” Tamami groaned, hopefully that would fly with the obviously more experienced ninja.
“Was it this?” Kakashi opened a carrier bag spilling its contents onto the sand, Tamami gulped, her body now getting more moisture it was easier to do the simple things.
On the sand laid two shurikan, rolls of money and two large kunai, both blue, though chipped at the edges they were still deadly sharp, Tamami tried not to groan out loud, these were her babies. Her two arms, and now they lay on the sand.
“Yes.” She whispered, Kakashi took a note on how she gazed intently at the two weapons.
Tamami wanted to pick them up, kill the four, take their water and run, but she had to play it cool, she had a plan.
It was obvious they hadn’t heard of her, maybe they have, this was all an act. Her heart thumped against her chest.
“Well, since you were robbed I think we should assist you to the village.” Kakashi packed the bag up again. Tamami nodded, when they slept she’d steal back her babies, she had to remind herself not to kill them, they weren’t sand ninja. They were from the leaf, someone would notice they were missing.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tamami opened her eyes, it was pitch black, the sound of soft snoring drifted through the air, she rolled over, concentrating, all four, in the same close group, though she wasn’t stupid, one of them would be awake.
She sat up, as silently as she could, she wasn’t used to sand, there were no trees, shrub… Anything.
Tamami sneaked around the sleeping blonde, he rolled over as she stepped over him, she froze, if he opened his eyes he would see right up her skirt.
He snored loudly and smacked his sleeps, Tamami tried not to smile, she had to concentrate, reminding herself these were ninja’s. Leaf ninja’s, known to be cunning and spot a trick a mile off.
She stepped quietly to the dead fire, scanning the area of possible traps, there were none, these people were too trusting, she smiled to herself, she was going to do it, kneeling down she felt the warm ground, patting around she felt a satchel, pulling out her two kunai.
Safely strapping them to her hip she grabbed three bottles of water, and stood up.
She felt the air shift as she turned around, immediately she kicked, a strong hand gripped at her ankle, she countered her weight and flipped, kicking for the head, she felt it connect as the person dropped, though still a firm grip on her ankle, twisting it, they both thudded to the ground.
He pinned her down, her eyes adjusting she saw that fake smile.
She over threw him, now on top of him she smirked, her knees pinning his arms, he frowned slightly as he kicked her off easily, she dropped back, taking a few seconds to hear if anyone else was awake, but the three sets of light breathing, one heavily snoring.
Sai dragged her along the sand, she twisted herself, getting lose. He sighed as he threw a punch, she dodge and countered with a punch to the stomach, he stepped back, she swiped at his legs but he gracefully jumped over her feet, grabbing a hold of her hair, she closed her eyes as she grabbed his hand, pulling painfully, a large chunk of her hair tore out.
“Bakayarou.” She hissed, as she threw an all strength punch, she felt it connect with his chin, sending him flying, she huffed as she heard the muffled thud.
Stepping back, she ran, apparently still another one day trip till she hit the village.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tamami spent the entire day running, as the sun set she set up camp, yawning she took a sip of water, she was glad to find she was rationing it out. Though it killed her to do so.
She smirked at herself, able to beat that poor kid, those poor suckers didn’t know what hit them.
Her celebration was cut short when she heard a group coming, it was them again, standing up, waiting for them.
Kakashi had the first hit on her, sending her flying into the sand, she coughed and stood up once more.
“How did you find me so fast?” She spat out sand.
“You’re scent.” He smirked, she raised an eyebrow, she stunk but not that bad.
“You have traces of tobacco, sweat and blood on you.” He continued, she nodded slowly, the other three skidded to a stop, Sai’s cheek was slightly bruised, but he stood there smiling, Naruto was watching intently and Sakura frowning.
“Che’ busu! It still hurts!” Sai touched his face. Tamami smiled. She took a step forward.
“Urusai baka.” She sighed, rubbing her head. “Let me start to explain.”
The four frowned at her, she was on the spot.
“Ok, you got me, I’m not a merchant, and I’m on the run.” She watched all four almost tense up, ready to fight.
“Whoa! Settle down!” She threw her hand up.
“I haven’t finished explaining.” She frowned.
“Well hurry up, we don’t have all night.” Naruto barked.
“You see, these kunai, belong to my mother.” She smiled.
“I didn’t know Blue Hail had children.” Kakashi tilted his head.
“So you’ve heard of her…” Tamami sighed, sitting down.
“My mother had me in secret, if they found out that I existed…” She paused. “You see, my father betrayed the nation, he was the Lords second. He sold information to other nations, he didn’t even know my mother was pregnant…”
“They must have known you, you are trained.” Sai interrupted. Tamami sighed.
“That’s why I’m on the run, my father was executed, as of my mother. Though they never found out she trained me. Only for self-defence.” She glanced to Sai, he rolled his eyes.
“Look, enough with the history lesson, I was freaking out, I had to leave.” Tamami sighed.
Sakura walked over to her and knelt down, her kind green eyes stared into her own pale blues.
“She seems to be telling the truth.” Sakura sighed.
“You are weak willed Sakura.” Sai glanced towards her, Sakura turned, her fists clenching, Tamami would definitely help in the beating up of Sai.
Naruto groaned.
“Can we eat?” He plopped down on the sand, he seemed to be distracted.
“Why are you going to the sand anyway, you don’t seem to be in a rush for a mission.” Tamami asked, still on edge, they’d probably kill her later on.
“Checking up on someone.” Sakura sighed, she looked to Kakashi, trying to work out what to do.
On one hand, Tamami was labelled as a deserter, rogue nin and a threat, but on the other she was just trying to survive, trying not to be caught and killed for her father’s crimes and her mother’s disobedience.
Sakura sighed.
This is a hard one. She thought, sitting next to Tamami. Hell, I’d do the same…
“Are you serious, you are going to trust her like that? What if she is lying? Tries to escape again?” Tamami noted on how creepy Sai really was, no expressions, no tones in his voice. Though you could understand he might have been pissed off.
“Then we kill her.” Kakashi flipped out a book, Tamami sighed.
“Well, I want to know what it’s like to fight you, since you were able to land a hit on Sai.” Naruto smirked, he pointed at Tamami.
“I challenge you!” He yelled, determination flared in his eyes. Tamami smirked and nodded.
“Come on then.” She stood into her fighting stance.
Naruto ran at her, standing still she was able to quickly duck when he lunged for a punch, she swiped, he jumped, he punched, she grabbed his wrist, and then she twisted it.
He was able to easily slip from the hold, he stood still for a second, then Tamami attacked.
She threw a punch, he blocked it, she kicked, he blocked, then she gave a spin kick, it hit his shoulder, he had to take a step to the left. Whilst still in the air she flipped, grabbed both sides of his face and flipped him over with her, literally throwing him to the ground, he groaned as his back hit sand.
“Yatta!” She jumped, Naruto stood up though, lunging for her, she turned, her cheek connected with his fist, she dropped.
“That hurt.” She felt her blood, boil, she was reaching her limits, it was rare for someone to get her on the face, and when they did, they wished they were never born.
She stood up, swaying almost, her head still pointing down, casting a dark shadow over her face, Naruto gulped.
“Uh-oh.” Sakura snickered from the side lines.
Tamami jumped, pulling out her kunai, they were paler blue from the darkness, as she landed on Naruto she tried to slash him, but he rolled away just in time, Naruto took stance, waiting.
Tamami kicked sand up, Naruto covered his eyes, but the sand just drifted back down to the ground, everything almost slowed down when he noticed she wasn’t there.
“Creepy…” He mumbled to himself, though his ears picked up a foot step, he turned around, nothing.
Sakura stared in disbelief. Where was Tamami?
Suddenly a flash of red appeared in the corner of her eye, next thing you know Naruto was flung back, he skidded across the sand, going deeper into the ground. Tamami stood there, spinning her kunai around her index finger, before throwing them, they joined and grew, spinning at the blonde who was trying to evade.
They grew closer and closer. Naruto freaked, he managed to jump out, yet the kunai just dug into the ground, sharp points spinning from the ground, Naruto ran, but eventually they slowed down.
He jumped into the air smiling to himself, that he didn’t notice Tamami was behind him.
She kicked his back, causing him to drop hard into the ground.
Tamami landed gracefully. Picked up her two shrunken kunai and strapped them back to her hip.
Sakura ran to the large hole, jumping down to check Naruto.
He laid there, groaning, holding his back.
“Hold still Naruto.” She snapped at him, worry fluttering into her body as she checked for broken bones, but sighed with relief when she saw none.
“Naruto, you drama queen.” She rolled her eyes, helping him up, he still was groaning.
Tamami poked her head over the edge of the hole.
“Otouto, you okay?” She frowned, Naruto and Sakura both stared at her, Naruto’s face reddening.
“I am not your little brother!” He snapped. Tamami smirked.
“I didn’t kill you, there for your my otouto.” She explained. Naruto sighed as she struggled to get out, Tamami helped the two out.
“Does that mean Sai is your younger brother too?” Naruto growled, Tamami shook her head, a soft smile washed across her face.
“I don’t understand you, one minute your all serious, next you’re all crazy” Naruto huffed, limping and holding his back. Tamami shrugged as she sat down.
“I’ve been told that many of times.” She shrugged again, Naruto groaned as he sat, Sakura helping him, Kakashi was reading now, and Sai drawing in the light of the fire.
“How old are you anyway.” Sakura smiled, all seriousness gone.
“17.” Tamami sighed, she had to think for a moment.
“You’re the same age as me, why are you calling me little brother.” Naruto pouted.
“You wouldn’t understand.” Tamami sighed, wanting to change subject from herself.
“So you guys are from the leaf.” She turned to Sakura, she nodded.
It fell silent, Naruto was staring into the fire, Sakura deep in thought, Tamami yawned.
Maybe I can trust them…

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The group reached the great wall. Tamami amazed, staring at how high it was, patrol groups watched them as they entered.
“This place always gives me the creeps.” Naruto shivered as they passed through, entering a busy street.
“It’s like any other village I’ve seen, Naruto-chan.” Tamami looked around amazed.
Though people were staring at the strangers, especially the young boy with whiskers on his cheeks.
“You’d think they’d warm up to us already since…” Sakura trailed off, walking closer to Naruto.
Tamami watched as the people moved onto what they were doing, watching the children play, mothers chasing after them trying to balance food in one arm and toys in the other, men standing around a stall chatting, she was sweating again, she was amazed how these people were so rugged up in this heat.
“Temari!” Sakura called, a blonde woman turned around from a fruit stall, she smirked.
“Sakura, Sai, Kakashi, Naruto, it’s been a while.” She greeted the four, though she stared at the red haired girl, still marvelling the people.
“And…?” Temari raised an eyebrow.
“Tamami, don’t ask…” Naruto sighed, waving a hand. Temari nodded.
“Gaara has been waiting for you.” Temari noted. Kakashi nodded.
“Yeah… We apologise but shikata ga nai.” Sakura sighed, obviously tired from the slow travelling.
“Well, hurry up then.” Temari turned on her heel and started to walk, the others followed.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

“This is better.” Tamami sighed as she slipped into the water, it was supposed to be a hot spring but compared to the heat outside of the water, it was nice and cool, Sakura slipped in next to her.
Sakura invited Temari to come along, but she was busy, Gaara had slipped out of his office so she had to search for him.
The boys in the hot springs next to them, obviously talking about their situation.
“So how long have you been on the run?” Sakura politely asked, lifting her towel higher to cover her chest, she didn’t know if Naruto was peeping but if he was she didn’t want him to see anything.
“I guess since my mother died.” Tamami shifted, the topic was turned back to her.
“How old were you then?” Sakura pushed on.
“Young.” Tamami stated, obviously in a way to stop the conversation.
Sakura took the hint, she was still weary of their companion, especially since she’d been following them since they entered Suna.
They sat in silence, Tamami dunked her head underwater to get all the dirt and grime out of her hair, coming back up to the surface she sighed.
“I guess I’m worrying you.” Tamami turned to Sakura, Sakura tried to shake her head, but she couldn’t lie.
“I wouldn’t trust me either.” Tamami laughed. Sakura stared into the water.
“I’ll be out of your hair soon, I just need to bathe, get more water then I’m gone.” Tamami smiled.
“It’s not that you’re bad company, we don’t know you that well, it goes against all that we’ve been taught bringing you along here, let alone we brought you here, who knows what you could do.” Sakura mumbled. Tamami nodded.
“Understandable, I just want to say, I don’t harm those unless they harm me first.” Tamami tried to comfort the pink haired girl.
Sakura nodded and walked further into the water.
“Oh well, may as well have fun while you’re here.” She smiled, Tamami tilted her head.
“I noticed you can control you’re chakra like I do.” Sakura explained, Tamami shrugged.
“You have so many different fighting techniques it’s hard to strategize with you, but though it could be you’re down fall.” Sakura continued. “And how you can control those kunai.” Sakura tapped her chin.
“Only those with my mother’s blood can control them.” Tamami explained.
“So if I tried to use them they wouldn’t work.” Sakura raised an eyebrow, Tamami shook her head.
“It’s a birth right I guess.” Tamami added on. Sakura shook her head.
“Eh, screw it, let’s just relax.” She sighed, Sakura still couldn’t get inside her head.

“Ah, Kakashi-sensei.” Naruto groaned as he was pulled away from a small hole in the wall.
“Naruto.” Kakashi sighed, letting the blonde go, sitting back in his corner, Sai laid his head against his folded arms along the edge of the hot springs.
“What are we going to do with her.” Sai asked, Kakashi sighed again.
“We wait and watch, hopefully Sakura has some more information for us.” Naruto frowned.
“I hate how she calls me otouto.” He growled.
“Shut up, baka.” Sai replied. Naruto sulked away.
“Do you think she’d attack?” Sai turned to Kakashi.
“I don’t know, but we be ready for if she does. Sakura told me that she thinks that Tamami is just looking for a home to call her own.” Kakashi shrugged.
“I’m going to see if Gaara is back. Ja ne.” Naruto climbed out, black bruises trailed down his back, Kakashi flinched when seeing them, that girl had power.
“I don’t trust her.” Sai sighed, closing his eyes.
“Just wait and see.” Kakashi did the same.

“Otouto!” Tamami called, running up to Naruto. She slipped, grabbing onto Naruto’s towel, falling face first into the ground.
“Ah! BAKAYAROU!!!” He yelled, covering himself up.
Tamami jumped up, throwing him his towel, bowing over and over again.
“Sumimasen, sumimasen!” She blushed, covering her eyes as Naruto wrapped the towel around himself.
“What!” He snapped at her.
“Naruto-Chan, I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to!” Her face soon went to its normal colour.
“Tamami what!” He snapped again.
“Oh. I wanted to apologise for beating your ass. I feel really bad about it.” She sighed, that enraged Naruto.
“Urusai baka.” He sighed.
“Why do you insult me so otouto.” She pouted.
“You’re annoying.” Naruto huffed, rubbing his head, she was giving him a head ache.
She nodded slowly.
Naruto frowned at her, staring at her dark red hair, now shining from the wash, her pale skin, the pinkness of slight sunburn faded, those blue eyes, paler then his own, he couldn’t help but look down, she was holding her towel together, though her breasts were still almost visible, not as quite big as Hinata’s and not as small as Sakura’s.
His eyes travelled down to her hips, wide, but nice, she was a curvy woman. He looked back at her face, she was frowning, her fists clenched.
“Otouto. Did you have a nice look?” She growled, Naruto’s face drained of colour.
“Ah! Oneesan! I didn’t mean it that way!” He instantly covered his face.
Tamami raised her eye brows.
“You…” She stammered, he frowned at her.
“What?” He gasped. This was getting annoying.
“Look, Tamami I need to get dressed, can we talk later?” Naruto sighed, she only nodded and walked away, to get dressed as well.
Naruto zipped up his jumper, he stretched but winced as his back shot him with pain.
“Damn it.” He sighed. He walked out of the change room, towards the Kazekage’s office. He tapped the door, but it was unheard, he pressed his ear against the wood.
“Damn it Gaara, they brought a stranger with them.” An unfamiliar voice stated.
“But think about it, why would they help bring our Kazekage back from the dead to only destroy us? It doesn’t make sense.” Temari sighed. Gaara frowned, tapping the desk.
“Get us to trust them, then demolish us!” A guard spoke out.
Gaara held his hand up, silencing the two.
“What do you think Naruto.” Gaara called. Naruto gulped as he opened the door.
“I’m sorry.” Naruto rubbed the back of his head as he stepped in, Temari leant against her brother’s desk, the guard staring daggers into Naruto’s head.
The corners of Gaara’s mouth twitched as his face melted into a small smile.
“We only helped her, we found her almost dead in the desert. She said she only needed to stop here for supplies then she’d move on.” Naruto explained, trying not to stare at the guard.
“How can we trust her?” The guard smirked. Naruto shrugged.
“How can we trust you?” Naruto returned the comment, the guard frowned.
“Go back to your duties.” Gaara waved a hand at the guard, he frowned.
“What… But lord Kazekage!” He protested.
“Are you questioning Lord Gaara’s orders?” Temari raised a slender eyebrow at the man, he shook his head and left.
“Naruto, do you trust her.” Gaara turned to his blonde friend. Naruto shrugged.
“Well Temari, keep an eye on her.” Gaara turned to his older sister. She nodded.
“Hai.” She bowed before leaving.
“Now Naruto, we have lots to discuss.” Gaara pointed to the chair, smiling softly, Naruto smiled back.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tamami wondered down the halls, she was amazed how cool it was within the building, she admired paintings and ornaments, before she stopped, spinning around to face the blonde woman from before.
“Oh, hello.” Tamami blinked under Temari’s cold eyes.
“I’m here to escort you to where ever you need to be.” The woman continued to eye off the stranger.
Tamami nodded.
“I’m just admiring the architectural design.” The red head smiled, continuing to look around.
“Hai.” Temari nodded.
“Hara hetta…” Tamami groaned as she rubbed her stomach, the blonde woman glanced at her.
“Stalls are just outside.” Temari lead, Tamami followed.
“I need to find Kakashi first.” Tamami frowned, Temari stopped, impatient, she was going to dislike this job even more.
“Would he still be in the hot springs?” Temari asked, Tamami shrugged.
Like taking care of a child… Temari sighed, holding her head in annoyance. Tamami turned around, wondering which way to go, Temari sighed and grabbed her arm, leading her to the male change rooms.
Temari banged on the door before entering.
Kakashi and Sai were dressed, they were about to leave when Temari stormed in.
“Kakashi, I need my money back.” Tamami frowned, closing her eyes just in case there were other people in here, she’s seen one penis today and she wanted to leave it at that.
Kakashi nodded and pulled out her money handing it to her.
“Thank you.” She turned around, forcing Temari to be dragged along

Tamami leaned back on the stool.
“This place is so.. Wonderful.” She gasped, Temari nodded, she was sitting sipping at her green tea. She tried her best to ignore her, but it was hard when every second she’d open her mouth and talk about the sand, ask her stupid questions, Temari was going to hit Gaara next time she saw him.
“Onaka ippai.” Tamami smiled, Temari nodded again.
“So why, Temari must you follow me around?” Tamami tilted her head, Temari sighed.
“Listen here aho. You haven’t closed that mouth of yours since the moment we left the building, I’m asking, no I’m begging, for you to stay silent for at least five minutes!” Temari snapped, Tamami laughed.
“Look, I’m leaving, I need to move on.” Tamami stood up, paying her bill and walking away, Temari groaned, sculling down the rest of her tea and following the girl close behind.
“Achi itte!” Tamami turned around, walking backwards, staring at Temari, Temari growled.
“I have to tail you around until you leave or until Lord Kazekage tells me to.” Temari kept following.
“Where is this Kazekage! I want to talk to him!” Tamami shouted.
Temari smirked.
“As you wish.” Temari bowed, pulling the girl along

“I want to talk to the bakayarou who decided that I was to be followed around!” Tamami kicked the doors open, Gaara looked up from his desk to the furious red haired girl.
As did the four ninja’s in his office.
“I did.” Gaara leant back into his chair, folding his arms, staring at the girl almost daring her to insult him again, the four ninja’s looked to each other, three children and their sensei. The two girls gulped and stared at each other. The boy looked up at his teacher amazed, who was this girl and why was she insulting their lord.
Temari strolled in, smiling, sitting on her brother’s desk, this will be entertaining. Tamami frowned, eyes narrowing at the red haired male, then to the four, then back to the male.
She tried not to laugh, holding her breathe then sighing out loud, she folded her arms.
“You! How said you can decide on this, without my permission!” She yelled again, Gaara looked to Temari, and then glanced back to Tamami.
“I doubt you’re the one called Kazekage! What type of name is that anyway?” Tamami frowned, Temari slapped her forehead, this was getting hard, Temari had to hold back from laughing.
“Young lady, it will serve you well, to treat the Kazekage with respect.” The teacher ninja frowned.
Tamami shot a crippling glance at the man. She opened her mouth to continue her rant, but Gaara held up his hand.
“Urusai, kono bakayarou!” Gaara snapped, Tamami closed the mouth, the younger students gasped. Gaara nodded to the man, he ushered the children out and closed the doors behind him.
“She’s noisier than Naruto.” Temari informed.
“I could tell.” Gaara replied, he eyed off the strange girl, her face was red with anger.
Tamami held her back straight, keeping an eye on the male behind the desk, his hair was a shade lighter then hers, his teal eyes scanning her, oh how she hate when men did that to her.
“Will you treat me with a little more respect?” Gaara asked. Tamami spat on the ground, he took that as a no.
“So you don’t want Temari to follow you around, well since you’re a stranger to us, it seems understandable, though our custom is to hold rogue ninja and interrogate them, torture if you will, until they spill out why they are here.” Gaara so causally informed her, Tamami gulped, they knew.
“What village are you from young lady?” He asked, raising a non-existent eyebrow.
“I wouldn’t have a clue.” She snarled back. Gaara nodded leaning back once more, his chair creaked, then snapped, causing the all mighty and powerful Kazekage toppling backwards.
“Ah, Oneesan, go fetch me a new chair.” Gaara stood up, rubbing the back of his head. Temari raised an eyebrow at him.
“I just followed this twit for half the day.” She protested, he glared at her.
“Hai-Hai.” She sighed before walking out.
Gaara stood there awkwardly, Tamami watched him as he walked around his desk, leaning on it.
“Where is otouto?” She frowned.
“You brought a sibling?” He tilted his head, she shook hers.
“Naruto-chan.” She stated, Gaara smirked.
“Yes, he told me he didn’t like being called that. They are doing a mission for me, since the village still hasn’t been finished rebuilt and there is a short supply of ninja’s.” He sighed, looking out the window behind him.
“It seems finished to me.” Tamami shrugged, he shook his head.
“ No. You’ve only seen one area.” He sighed once more, but he snapped out of his memories, his failure.
Tamami tried not to stare, she looked around the office.
“You know, I’ve never been to the sand, I’ve only stayed in the snow.” She smiled, picking up a photo frame, there were three people, Temari, Gaara and another male, the other two were smiling, but Gaara was straight faced.
“Not much of a smiler.” Tamami frowned, seeing most photos of him, never one smile.
“No.” He stated. “So, why are you here?” He continued, trying not to stay in the past.
“To get supplies then leave.” She explained again.
“Where will you go?” He asked. Tamami shrugged.
“Back to the snow, I had to leave there for a little while…” She drifted off, that betrayal.
“Why?” He pushed on, like Sakura he failed to get an answer.
“Since you are no threat at the moment, I can set up a room for you, as long as you don’t mind sharing it with someone, since we can’t leave you alone yet.” Gaara offered, Tamami frowned.
“If you have any jobs, I’d be happy to help, since I’m running low on cash.” She tried to pursue.
Gaara frowned.
“That’s right, you don’t trust me yet.” She rolled her eyes, Gaara sighed, and this was going to be a long night.
Chapter end notes: Bakayarou – Dumb Bastard
Che’ busu – Damn super ugly girl
Urusai baka – Shut up idiot
Yatta – I did it, yay or hooray.
Otouto – younger brother
shikata ga nai – no way to avoid it.
Ja ne – extremely informal goodbye.
Sumimasen – sorry, like for being a klutz
Oneesan – older sister
Hara hetta – my stomach is empty
Onaka ippai – I can’t eat anymore
aho – dumb ass
Achi itte – go away!
Urusai, kono bakayarou – shut up you noisy idiot.
Hai – yes (obvious)
Ohayo gozaimasu – Good morning
Dani – useless
Kami – god
Nani wo shiterun desu ka – What are you doing?
Itai – Ouch!
Ikemen – hot guy
Arigatou gozaimasu – thank you very much