TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Reason by Tragedy

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Song Is By Hoobastank
Characters Are By Kishimoto
I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do

Indeed there were many regrets Sakura had in her life. Letting Sasuke rule her childhood stood out like a sore thumb amongst them. Being too stubborn to say good-bye to Tsunadae-taichou was another one. When the old lady got sick, Sakura insisted that she would get better. Everyone, even Naruto, knew that she wouldn’t. And speaking of Naruto…

But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you

You wanna talk about regrets... That was just a disappointment all around, though she couldn’t tell if it was the fact of the matter itself, or the fact that it took something like this to happen for her to see it. In all these years, Naruto had been (consistently) stupid in her eyes for the simple fact that he never saw the way Hinata had looked at him, never knew that her temper went through the roof for him. She knew that a great deal of it was because he was to locked on to Sakura herself but… well, she didn’t KNOW. It had taken her years to realized just how much she had been hurting him, and even longer to realize how, and she was genuinely sorry about it all.

And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

Sakura took in a deep breath, and despite feeling a little guilty about the reason she was wearing a corsage on her left wrist, she raised her right hand to knock politely on Naruto’s dressing room door. There were the sounds of cluttering, Kiba growling something about almost having the baka ready, quite possibly a bag of chips being opened, and Shikamaru muttering how the whole thing was just plain old troublesome.

From somewhere inside the room she heard Naruto call out that he was on his way, and Neji must’ve been near the door because even with his low voice, she could hear him inform the room that it was she at the door. The room suddenly got really quiet and calm, until only Shino’s bugs were heard. After a moment’s pause…

“SHINO PUT THOSE DAMN THINGS AWAY!!”

And then Naruto was opening the door, tie not straightened and neither was his hair, though he seemed to be nervously trying to fix the latter with his hand.

“Ehh.. Yes, Sakura-chan?”

And she couldn’t bring herself to say anything that she had planned to say.

“Hinata-san just hopes that you haven’t gotten cold feet and run away,” she says with a polite, although (clear as day to Naruto) fake smile. Then her face shifted into a make-believe stern one as she wagged her finger “although I doubt Neji-kun would let you get away with it.”

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

At the marriage, Kiba scratched at her heart, smelling her rejection on her, (it made her uncomfortable at first) and expressed his romantic feelings towards the bride, showing how their situations slightly mirrored one another. That made her feel somewhat better. Their one night fling grew into something more eventually, and she resolved that for herself and for Naruto, she would attempt to start over, and do things the right way.

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with every day

But being with Kiba made her think of Naruto more often than she would have liked, for she’d never realized how beastial the fox had made him. Thinking about Naruto, for whatever reason, always led to thinking about the blue of his eyes, which always led to thinking about the times she’d seen them filled with absolute joy.. and the times she’d seen them full of absolute anguish.

And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away

If she analyzed the surrounding situations, she knew, she was involved in more of the latter than she was in the former. That tended to (always) upset her, and so she tried not to think of such things. In the end she decided that she just had to get something off of her chest, and so she made her way to the Uzumaki Estate. Her head filled with all the buzzing’s of Shino’s kikaichu bugs, almost quite literally, she felt like.

Once again taking a deep breath in preparation for knocking on Naruto’s door, she raised her hand and rapt lightly upon the smooth wood of Naruto's front door. A few seconds later showed a disheveled Naruto in the doorway, face a little annoyed and curious at the same time. When he saw her, his eyes lit up and only his smile could compare.

“Ah, Sakura-chan! So you heard too, eh? Hinata’s pregnant!”

He ushered her in, making one of his weird faces while he was at it. She swears she would’ve laughed if she wasn’t in such shock, and almost laughed anyway from the hysteria. She tried to control herself, but couldn’t stay long, and a few minutes later found her racing down the stairs before Naruto could see her tears. He started to give chase but Hinata, maybe sensing her true emotions, held him back, and she was not pursued.

And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

She was never quite sure what she had hoped to accomplish upon her arrival, because although it would’ve really sucked for Hinata, when she tried to prepare herself at the wedding, she had hoped Naruto would sweep her off her feet. Now, now it was too late anyways. Though there were storm clouds in the distance, the day still felt way too nice for Sakura, way too warm. With tear drops too fat to be concealed by the light drizzle, she turned around in the street and yelled at Naruto’s house what she felt. What she hoped he would be able to understand, because he could underneath the underneath, but he couldn’t read plain text.

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new

And the reason is you
And the reason is you
And the reason is you
And the reason is you

Eventually Kiba found her, somewhat damp, clothes sprinkled with dots from where the water left imprints, with the sun setting just beyond the horizon. Wordlessly, he scooped her up and carried her back to his apartment. He hoped she had said whatever it was she had to say to Naruto, hoped that the new day would bring a new her, and that they could finally move on with their lives.

He sat on the edge of his bed, and laid her down, upholding her head until he could slide in beneath it, and then let her cuddle into him. And as he stroked her rain dampened hair, he sang her to sleep:

I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

I've found a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you


Chapter end notes: I Go By The Title Of Tragedy Because Of My Writing Style, Not My Personality. Feel Free To Leave Feedback.