TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


You Found Me by Tragedy

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: For All Intents And Purposes Of The One-Shot, The Narutoverse Hads Telephones. Not Cell Phones, Just Telephones. Oh And The Fray Is A Local Civilian Band In Sunagakure. And Finally, Anything Inside The Brackets [] Are Lyrics.
[I found God on the corner of 1st and Amistad
Where the West was all but won
All alone, smoking his last cigarette
I said, "Where you been?" He said, "Ask anything"]

As Gaara stared across the sand at his father, he realized that there was remarkably little to say to him. All his hidden feelings were all but forgotten. However, seeing his father had brought them up to the surface, and he spoke on them in a short, near non-expressivr way that came out more organized and calm sounding than he felt. He decided that he did not hate him, but did not know if he could forgive him, and therefore did not speak of such things. All the while he was talking, he could hear his favorite song start to play somewhere in the back of his mind.

[Where were you when everything was falling apart?
All my days were spent by the telephone that never rang
And all I needed was a call that never came
To the corner of 1st and Amistad]

[Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me
Lying on the floor surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late, you found me, you found me]

1st and Amistad had been the address of the place where Gaara and his siblings had lived before he had become Kazekage. And when Temari said that they might move again, Kankuro had told him not to fret, "home is where the heart is." And his father who was never there, was now once again a threat to his "home," which Gaara had simply translated into all his precious people.His father had found them, at last, and he was apologising just a little late, as the song had said. And honestly Gaara was glad that his body was being controlled, it kept him from having to make the decision on wheter or not he should kill his father. The sand began to fly.

[But in the end everyone ends up alone
Losing her, the only one who's ever known
Who I am, who I'm not and who I wanna be
No way to know how long she will be next to me]

Gaara had never forgotten his uncle Yashamura; she was his breaking point. When she had died trying to assasinate him, she had drowned his world of black and white with grey spots into a world of nothing but blood and irrationality. She had been the only person who had cared for him, who had loved him. She knew everything about him, including the pain and the fears he had learn to hide from the villagers, not that they ever stuck around long enough to see it anyway. She should have still beeen here, he would never have been so, so...

[Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me
Lying on the floor surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late, you found me, you found me!]

The Chakra infused sand was great in getting Gaara's point across, and as he finally caught and trapped his father, he screamed at him through the grains of his not-quite-gold sand:

[The early morning, the city breaks
And I've been calling for years and years and years and years
And you never left me no messages
You never sent me no letters
You got some kind of nerve taking all I want!]

Gaara was all but losing it. He thought that he must look like his mind was breaking, and maybe it was. He wasn't sure on how to be sure, all he knew was that he was standing, more or less, across the battlefeild from his father, the fourth kazekage. His dad, now trapped and all but defeated was teling him the truth now, behind so many horrible events that had broken Gaara in some ways and made him in others... in all the wrong ways. And his mother, for that's who it was, was still singing to him his favorite song as if to drown out his father's words but really it was only making them echo louder and he just wanted everyone to be quiet.

[Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me
Lying on the floor, where were you? Where were you?]

Her voice, her choice of song, something, all of it, made him realize something though. He was no longer the lost and scared little boy who so desperately need physical pain to ease his aching heart. He had grown to be loved, surrounded in love, the only treatment that would have fixed said heart anyway.

He decided that he would grace his father, a sort of gift. He shared with him his mother's voice, as she finished the song.

[Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me
Lying on the floor surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late, you found me, you found me!]

Tears fell from his father's face as he heard her voice, one last time. In the darkness, he entrusted Gaara with his will.

"Otousan?" Gaara's Voice slipped through. Though everything had been settled and resolved between them between the battle and the confessions, Gaara was wondering if he Could get his last question answered.


[Why'd you have to wait to find me, to find me?]