TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Missed You by SarcasmMethod

[Reviews - 10]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Missed You

Disclaimer: Sorry to say…I don’t own Naruto.

A/N: Wrote this at like 1am, so im tired and sleepy and wanna go to bed and yea. My first shot at a NaruSaku story so hopefully it isn’t too bad. One-shot.

---

The 21 year old sighed as she walked through the empty hallways, ‘Doctor Haruno’ could be seen on her nametag that was on her jacket as she strolled on. It was 1:50AM and Sakura was getting ready to get off. It had been a rough night at the hospital, not only did she have nothing to do most of the night, the only patients she had to deal with were the most needy group she had to deal with in the hospital, not that she didn’t want to help the patients, but it was more of assisting people than it was actual hospital work. Getting people up, helping them go to the bathroom, bringing them food and making sure that recently born babies didn’t stir during the night, along with the fun of checking the medication of every patient and drawer to make sure that nothing had been misplaced or lost.

The constant up and down of the hospital was also getting to her, she went from doing completely nothing for what seemed like hours before finding her face full of patients who needed to be tended to every little issue there could be. She would never blame any patient for having issues more difficult than others, but the constant dead moments which could instantly become a busy hassle was beginning to irritate her, not only that, she had a rowdy group of drunks who caused a mess on one of the floors before checking her out and trying to flirt with her before she got them to leave.

Of course she could thank the short skirts that the nurses now had to wear as part of their outfit for that. All thanks to her best friend who suggested to a drunk Tsunade that purchasing this outfit would be best because it was the most ‘sexy’. Normally Ino would have gotten smacked for a stupid comment about such things but with Tsunade drunk agree’d with Ino’s statement saying how maybe it would get herself some attention. That was the part where Ino left with shivers as she got an image of Tsunade getting picked up by some guy at the hospital. Sometimes she wondered if Tsunade realized how often she got taken advantage of when she was drunk.

She hated getting the night shift though, it always ended up with a dreary night and no morning seeing as she was so exhausted she’d end up sleeping until about noon. Not only that but she had to walk from the hospital to her apartment which was located on the opposite side of Konaha. She always wondered what would happen to her if she had an accident at her home and she needed to be brought to the hospital, knowing that it was a 25 minute or longer walk from her house to the hospital wasn’t very appealing. It was strange that Tsunade would have her watch the hospital during the night though, though it could be because all the other doctors who qualified asked for day shifts so that they could spend the nights with their children. It was so fun being young and single, perfect for being a scapegoat. She had nothing to do during the day now that she had retired from being an on duty ninja and pursued her career at the hospital only to find out that she was only needed at night.

Even though Sakura had retired from her field work, she still worked on her skills when she had the chance. She wasn’t put on missions unless there was no other medic nin was able to go. That barely ever happened though, in the past 4 years in which she decided that the hospital was her career she had only been called on about 10 missions, which were almost all escort missions with her old team as they brought some person to their home, or helped them get some item that was needed back in Konaha. She had the feeling that Naruto was the only reason why she was even called on those missions. Sakura sighed as she finally reached the exit of the hospital and was getting ready to leave, she just had to think of him again…”Naruto” she whispered to herself as she sighed. The real reason why the recent month had been a drag, it had taken her a while to realize how much of her life involved him. Every night she got to that exit she was reminded of him though. For some reason he always had the need to come walk her home, even at 2AM in the morning he would be right outside waiting for her. She wasn’t sure why he always did, he knew she was fully capable of getting home herself. Though she couldn’t complain seeing as some company was nice, sometimes he’d even carry her home when she was too exhausted from the shift and tell her stories of his little adventures during his missions.

Of course if that didn’t catch her attention he’d lift up his shirt or pull up his sleeve to show her a scar and exaggerate about some heroic mission he was on along with how he barely escaped, then right as he got to the climax of the story he’d start laughing and tell her how he just scraped his knee or cut his arm when he wasn’t paying attention and slipped on a tree branch or tripped over something while walking down the street. He was such a goofball. It had been a while since she’d seen him though, he was on a 3 month long mission that he had yet to return from. Everything seemed normal the first week he was gone, but as time went on she felt more and more alone as she spent her days doing the same routine. It surprised her how much of her day involved Naruto, from when he picked her up after work, or when he’d drag her out in the afternoons to get lunch. Sometimes he’d even come on shopping trips with her as she went to go pick up a dress for some special event, or even force him to buy some vegetables to put into his fridge. She had gone shopping with Ino a few times during the time Naruto was gone, but it just wasn’t the same. Naruto always found a way to make their shopping trip a bit exciting seeing as being a man he didn’t really enjoy the gossip talk that her and Ino did. But he’d always find himself in some little situation that would make the shopping trip quite the experience. The first time they went was probably the most entertaining as she found herself laughing at Naruto’s amazement of the fact that restraints would give out free food. He dragged her around town sampling every ‘free sample’ there was, of course around the 3rd one Sakura had to pull him aside and explain to him that a free sample meant he should only grab one of the samples on the tray instead of trying to swallow everything there before any other customers could reach it. When he heard the news his pout was too much for her to handle as he complained about how it was all free so he didn’t see why he couldn’t just take all of it. She giggled a bit and after a minute or two of him pouting she ended the silence as she proposed to him that he could have any free sample that she didn’t want. The rest of the day was spent running around the market trying to find any restaurant that gave out ‘free food’ as Naruto called it. Though without the blonde running around to keep her busy, she found herself without anything to do during the day, often finding herself being at the hospital more to kill time during his absence.

“Ugh…Crap” Sakura whispered as she finally reached the two sliding doors to get outside. She had been so busy thinking about her day that she didn’t realize it was raining out…since when did it rain at 2AM? She sighed and began lifting her jacket over her head, today had been a bad day…

“Hey”

Sakura shrieked a bit as she jumped up from the invading sound. Not only that but she knew whos voice it was, and there was no way that he could be here. She slowly turned her head to find out that it was exactly who she thought it was, causing her to sigh and give him a dazed look. “I can’t believe im hallucinating now…”

“Wait what?” The blond chuckled softly as he heard her questioning herself, she blushed as she realized she said that out loud before he walked over and pulled an umbrella over their heads. “Good thing I came back early from the mission aren’t you? We found the intel a bit faster than we thought we would, you’d be in quite a situation if I weren’t here.”

Her blush slowly receded before she sighed again and let him lead before hopping onto his back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and had him carry her piggy back style before resting her head on his shoulder. “Im tired…” she mumbled as she closed her eyes. He chuckled as he held her with one hand while the other held up the umbrella.

“You’re lucky that I made it back a bit sooner or else you’d have quite the stench to deal with” the blonde chuckled a bit as he pulled her up and began their trek to her apartment. “I showered just before I came so it shouldn’t be too bad”

The only response was a small “Mhm” as she rested her head on his shoulder, perhaps it was just him but she seemed a bit more sluggish than usually. As tired as she usually was during the night shift Sakura would still have a decent conversation with the blonde, sometimes she’d even be more lively than him when she was on his back, looking around and pointing out random late night restraints or signs around town that they passed by as he brought her home. Telling him about how her and Ino had gone into that store once, or how she wished that she could be the lady who was seen on the advertisement one day. He found it funny when he suggested that she was already more beautiful than the women on the advertisements, she actually came to the defense of the women saying how great they looked, and of course how dull she was. He wished she wouldn’t look down on herself so much sometimes. Tonight was rather different though, unlike usual, Sakura was quiet, her head was still resting on his back and he was pretty sure she had her eyes closed, which most likely meant she was already asleep.

“How much have you been working?”

She slowly turned her head and mumbled something that Naruto couldn’t catch. He sighed and adjusted her positioning as his grip was slipping, making her yelp a bit as she was thrown up into the air for a half second before falling back down onto his back and in his grip. “Sorry,” he chuckled a bit as she finally settled back down against him, “so what was that before Sakura-chan?”

“I worked the night shift and a little bit of the day shift today, just like 9 hours or so…I know I seem really tired, it’s because I had to do the same shift yesterday too.”

Naruto tilted his own head back as he looked up at the pouring rain that was just out of their reach thanks to the umbrella, he sighed before speaking, “and the night before that…and the one before that…and from what Tsunade told me earlier you have been working 12 hour shifts, not 9.”

“Wha-What?” She blushed as she put her face against his shoulder, hiding her blush even though she knew he couldn’t see her, “I’ve only been working 9 hour shifts, I swear! How did you hear from Tsunade anyway?”

“Mission report, I had to stop in with her before I came to get you,” he smiled a bit at how startled she was when he told her. “She told me you’ve also been helping tutor some new nurses at the hospital and showing them how everything works. That counts as working Sakura-chan.”

Sakura fell silent as the blonde continued carrying her home. She was just glad they were over half way there now as she let her head hang in defeat and closed her eyes as she felt even more exhausted after her little outburst.

The silence finally broke when they nearly reached the young doctor’s home, Naruto finally broke the silence as they came to a stop light, “Sakura…if you wouldn’t mind, would you want to go out tomorrow night? Just you and me?” he blushed a bit as he spoke, Sakura chuckled as she pictured him pulling his hand up to scratch his head again as he usually did when he was nervous, this time was different as she was behind him though.

That set aside, she still blushed a bit as she was surprised he had asked her, usually she would have said that she was busy at the hospital, which she was the next day, but today was…a bit different. After the whole month without the blond, it felt like she was beginning to feel a bit more attached to the blonde than she had been a month ago. Luckily she had a way out of this before she had to think about it any longer, “I would love to Naruto but, I have to work tomorrow night again” She let a sigh escape her lips as she felt the nervous tension fade away while they made their way to her apartment.

“Actually…I talked tsunade into giving you the next few days off” He chuckled a bit as he wasn’t sure whether that would upset his former teammate, or make her joyful. “I would love to” She whispered. He was a bit surprised as he was used to Sakura being a bit vicious when it came to him doing her favors, or at least back when they were younger and she would still smack him around when she felt that he was doing too much for her. After a few seconds of reminiscing it occurred to Naruto that his pink haired passenger was now asleep on his shoulder. He finally reached her apartment bent down before putting some chakra into the crack of the wall that Sakura covered with a simple genjutsu before pulling out her hidden key and opening the door. He had to suppress his cheer of happiness as he didn’t want to wake her.

When he got inside, he was a bit surprised to find Sakura’s place was actually a bit messy, not as bad as his own but still, she wasn’t one to let anything get by her as she always preached to him about his hygiene. Not that he ever let it go but his own apartment was a bit messy and littered with a few ramen cups here and there. He was a bit surprised to see her letting herself slip up with housework that much, but seeing how exhausted she was when he brought her home he could see why she might not have had the time to clean anything up. He finally made his way to her bedroom before setting her down, but just as he heard her body reach the bed, he heard her turn up before reaching her hands around his upper body and wrapping around him as she rested her head on his back again. It was probably one of the biggest suprises tha had come to either of them, Sakura began blushing fiercely after she realized what she had just did while Naruto sat there also a bit confused as she pressed herself up against his back. There was a small silence before Sakura backed off, whispering a small “sorry! I don’t know what got into me” before rolling onto her bed. She hid her still tinted cheeks under her blankets and in her pillow as the blond sat at the edge of her bed with a blank face. He wasn’t sure what to do as he sat there, trying to decide whether to get up and leave or turn around and ask her what had just happened. Before he could make a decision he felt her hand run over his own that was resting on the edge of the bed. She quickly laced it before she pulled herself to sit next to him. “Naruto…”she whispered softly as she rested her head on his shoulder, this time as they sat side by side, and he felt her gently beginning to pull him with her as both their heads landed on the soft mattress. “I missed you” she whispered, this time the words barely escaped her lips as he could feel the blood rushing to both their cheeks. He rested his chin atop her head before closing his eyes and whispering back “I missed you too.”

---

A/N: Well…that’s it. I would write more but, im tired and lazy. And hungry, but that didn’t really affect whether or not I decided to write more.