TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Unexpected Ending by Syrun

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 1: Back Home

They were taking him back to Konohagakure. Sakura, who was crying all over the place, carried him by his right arm, Naruto on the other side. He was trying to soothe Sakura, but failing, cause he couldn't calm himself after all that. Gaara defeated Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura couldn't be happier, but at the same time scared, and hurt. For Sasuke they were no one, just a burden, and now they were dragging him back to Konoha.

"Sakura," Naruto kept saying, "please calm down, everything is okay. We have Sasuke with us, everything will be alright. I'm thinking whether to keep going or wait for you to calm d-" he stopped suddenly catching her expression. "Well then try to calm down if you want me to keep going, please, it hurts me to see you like that."

There he said it, he said those words… Making her remember, again, how much he loves her. Deciding she wouldn't hurt him more than she already has, she tried to calm down by breathing slowly, and it worked. The sobbing stopped, kind of.

"What is bothering you? I thought you would be jumping around and laughing like maniac when this day came." He asked her, looking at her face over Sasuke's head.

"It's just that… I don't know if… he …will survive this. . . ." she said between big breaths.

"Oh, so that's what worries you. . . He will Sakura, he's an Uchiha. It's in his blood." He said, looking away. "Anyway, were already here, look!"

From in between the trees, the lights of Konoha shined beautifully, they could hear the chatter of the people, the sounds of home. They smiled at this, they were finally home. They hurried through the gates and ran, carefully, to the main temporary hospital, since Konohagakure is still rebuilding from the Pein attack. Shizune attended quickly to work, after almost dying of shock at what she saw. Sakura had to stay for two days to restore her loss of blood, but of course, she didn't leave the hospital, she was watching over her dear Sasuke and Tsunade (how was still in comma) sometimes. Naruto came now and then, didn't stay too long because most of the time she was crying because Sasuke showed no progress, and he couldn't stand that. Once he made her get a grip of herself by making her remember how much she has already hurt him and how much more she keeps doing it by crying. He was starting to like this ability to control her. Sasuke was already on his almost-wake-up stage. Both Naruto and Sakura were scared to death, not wanting to think how they'll deal with him once he wakes up and tries to make them pieces.

Sakura decided to give Sasuke one last glance –for the hour- and headed out to get some fresh air. Konoha was looking good; half of it was already rebuilt. She saw Sai carrying some wood somewhere and waved at him, he smiled back at her. And then she noticed who he was walking with: Ino. . . . "Great, another couple." she said under her breath, maybe they are going out…no. He has no feelings.

Ichiraku Street was shinning. She walked past the almost rebuilt Ichiraku Ramen shop, she saw Naruto there, as always, eating a big bowl of ramen. How can he be there eating in mid building? He's impossible. She tried to walk past before he saw her, but too late:

"Sakura-chan!" he said happily, running towards her, ramen bowl in hand.

"What is it Naruto?" She said kind of annoyed.

"Nothing, just to ask, how's Sasuke doing?" he said innocently. He put such a pretty face she couldn't suppress her smile.

"He's alright. I assume he's going to wake up today. " She said still smiling. " I was thinking, what are we going to do once he wakes up and tries to make us dust?"

"Hmm, good question. Well you can paralyze him, you know, to oblige him to listen to us and then see what happens." He said.

"Actually, that's kind of a good idea. We should try. But still, we'll need support. I'll go look for Kakashi Sensei to see if he would come. Just in case." She said and head off once Naruto noded.

They arrived at the fight place. Both were looking with worried expressions at the traces and huge puddles of blood the five Kages and Eagle group had left. The path of destruction looked intimidating.

"The Kages put up a good fight, didn't they? So, what exactly happened here?" Asked Madara.

"The five Kages fought against Sasuke, the Kazekage beat him, and then Nine-Tails Jinchuriki arrived later as well. Sasuke couldn't cope with all that." Said Zetsu, shaking his head in disapproval.

"So it looks like poor Sasuke wasn't strong enough for the six of them. Haha."

"Madara, don't pick it up on him. It was six against one. There was no way he could win. He used a lot of techniques. He used Amaterasu, and Susanno as well, therefore he was left without chakra." Setzu told Madara.

"Do you think he could possibly be alive?" Madara asked.

"I think he is. Jinchuriki took him with him, so he must be. Shall we go finish the job?" Asked Zetsu.

"I say we should. He's not useful to us if after all of what he did he's still weak." said Madara, looking down at a huge puddle of blood.

Sasuke didn't wake up when planned. Sakura and Naruto stayed in the hospital to watch over. They were deeply asleep, Sakura laying on the floor besides Sasuke's bed, Naruto on her side. Sasuke twitched once, twice. His eyes opened. He was disoriented. He didn't know were he was. He raised his head and looked around. He saw Naruto and Sakura sleeping on the floor and stood up. He realized then that every inch of his body hurt. He couldn't remember much of his fight with Gaara, couldn't remember when Naruto took him. He remembered well the blow Naruto gave him with Rasengan. He was so full of rage. He wanted to kill Naruto so badly. . . . -Chidori- Then he suddenly heard a sound from outside.

"Who's there?" he asked in a menacing voice, looking around.

"Shh, it's me." Said Madara quietly. "Now get that thing away from me." he said, pointing at the chakra lightning, "I need you to relax, we're taking you out of here, and you are having a chance against your friend the Jinchuriki, but wait."

"He's not my friend." Said Sasuke, clearly mad. He heard Madara chuckle quietly in the dark.

"May I know what are you waiting for, Sasuke?" Asked Zetsu, suddenly appearing from under the ground.

And the chaos began. Sasuke sent Chidori streams all over the place. He hit Naruto, who rose up to protect Sakura from the streams, receiving all the harm himself. One, two, three streams hit Naruto straight in the chest, blood pouring everywhere, lightning hitting the floor, the walls. . . .

"I'm all right, just get cover!" he screamed at Sakura, who hesitated, but after looking at his eyes ran to get some shelter, pulling him with her, Naruto made a seal and 3 clones appeared from thin air.

Once they were hidden behind some trees, Sakura rapidly formed a seal, the blue aura formed around her hands, and started curing Naruto's largest wounds.

"How could we be so careless." She muttered to Naruto, desperate. "What are we going to do now?"

"Sakura leave that for later," said Naruto trying to stop her from curing him, but he saw her expression and new that he'd better leave her do what she wanted. "We'll have to fight him. I have an idea."