Simple Rivalry by Squeakyai
Summary: Sasuke and Naruto have been fighting a lot lately. At first it was dismissed as simple rivalry. But when their fighting nearly jeopardizes a mission: Kakashi decides to take matters into his own hands.
Categories: Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance > Warned (Shonen-ai/Yaoi), Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance > Top Pairings > Sasuke and Naruto Characters: Kakashi Hatake, Pair SasuNaru
Genres: Graphic lemon, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Yaoi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 3908 Read: 14225 Published: 07/04/10 Updated: 07/04/10

1. Chapter 1 by Squeakyai

2. Chapter 2 by Squeakyai

3. Chapter 3 by Squeakyai

4. Chapter 4 by Squeakyai

5. Chapter 5 by Squeakyai

Chapter 1 by Squeakyai
Author's Notes:
Chapter 1
“hey teme”
“Teme”
“TEME!!!!!!”
“SHUT UP DOBE!”
At this point Naruto was currently flailing and screaming in a very aggravated Uchiha’s ears (despite the earlier threats against it). The Uchiha’s stoic expression, wavered as an infuriating wire copied his teammate’s every erratic move, rubbing in the annoying truth as it flew viciously in and out of his peripheral vision.
“Make me!”
Sasuke’s I-don’t-care attitude finally snapped. His vision became obstructed by a layer of red and a small malevolent smile began to form on his lips as he glared into the blond boy’s, now slightly frightened eyes.
“uhh, Sasuke?” Naruto said hesitantly as he attempted to get as far away from Sasuke as possible. Unfortunately, he had no such luck considering they were bound by a chakra infused wire. The slight tug on his wrist from the wire only made his glare wilder. “uhh, Sasuke? I don’t like the look you’re giving me.”
Naruto watched in fear as the evil smirk slowly inched across his face. He was so transfixed on the raven haired boy’s face that and audible gasp escaped his lips when he realized he just backed himself into a tree in his fruitless attempt at escaping.
This only triggered Sasuke’s smirk to intensify.
“What was that?” Sasuke purred maliciously. “You want me to ‘make you stop’?”
Naruto gulped and his breathing picked up slightly. It wasn’t the smirk that got him. It was that look in his eyes. He’s seen that look before and new that this would not end well for him.
“That’s enough boys.” Drawled a lazy voice.
Naruto let out the breath he wasn’t aware that he was holding. “Kakashi!” Naruto exclaimed, relieved being an understatement.
Shooting one last glare Naruto’s way, Sasuke settled with an ‘hn’ and only imagined all the fun ways he would have tortured the blond.
“Ka-ka-sh-i.” Sakura whined. “Your idea obviouslyisn’t working. All you’re doing is torturing Sasuke for something that wasn’t even his fault.”
“HEY. Sak-ur-a. What about me?” Naruto protested. “It’s all Teme’s fault! Why are you always defending him!?!”
“Ok, all of you settle down.” Kakashi said sternly.
“But Ka-ka-shi! They’re fighting more than they normally do! And how do you expect me to get some alone time with Sasuke if is tied to Naruto!”
“Sakura. I understand where you’re coming from. But this is only the second day. My plan won’t work overnight. Just trust me.”
Sasuke stiffened at the memory. Last night was hell. Why Kakashi believed tying him and Naruto together would stop them from fighting, he couldn’t begin to fathom: Something about teamwork and working together. But they could learn that in training.
“I still say it’s all Sasuke’s fault. Stupid teme, PMSing…” Naruto grumbled to himself.
“You know I can hear you. Your right next to me baka.” Sasuke muttered harshly. Getting a tongue spit at him in response.
“Yah right teme! It’s not my fault you’ve been PMSing on me lately! Seriously! One minute you’re all calm and crap then the next thing I know you’re yelling at me for no reason. And then there’s this look. What’s up with it?” Naruto was about to continue rambling on about Sasuke’s random mood swings when he felt a fist impact with his lower jaw.
Not the brightest move on Sasuke’s part, considering they’re connected and all. The force of the punch sent Naruto flying onto his back, yanking a pissed Uchiha with him.
“Sasuke!” Sakura screeched, darting forward with the goal of ‘saving’ Sasuke. But she found herself stopping when she noticed the position the two teens were in.
Neither made an attempt to move. Too shocked to say anything at first; they just shared breaths, both adorning a light blush at the close proximity. Sasuke was currently straddling a dumbfounded Naruto (their faces mere centimeters apart) as Naruto stared in awe at the sight in front of him: Sasuke’s dark hair was disheveled and hung down around his face, bringing out his equally dark eyes. Naruto couldn’t break his stare at Sasuke’s eyes. They were filled with surprise; only, they had that stupid look again. Yet that look seemed to complete the angelic image before him. Then it clicked. Uchiha Sasuke was on top of him.
His eyes widened further and his blush darkened. “WHAT THE HELL SASUKE!” he screamed.
‘Well there went that’. Sasuke thought sarcastically to himself. It was a shame it ended so soon. He plastered on bored mask as they both go back on their feet. Well, attempted at least. They kept falling down due to both Naruto’s klutziness and that blasted wire. ‘Curse you Kakashi.’
When they finally righted themselves and dusted off, they were met with an awkward silence.
“How are we supposed to train if I’m tied to Naruto?" Sasuke said matter-of-factly, breaking the short-lived silence.
“I have some ideas in mind.” ‘This should be fun.’ Kakashi mused happily to himself.
Chapter 2 by Squeakyai
Author's Notes:
Chapter 2
"Naruto get your elbow out of my eye!!”
“Why don’t you get your eye out of my elbow!?"
Sasuke sent a dark unseen glare in the other boy’s direction. “That doesn’t even deserve a response.”
“It’s your fault teme!” Naruto reproached.
“How is this my fault.” he all but growled in response.
“ ’Cause teme; every time you get the stupid look in your eyes something bad happens. Aka: this is your fault”
“You seem awfully smug for someone who can’t even come up with a valid reason.”
“I did to-o come up with a ‘valid reason’!” Naruto practically whined. “That look nearly jeopardized our last mission, it caused us to lose to Sakura once already, and now it’s the reason I’m stuck in this damn small and cramped spot with your pompous ass!!!!”
“Shush dobe!!” Sasuke yelled in a hushed tone. “she’ll find us!”
“How could I not?”
“Crap!” they both simultaneously yelled as they jumped out of there hiding spot and prepared to attack.
Sakura giggled at their mortified expressions.
‘This is bad, she’s not attacking. Just what is she planning?’
Sasuke’s thoughts were answered as a series of traps were set off by their hasty exit.
Two minutes of dodging later Naruto was hanging upside down from a tree. Sasuke sat underneath, arm still attached to Naruto’s, dejected and defeated.
Kakashi jumped out of a nearby tree where he was supposedly watching his students. He finally took his eyes off his book to survey the situation, his disinterested expression never deficient as he slipped the orange book into his pocket.
The training field was littered with various weapons and the debris from exploded objects. Sasuke was helplessly stuck to the tree by a vast assortment of weapons. The boy above him thrashing and screaming was the obvious reason Sasuke was unable to free himself. ‘They’ve yet to learn a thing’
“Sakura wins. You two were again two busy quarrelling to try to work together as a team.” He stated. “Go home. Practice is at the same time tomorrow, and I expect that you at least try to get your acts together. The sooner you do, the sooner I’ll free you.” With that he disappeared in a twirl of leaves, leaving the boys to de-trap themselves on their own.
“Bye Sasuke! See you tomorrow!” Sakura squealed happily before running off.
“Wait! Sakura! Aren’t you going to help us!?” Naruto yelled flailing about hysterically.
“Calm down baka.” Sasuke ordered as he pulled out some of the weapons holding his clothes to the tree.
“But te-me! All the blood is rushing to my brain!”
“Then stop moving so I can free us.” Sasuke snarled.
The blond begrudgingly complied, pouting as Sasuke got up to untie him.
He climbed up the tree and cut the wire holding Naruto up. This was again, a bad move on Sasuke’s part. As soon as he cut it, Naruto when whirling towards the ground dragging a piqued Sasuke with him.
“dobe” he muttered when the dust finally settled.
They were, again, in an awkward position and Sasuke was simply too peeved by everything to feel anything other than annoyance towards the blond.
He lifted his head up to view the perplexed boy on top of him before sighing in defeat and flinging his head back down; too exasperated to do anything.
Their limbs were tangled up along with the wire connecting them. ‘Yep, this is going to suck’ Sasuke thought forebodingly.
After a somewhat long silence both teens regained their bearings.
“So, um, Sasuke…what do you think we should do?”
“Hn?”
“Eh, hehe, what I mean is: what do we need to do to get out of this without torturing ourselves even more.”
Sasuke looked up at Naruto. He was truly mystified by Naruto’s change in nature. “Why are you asking me?”
This statement caused Naruto’s expression to change from blushing to being ticked. “ ’Cause I thought you’d know teme. Guess I was wrong for trying to work together with you.” He snapped.
This threw the Uchiha even more through a loop. “Hn, sorry.” He muttered. “We could start by you detangling yourself from me.”
“uhh, right.” ‘Did the ice princes just apologize?’ “Now what?”
“If we try to stand up this way we’ll nock each other over. We need to use each other as a counter weight so we can get up without hitting each other.”
Naruto nodded in response. “ok, go.”
‘We’re up’ Naruto blinked a few times before laughing and putting on his trademark grin “well that was surprisingly painless.”
“Says you. I landed on a rock. Not an Uchiha.”
Naruto’s grin brightened “I knew you had a funny bone in ya!” he cheered patting the begrudged teen on the back. “Anyways, you know what I meant.”
“Hn. Let’s just go. I need a shower.”
Chapter 3 by Squeakyai
“No”

“Please?”

“No”

“Maybe?”

“Just shut up dobe, and let me read. No, I am not stopping what I am doing just because you can’t sit still for more than two minutes.” With that Sasuke returned to his reading successfully ignoring the puppy dog eyes directed at him.

Minutes later Naruto gave up on his failed attempt to sway the Uchiha and settled for other means of entertainment.

“Sooo, whatcha’ readin’?” he asked leaning over in an attempt to see for himself.

Sasuke snapped his book shut to shield it from the probing blue eyes. “Fine. Then you’re leaving me alone to read. Got it?”

“Yay teme!” Naruto cheered, quite literally dragging Sasuke into the kitchen.

“Uhhh. Were’s the ramen?” Naruto asked sheepishly realizing he didn’t even ask if the raven even had ramen. ‘Well of course he does. Who doesn’t have ramen?’

“Dobe” he muttered as he opened up the pantry to the left of the hyperactive boy to reveal any flavor you could possibly dream of.

Naruto literally drooled at the heavenly sight and one full stomach later, found himself once again pestering Sasuke.

“Whatcha’ reading?” he asked calmly. Though it was clear that if he didn’t get an answer he would be more than willing to take more drastic measures. (If the sparkle of mischief in his eyes was anything to go by)

“hn.” Sasuke sighed defeated. If it was so important to know that ramen didn’t get him to forget; there was no hope that the blond would relent. “Why do you want to know so badly?”
“ ‘Cause. You seem really interested in it, and what people read tells a lot about them.”

‘that actually made sense’ Sasuke blinked. He was not expecting that. Not from someone so...so oblivious. “Uhh, I rather you not know. For your reasoning exactly.”

“Eh? That makes no sense!”

‘That’s more like the Naruto I know.’ “Think about it then get back to me when you come up with something.” Sasuke had to admit, he was really interested in what Naruto would say next. But was surprised when the blond actually listened to him and sat quietly for a good five minutes pondering his words.

“Ok, I’m thinking that you don’t want me to know what you’re reading because I was right and it reveals more bout you than you’re willing to let people know.” Naruto analyzed Sasuke’s reaction, verifying if what he said was correct, before continuing. “But there’s more to it. Something that involves me specifically. What it is: I have no clue.”
Sasuke tried to hide his shock but failed miserably. Only to be brought back to his senses by the smug look on Naruto’s face.

“I know I’m correct so you don’t need to go through the trouble of telling me so. Last thing I need is for you to hemridge from such an excruciating process.” Naruto grinned wildly at his victory and at his joke. “ ‘sides, now I’m just even more curious as to what you could possibly need to hide from me.” Naruto grinned wildly. He was in control of the situation and they both knew it. “So are you going to tell me or am I going to be forced to take more drastic measures?”

‘Crap. I need to think. And quick’ Sasuke managed to regain composure and smirked to cover up his nervousness. “How bout we make this interesting.” He paused long enough to make sure he had the blond’s attention before continuing. Also taking the time to figure out what exactly he was getting at. “Play a game, maybe a spar? You win: you get to examine my book. I win: you leave me alone when I read.”

Naruto debated this. This could work to his advantage. And he had the perfect game in mind…
Chapter 4 by Squeakyai
Author's Notes:
Chapter 4
“You’ve got to be kidding me. I’m not playing that.”

“Aww come on Sasuke. It’ll be fun!”

Sasuke was calm as he glared at the teen attached to him with even more ferocity. But on the inside he was caught between a rock and a hard place. Part of him was coming up with all the logical reasons why it would be a bad idea. The other part of him was only thinking of how fun it would be to have the teen strip in front of him. As I said: rock and a ‘hard place’. “Exactly what part of thatcounts as ‘fun’?” luckily for Sasuke his logical side was currently in charge.

“Oh that’s right, I forgot that your type of fun involves sitting around all day saying ‘hn’ and glaring at people.” Naruto retorted sardonically.

“hn.” Sasuke replied with a smirk. “Pick another game.”

“No! Tell me why you won’t play!” Naruto demanded. “And don’t say ‘because it’s not fun’. You and I both know that’s a dumb excuse.” Naruto’s stern expression changed to a manipulative smirk as he thought of something that could put him in control of the argument. “Unless you’re too scared to. That could be why you won’t tell me your actual excuse. ‘Cause, seriously, we both know that ‘it’s not fun’ is too lame of a reason to stop you from doing something. Admit it; you’re scared of the challenge. It’s understandable, after all, it would be very undignified if you lose. Not only for the simple fact that youUchiha Sasuke, lost to me Uzumaki Naruto. But because you’d be but naked along with it!” Naruto beamed, proud of his little speech.

“Baka, you just want to see me naked.” Both of them were shocked by the unexpected response. ‘Where the crap did that come from?’
Naruto’s face grew red and his mouth opened and closed as he tried to find a reply. After a wile of gaping is brain came up with a response. “You sure you don’t what to see me naked?” He retorted.

“Baka, you’re the one insisting on this game and I’m the one saying it’s stupid and in no way fun. How you pieced that together as me wanting to see you naked is beyond me.

“Well, it’s the same as the theory that defensive people are people that have something to hide.”
“Ok, then why are you insisting that we play this game so badly?”

“ ‘Cause it’s fun!” The blond grinned. “Both the game and arguing with you!”

“Think of something else. I will not lower myself to that level.”

“Sheesh, it’s just strip poker.” Naruto muttered mulling over other games but couldn’t find one that worked for him. “I got nothing; you?”

Suddenly his eyes lit up as an idea presented itself to him. “Let’s spar!”

“Dobe, did you forget that we're tied together? That only gives us around a foot of space between us.”

“So! That makes it all the more fun!”

Sasuke stared incredulously at the grinning blond boy before him.

“That is, unless you’re scared that you can’t beat me in up-close combat!”

Sasuke sent Naruto a sharp glare for playing that card again while mentally kicking himself for letting it work. “Fine. But we’re only using taijutsu, and the person who manages to successfully pin the other wins.

"You’re on teme!" without any warning Naruto darted off towards the training grounds, once again dragging Sasuke behind him.

He had to agree with Naruto: This was proving to be a challenge and he was actually enjoying it. He was currently blocking a rapid progression of punches jabs kicks and so on. Panting heavily he tried to keep up with Naruto’s seemingly limitless amount energy. There was no way to jump a way for a break and no time to be strategic; the winner was simply whoever was quickest. 'I need to think of something. I can’t last forever and Naruto isn't slowing down at all.'

A plan quickly formed in his mind. It had a 79 percent chance of working but it would have to do. Not wasting anytime, Sasuke maneuvered them untill Naruto was in the perfect spot. His eyes glinted with victory causing Naruto’s actions to pause in surprise and fear. He didn’t pause long but it was all the time Sasuke needed.

Naruto’s eyes widened and in a flash he found his back pressed firmly to a tree; sandwiched between it and the smug raven haired teen. He went to move his hands, gasping when he realized they were held to the tree by the wire connecting them and the pail hand it was attached to.

Sasuke’s smirk grew along with his smugness.

‘Get in control of yourself, you haven tone yet.’ He told himself. And he hadn’t: The blond teen could easily escape.

He still needed to psyche him out.

Sasuke leaned in, breathing in his ear causing him to squirm and his breathing to increase. “It looks like I won.” He stated his voice husky. pausing before adding what would put him in control: “I kind of like this position.”

“Wah! S-sasuke?” the blond stammered. His face was red and disbelief clouded his eyes.

Sasuke let out a low sinister chuckle. “What do you think Naruto?” he asked practically purring the other boy’s name.

“Think about what?” He was obviously out of it.

“What do you think about this position?” he elaborated, softly grinding his hips against the blond’s to make it clear what he meant.

Naruto let out a small surprised squeak, provoking another sinister laugh from Sasuke.

Deciding to push his luck; Sasuke trailed butterfly kisses up Naruto’s neck up to his ear. “Are you going to answer my question?”

“N-no”

Sasuke analyzed Naruto’s face, surprised to find that lust now clouded his eyes rather than confusion.

This was enough to make Sasuke crack.

He crashed lips against Naruto’s causing a startled sound to emerge from the teen’s lips. Sasuke wasted no time in slipping his tongue into Naruto’s now opened mouth. His free hand slipped beneath the clothing on Naruto’s hips causing another shocked squeak. Naruto tried unsuccessfully to wiggle his way out of the raven’s grasp, but his efforts only caused Sasuke to press harder.

“Sasuke…”he moaned as Sasuke’s mouth skillfully licked over Naruto’s collarbone.

An equally skilled hand roamed up Naruto’s chest teasing Naruto into another moan.

Naruto once again tried to push away. “Not here” he breathed.

“Why not?” Sasuke asked not really caring as his hand worked to undo Naruto’s pants. He was simply wearing way too much cloths for Sasuke’s taste.

“We’re going to get caught.” He replied sternly.

“All the more fun.” He cooed sadistically.

He trapped Naruto’s lips in another passionate kiss that was this time reciprocated.

Naruto grunted into the kiss, freeing his hands and entangling them into his hair.

“That’s more like it.” Sasuke smirked.
End Notes:
sorry, I’m not very good at fight scenes so I skipped over it.
Chapter 5 by Squeakyai
Author's Notes:
Chapter 5
It was 6:00 pm and Sakura was waiting impatiently for her teammates to arrive. ‘They were supposed to be here at 5:30…’

There was a poof of smoke as Kakashi appeared before Sakura. “Yo. Today-where’s Sasuke and Naruto?”

“I don’t know!” she practically screamed. “Sasuke’s never late! Naruto must have done something to him!”

“Naruto’s definitely done something to him.”
“Wait. What?” she asked confused that he had agreed with her.

He nodded down the road to his left. Following his gaze and she turned to see her teammates walking towards them. Her mouth involuntarily fell open at the site.

By this time the two boys had reached their team. Sakura couldn’t speak.

Their hair was a mess and she couldn’t rip her eyes away from the numerous hickeys adorning both boys skin. Naruto’s arm was thrown carelessly across Sasuke’s neck, revealing a bruised patch of skin on his hip as Sasuke gladly supported the boy’s wait.
Then she saw it.

“Naruto, please remove your hand from Sasuke’s but.” Kakashi ordered just as Sakura and fainted, a thin trail oof blood running from her nose as she lay prone on the ground.

“hn.” He replied, moving his hand to Naruto’s hip.
“Does she need to go to the hospital?” Naruto asked in a worried tone.

“No she’ll come around soon.” Kakashi replied. “We might as well begin training.” He glanced warily at the two boys. “Do you know how to work together now?”

Sasuke smirked, his eyes glinting mischievously “Depends, are you talking about training or sex. Cause if you’re-“

He was cut off by Kakashi. “No need to continue Sasuke. I’ll just untie you two.”

His expression turned triumphant as he turned to walk towards the training field. He caught sight of Naruto’s embarrassed expression and decided he needed to be messed with as well.

“Oh, and Kakashi: I’m going to need to borrow that book a little longer, Naruto just so happened to find out that he enjoys yaoi as well.” He didn’t even bother glancing back at Kakashi. He didn’t need to.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=9948