NaruXHina by Sorca5
Summary: This is the first time I've responded to a challenge. This story trails Naruto's life while falling in love with the young Hyuuga kunoichi all the way to....well I don't want to give anything away. But if you know how to find out what I'm going to write, go ahead.
Categories: General Fiction, Het Romance > Top Six Pairs, Het Romance > Top Six Pairs > Naruto and Hinata Characters: Hinata Hyuuga
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: NaruXHina,
Challenges: NaruXHina,
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 6043 Read: 21660 Published: 20/07/07 Updated: 28/09/07

1. Love at first sight by Sorca5

2. How to say I love you by Sorca5

3. Chapter 3 by Sorca5

Love at first sight by Sorca5
Author's Notes:
I am going to go through so much pain when I begin my next story. I will not be able to update as often. But I do hope this story will be as read as my others.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
NaruXHina
Love at first sight


Part 1:Opal eyes

Naruto was staring into the bushes. He knew for a while that someone was staring at him, watching him train. Or at least, they thought they were. But he had just ignored them, thinking they would either go away or attack him, as was usually the case with onlookers around him. He wantec to ignore them, but his curiosity was to great. His bunshin had continued to attack the stump in the clearing, while glancing back at the bush every now and again. There would always be a small rustling, but he didn't confront the person looking at him. Not yet. While the bunshin kept the them busy Naruto circled around until he was exactly behind the bush.

He was going to surpprise whoever it was. Although he couldn't see who it was, he knew they wuld be surprised. His bunshin was about to throw a final kunai at the stump when Naruto made it dissapear. He held back a laugh when the bush shook with fright. He saw a five fingers and a wrist come out of the bush. They were shaking so much. The hand looked.....delicate, fragile, and pale. Naruto knew that now was his chance to really spook the stalker. Quick as a flash, he reached out and grabbed the wrist.

''Gotcha!" Naruto felt the wrist give a big shake, then go very still. That's when he saw them. The eyes. He couldn't see her hair, couldn't see her clothes, couldn't even see her face. But he saw her eyes. Two opal eyes stared at him. They were pupilless, unlike any eyes he had ever seen, and if he was any younger, staring at those eyes in the dark may have creeped him out. But he was twelve now, and to him they were the most beautiful eyes in the world.

''Your eyes are pretty,'' Whispered a voice that was foreign to Naruto. It took him a moment to realize the voice was his own. There was something stirring inside Naruto as he continued to hold her wrist. His arm slipped, and he was holding her hand. He could tell she was a girl because.....he couldn't tell how he knew, but he just did. Maybe it was her delicate arm.....that was slipping out of his grasp!? The eyes were going farther and farther away from him. ''Wait, where are you going?'' He watched as the eyes dissapeared into the clearing. ''I'll catch her there.''

He jumped into the clearing, but no one was there. He searched nearby clearings, but nothing. He was so captivated by what he saw, he hadn't thought to use bunshins. By the time it was nightfall he had searched almost the entire forest......and found nothing.

He began the long lonely walk towards his small apartment. ''Who was that girl? Why do her eyes look so familiar?'' He took the stairs to his apartment. He ate, he showered, but he couldn't get this girl out of his head. Why was he thinking about her so much? She was just another girl. He didn't even know her name. He never thought about Sakura this much. What was going on? He put on his frog hat and went to sleep. All through the night his dreams were filled with Opal eyes in a hidden forest.


Part 2:Meeting Hinata

Naruto was heading towards the academy. Today was the day he would go on his first C-rank mission to the land of waves. He had everything in his pack that he needed. It was three days since he had seen the girl in the forest. Since then, he had almost completely forgotten about her. She was at the back of his mind, until.....

''Woah." That's when he saw her. She was all he was focused on. He hadn't noticed her indigo hair before, but he was looking at it now. He hadn't seen her pale face before, but he certaintly noticed now. He noticed everything else about her before he noticed her eyes. Pupilless opal eyes. Before he knew what he was doing his feet were taking him closer to the shy girl.

Hinata was facing Naruto, admiring him from afar as she usually did. What happened in the forest really scared her. He had almost found out who she was. A part of her really wanted him to, because a part of her thought Naruto would love her back. But she knew Naruto would never accept her. He didn't even know her name. There was no way he would even want to know her name. Hinata was pulled back from her mind when she realized Naruto was looking right at her. And he was smiling too! She froze when he began walking forward, straight towards her.

''Hey, what's your name?'' He asked when he was about a foot away from her.

''I...m-my n-name? I'm...I'm...H-H....I'm....Hyuug-ga Hi-Hinata.'' She blushed. Naruto wanted to know her name? Her? The shy girl he doesn't even know? Hinata was unable to move. This was the closest they had ever been. Well, second closest actually.

''Hyuuga Hinata? I think I saw you in the woods a few days ago. Hiding in the bushes, watching me train?'' Hinata was in shock. How did he know it was her? Her eyes! Hinata felt stupid for not realizing it earlier. Of course her eyes would give her away! She was the only Hyuuga clan member in Naruto's age group. Obviously he would know it was her. Just another stupid act by the failure of the Hyuuga clan. Hinata looked at her feet in dissapointment....

''Y-yes, it was m-me. I'm s-sorry for s-s-spying on you.''

''Don't be. I just wanted to know who you were. And I still think your eyes are pretty.'' Hinata was surprised. Back in the woods she had been to shocked to hear what Naruto said. Did he really think her eyes were pretty?

''Th-thank you N-Naruto-kun.''That's when she slipped up. Figuratively, and litteraly. Hinata nearly hit the floor hard, but Naruto was quick and grabbed her wrists before she was hurt.

''How do you know my Name?'' Naruto asked. How long had she known him without him knowing her?

''I-I just, I n-never, I mean, I do-don't, I.....'' Hinata was confused. She never thought things would ever be like this. Naruto was holding her hands, keeping her from falling to the floor. He had caller her eyes pretty. All this was to much for Hinata to take in one sitting. So she did the only thing she could do in a situation like this. She fainted.

"Hinata? Hinata!'' Naruto saw her with her eyes closed and a little bit of blush still covered her cheeks. ''Wow. She looks so peaceful like this; so.....beautiful." Naruto picked her up bridal style and took her to his apartment. Along the way he kept glancing down at her. ''Why haven't I ever seen her before? How does she know my name? And why did it take me so long to know hers?"

Once he brought her into his apartment he set her down on his bed and covered her with a long blue blanket. "Sleep tight Hinata. Maybe when you wake up you can tell me how you know my name."

''NARUTO!!!" A loud voice called to him. He looked out his window only to see Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke waiting for him. He opened the window only to be blasted by a loud screamed. ''NARUTO, GET DOWN HERE NOW!" The pink haired kunoichi yelled.

''JUST A MINUTE.'' Naruto looked at Hinata. How could he just leave her here. But he had to go NOW. He quickly wrote a note and left it by his bedside. He then turned to Hinata one last time. ''Goodbye Hinata. I'll be back soon. I hope I see you when I come back.'' With that, Naruto closed the window and walked out of his apartment.....

Hinata woke up an hour later in an apartment she had never been in before. ''What happened? Naruto?'' She saw the note on the bedside table.

Hinata
I had to leave on a mission to the land of waves. I should be back in
a couple of weeks. When I come back I hope to see you again. Remember
to lock the door when you leave.
-Naruto

Hinata kept looking at the note written by her crush. ''He wants to see me again!'' She sighed just thinking about it. Maybe her dream was starting to come true. Maybe Naruto would love her back. He would be back in a few weeks. ''So I only have a few weeks to prepare!'' She put the blanket away and locked the door on her way out. ''Naruto, I will win your heart. I would do anything for your love.....''

Part 3:Preparation

Hinata was strolling through the fashion district of Konoha. She was looking for the perfect something to make herself more attractive to Naruto. She stumbled upon Tenten coming out of a hair care products store.

''Hi Hinata! I've never seen you around this store before. What are you doing here?''

"H-hello Tenten. I was j-just looking for s-some extra s-special hair products.D-did you b-buy anything g-good?" Hinata asked.

''Yeah, I bought this new shampoo that's going to make my hair shine! It's the perfect thing to use before my dates with Neji!''

''Oh. D-do you think it's o-okay for m-my hair?''

''Oh yeah, it's great. Just don't use to much, it's pretty strong.''

Hinata thanked Tenten and entered the store. She found the shampoo, bought it, then left the store, happy thoughts about shiny hair floating around her head. She went straight for the dress store. She found the perfect dress. It matched her hair perfectly and nearly reached her ankles. ''I know seeing Naruto again won't be a formal occasion,'' She thought, ''But I want him to be stunned when he sees me! It's a little expensive, but now that I'm a ninja I make my own money!'' She bought the dress and headed for home, confident that she would win Naruto over.

That night she used her new shampoo for the first time. ''The instructions say just to use a pea sized dot, but I want my hair to impress Naruto so much. Maybe if I used two pea sized dots....'' After she left the shower Hinata decided to cover her hair in a shower cap, to protect it. 'I look kind of silly. Maybe I should wear a hat over it?"

Over the next couple of weeks Hinata's life followed a specific routine. Everyday she would eat and train, and every night she would shower with the special shampoo. She had gotten used to wearing the hat over the showercap over her hair. She hardly noticed when the day finally came.

"Hinata, come quick! Naruto just came back from his mission!'' Tenten told her as she burst into Hinata's room.

''R-really? He's h-hear?''

''Yes! And what better time than when the sun is just setting? Get everything ready so you can go meet him.''

''I'll b-be out in a s-sec." Hinata put on her dress quickly, not wanting to miss Naruto's homecoming. She walked out the door with Tenten as they began their search for the blonde. ''I see him!'' Naruto was heading towards is apartment and was some fifety meters from Hinata herself.

''Go Hinata, before he reaches his apartment!'' Hinata ran as fast as she could......until her dress ripped! She was still to far from Narto for him to notice. ''What happened to my dress?''

''It must be to delicate to run in! And you're still wearing your hat!'' Tenten had gotten so used to seeing the Hyuuga wearing that hat instead of seeing her hair that she didn't noticed. ''Quick, take it off.'' Hinata pulled the hat and shower cap off only to reveal.....white hair!?

''What's going on, why is your hair white?''

''I d-don't know! It m-must've been th-that new sh-shampoo! I think I used to much!'' Hinata was a wreck! With messed up hair and a dress ripped in several places, now how would Naruto love her? Speaking of the blonde, he was looking right this way!

''Hinata, hide in the bushes.''

''What!?''

''Just do it. Maybe he won't see you like this.''

Hinata jumped into a bush and hoped no one noticed her. Naruto was now standing where Hinata was only a few minutes ago. ''Hey Tenten, you didn't happen to see Hinata around her, did you?''

''Nope, no way, of course not!'' Tenten answered strangely. ''I'm gonna go look for ghosts, bye.'' and with that Tenten sped off in another direction.

"That was.....weird.'' Naruto noticed a small rustling in the bushes. ''Is someone there?'' he asked the shrub. Naruto stared into it only to notice the opal eyes he had seen so long ago.

"Hinata? Hinata, is that you? What are you doing in there'' Naruto spoke happily. Hinata was totally at a loss for words. On the one hand, Naruto was happy to see her, something she never thought would happen. But on the other hand, she could never let him see her like this.

''Y-yes Naruto-kun, it's m-me. But I p-prefer to stay here.''

''Really? Are you sure you don't want to come out? Please?''

''I'm s-sorry Naruto-kun. I'll s-see you tomorrow."

''But I really wanted to see you again.''

''No, sorry.''

Naruto rolled his eyes. ''Alright, I guess there's no convincing you. I'll see you tomorow.'' Naruto walked away, whistling a happy tune. Hinata breathed a sigh of relief, but.....

''Why do I have the strangest feeling of dejavu?'' Hinata turned around only to see a happy Naruto grab her wrist.

''Gotcha'' he pulled her out of the bush and into the warmest hug Hinata had ever felt. It took her a moment to realize exactly what was going on, and by then Naruto had noticed how she looked. ''Wow...um....m Hinata you look.....nice? Why the sudden change?'' Hinata felt the tears that had been building up suddenly to much to hold in. She buried her face in his chest and began letting all her feelings out. Fast.

"Naruto! I'm sorry I'm such a mess! I tried to hard to impress you. I bought a strong shampoo and an overly delicate dress and all it got me was ripped nightmare and white hair! Please don't leave me alone forever. Please!''

Naruto was shocked. Hinata was speaking so fast Naruto could barely keep up with her. ''Hinata, slow down. I can hardly understand what you're saying. It sounds like you look the way you do because you.....you were trying to impress me?'' Hinata nodded, keeping her head buried in his chest. Naruto tilted her head up with his finger to face him. ''Hinata, you don't need to try to to hard to impress me. As long as you still have those pretty eyes.''

Hinata saw Naruto wasn't kidding. He really cared. Hinata still couldn't tell him she loved him, at least not yet. But as he held her in his arms, Hinata knew she could wait. Hinata also knew that she loved Naruto now more than ever. And somewhere in the back of his mind, Naruto loved her to.
How to say I love you by Sorca5
Author's Notes:
Read and review! I'll get to some of the other stuff this story needs later!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended
NaruXHina
How to say I love you


Part 1:Watching her fight

Naruto saw Hinata fight against all odds in the chunin exam preliminaries. She was pit against her cousin Neji, who some called a the prodigy of the Hyuuga clan. The gifted boy. Facing Hinata, he was the boy everyone knew was going to be the victor, the boy everyone knew would win.

Everyone except Naruto. He was looking down on Hinata. He was almost certain that she knew what she was up against as much as anyone else. Everyone else says it's a hopeless case. A logical impossibility. Everyone else knew Hyuuga Hinata was doomed to fail. So why even try? Why fight fate?

Naruto thought he knew. He remembered when he first met Hinata, how she had tried to hard to impress him when he returned from his mission to the land of waves and all it got her was a ripped night mare and white hair (which took days to wear off). But this wasn't like that. Naruto wondered if she would still be fighting the same way if he wasn't here. He remembered back the day after he came back, how he wanted to make her feel better.....

---------------FLASHBACK--------------------

''N-Naruto-kun, you d-don't have to do th-this.''

''But I want to.''

''J-just because I'm l-like this....''

''I'll be fine Hinata. Besides, this is kinda fun.''

Naruto and Hinata were walking down the Konoha streets on their way to the park where a matsuri (festival) was taking place. Hinata so desperately wanted to go, but she hid her hair under a hat because she didn't want anyone to see her white hair. Naruto took her there to make her feel beter after the troubles that happened the night before. But Naruto was also wearing a hat because.....he wanted to know how she felt! They were just now outside the festival when....

''Naruto-kun, are you sure?"

''Don't worry. Besides, who cares if they laugh?'' Naruto took off his hat. As they walked into the festival there were a lot of people who stared at them. Not that it was to unusual for a boy to have white hair, it was that most people knew the blonde prankster who was no longer blonde.... at least for tonight! Hinata wasn't embarased to be seen with Naruto, she was just wondering why he wasn't embarased to be seen with white hair. But if Naruto was doing it.....

Naruto soon found himself having more fun than he had ever had in her life, and by the way Hinata laughed Naruto suspected she was just as happy! She and Naruto had been to almost every booth. They had been eating, snatching fish, and watching the fireworks. Naruto had completely forgotten about her white hair. All she could think about was how much fun she was having with Naruto. Laughing with him, playing games with him. And when the fireworks came out, he did something without really thinking about it. He placed his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close.

Naruto thought almost nothing of it. He hadn't known how much this made Hinata blush, or how happy this made her feel. If he had, maybe he wouldn't have done it. Or maybe he would have done it sooner.

-------------------END FLASHBACK--------

Naruto was standing by Hinata. She was lying on her back, coughing up blood. She stared back at him, her eyes begining to close slowly. Naruto knew she wasn't going to die. He knew she was goin to be alright. But a small part of him couldn't help but think.....he had mixed feelings when the medic-nin took Hinata away. He was glad she was taken care of before it was too late. But part of him wanted to follow the medic-nin and stay by her forever.

Naruto blinked. Forever? He shook his head of the thought of it. He was worried about her, sure, but to stay with her forever? Why had the thought even crossed his mind? He wouldn't have even thought of that if Sakura was injured. Why was Hinata different? All he knew was that Hinata was a friend, and if a friend was mercilessly beaten by a ninja, then Naruto was surely going to repay the favor. He stood up and began to tell Neji off......

Part 2:By the tree

Over the next month Naruto was training for the final stage of the chunin exams with Jiraiya. And through all that time he never stopped thinking abouth Hinata. But everytime he did, he found himself wondering why he was thinking about her. Finally, after all his training was done, Naruto was heading towards the final stage of the chunin exams. He decided to find someone along the way.

That's when Naruto saw Hinata. She was all alone, just standing behind a tree. He decided that now was as good a time as ever to figure out how he felt.

"Hinata.'' Naruto walked towards the blushing Hyuuga. She hid behind the tree, only peeking her head out to see Naruto. ''Hinata, there's something I need to talk to you about.'' Hinata nodded slowly. Naruto stepped a bit closer to her. And a bit closer.

Hinata slightly drew back behind the tree. Why was Naruto doing this? She felt odd. ''Naruto-kun, what are y-you doing?''

''Hinata, how is it that every time I'm with you, I can't help but smile?'' Hinata blushed. Naruto was happy whenever she was with him? Hinata knew they had fun together at the matsuri and he had really missed her when he left for his misson, but was he......could he maybe be..... Hinata scolded herself for being so foolish. Of course Naruto didn't love her. He hardly knew her. Just because she loved him didn't mean he had to love her.

''I d-don't know Naruto-kun. Maybe it's b-because were such g-great friends.''

''That's just it, I think I want to be more than that.''

Hinata froze. What was Naruto saying? No, he wasn't saying anything. He couldn't be saying this. Why would he be saying this? ''What d-do you m-mean?''

''I think that, maybe, there's a chance, possibly, I.....''

"Naruto, please just say it.''

''I...'' Naruto heard a bell sound. ''I'm late for the chunin exams. I need to go.'' Naruto turned around and ran towards the arena.

Hinata sighed. ''He was so close.'' She thought. ''If it were any other day, he might have said it. He might have said..... no, there's no way he was about to say he loves me. It was just.... a trick of my mind. That's it, my mind just made me hear what I wanted to hear. Or maybe I heard him wrong'' Hinata shook her head and looked at the ground. ''I'll see him again soon. Then I'll set things straight.'' Little did she know that because of the awaiting sand and sound-nin, it would be a long time before she ever saw Naruto again.

Part 3:Leaving Konoha

Naruto was packing all the essentials, preparing to leave with Jiraiya that day. He knew it would be a long time before he could see any of his friends again, so he had said goodbye to almost all of them the day before. Almost.

There was one sad kunoichi who knew he was leaving, but had been left out of the goodbyes. She was sitting atop the Hokage monument, wondering where Naruto was. ''Has he left yet? Why hasn't he said goodbye to me? Doesn't he care?'' Hinata had seen Naruto many times after the chunin exams. She had sat atop this monument many times with him, just watching the sunset and talking. But it had been weeks since then. She stared off into the village, feeling the crisp wind comfort her as it pushed the rain clouds towards Konoha. ''Maybe there's still a chance.'' She heard lightning strike. ''Maybe not. The weather is about to match my mood.

Naruto was near the village gates with Jiraiya. ''Hey, ero-sennin, how long do we have until we leave?''

''About twenty minutes, why?''

''There's something I have to do.''

''Alright, but make it quick. It's going to rain soon.''

Naruto jumped on top of a low roof and began his search. ''If I know Hinata, then she's probably where I think she is.'' Naruto quickened the pace and headed towards the Hokage monument.

Hinata looked at her feet in dissapointment. ''I suppose I'm just not important enough.'' Then she saw it. Out of the corner of her eye she saw an orange blur heading her direction. ''No, it couldn't be. Is it?'' She saw the orange blur stop in a puff of smoke. She looked closely. ''It's Naruto! But why did he stop?'' She saw Naruto just standing, looking around. He spotted her and waved. ''He saw me!'' Hinata waved back, only to see Naruto dissapear in a puff of smoke. ''What? If that was a clone, then the real Naruto is....''

''Gotcha!'' She felt warm hands grab her around the waist and pull her into a hug while she blushed. She also heard laughter and felt the same happiness she usually felt when Naruto was around. Another crack of lightning was heard, and rain drops began to sprinkle out of the clouds.

''Naruto-kun, have you c-come to say goodbye?'' Naruto stopped laughing and loosened his hold around the Hyuuga. ''That, and I've come to say something else to. Before I leave, there's something I want you to know.'' He let her go as she turned to face him. ''Hinata, remember when I was on my way to the chunin exams, and I ran into you?'' Hinata nodded. ''There was something I was going to say. Something I should have told you. Hinata, I know why it is that whenever I'm around you, I can't help but smile.''

''Naruto...''

''When I saw you, at the matsuri, when I came back from the land of waves, and even when I saw you in the forest.''

''Naruto.''

''I should've kissed you.''

''You still can...''

''I should've told you that I love you.''

''Tell me now.''

''I love you Hinata.''

Naruto wrappped his arms around the Hyuuga waist as she wrapped hers around his neck. Then he quickly bridged the gap between their mouths and kissed her. He poured all his passion into it, and she poured in all her love. They stayed that way for a minute, then stopped for air. Naruto pulled her close, not wanting to let go of her, fearing she might be taken away. She kept her arms around his neck, not wanting to release, afraid he might dissapear.

''Hinata, I need to leave.''

''No.''

''I have to go.''

''Naruto, please!''

''I'll come back, I promise I will.'' Hinata could feel tears welling up in her eyes. ''And I promise I'll still love you when I return. I'll always love you Hinata.'' Hinata couldn't hold back her tears. She buried her face in his chest and cried. ''How can you be sure?'' she cried into his chest. Naruto could see she needed assurance. He pulled back from the Hyuuga and looked her in the eyes. ''Because I never go back on my word. That is my ninja way.''

Hinata nodded. ''Thank you Naruto-kun.'' She rest her head on his shoulder. He stroked her hair and kissed her cheek. They stood together that way for as long as they could, the rain soaking their skin and their warm bodies keeping each other content. Naruto broke the silence.

''Hinata, I have to go now. But I'll never stop thinking of you.'' Hinata pulled him closer.

''Don't forget to write Naruto-kun.''

''I won't.'' Giving her one final hug and a soft kiss on her mouth, Naruto walked down the monument. When he reached the gates to Konoha, he looked back to the village one last time. He walked away, thoughts of his first kiss with Hinata filling his mind.
Chapter 3 by Sorca5
Author's Notes:
Hi everybody! Gosh, I was away from my computer for so long I bet half of you thought I was dying and the other half thought I was dead. The truth is, I just plain lost my inspiration. It was gone. Poof, just like that. How long was I gone, months? It was probably months. But I'm probably overflattering myself. Anyways, heres the next installment of NaruXHina! Read and review, because I love it when you guys review! The more you R&R, the sooner I'll put up the next chapter!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended
The return

Part 1: The blue letter

Hinata sat in her favorite tree, overlooking the village that was her home town. The cool wind brushed her hair against her cheeks, tickling her nose a bit. She let out a small sneeze and pulled up the zipper on her coat, letting go of the blue piece of paper in her hands just as the gust of wind returned and swept it to the grassy hill where the tree was perched. She jumped down from the tree and picked up the letter with such speed that you would've thought the world would end if the paper touched the ground for more than two seconds. That blue piece of paper was the last note Naruto had written her. She enjoyed reading it to herself ever since she got it a week ago.


To the prettiest Kunoichi in Konoha, by which I mean Hinata (She always blushed more when she read that part)

I have finished all the training ero-sennin had for me. It just took me a bit longer to finish because I couldn't stop thinking about you. I'm about ten days away from Konoha, so expect me there in eight, if not seven. And when I arrive, I'm going to show you something that I've been planning for you ever since I left. I can't wait to see those beautiful eyes of yours again.

Missing you more each day,
Naruto


Hinata held the letter close to her heart and smiled, a little blush sneaking onto her face. Her Naruto was coming home. He had been gone for so long, but now he was returning to her. He might even come today! There was a small chance, but a chance nonetheless! She jumped from the hill and began skipping gracefully towards the entrance to Konoha, just in case. She was so happy her eyes were closed and she tripped over a rock.

''Woah!'' the Hyuuga fell on her hands and pushed herself up in less than a second. ''Did any one see that?'' She asked the air around her. Satisfied that nobody had seen her, Hinata turned around and tripped on her heel, only to have unknown hands grab her around the waist until she had both feet firmly planted on the ground. The unknown hands then moved up to cover her eyes.

''Hello Hinata-chan. Do you recognize my voice?'' Hinata then proceeded shake with excitement. She knew the voice.

Part 2: Reunited

He sounded older, more like the man she knew he was. Hinata turned around and pulled Naruto into a deep kiss. She ran her fingers through his arm while he stroked her back. It felt twice as great as their first kiss. Hinata opened her eyes and gazed into Naruto deep blue ones. She could see into his soul.

Naruto POV

Here she is. It seems like an eternity since I last held her in my arms. And it's true what I said before I left. Whenever I see her, I just can't help but smile. And that kiss was amazing, way better than the first. I think her lavender smell just rubbed off on my clothes, and I love it.

''I can see you've just gotten prettier since I left. And your long hair makes you look beautiful.''

The blush on her face came back quicker than I thought it would. I could feel her grow happier and happier the more I spoke. She rest her head on my shoulder and hung her arms around my neck. She then placed a soft kiss on my cheek. It felt warm, and calm. She then looked at me seriously. I could see the same sadness in her eyes that I saw when I told her I had to leave. And right after kissing her for the first time. It suddenly dawned on me that I was an idiot.

''Naruto-kun, could you promise me something?''

''Of course Hinata-chan. I can promise you anything.'' Now I saw the sadness in her eyes slowly become tears. Just seeing her like that made me want to cry too.

''Promise me that you won't leave me again. Please Naruto-kun, don't ever leave me again.'' Now the tears were running down her face. I had to stop her from crying. I just can't bare to see her like this again.

''I promise Hinata. I could never think of doing that to you again. Ever.'' She smiled a tiny bit once I finished my promise. I noticed now that her stutter was gone. She had changed just a bit, but then again so have I. I had grown a lot taller. But we were still the same people: still madly in love. Then I just couldn't help myself. I literally swept her off her feet and picked her up bridal style.

''Naruto...'' she said with a giggle. A very cute giggle. ''...what are you doing?''

''Would you mind if I carried you into town? You know, so every one in Konoha knows that...'' I leaned my face close to hers so I could stretch out his the last part. ''...we're in love. Would you mind?''

She kept her arms around my neck and gave me a quick peck on the cheek before she answered. ''I would love that Naruto-kun.'' She was obviously happy with surprising the heck out of me. But, she said yes, so I walked into town with my one and only love in my arms. I kept looking into her eyes as I walked along the sidewalk. I know I shouldn't because I kept almost bumping into everyone, but it's just too hard to look away from her eyes. I did notice some looks from certain people though. The elders of the village stared in shock, but I didn't care. The youngest kids would point and giggle. And then Sakura...

''Sakura?'' If Hinata hadn't said her name I never would've noticed the Haruno run towards us with a smile on her face so large that it stretched from one end of Konoha to the other.

''Well, what do we have here?'' She was speaking in such a happy tone, it would've annoyed me if the reason she wasn't so perky was Hinata and I. ''Hinata, you and Naruto? You two are finally together!'' Why couldn't she just leave so I could get back to Hinata? But I guess I should've expected this. You can't carry a girl around bridal style and not expect to attract a little attention.

Sakura was so happy she tried to hug us both at the same time and, thanks to her incredible strength, she suceeded in holding both in a massive death grip. Her hug actually pushed Hinata's face into mine (but I wasn't complaining). That was like, what, our fourth kiss? Fifth? Whose got time to count when your in love?

''I never expected this to happen.'' She blurted out. ''Oh wait, that makes me sound like a jerk. Sorry Hinata.''

''That's okay Sakura.'' Hinata said as she rest her head against my chest. ''I never expected this to happen either.''

''Hey, I know what we should do.'' Sakura continued, ''We should throw you a party to celebrate.'' It was only now that she stopped hugging us and stepped back a little. ''I'm going to tell all of our friends and see if we can't throw you that party this weekend. Talk to you later.''

She almost sounded convincing. I would have almost believed her if I hadn't secrety sent her (and more than a few of our closest friends) a little letter telling them my party plan. But I had more than just dancing planned for us at the party. I continued to walk through town carrying my love (I'm not used to talking like that, even in my head) who was about to recieve a special message during the event.


Part 3: Sasuke

Sasuke POV

I was looking down at his corpse. It was pitiful. The neck was snapped, and despite how gruesome he looked, there was actually very little blood. It was as if he was just a hollow shell. Not the most honorable way to die. I mean for god sakes, he died with his tongue sticking out. I can't believe I used to think this guy was ever more powerful than me. I took my sword out of his stomach after I made that deep cut in it, then watched his worthless body droop to the floor. Pathetic.

I resheathed my sword and walked out of Orochimaru's lair; some of his sound nin still staring in awe. They didn't dare come anywere near me. They knew I could kill them all with little effort if I wanted to. But all I cared was that the first part of my experiment was complete. My training here gave enough strength to kill Orochimaru. Now, as I was heading towards my home town, I would see if my new abilities were strong enough to kill Itachi. But first, I must see if I can kill someone weaker. I must see if Ican kill Naruto.
End Notes:
I hope you like it! Sorca5 :-)